Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO 4G

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 137
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 36 Times in 11 Posts
Default I Have Been Lurking on This Forum For Quite Awhile..Censoring On This Forum

Seems to be a way of life here. I have been watching very closely threads being closed and moved and buried left and right anytime someone makes an accusation of the poor quality on HTC and Sprint products in general. It would seem to me at least that anything posted is the opinion of the thread maker but is still valuable information in making a purchase choice of an HTC EVO product or Sprint service. Personally I don't need a Nanny to tell me that there is lack of proof to back this or that up when something is said here. I feel I can make my own decisions on that matter. It seems to me that this site is very heavily supported by HTC and Sprint and this site is censored anytime a strong negative thread is produced to make people aware of HTC products short comings. I'm not sure why everyone comes to these forums but my reason it to hear the good and the BAD and I feel I'm not always getting the whole truth here because HTC and Sprint heavily invested in this internet forum company.

FunDroid is offline  
sponsored links
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sagedil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 796
 
Device(s): HTC Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 287
Thanked 178 Times in 120 Posts
Default Re: I Have Been Lurking on This Forum For Quite Awhile..Censoring On This Forum

Perfect solution. Find another forum that meets your needs. Don't like it here, then go someplace else. See how easy that is troll??

Now go away.
sagedil is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 774
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 172
Thanked 163 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Please move thread.........
heavychevy is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 137
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 36 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagedil View Post
Perfect solution. Find another forum that meets your needs. Don't like it here, then go someplace else. See how easy that is troll??

Now go away.

Not to mention the very friendly people here.
FunDroid is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FunDroid For This Useful Post:
blake247 (June 30th, 2010), HoldFastHope (June 30th, 2010), Mabster (June 30th, 2010), unplugged1 (June 30th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sagedil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 796
 
Device(s): HTC Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 287
Thanked 178 Times in 120 Posts
Default Re: I Have Been Lurking on This Forum For Quite Awhile..Censoring On This Forum

See?? Even another reason not to let the door hit you on your a** when you leave.
sagedil is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Daft Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 250
 
Device(s): EVO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 44 Times in 25 Posts
Default

U mad?
Daft Punk is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 44,073
 
Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 41,721
Thanked 54,864 Times in 21,884 Posts
Default

And you're not the new sock puppet for the tin foil donor from yesterday whose thread we all begged the mods to close?

EarlyMon is online now  
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,626
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,698
Thanked 1,939 Times in 1,502 Posts
Default

"dorp it like its hot"

in before ....moved, closed.. hidden from the public view!




seriously?
I've been here a long time.. few months :P
and I dont see what you are talking about. Sure..it does happen, but it does for a good reason. Not because the mods are bias or something.

first.. it is an evo forum.. so members are more geared towards what they have and love.

2nd.. most only come on here if they have issues. so you hear more of the complaints. the regulars here try to help best they can. The general public that is happy with EVO do not come here.

3rd... the mods try to keep this place and clean as possible. They move or combine threads that are the same.

4th... the mods close threads that get out of hand, because of bad seeds or trolls. This is to keep the harmony and not in fighting. Be nice or get out!!!

so... what you are saying is not fair.. you need to keep reading more!

btw.. welcome to the forum...
now.. bye..
dan330 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dan330 For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (June 30th, 2010), sagedil (June 30th, 2010), unplugged1 (June 30th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Pedro Ca
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 58
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Sod off and go back to lurking
Dutch54 is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
tsipa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 636
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 111 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Lurking like a troll almost...
tsipa is offline  
sponsored links
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 62
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Way to jump down a guy's throat. People need to relax on this board.
HoldFastHope is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,453
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 789 Times in 536 Posts
Default

What is this nonsense with people saying that the EVO forum is Pro EVO, and people with the device back up there phone, etc? Hellllllo, that's what the owners of any device do. Sorry, I happen to really like my EVO, and Sprint. If you like another device, or another carrier, go into their forums! The EVO is one of the best phones on the market right now, and from the looks of it, a lot of people in here feel the same way. No its not perfect, but what phone is these days. Either way, if your not an EVO fan, or owner, don't expect any love in THE EVO FORUMS...commen sense.
sean76 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to sean76 For This Useful Post:
sagedil (June 30th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
HTC User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,113
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20,790
Thanked 3,013 Times in 1,765 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunDroid View Post
.... I feel I'm not always getting the whole truth here because HTC and Sprint heavily invested in this internet forum company.
where is the proof that these companies are paying this "internet forum company" any type of compensation? any publicity is good publicity on anything/anyone. thats not the reason certain threads are closed. some members here like to feed on the doubts of others and only post to start a riot/rumor or to make members who are looking for more CREDIBLE info on the android platform start to doubt based on someones "opinion" on what they think is 100% fact.

