Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO 4G

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 15th, 2010, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
ABV
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Broken Screen / Shattered Glass - good news

I just wanted to offer a little information for those who may have cracked screens. I left my EVO on my bumper a few weeks ago. I realized about an hour later I didn't have it. Someone picked it up off of the busy highway and dropped if off at my shop. It had been rolled over numerous times and the screen was completetly shattered. With the help of this site, I found instructions on changing the LCD/Glass and ebay links on where to get it. I got a great deal on ebay, $79 for the lcd/glass complete. Was brand new in the packing. Bought the tools (listed in the instructions found on this site) at the local hardware store, put the lcd/glass on, and the phone works PERFECT! I am very glad. First off I didn't have insurance, and second, this has been the first phone in a while that I have had zero issues with and really like everything about it (coming from numerous blackberries).
So basically, thanks for the help, and now we know the phone can take a few cars running over it and the board, battery, back, etc. held up great!
It had a best buy case (appears same as seidio innocase) and Zagg screen protector on it.
I have my original phone back, no scratches, spent $79 (less than the deductible even if I had insurance), and its a done deal.

Advertisements
ABV is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ABV For This Useful Post:
Gerbacio_PR (September 8th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old August 15th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 82
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

wow dude good job. i would've never been so brave as to replace a screen like that myself haha. i guess that's why when i get mine (hopefully soon!) im going to get insurance!
rahuldang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 09:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
ABV
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Thanks, it wasnt too bad. I'm glad you mentioned the insurance, I forgot to add that once I got it all back together I did call and add Sprint insurance. If that person would not have been nice enough to return it to my shop (they must have seen the name on the side of my truck when it fell off) I would have really have been in a jam by not having insurance..
ABV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 439
 
Device(s): HTC Sprint Hero, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 851
Thanked 264 Times in 123 Posts
Default

I'd do the same with my phone, but I have a jacked up Bezel and the softouch around the battery door is scratched off(it's red underneath) so I'm gonna pay the deductable and get a new EVO.
RichboyJhae is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 11:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
live~laugh~love
 
damewolf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,090
 
Device(s): White Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T, Black Samsung Galaxy S4 VZW, White Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
Carrier: AT&T and Verizon

Thanks: 5,438
Thanked 2,667 Times in 1,393 Posts
Default

How long had you had it before the screen shattered?
damewolf13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 06:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 137
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 36 Times in 11 Posts
Default

The battery door is red? Hmmm I wonder if they originally planned to make the phone red and black then?
FunDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 07:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 494
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 4G/Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 164 Times in 53 Posts
Default

My question is did you have a screen protector or case on your phone. Seems like all the sob stories have come from people who have naked EVOs. I want to see someone's phone who has hit the floor or cement with a case and screen protector on it.
Slick1020 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 182
 
Device(s): EVO 4G - "Bouncy" Rooted CM7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick1020 View Post
My question is did you have a screen protector or case on your phone. Seems like all the sob stories have come from people who have naked EVOs. I want to see someone's phone who has hit the floor or cement with a case and screen protector on it.
Not sure if you finished reading his post before you asked the question but, he did say it had the BB case and a Zagg protector on the screen. Crazy that your phone survived getting ran over a few times!
Traceamount is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 09:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 62
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

What do you use for adhesive to afix the screen to the phone out of curiosity?
Crash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 09:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
 
novox77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,968
 
Device(s): Evo 4G, 3D, LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,190
Thanked 3,270 Times in 1,410 Posts
Default

I have to question the authenticity of the OP's story. You claim that this phone fell off your car bumper and got ran over by several cars on a busy highway? If that's true, who would have seen the phone and retrieved it? How would they retrieve it with all the cars zooming by? How did they know where to return the dead phone?

And you're telling me that the only thing that was damaged was the screen? The camera lens wasn't cracked? The rest of the phone (mainly plastic) was not crushed?

A car weighs on average 3000 lbs. that's 750lb per tire. I'm pretty sure 750 lb on your phone will render it completely useless. Especially if front and back wheels hit it. Esp if multiple cars ran over it. Esp if it was tossed around from the impact of being run over.

