Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Evo 4G LTE

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 12th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
JimKnuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 342
 
Device(s): Note 3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 53
Thanked 133 Times in 75 Posts
dufrenejn@gmail.com
Default recent email issue with Yahoo mail (using stock mail app)

Hello all

I am having an issue that I'd never had with my email as of about a week or two ago. Some email get stuck in 'Loading Mail...'

It typically does this on my news emails from CNN or foxnews, or when I'm receiving an email such as a confirmation email from a hotel

Anybody else having this issue?

JimKnuckles is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
HTC User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,105
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20,782
Thanked 3,003 Times in 1,761 Posts
Default

Need more info.

Stock mail app?

Gmail app?

Are you rooted?

Pop3 or imap?

Using a 3rd party e-mail app?

On 3g or wifi or both?

Did you remove your mail servers and re add?

Did you remove or add any apps prior to this issue?

If you have other e-mail accounts, are those affected?
marctronixx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
JimKnuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 342
 
Device(s): Note 3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 53
Thanked 133 Times in 75 Posts
dufrenejn@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
Need more info.

Stock mail app?

Gmail app?

Are you rooted?

Pop3 or imap?

Using a 3rd party e-mail app?

On 3g or wifi or both?

Did you remove your mail servers and re add?

Did you remove or add any apps prior to this issue?

If you have other e-mail accounts, are those affected?
Hey man

Its the stock mail app. Yahoo account which is pop3 I believe. I haven't made any changes or deleted anything. It just started to happen. Its the only email account I have on my phone
JimKnuckles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 03:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
HTC User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,105
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20,782
Thanked 3,003 Times in 1,761 Posts
Default

i have 3 yahoo e-dresses and they are setup in the stock htc mail app. i also have several other e-dresses (exchange, IMAP) and I have no issues with any of them.

remove the servers from the htc app and re-add them and see if that helps. could be a short term issue with something specific to your area.

i have not updated to JB so that may or may not be a factor here but i DO use three yahoo accounts and i have not seen any issues.

maybe search in other forums on this site using "yahoo" and "issue" and see if you see anyone else having similar issues.

its probably a safe bet its not phone related.
marctronixx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
amarryat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 365
 
Device(s): Incredible 1 & 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 42 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKnuckles View Post
Hello all

I am having an issue that I'd never had with my email as of about a week or two ago. Some email get stuck in 'Loading Mail...'

It typically does this on my news emails from CNN or foxnews, or when I'm receiving an email such as a confirmation email from a hotel

Anybody else having this issue?
Starting March 5th, Yahoo mail isn't working for me using IMAP on my Droid Incredible 2. It's a Yahoo issue because my Nexus 7 isn't working either. I'm getting password errors etc. However the Yahoo mail app works, the web interface works (both mobile and desktop), and configuring Outlook to use IMAP fails in the same way. I can change to POP on the phone, but then you lose the advantages of IMAP. I have tried to contact Yahoo about this, but their customer service is non-existent. I pay for their "plus" service as well.
amarryat is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amarryat For This Useful Post:
JimKnuckles (March 13th, 2013), marctronixx (March 13th, 2013)
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
HTC User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,105
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20,782
Thanked 3,003 Times in 1,761 Posts
Default

Thank you amarryat for the update.

however, for me I still have 3 yahoo accounts and they are setup as IMAP an i have not yet seen any issues. Perhaps this is will eventually happen to me as well.

there was an issue with yahoo back in the evo 3D heyday--same issues. some had this issue, others didnt.

the yahoo app in the store is a very good yahoo app. have you folks tried it? sure its another app to install but it handles yahoo mail quite nicely plus you get YIM and yahoos video chat....
marctronixx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
amarryat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 365
 
Device(s): Incredible 1 & 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 42 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post

the yahoo app in the store is a very good yahoo app. have you folks tried it? sure its another app to install but it handles yahoo mail quite nicely plus you get YIM and yahoos video chat....
It has improved quite a bit recently, but still doesn't do things the Android way in some respects. For example highlighting something to do a web search or to copy to the clipboard doesn't work as nicely as it should or at all. The stock HTC email app behaves much more like the gmail app.
amarryat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
HTC User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,105
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20,782
Thanked 3,003 Times in 1,761 Posts
Default

Sure there is no magic bullet here. They both have their pros and cons... :-)
marctronixx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
amarryat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 365
 
Device(s): Incredible 1 & 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 42 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
Sure there is no magic bullet here. They both have their pros and cons... :-)
Sure and I should point out that the app is push, so it's instant email. IMAP and POP when using the stock app is not instant.
amarryat is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amarryat For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (March 13th, 2013)
Old March 13th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
JimKnuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 342
 
Device(s): Note 3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 53
Thanked 133 Times in 75 Posts
dufrenejn@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarryat View Post
Starting March 5th, Yahoo mail isn't working for me using IMAP on my Droid Incredible 2. It's a Yahoo issue because my Nexus 7 isn't working either. I'm getting password errors etc. However the Yahoo mail app works, the web interface works (both mobile and desktop), and configuring Outlook to use IMAP fails in the same way. I can change to POP on the phone, but then you lose the advantages of IMAP. I have tried to contact Yahoo about this, but their customer service is non-existent. I pay for their "plus" service as well.
You know now that you mention it, I was having login problems too as well. That seems to have subsided over the last week, but I'm still have any loading issue. I guess I will download the Yahoo Mail app for now until it is fixed. Thanks

----

Are you guys still having this issue? Just wondering if it has been fixed. I've been using the yahoo app
JimKnuckles is offline  
Last edited by marctronixx; March 23rd, 2013 at 11:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JimKnuckles For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (March 13th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old March 24th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
amarryat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 365
 
Device(s): Incredible 1 & 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 42 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKnuckles View Post
You know now that you mention it, I was having login problems too as well. That seems to have subsided over the last week, but I'm still have any loading issue. I guess I will download the Yahoo Mail app for now until it is fixed. Thanks

----

Are you guys still having this issue? Just wondering if it has been fixed. I've been using the yahoo app
Mine started working again a couple of days after I posted here. No problems since.
amarryat is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amarryat For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (March 24th, 2013)
Reply

HTC EVO 4G LTE
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC EVO 4G LTE is Sprint's version of the HTC One X. It comes with all the same specs, except for the processor, internal storage and radios (includes LTE). And aesthetics are also significantly different. While many users have complaine... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Evo 4G LTE
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.