the majority of users who post such threads AND the ones who come out of "lurking" mode, such as the OP of this thread, to post their distaste on why certain threads are closed usually have only been on the site a month or less and a handful of posts....

so before this thread gets closed, ill give the OP of this post an hour or so to post the information he or she has obtained to point out that sprint and HTC have paid any money to this website....
marctronixx is offline  
Last edited by marctronixx; June 30th, 2010 at 08:31 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marctronixx For This Useful Post:
katmandoo122 (June 30th, 2010), sagedil (June 30th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Bek
Senior Member
 
Bek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago burbs
Posts: 908
 
Device(s): Photon 4G; HTC Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 488 Times in 218 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
...common sense.
Common sense is not so common as you would think.
__________________
--
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. Starting now.
Bek is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Bek For This Useful Post:
clambert1273 (June 30th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
pwnst*r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 912
 
Device(s): HTC Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 102
Thanked 206 Times in 114 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagedil View Post
Perfect solution. Find another forum that meets your needs. Don't like it here, then go someplace else. See how easy that is troll??

Now go away.
Calm down, sparky.
pwnst*r is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sagedil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 796
 
Device(s): HTC Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 287
Thanked 178 Times in 120 Posts
Default Re: I Have Been Lurking on This Forum For Quite Awhile..Censoring On This Forum

Quote:
Way to jump down a guy's throat. People need to relax on this board.
Did you even read what OP wrote???

I will NOT relax when mods and the owners of a board I actively participate on are accused of impropriety by a stupid troll.
sagedil is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to sagedil For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (June 30th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 67
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Are you seriously thinking that HTC and sprint have gotten in bed together to moderate this particular sub forum? How long have you been wearing your tin foil hat? Making preposterous claims like that and not citing the sources is ridiculous. It's obvious that you have injected your personal opinion into your post and presented it as fact.

Obvious troll here. Ignore them and they usually will go away on there own.
Velocd is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Velocd For This Useful Post:
sagedil (June 30th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ScorpDX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Posts: 1,642
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 193
Thanked 377 Times in 294 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan330 View Post
"dorp it like its hot"

in before ....moved, closed.. hidden from the public view!
^ +1

__________________
[><] Deo Vindice [><]
ScorpDX is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
edlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 793
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II, Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 46
Thanked 142 Times in 106 Posts
Default

I love turtles.
edlex is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edlex For This Useful Post:
Dutch54 (June 30th, 2010), jamor (June 30th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:51 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RoboMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,194
 
Device(s): Htc Vivid, LG Nitro HD, Epic 4g, HTC Evo 4G, LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 138
Thanked 115 Times in 89 Posts
Default

EVO/Android Forever! Teardown the walled garden!
RoboMonkey is offline  
sponsored links
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #21 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

If it was run by Sprint, wouldn't they remove the root threads and WiFi tethering?
tcmoon is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to tcmoon For This Useful Post:
Kheldar_Lars (June 30th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
edlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 793
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II, Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 46
Thanked 142 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmoon View Post
If it was run by Sprint, wouldn't they remove the root threads and WiFi tethering?
And don't forget removing the bricked phones threads from the last update...
edlex is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
PuRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 4G (In bottom of lake) LG Optimus (Stop-Gap)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Maybe the OP should look at the "Support and Troubleshooting" subforum. Usually if there are issues they get moved here. They just don't "disappear".
PuRock is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to PuRock For This Useful Post:
sagedil (June 30th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:05 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 112
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 27 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunDroid View Post
Seems to be a way of life here. I have been watching very closely threads being closed and moved and buried left and right anytime someone makes an accusation of the poor quality on HTC and Sprint products in general. It would seem to me at least that anything posted is the opinion of the thread maker but is still valuable information in making a purchase choice of an HTC EVO product or Sprint service. Personally I don't need a Nanny to tell me that there is lack of proof to back this or that up when something is said here. I feel I can make my own decisions on that matter. It seems to me that this site is very heavily supported by HTC and Sprint and this site is censored anytime a strong negative thread is produced to make people aware of HTC products short comings. I'm not sure why everyone comes to these forums but my reason it to hear the good and the BAD and I feel I'm not always getting the whole truth here because HTC and Sprint heavily invested in this internet forum company.
Would you know about the various issues this phone is having if it wasn't for this forum? The botched OTA update a few days ago is a perfect example; how many more people would have bricked their phones if it wasn't for this forum?

