Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Evo 4G LTE

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree17Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 2nd, 2012, 02:07 PM   #251 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
falconey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 646
 
Device(s): 2 x Note 3, Note 2 Blackberry Curve
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 420
Thanked 408 Times in 252 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn6 View Post
Anyone else experience this in Cal. I preordered at BB. Tax was predicated on a $699. Srp effectively washing the gift card.
CA is one of the states that charges tax on full retail price regarding cellular equipment.

falconey is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:18 PM   #252 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 118
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 176
Thanked 55 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Best deal on HTC EVO 4G LTE right now!

SPRINT HTC EVO LTE $169.99 with $100 in Bestbuy Rewardzone

SPRINT HTC EVO LTE $169.99 with $100 in Bestbuy Rewardzone - Slickdeals.net
mms1946 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mms1946 For This Useful Post:
EasyEEE (June 2nd, 2012)
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:30 PM   #253 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 9,288
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,044
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default

Still confused why the local sprint still didn't have a demo. Oh well
__________________
Love the G-Note series!
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:34 PM   #254 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 118
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 176
Thanked 55 Times in 28 Posts
Default

If you haven't received your EVO, check out this deal....

SPRINT HTC EVO LTE $169.99 with $100 in Bestbuy Rewardzone - Slickdeals.net

I know this is not the thread for this, but figured a lot of people are still waiting for their phones...
mms1946 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 10:05 AM   #255 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
falconey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 646
 
Device(s): 2 x Note 3, Note 2 Blackberry Curve
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 420
Thanked 408 Times in 252 Posts
Default

I finally took the plunge with wirefly add it up. Can't really beat getting the phone for $99 with no tax. Their site says 2-3 weeks before it gets shipped, but that gives me time to find a store with a demo and to cancel the order if needed. I don't think I'll have to cancel though.
falconey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 11:03 AM   #256 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,076
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 211
Thanked 264 Times in 205 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Still confused why the local sprint still didn't have a demo. Oh well
Was it a corporate store? I know the non corporate stores take a while to get a demo. I plan to head over to Sprint today and see if they have one.
mak916 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 11:41 AM   #257 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 181
 
Device(s): LTEVO, EVO 4G (Wifey's), Motorola Xoom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 171
Thanked 117 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn6 View Post
Anyone else experience this in Cal. I preordered at BB. Tax was predicated on a $699. Srp effectively washing the gift card.
I think i'd make a special trip to Phoenix just because of this
3volut1on is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 12:25 PM   #258 (permalink)
Member
 
Complex757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 367
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 183
Thanked 100 Times in 69 Posts
Default

I did Best Buy with the $50 gift card. They carried it over from the preorder to anyone purchasing and activating by 7/7. It's not a mail in gift card if you purchase in store. They apply it the moment of your purchase. I essentially got a new Otterbox Defender case, versus getting at the Sprint store which I was going to do at first.



HTC EVO 4G LTE

$50 Best Buy gift card offer

HTC EVO 4G LTE is now available! Order now and get a $50 Best Buy gift card when you activate the phone.*
The HTC EVO 4G LTE boasts an amazing camera and authentic sound.
*Requires a 2-year agreement
with Sprint and activation through Best Buy. Gift card code will be e-mailed within 1-2 business days of phone ship date. Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets.
__________________
HTC Hero -> HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D -> HTC Evo LTE
Complex757 is offline  
Last edited by Complex757; June 3rd, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Complex757 For This Useful Post:
EasyEEE (June 3rd, 2012), Orion (June 4th, 2012)
Old June 3rd, 2012, 09:10 PM   #259 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,076
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 211
Thanked 264 Times in 205 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn6 View Post
Anyone else experience this in Cal. I preordered at BB. Tax was predicated on a $699. Srp effectively washing the gift card.
Thanks for letting us know. I going to think twice now about buying from Best Buy. I had planned to buy my next phone from them. Not sure now.
mak916 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 10:59 PM   #260 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Cali Tax SUX!