Sounds to me more like you dropped your phone and the screen cracked
__________________

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Help me out: Sign up with Dropbox and we both get 500MB extra space. Thanks!
novox77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
live~laugh~love
 
damewolf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,090
 
Device(s): White Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T, Black Samsung Galaxy S4 VZW, White Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
Carrier: AT&T and Verizon

Thanks: 5,438
Thanked 2,667 Times in 1,393 Posts
Default

It will be interesting to get these answers to our questions.....IF we ever do.
damewolf13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 11:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Do you mind posting the procedure you followed to fix the screen? Any links where you bought the stuff from? ebay?
way2success is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
ABV
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Why would I make up a story about my phone being run over? All of the answers are in the posts.
The phone did fall off of my bumper when I pulled out of a gas station.
The guy behind me (still waiting to pull out) saw it get run over a by numerous cars.
He saw the 4' long name on the side of my truck to my business.
He returned got the phone, don't know how or why he felt like being so nice, and returned it to my shop. Told my secretary the story about how it had been run over.
It had a best buy case, similar to seidio innocase and a zagg protector on it.
The lens was shattered, the bottom half of the case gone, the glass was shattered but held together by the zagg.

I just posted what happened to my phone without insurance and how I was able to fix it.

To answer the questions not previously answered:
I didn't have to use adhesive, I bought the lcd and the glass as one piece, I wouln't attempt to do just the glass. The lcd was ruined anyway.

No, the camera lens was ok, just a small small scratch.

I'll look for the link to replace the screen/lcd, its on here somewhere.
ABV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
ABV
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

This is where I got it from. I offered him $79 and got it. It was risky too, he had zero feedback!
**** HTC EVO LCD - Front Housing included - FREESHIP ** - eBay (item 260648977812 end time Aug-20-10 11:41:01 PDT)


I missed one question. I had the phone from the release date (whenever that was, end of May?) till July 27 when it took the dive. Yes, sprint let me add the insurance even though it was over a month. Maybe because I had switched to a temporary phone for a week they let me add it when I re-connected the EVO.
ABV is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ABV For This Useful Post:
way2success (August 17th, 2010)
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
NicksGarage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 297
 
Device(s): HTC EVO, HTC EVO View
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 96 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Interesting ebay listing. I wonder if those came from the bricked phones from the first OTA update.

After this story and the one where the guy hit a fence and bent his EVO and it still worked, it reinforces my own feeling that this is one tough phone.
__________________
Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO and HTC EVO View
NicksGarage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
ABV
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I not 100% sure where he is getting the screens, but it came in a sealed anti-static bag, real professional. Didn't leak light or anything, no dust under it. I emailed him and from what I remember he said he was getting them from phones with bad usb/charger ports.
ABV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ScorpDX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Posts: 1,642
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 193
Thanked 377 Times in 294 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2success View Post
Do you mind posting the procedure you followed to fix the screen?
HTC Evo 4G Repair Manual - iFixit
That's how you take it all apart and change out whatever
__________________
[><] Deo Vindice [><]
ScorpDX is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ScorpDX For This Useful Post:
way2success (August 17th, 2010)
Old August 16th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
live~laugh~love
 
damewolf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,090
 
Device(s): White Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T, Black Samsung Galaxy S4 VZW, White Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
Carrier: AT&T and Verizon

Thanks: 5,438
Thanked 2,667 Times in 1,393 Posts
Default

Thank you ABV for answering my question. I felt so left out for a second there.
I was wondering about the insurance because they usually will not budge on the 30 day policy. You lucked out!
damewolf13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
thekarens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 32 Times in 23 Posts
Default

You can add it later, you just can't use it for a period of time. I think it's 30 days.
thekarens is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 07:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
ABV
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Funny thing is, I even told they guy I replaced the screen! He asked why I had left the EVO and went to an LG for a week, so I just told him. I could tell he was one of the "good" CS reps. I said the phone is perfect now and I want to add insurance in case it ever happens again. He had to go speak to his supervisor and came back on and said they would add it, but they would have to see if I made calls from it for two days. And sure enough, about 2 days later, the same guy called back and said it was successfully added. He was good, I even stayed on the line and did the survey for him!
ABV is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 217
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Good to know but for $100 on the insurance I would of probably gone that route...
KAuss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

s
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpDX View Post
HTC Evo 4G Repair Manual - iFixit
That's how you take it all apart and change out whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABV View Post
This is where I got it from. I offered him $79 and got it. It was risky too, he had zero feedback!
Thanks! Since I don't have the insurance on my 2 EVO's, this info always helps! Haven't had any issues yet with my phone it's been more than 6 weeks now. The hardware issues, if at all, will be taken care of HTC(screen seperation, USB port) so not worried about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
After this story and the one where the guy hit a fence and bent his EVO and it still worked, it reinforces my own feeling that this is one tough phone.
Our EVO's have a silicon/plastic case from Ebay. One of my EVO's fell on a concrete floor from 3 feet and my heart skipped a beat but it's absolutely fine Looks shinny but strong!
way2success is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Ravensthief's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 43
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 30
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick1020 View Post
My question is did you have a screen protector or case on your phone. Seems like all the sob stories have come from people who have naked EVOs. I want to see someone's phone who has hit the floor or cement with a case and screen protector on it.
I dropped my evo three weeks ago with a hard case and screen protector on it and shattered the phone and cracked the case! Now granted, it wasn't an expensive case. I think I payed $7 for it online, so it wasn't the toughest of materials...