I haven't been here long but I've not seen anything to suggest that the admins or mods of this forum are censoring to quell open discussion about some of the issues with this phone.

I do agree that some members are too sensitive and quick to go the attack, but you will have those types of people on any large forum like this. The mods can try and ask these people to relax a little but short of banning them, which is an extreme step, there's not much you can do about them short of just ignoring their childish behavior.
evo678 is offline  
Last edited by evo678; June 30th, 2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
PuRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 4G (In bottom of lake) LG Optimus (Stop-Gap)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo678 View Post
Would you know about the various issues this phone is having if it wasn't for this forum? The botched OTA update a few days ago is a perfect example; how many more people would have bricked their phones if it wasn't for this forum?
Good point. This forum is actually at the forefront of bringing issues to people's attention. How many threads have we seen where we are suppose to mass email HTC about an issue. A lot. How is this possible in the OP's theory?
PuRock is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #26 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuRock View Post
Maybe the OP should look at the "Support and Troubleshooting" subforum. Usually if there are issues they get moved here. They just don't "disappear".
Also depending on forum activity a thread could get pushed several pages deep into the site in a short time.
tcmoon is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:11 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
PuRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 4G (In bottom of lake) LG Optimus (Stop-Gap)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmoon View Post
Also depending on forum activity a thread could get pushed several pages deep into the site in a short time.
Another good point, threads move quickly in here. You can post something, have it move to the top only to find in on page 2 in 10 minutes.

Maybe the OP isn't used to forums?
PuRock is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:26 AM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wase4711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: outside chicaago
Posts: 802
 
Device(s): LG G FLEX
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 118
Thanked 157 Times in 107 Posts
Default

best way to get rid of douche bags like this is to just ignore them...
wase4711 is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:32 AM   #29 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
SprintFun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,547
 
Device(s): Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 192
Thanked 658 Times in 289 Posts
Default

I am so biased towards htc that I'm the one who stuck the thread about not double installing the update to avoid bricking your phone in an attempt to bring the issue to light. Damn me and my thousands of dollars htc pays me to censor any issues.


Fact of the matter is 90% of times when threads get moved its because A) There is a better section for them, or B) there are already threads about the same topic and I'll merge them.
SprintFun is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SprintFun For This Useful Post:
unplugged1 (June 30th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
MsRandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The "Bay Area", Cali
Posts: 251
 
Device(s): EVO "3 to the D"
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 70 Times in 31 Posts
Default

If this forum doesnt fit your needs then the options you have is to create your own or find one that does.

I have been on this forum for a short time I find most people are helpful but they ask that you search and try to help yourself first...no harm no foul.
MsRandall is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MsRandall For This Useful Post:
sagedil (June 30th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jamor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,677
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 (retired galaxy nexus, htc incredible)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 643
Thanked 841 Times in 516 Posts
Default

BetterMost (banned).

Is that you?
jamor is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamor For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (June 30th, 2010), sagedil (June 30th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:45 AM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: belleville, il
Posts: 184
 
Device(s): Evo 4g, Moment
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via AIM to nRRe
Default

xfd at OP complaining about conspiracies, than the EVO/Sprint fanboi's jumping down his throat.

People come to message forums 8 times out of 10 because they have a complaint and want to get it resolved, you can tell this by how many times the exact same problem jumps up on the front page in a new thread, because the new guy with his problem didn't search first.

I have no problem burying a thread that simply is some guy going "LOL EVO SUX" with nothing to back up his claim. However an informative destructive criticism with actual evidence of their problems SHOULD be much more tolerated as they aren't simply bashing the phone without merit.

Very few people will come on here and go "phone is perfect!" as they have no real reason to. Just as most customers who have a great time at a restaurant or establishment, won't go out of their way to call the Owner and compliment his facility and employees, but will very quickly call to complain about the smallest of problems.
__________________
- Rich
Mine: Evo 4g, Sense 3.0 rom
Hers: Evo 4g, OTA updates
nRRe is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:46 AM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jamor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,677
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 (retired galaxy nexus, htc incredible)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 643
Thanked 841 Times in 516 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
best way to get rid of douche bags like this is to just ignore them...

Please refrain from vulgar name calling.