Yup,I noticed the tax on the $699 price! BUT,I only went to BB after I was told at Sprint Store that all 4 phones were already set aside.Okay I said no problem,I asked,are there any more EVO LTE maybe?the Rep went to ask,and told me he can sell one to me,but I HAVE to buy $50 worth of accesories !!!
WTF!! Oh so one phone magically appears but at $50 extra! I told him that was just wrong,and went to BB,they had plenty and gave me $50 off.

Covina,Ca Sprint store........shame on you!
watox69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 3rd, 2012, 11:17 PM   #261 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,076
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 211
Thanked 264 Times in 205 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by watox69 View Post
Yup,I noticed the tax on the $699 price! BUT,I only went to BB after I was told at Sprint Store that all 4 phones were already set aside.Okay I said no problem,I asked,are there any more EVO LTE maybe?the Rep went to ask,and told me he can sell one to me,but I HAVE to buy $50 worth of accesories !!!
WTF!! Oh so one phone magically appears but at $50 extra! I told him that was just wrong,and went to BB,they had plenty and gave me $50 off.

Covina,Ca Sprint store........shame on you!
With tax and all, how much did it come out to? I'm trying to get an idea of where I want to buy my next phone from.
mak916 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 08:02 AM   #262 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconey View Post
You are confusing things, lol. The $50 is for preordering the EVLte. Just go to the website and search for the phone.

HTC EVO 4G LTE

$50 Best Buy gift card offer

Pre-order the HTC EVO 4G LTE and get a $50 Best Buy gift card when you activate the phone.*
The HTC EVO 4G LTE boasts an amazing camera and authentic sound.
*Requires a 2-year agreement
with Sprint and activation through Best Buy. Gift card code will be e-mailed within 1-2 business days of phone ship date. Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex757 View Post
I did Best Buy with the $50 gift card. They carried it over from the preorder to anyone purchasing and activating by 7/7. It's not a mail in gift card if you purchase in store. They apply it the moment of your purchase. I essentially got a new Otterbox Defender case, versus getting at the Sprint store which I was going to do at first.



HTC EVO 4G LTE

$50 Best Buy gift card offer

HTC EVO 4G LTE is now available! Order now and get a $50 Best Buy gift card when you activate the phone.*
The HTC EVO 4G LTE boasts an amazing camera and authentic sound.
*Requires a 2-year agreement
with Sprint and activation through Best Buy. Gift card code will be e-mailed within 1-2 business days of phone ship date. Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets.

Tried to tell you guys...
hperry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #263 (permalink)
Member
 
ren857's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 443
 
Device(s): Nexus 5; Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 72
Thanked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by watox69 View Post
Yup,I noticed the tax on the $699 price! BUT,I only went to BB after I was told at Sprint Store that all 4 phones were already set aside.Okay I said no problem,I asked,are there any more EVO LTE maybe?the Rep went to ask,and told me he can sell one to me,but I HAVE to buy $50 worth of accesories !!!
WTF!! Oh so one phone magically appears but at $50 extra! I told him that was just wrong,and went to BB,they had plenty and gave me $50 off.

Covina,Ca Sprint store........shame on you!
Was that a corporate store or an authorized dealer?
ren857 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #264 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 66
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Finally...my account was charged by Amazon. Hopefully this means my phone is shipping today. Anyone still undecided on where to purchase, it is a great deal. $149.99, no tax, free 2 day shipping. I can't wait!
__________________
HTC Hero > HTC Evo 4G > Motorola Photon > HTC Evo 4G LTE > Nexus 4!
SuperDave70 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #265 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Orion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,474
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 352
Thanked 461 Times in 293 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex757 View Post
I did Best Buy with the $50 gift card. They carried it over from the preorder to anyone purchasing and activating by 7/7. It's not a mail in gift card if you purchase in store. They apply it the moment of your purchase. I essentially got a new Otterbox Defender case, versus getting at the Sprint store which I was going to do at first.