Anyways, I was taking it out of my pocket and had a super-clumsy moment, fumbled the phone, juggled it mid-air (to build up momentum obviously), and then spiked it spectacularly into a cement sidewalk. Cracked glass under the screen protector, but the screen still worked, so I still had a functional phone, just not a pretty or sturdy one.

I *thought* I had asurion insurance, but when I called them to file a claim I found out that the insurance had somehow managed NOT to be added to my account when I called to set it up within the first 30 days. I then spent days and days, making about 7 different calls to both companies to get my phone replaced. I talked to asurion, then sprint, then asurion, then sprint, and that was just to get the insurance added as it should have been originally. Then back to asurion because my record showed the insurance had been added AFTER the accident, then back to Sprint to change the insurance added date to the correct date it SHOULD have been in June... Then to file my claim... then to sign my affidavit... what a nightmare, but they did give me what I wanted in the end.

I finally got my replacement yesterday (I cracked the screen on the 19th of August). I have pictures on my computer at home of the old cracked Evo and the new one, but not here at work. Will post online when I get home, if I remember. Also interesting to have the two side by side since I can compare my old 002 Epson screen model with my new 003 Novatec screen. Definitely a noticable difference in hue, and slightly in contrast though I couldn't say which is better or preferable.
Ravensthief is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 10:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
stanglifemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Near ATL, GA
Posts: 180
 
Device(s): Evo 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick1020 View Post
My question is did you have a screen protector or case on your phone. Seems like all the sob stories have come from people who have naked EVOs. I want to see someone's phone who has hit the floor or cement with a case and screen protector on it.
Mine dropped 5.5 feet on to concrete and with NO damage at all. Mine has a Zagg screen protector and a tpu case on it. I was nervous picking it up but was thrilled to see that it looked and functioned perfect.
__________________
Modding Mustangs and modding phones: It's a good life :-)
Evo 3D : Rooted, S-Off , Overclocked and loving it!!
stanglifemike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 03:57 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Thefoodman52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,312
 
Device(s): Galaxy, herp derp.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 104
Thanked 333 Times in 215 Posts
speedracer1991@gmail.com
Default

I think it might just be me... but if it's something expensive, mine or someone else's, and I see it just get dominated, I start cackling.... I think I just love carnage too much. Like three days ago, I dominated my $250 model rc heli, I was just laughing when I heard it slam into the ground, and was just kind of "meh" when I saw I only warped the main rotar shaft. It would have been much more spectacular had it been in pieces!

I've dropped my Evo out of my pants many times... I just bend down without breaking conversation casually as if nothing happened... I would get excited if I saw I dominated my screen though! First thing I'd say is, "DAAAMAAAAGE!", followed with, "Oh well.", and stuffing it in my pocket.
Thefoodman52 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Drew5150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SF
Posts: 900
 
Device(s): HTC EVO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 103
Thanked 234 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by novox77 View Post
A car weighs on average 3000 lbs. that's 750lb per tire. I'm pretty sure 750 lb on your phone will render it completely useless. Especially if front and back wheels hit it. Esp if multiple cars ran over it. Esp if it was tossed around from the impact of being run over.

we put round wheels on cars with rubber tires so they roll over things easily

it not like dropping 750lbs from hip level onto the phone.
__________________
HTC EVO 4G LTE
Hboot 1.12.222 S-off
Radio 1.05.00.6.06

User name autogeek on themikmik
Drew5150 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #27 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Ravensthief's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 43
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 30
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Angel Broken Screen

Here are the pictures of the old/cracked and new Evo's. You can also see the difference in the Epson and Novatec screens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8246.JPG (87.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8232.JPG (53.3 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8235.JPG (32.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8241.JPG (35.4 KB, 44 views)
Ravensthief is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 03:25 AM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 360
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 40 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABV View Post
Someone picked it up off of the busy highway and dropped if off at my shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABV View Post
Why would I make up a story about my phone being run over? All of the answers are in the posts.
The phone did fall off of my bumper when I pulled out of a gas station.
The guy behind me (still waiting to pull out) saw it get run over a by numerous cars.
He saw the 4' long name on the side of my truck to my business.
He returned got the phone, don't know how or why he felt like being so nice, and returned it to my shop. Told my secretary the story about how it had been run over.
It had a best buy case, similar to seidio innocase and a zagg protector on it.
The lens was shattered, the bottom half of the case gone, the glass was shattered but held together by the zagg.