There are young kids on this forum - use your head before posting.
jamor is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #34 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 47
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Well, I completely disagree. I think the forums have some pretty comprehensive info on the problems of the evo (and usually helpful advice on how to deal with it). Perhaps you need to visit the Support and Troubleshooting sub-forum...
quentin135 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to quentin135 For This Useful Post:
sagedil (June 30th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:59 AM   #35 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 137
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 36 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
where is the proof that these companies are paying this "internet forum company" any type of compensation? any publicity is good publicity on anything/anyone. thats not the reason certain threads are closed. some members here like to feed on the doubts of others and only post to start a riot/rumor or to make members who are looking for more CREDIBLE info on the android platform start to doubt based on someones "opinion" on what they think is 100% fact.

the majority of users who post such threads AND the ones who come out of "lurking" mode, such as the OP of this thread, to post their distaste on why certain threads are closed usually have only been on the site a month or less and a handful of posts....

so before this thread gets closed, ill give the OP of this post an hour or so to post the information he or she has obtained to point out that sprint and HTC have paid any money to this website....

Ahh The many paid Ad banners that continue to flash across the top of the header for Sprint and HTC...

http://phandroid.com/advertise/
FunDroid is offline  
Last edited by FunDroid; June 30th, 2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old June 30th, 2010, 10:02 AM   #36 (permalink)
mpw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: the past
Posts: 1,143
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 132 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunDroid View Post
...I feel I'm not always getting the whole truth here because HTC and Sprint heavily invested in this internet forum company.
I don't see any reason for any such suspicion, more like the forum is invested in HTC/Sprint, but that's because they're big players in the Android market, which is the topic here of course.

That said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunDroid View Post
Not to mention the very friendly people here.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagedil View Post
...Now go away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagedil View Post
...Even another reason not to let the door hit you on your a** when you leave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch54 View Post
Sod off and go back to lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsipa View Post
Lurking like a troll almost...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
...douche bag...
Not all your points are without merit
mpw is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
flyjbaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,192
 
Device(s): HTC EVO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 219
Thanked 267 Times in 168 Posts
Default

As an owner of an unrelated forum, I say go start your own forum. I personally think the moderators of this forum should clamp down just a bit more...not much but just a little more....simply my opinion but all in all a great job by the guys that run this forum. I would go nuts!!!
flyjbaker is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flyjbaker For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (June 30th, 2010), sagedil (June 30th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,584
 
Device(s): HTC Evo, Rev0002
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 43
Thanked 220 Times in 172 Posts
Default

This forum has a lot of real world users. We enjoy giving the pros and cons of our products. Sprint and HTC don't own what we say. In fact, I often wish they'd actively participate and use the comments to make faster and better improvements. There's a lot of useful information on this forum even if you have to weed through some stories to get it. That's normal.

I hope people aren't coming down hard on you, but the tone you established was pretty dismissive. Come here for something positive and contribute that way in the future, and you can be a part of what's good here.
Rigmaster is offline  
Old June 30th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #39 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
flyjbaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,192
 
Device(s): HTC EVO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 219
Thanked 267 Times in 168 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunDroid View Post
Ahh The many paid Ad banners that continue to flash across the top of the header for Sprint and HTC...

Advertise On Phandroid.com | Android Phone Fans
Do you even friggin' realize how much work is involved in running a forum???....NO, YOU DON'T....not to mention what it cost simply to host it. Man, people like you make me fuggin' want to puke. Do you feel entitled to have a forum like this purely for your consumption paid for by someone else and moderated by someone else??? The guys have a right and deserve to recoup costs and make a little money for the time and effort they put into this just so you can come on here and slam them. You are an ignorant fool. Now go away.
flyjbaker is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flyjbaker For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (June 30th, 2010), sagedil (June 30th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 10:12 AM   #40 (permalink)
HTC User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,113
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20,790
Thanked 3,013 Times in 1,765 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunDroid View Post
Ahh The many paid Ad banners that continue to flash across the top of the header for Sprint and HTC...

Advertise On Phandroid.com | Android Phone Fans

where is the proof htc and sprint have paid this site anything? thats the question sent to you sir/maam. i didnt ask you to show me proof that there is advertising on this forum, i said show me proof you have sprint and htc paying us. you failed to prove your point.

this thread has also run its course.
marctronixx is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marctronixx For This Useful Post:
flyjbaker (June 30th, 2010), sagedil (June 30th, 2010)
sponsored links
Closed Thread

HTC EVO 4G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

When Sprint announced their first ever 4G handset at CTIA in March 2010, they dropped a bombshell on the mobile world. The HTC Evo 4G is a device that introduces a lot of firsts when compared to other North American handsets. This is the first Andr... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.