HTC EVO 4G LTE

$50 Best Buy gift card offer

HTC EVO 4G LTE is now available! Order now and get a $50 Best Buy gift card when you activate the phone.*
The HTC EVO 4G LTE boasts an amazing camera and authentic sound.
*Requires a 2-year agreement
with Sprint and activation through Best Buy. Gift card code will be e-mailed within 1-2 business days of phone ship date. Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets.
That's good to know. I still plan on going to BB to get this thing.
Orion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #266 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 154
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 292
Thanked 98 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
With tax and all, how much did it come out to? I'm trying to get an idea of where I want to buy my next phone from.
California sales tax also depends on what area you buy it since some cities also add their own sales tax. In Emeryville I paid $56.79 tax. So the total including my $50 discount came to $206.78
__________________
Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
nullspace is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nullspace For This Useful Post:
mak916 (June 4th, 2012)
Old June 4th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #267 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
falconey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 646
 
Device(s): 2 x Note 3, Note 2 Blackberry Curve
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 420
Thanked 408 Times in 252 Posts
Default

Received this from Wirefly today. I ordered yesterday.

Dear


Thought you could use some good news to end your Monday.

We will be shipping all approved orders for the HTC EVO 4G LTE smartphone by this Thursday for delivery Friday June 8th.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding with all the availability challenges we’ve encountered with this highly-anticipated device. We’ve had a chance to play with one and think you will be very impressed.

Thanks again for shopping with us. We greatly appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

You Friends at Wirefly for Bank of America Add It Up Members
BenChase7 likes this.
falconey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #268 (permalink)
Member
 
Complex757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 367
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 183
Thanked 100 Times in 69 Posts
Default

By the way, when I got my Evo from Best Buy the rep didn't even know about the $50 gift card. I told him about it, and another girl only knew about it, because she received the same e-mail. Makes me wonder how many people purchased Evo's on Saturday that should have gotten $50 off.
Complex757 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #269 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,233
 
Device(s): EVO LTE & EVO 4G & Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,961
Thanked 881 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Deal Alert!

EVO LTE for 149 at AmazonWireless
(and free shipping! and, no tax? )

AmazonWireless: HTC EVO LTE 4G Android Phone (Sprint)
BenChase7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #270 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 9,288
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,044
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
Was it a corporate store? I know the non corporate stores take a while to get a demo. I plan to head over to Sprint today and see if they have one.
One I went to on Saturday wasn't. Haven't checked the corporate store by work or home yet, so I may do that this Friday. I'm in no rush though. I just happened to be conveniently be next to a Sprint store that day, so I stopped in. Until LG and Motorola specs are announced more definitively, that's when I'll start figuring out which route I'm going this year.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 5th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #271 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
3vodroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,174
 
Device(s): Rooted EVO 4G LTE ( MeanRom 4.6),Rooted Toshiba THRiVE (Dalepl's ICS)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,561
Thanked 695 Times in 373 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to 3vodroid
Default

Does anyone know what the EVO should go for as a private sale.. Craigslist ebay etc? Just curious.. I know they were like 700 or something ridiculous off contract
3vodroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #272 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,233
 
Device(s): EVO LTE & EVO 4G & Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,961
Thanked 881 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vodroid View Post
Does anyone know what the EVO should go for as a private sale.. Craigslist ebay etc? Just curious.. I know they were like 700 or something ridiculous off contract
BB (and other 3rd prty stores) usually sell off-contract for much higher then what Sprint charges for off-Contract. I think Sprint only charges 550 off contract.

Not sure about private (used) sale.. I'm looking into that myself. I've seen 575 to 1000 on ebay. But it looks like ebay is coming down since the phones been officially released. Cant find any here on CL.
BenChase7 is offline  
Last edited by BenChase7; June 5th, 2012 at 04:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BenChase7 For This Useful Post:
3vodroid (June 9th, 2012)
Old June 6th, 2012, 07:59 AM   #273 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Saugus, CA
Posts: 33
 
Device(s): EVO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChase7 View Post
Deal Alert!

EVO LTE for 149 at AmazonWireless
(and free shipping! and, no tax? )

AmazonWireless: HTC EVO LTE 4G Android Phone (Sprint)
Yep!
Options/opinions on where to purchase the EVO 4G LTE

By the way, my phone shipped over a week earlier than they originally told me. I'll have it this afternoon!
CA_SteelersFan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #274 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
falconey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 646
 
Device(s): 2 x Note 3, Note 2 Blackberry Curve
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 420
Thanked 408 Times in 252 Posts
Default

Looks like wirefly is coming through for me......