I just posted what happened to my phone without insurance and how I was able to fix it.

To answer the questions not previously answered:
I didn't have to use adhesive, I bought the lcd and the glass as one piece, I wouln't attempt to do just the glass. The lcd was ruined anyway.

No, the camera lens was ok, just a small small scratch.

I'll look for the link to replace the screen/lcd, its on here somewhere.
wat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by novox77 View Post
I have to question the authenticity of the OP's story.
Yeah, me too...
wubbie075 is offline  
Last edited by wubbie075; September 6th, 2010 at 03:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:11 AM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Western Outer mongolia
Posts: 100
 
Device(s): Wht & Blk EVO's Mifi
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubbie075 View Post
wat?



Yeah, me too...
You have too much time on your hands, who cares how or to what extent the screen cracked or phone was damaged, i find it interesting that there is replacement screen available if something happened to mine.
sjjones is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #30 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default instructions/broken screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABV View Post
I just wanted to offer a little information for those who may have cracked screens. I left my EVO on my bumper a few weeks ago. I realized about an hour later I didn't have it. Someone picked it up off of the busy highway and dropped if off at my shop. It had been rolled over numerous times and the screen was completetly shattered. With the help of this site, I found instructions on changing the LCD/Glass and ebay links on where to get it. I got a great deal on ebay, $79 for the lcd/glass complete. Was brand new in the packing. Bought the tools (listed in the instructions found on this site) at the local hardware store, put the lcd/glass on, and the phone works PERFECT! I am very glad. First off I didn't have insurance, and second, this has been the first phone in a while that I have had zero issues with and really like everything about it (coming from numerous blackberries).
So basically, thanks for the help, and now we know the phone can take a few cars running over it and the board, battery, back, etc. held up great!
It had a best buy case (appears same as seidio innocase) and Zagg screen protector on it.
I have my original phone back, no scratches, spent $79 (less than the deductible even if I had insurance), and its a done deal.
does anyone have the instructions?
mickjewell is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 8th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #31 (permalink)
ABV
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Here are the instructions. HTC Evo 4G Repair Manual - iFixit

I can't believe we are still talking about the authenticity of the story. Here are pics of my old evo screen and the tools I used to fix it. I told the story as it happened on my end. After thinking about it, no I did not actually see a vehicle roll over it, that is just how it was explained to me. I didn't call the guy a liar, I just took his word on it. Whether it was or wasn't, (I think it was, sort of like Drew5150 said, the weigh of the car isn't simply divided by 4 and that's how much weight is on each wheel. Pounds Per Square Inch is determined by tire heigh, width, density, etc.) But anyway, the phone did fly off the bumper onto a busy highway that's for sure and wasn't returned until and hour later, so who knows "for sure" what happened in that time. All I know is that I got it fixed with this ebay part and with the help of other posts on this forum and it is working great!

Here is a link to the picture, I don't know how to embed it on here.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/K6xjUcWIsVjBb13Ma30PayTzjdt38sKPQcZPZJXh_vw?feat=d irectlink
ABV is offline  
Last edited by ABV; September 8th, 2010 at 08:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 77
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefoodman52 View Post
I think it might just be me... but if it's something expensive, mine or someone else's, and I see it just get dominated, I start cackling.... I think I just love carnage too much. Like three days ago, I dominated my $250 model rc heli, I was just laughing when I heard it slam into the ground, and was just kind of "meh" when I saw I only warped the main rotar shaft. It would have been much more spectacular had it been in pieces!

I've dropped my Evo out of my pants many times... I just bend down without breaking conversation casually as if nothing happened... I would get excited if I saw I dominated my screen though! First thing I'd say is, "DAAAMAAAAGE!", followed with, "Oh well.", and stuffing it in my pocket.

LOL awesome. Yeah I don't care about this damn phone it's just a phone people! You can get a new one. Or repair whatever breaks. LIke I bash my truck... I know how to fix it so if something breaks no problem!
erichg1000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC EVO 4G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

When Sprint announced their first ever 4G handset at CTIA in March 2010, they dropped a bombshell on the mobile world. The HTC Evo 4G is a device that introduces a lot of firsts when compared to other North American handsets. This is the first Andr... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.