Great News! Your new Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE has completed processing and is ready to ship. As soon as it passes our Quality Assurance team, we will update our Customer Support website and send you another email so you can track your package directly on the shipper's site.
If you have any questions or to view and print the details of your order, please visit our Customer Support website by following the link below.
https://www.whereismyorder.com
Thank you for choosing Wirefly for Bank of America Add It Up Members. Your order will soon be on its way to you.
Sincerely,
The Customer Service Team at Wirefly for Bank of America Add It Up Members
falconey is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to falconey For This Useful Post:
PattiCakeUS (June 8th, 2012)
Old June 7th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #275 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 14
 
Device(s): Evo 4G ->Evo 3D ->Iphone 4s -> Evo 4G LTE -> Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I went to BB today to find out they extended their trade in promo's of the HTC 4G to this Sat. Only one associate knew about it as the other two claimed there wasn't any extended promos. So I went ahead and traded in mine for the 4G LTE and after the promo discounts it was $63 out the door. Very happy.
vegasr is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vegasr For This Useful Post:
PattiCakeUS (June 8th, 2012)
Old June 8th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #276 (permalink)
Member
 
ren857's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 443
 
Device(s): Nexus 5; Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 72
Thanked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconey View Post
Looks like wirefly is coming through for me......

Great News! Your new Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE has completed processing and is ready to ship. As soon as it passes our Quality Assurance team, we will update our Customer Support website and send you another email so you can track your package directly on the shipper's site.
What does the Quality Assurance Team.do?
ren857 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #277 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 184
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 43
Thanked 81 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren857 View Post
What does the Quality Assurance Team.do?

They check the phone before it is packaged to make sure that all items are included with the phone and that any accessories that were ordered so that box received by the customer has all the items in it. Hope that helps...but let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you!
Wirefly is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wirefly For This Useful Post:
falconey (June 8th, 2012), PattiCakeUS (June 8th, 2012), ren857 (June 8th, 2012)
Old June 8th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #278 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 90
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 74 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vodroid View Post
Does anyone know what the EVO should go for as a private sale.. Craigslist ebay etc? Just curious.. I know they were like 700 or something ridiculous off contract

No less than $550 @ least until the S3 comes out, and that's being conservative. It's still hot enough to where you can fetch $600-700 for a few more weeks. After the S3 release and things settle down towards mid-summer, you'll still be able to dump it off for between $450-$500 with no haggle for quite a while.
pwrmedia is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pwrmedia For This Useful Post:
3vodroid (June 9th, 2012)
Old June 8th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #279 (permalink)
Member
 
ren857's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 443
 
Device(s): Nexus 5; Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 72
Thanked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirefly View Post
They check the phone before it is packaged to make sure that all items are included with the phone and that any accessories that were ordered so that box received by the customer has all the items in it. Hope that helps...but let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you!
Thanks!
ren857 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #280 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 277
 
Device(s): Samsung GS3 Sprint - Unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 246
Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts
Default Best place to purchase LTEvo?

So my company has two upgrades available and I think I want to pull the trigger on the LTEvo. Is Best Buy probably the best place to purchase the phone? I tried Amazon Wireless, and although it appears you can get it for $149 with a new service, it costs the same $199 for an upgrade on an existing account. I'm a little gun shy after purchasing a Photon for my mom and then the price got slashed in half a few weeks later.

Also, anyone else holding out to see what the Samsung is like?
bupolo is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 12th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #281 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 44,033
 
Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 41,695
Thanked 54,830 Times in 21,866 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bupolo View Post
So my company has two upgrades available and I think I want to pull the trigger on the LTEvo. Is Best Buy probably the best place to purchase the phone? I tried Amazon Wireless, and although it appears you can get it for $149 with a new service, it costs the same $199 for an upgrade on an existing account. I'm a little gun shy after purchasing a Photon for my mom and then the price got slashed in half a few weeks later.

Also, anyone else holding out to see what the Samsung is like?
Hi bupulo!

I got mine from Best Buy by trading in my Evo, they gave me $50 for the Evo and another $50 for making a trade with a new 2-year contract. If you're interested in letting your Evo 4G go and don't want the hassle of selling it yourself, that's a good deal (I'm hearing that at the moment, used Evo value is back up above $100). The Evo trade-in offer was originally set to expire on June 2nd, but I understand that's been extended.

I've moved your post here so you can check out previous opinions.

Probably a lot of people are on the fence about the LTEvo and the SGS3, if you like, check out our lively thread on it, here's a post I found with a decent side-by-side comparison with the international SGS3 vs the international One X (the LTEvo is a variant of that). Not exactly the same as the Sprint-Sprint comparison, but a good overview -

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/542768-compare-contrast-opinions-gsiii-vs-evo-4g-lte-10.html#post4508258
EarlyMon is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post:
bupolo (June 12th, 2012)
Old June 12th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #282 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 277
 
Device(s): Samsung GS3 Sprint - Unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 246
Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Hi bupulo!
Probably a lot of people are on the fence about the LTEvo and the SGS3, if you like, check out our lively thread on it, here's a post I found with a decent side-by-side comparison with the international SGS3 vs the international One X (the LTEvo is a variant of that). Not exactly the same as the Sprint-Sprint comparison, but a good overview -

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/542768-compare-contrast-opinions-gsiii-vs-evo-4g-lte-10.html#post4508258
Merci! Do we know when the S III is going to be released? Still just "later this month?"

Also, I'm toying with the idea of having my GF, who is currently on AT&T using a 3 year old tiny android phone, switch to Sprint and use my OGEvo (so she can save the upgrade option). What do you think of that idea? Do you know if Sprint is still paying $100+ for people to switch from other providers?
bupolo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #283 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 44,033
 
Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 41,695
Thanked 54,830 Times in 21,866 Posts
Default

You know, I don't know if Sprint is still doing that or not, but it's worth looking into.

They've dropped the platinum group (as you probably know), so anything to save an upgrade option makes good sense to me, especially if your Evo is good to go (mine was still perfect after 2 years of hard use, so there you are).
EarlyMon is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post:
bupolo (June 12th, 2012)
Old June 12th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #284 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 277
 
Device(s): Samsung GS3 Sprint - Unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 246
Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Thanks, yah my Evo is good to go because, well, it's a replacement I received when mine was stolen. I received it a few weeks ago (I probably should have just waited for the LTEvo to come out), but it's only the Version 3 build
bupolo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #285 (permalink)
Member
 
ren857's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 443
 
Device(s): Nexus 5; Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 72
Thanked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bupolo View Post
Merci! Do we know when the S III is going to be released? Still just "later this month?"

Also, I'm toying with the idea of having my GF, who is currently on AT&T using a 3 year old tiny android phone, switch to Sprint and use my OGEvo (so she can save the upgrade option). What do you think of that idea? Do you know if Sprint is still paying $100+ for people to switch from other providers?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a Sprint policy to make you sign a new 2-year contract even if you bring your own phone?
ren857 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #286 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 695
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: Sprint, home of unlimited dialup

Thanks: 54
Thanked 211 Times in 167 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren857 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a Sprint policy to make you sign a new 2-year contract even if you bring your own phone?
If you are with sprint and buy a Sprint phone from another person/company (without subsidy from sprint), you do not have to sign a contract.
jj14x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #287 (permalink)
Member
 
ren857's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 443
 
Device(s): Nexus 5; Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 72
Thanked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
If you are with sprint and buy a Sprint phone from another person/company (without subsidy from sprint), you do not have to sign a contract.
I get that but bupolo said that his girlfriend was switching to Sprint, which would require a new contract if you bring your own phone or not, no?
ren857 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ren857 For This Useful Post:
bupolo (June 15th, 2012)
Old June 15th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #288 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 277
 
Device(s): Samsung GS3 Sprint - Unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 246
Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts
Default

I thought she'd be able to sign up for a 2 year contract but bank her upgrade? It may be a moot point now since the ETF is currently $200 for her. Although the Evo would be a big upgrade from her current phone, I don't think she wants (me) to spend $200 to get it on Sprint.
bupolo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #289 (permalink)
Member
 
bearballz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 240
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII, Lenovo Thinkpad tablet, Apple Ipad 2, Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 51
Thanked 73 Times in 56 Posts
Default

I have to say I got a great deal at BB. I originally was going to buy it at CompUSA because they had it for $150.00 but I've never bought a phone from BB so I thought I would stop over there on my way to CUSA and just check out their prices.

Turned out BB was running a promo where they gave you a $50.00 gft card to use towards the phone plus they price matched CUSA, then they gave me $50.00 for my old Evo 4G (which was in terrible shape, cracked screen and the jack was messed up). So the phone was $50.00 plus I bought a Pt case with holster (I think these are a BB house brand but was told they are made by Seidio).

So with taxes and fees it all came out to $110.00, not a bad deal IMO. I did sign up for that BB Black Tie protection plan, not sure I'm going to keep it though. But considering I put my original Evo through the ringer it may be worth the money since it covers damage even if your at fault.

I know it may vary from store to store but I was really surprised with the service and knowledge the BB Sales Associate had and may continue buying phones from that BB.
bearballz is offline  
Last edited by bearballz; June 16th, 2012 at 12:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #290 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Rose4uKy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,111
 
Device(s): Had the EVO4G the EVO 3D and now the EVO4G LTE!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 438
Thanked 181 Times in 147 Posts
Default

I had never bought from BB neither before but with the 50 dollar gift card that came with the phone to use towards the phone plus I had signed up for Best Buys Phone Freedom in Feb for another 50 off so I paid a 100 which wasn't bad neither. But then of course I sold my 3D to a friends son with lots of nice accessories so I came out ahead. I love this phone beside having a few texting issues which I am hoping are worked out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearballz View Post
I have to say I got a great deal at BB. I originally was going to buy it at CompUSA because they had it for $150.00 but I've never bought a phone from BB so I thought I would stop over there on my way to CUSA and check out prices.

Turned out BB was running a promo where they gave you a $50.00 gft card to use towards the phone plus they price matched CUSA, then they gave me $50.00 for my old Evo 4G (which was in terrible shape, cracked screen and the jack was messed up). So the phone was $50.00 plus I bought a Pt case with holster (I think these are a BB house brand but was told they are made by Seidio).

So with taxes and fees it all came out to $110.00, not a bad deal IMO. I did sign up for that BB Black Tie protection plan, not sure I'm going to keep it though. But considering I put my original Evo through the ringer it may be worth the money considering it covers damage even if it's your at fault.

I know it may vary from store to store but I was really surprised with the service and knowledge the BB Sales Associate had and may continue buying phones from that BB.
Rose4uKy is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #291 (permalink)
Member
 
bearballz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 240
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII, Lenovo Thinkpad tablet, Apple Ipad 2, Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 51
Thanked 73 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Yeah I always bought my phones directly from my mobile provider (or the Apple store when I using an Iphone). When I was at the Sprint store looking at the new Evo the sales associate didn't have a clue. Plus they wouldn't price match other retailers which is vexing. I remember when I bought the original EVO (at the same store BTW) I told the asscoate that BB had a sale going on and she set me up with a credit on my first bill.

Must be a new policy or maybe it varies from store to store because to me that's not an incentive to buy directly again from Sprint.
bearballz is offline  
Last edited by bearballz; June 16th, 2012 at 09:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #292 (permalink)
Member
 
PattiCakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Gender: Female
Posts: 394
 
Device(s): LG G2, Motorola Xoom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,795
Thanked 227 Times in 141 Posts
Send a message via MSN to PattiCakeUS
Default Off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearballz View Post
I have to say I got a great deal at BB. I originally was going to buy it at CompUSA...
Wow, there are still some CompUSA stores around?? I thought they went out of business, ours disappeared a few years ago.
__________________
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
-The Dalai Lama
PattiCakeUS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #293 (permalink)
Member
 
bearballz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 240
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII, Lenovo Thinkpad tablet, Apple Ipad 2, Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 51
Thanked 73 Times in 56 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiCakeUS View Post
Wow, there are still some CompUSA stores around?? I thought they went out of business, ours disappeared a few years ago.
Tigerdirect bought the naming rights to CompUSA as well as Circuit City. So all of Tiger's retail stores are now renamed CompUSA. Tigerdirect.com is still around but online and CircuitCity.com is online only as well. They're pretty much all the same site with the same stuff, same prices etc.

I believe all the retail stores for the exception of Chicago are based down south, including Texas. Believe there are 4 stores here in the Chicagoland area.
bearballz is offline  
Last edited by bearballz; July 15th, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bearballz For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (June 23rd, 2012), PattiCakeUS (June 24th, 2012)
Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:23 PM   #294 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): LTEVO, OG evo 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 40 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Went and picked up my LTEVO yesterday from Best Buy. I didn't want to give up my OG Evo yet so the only credit I thought I would get was the $50 that expires on July 7.

So as I'm talking to the lady at BB I asked, "Are you gonna price match Walmart, cus the Ltevo is only $150 there."

She said "Sure, we can do that".

I got the phone for $100 + tax + buyback + first month insurance = $147

Seems like a deal to me
Rose4uKy and PattiCakeUS like this.
EvoJake is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EvoJake For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (June 23rd, 2012)
Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:19 PM   #295 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default

Add me to the list of the happy Best Buy customers.

I bought my LTE on 6/6. I planned to happily buy it from the Sprint Store in Emeryville, CA for $199. I drove to the store, waited in line, got to the register…where the CSR hit me with no less than 37 upsells for various services and BS. I smiled as I told her no over and over and over.

Then I asked her about the return policy, since I'd heard some things about various problems people were having with their early phones. She said there was a $35 restocking fee…"same as Best Buy and Radio Shack", she said.

WTF???

She lost me there. On principle and with the general vibe. I asked her, "what is something is wrong with the phone?". "$35 restocking fee", she repeats. Wow. Ok, so I walked out…and said sorry to my OG EVO.

Got on the forums, and decided to try Best Buy (which I don't like to buy from in general). Emeryville BB had one, so I smashed down there and scooped one up for $199. They did give me the $50 gift card which I applied to…well, basically the TAX, since it was $56.79 (on the full price scam).

Out the door for $206.78

I figured I'd play with it for a week or so and return it if it was defective or didn't "WOW" me enough. My decision was pretty close come to the end of my 14-day return window. I figured I'd give the pricematch with Target/Walmart/Amazon/whomever for $150 a shot. If they denied me, I'd return it…since I was having some problems and doubts about the phone.

Well, I came armed with a printout from Targetmobilestore.com for $149.99 and the pricematch went smooth as silk. I was expecting a lil fallout "we don't pricematch online", but nope.

So how much did I get back? I was expecting around $55…$199.99-$149.99+tax.

Nope. I got $93.67!

Somehow, the tax part of the refund came up to $43.67 (I have a printout of my receipt in my Evernote acct). So I guess the ridiculous "tax on the full price" came full circle for me.

Final total out of pocket = $103. And I kept my OG EVO as a very nice multimedia game music playing web video machine & emergency backup phone.

Of course, this is a YMMV story, but bottom line…it shouldn't be a problem getting BB to pricematch to $150. The rest is a crapshoot.
PattiCakeUS likes this.
be the droid is offline  
Last edited by be the droid; June 23rd, 2012 at 10:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to be the droid For This Useful Post:
bearballz (July 15th, 2012), EarlyMon (June 24th, 2012), PattiCakeUS (June 24th, 2012)
Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:35 PM   #296 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 9,288
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,044
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by be the droid View Post
Add me to the list of the happy Best Buy customers.

I bought my LTE on 6/6. I planned to happily buy it from the Sprint Store in Emeryville, CA for $199. I drove to the store, waited in line, got to the register…where the CSR hit me with no less than 37 upsells for various services and BS. I smiled as I told her no over and over and over.

Then I asked her about the return policy, since I'd heard some things about various problems people were having with their early phones. She said there was a $35 restocking fee…"same as Best Buy and Radio Shack", she said.

WTF???

She lost me there. On principle and with the general vibe. I asked her, "what is something is wrong with the phone?". "$35 restocking fee", she repeats. Wow. Ok, so I walked out…and said sorry to my OG EVO.

Got on the forums, and decided to try Best Buy (which I don't like to buy from in general). Emeryville BB had one, so I smashed down there and scooped one up for $199. They did give me the $50 gift card which I applied to…well, basically the TAX, since it was $56.79 (on the full price scam).

Out the door for $206.78

I figured I'd play with it for a week or so and return it if it was defective or didn't "WOW" me enough. My decision was pretty close come to the end of my 14-day return window. I figured I'd give the pricematch with Target/Walmart/Amazon/whomever for $150 a shot. If they denied me, I'd return it…since I was having some problems and doubts about the phone.

Well, I came armed with a printout from Targetmobilestore.com for $149.99 and the pricematch went smooth as silk. I was expecting a lil fallout "we don't pricematch online", but nope.

So how much did I get back? I was expecting around $55…$199.99-$149.99+tax.

Nope. I got $93.67!

Somehow, the tax part of the refund came up to $43.67 (I have a printout of my receipt in my Evernote acct). So I guess the ridiculous "tax on the full price" came full circle for me.

Final total out of pocket = $103. And I kept my OG EVO as a very nice multimedia game music playing web video machine & emergency backup phone.

Of course, this is a YMMV story, but bottom line…it shouldn't be a problem getting BB to pricematch to $150. The rest is a crapshoot.
My best experiences have been with Best Buy. Even with Amazon and Wirefly offering better and better deals, Best Buy has been great.
PattiCakeUS likes this.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
bearballz (July 15th, 2012)
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #297 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 9,288
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,044
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default

Man, apple is trying desparately to make a dent in Android, but I think they're going to keep losing. I just hope that by the time I decide which phone I'm upgrading to, Best Buy will be receiving enough stock to fulfill the order

http://www.mobileburn.com/19943/news/apple-sues-htc-over-alleged-abuse-of-4g-lte-essential-patents
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (June 24th, 2012)
Old June 24th, 2012, 03:00 AM   #298 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 44,033
 
Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 41,695
Thanked 54,830 Times in 21,866 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Man, apple is trying desparately to make a dent in Android, but I think they're going to keep losing. I just hope that by the time I decide which phone I'm upgrading to, Best Buy will be receiving enough stock to fulfill the order

http://www.mobileburn.com/19943/news/apple-sues-htc-over-alleged-abuse-of-4g-lte-essential-patents
LoL Apple sues claiming that HTC won't license things that they need, but cut HTC no slack over a troll patent?

I probably shouldn't have commented here, that's a thread unto itself.
drexappeal likes this.
EarlyMon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 10:38 AM   #299 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 9,288
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,044
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
LoL Apple sues claiming that HTC won't license things that they need, but cut HTC no slack over a troll patent?

I probably shouldn't have commented here, that's a thread unto itself.
Yeah, EM, it probably should be a whole new thread, just shared here because of all the delays with the LTEvo release, all due to Apple's "scare" tactics...and yet, general consumers won't care that they're just trying to pull them into the b.s. without their knowing it.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (June 24th, 2012)
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #300 (permalink)
Member
 
PattiCakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Gender: Female
Posts: 394
 
Device(s): LG G2, Motorola Xoom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,795
Thanked 227 Times in 141 Posts
Send a message via MSN to PattiCakeUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiCakeUS View Post
I bought online directly from Sprint, when I placed my pre-order on May 15th there was no activation fee added so I thought there was a promotion going on - but now one showed up on my account. I called 2 nights ago and was only able to get them to reduce it by $15 "since I've been with them for so long" (which I have.... but still.... )
FYI I just looked up my bill online and saw this credit:
ERROR - ACTIVATION FEE $-38.62



It's not tons of money but I like getting money back!
drexappeal likes this.
PattiCakeUS is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PattiCakeUS For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (June 24th, 2012)
Reply

HTC EVO 4G LTE
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC EVO 4G LTE is Sprint's version of the HTC One X. It comes with all the same specs, except for the processor, internal storage and radios (includes LTE). And aesthetics are also significantly different. While many users have complaine... Read More

Tags
deal, evo 4g lte, htc


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Evo 4G LTE
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.