Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO Design

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 28th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Games?

What kind of games can i expect to play on this device?(Unrooted Boost Mobile of course and please...no Angry Birds) Is anyone playing Gameloft games on this phone and if so..which games? Any other high end games? How about sports games? Thanks guys

The MANdroid is offline  
Last edited by The MANdroid; July 28th, 2012 at 01:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 28th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,048
 
Device(s): Lg g2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 349
Thanked 112 Times in 90 Posts
shermwilson@ymail.com
Default

Madden , Dead space, The Dark knight, baseball
Rally 517 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Posts: 70
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: USA T-Mobile

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MANdroid View Post
What kind of games can i expect to play on this device?(Unrooted Boost Mobile of course and please...no Angry Birds) Is anyone playing Gameloft games on this phone and if so..which games? Any other high end games? How about sports games? Thanks guys
You can play almost any game of your choice so far I have no problems with games. I have no problems with Dead Space and Fruit Ninja.
jjhelpteam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,048
 
Device(s): Lg g2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 349
Thanked 112 Times in 90 Posts
shermwilson@ymail.com
Default

Scratch dark knight won't play
Rally 517 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

OK..thanks. So far so good but has anybody seen any of the Modern Combat games or the Asphalt racing games in the playstore? I know it may be trivial,but its important in my decision making process.

I originally was thinking about the Evo V from Virgin Mobile but I'd rather have a phone that WORKS as opposed to a phone with dual core and 3D that may not work so good. Texting and CALLING are things i will not bend on. Thanks a lot guys
The MANdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
vincentallen2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 67
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 67
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MANdroid View Post
OK..thanks. So far so good but has anybody seen any of the Modern Combat games or the Asphalt racing games in the playstore? I know it may be trivial,but its important in my decision making process.

I originally was thinking about the Evo V from Virgin Mobile but I'd rather have a phone that WORKS as opposed to a phone with dual core and 3D that may not work so good. Texting and CALLING are things i will not bend on. Thanks a lot guys
I bought asphalt 6 during the 10cent game sale, and its been one of the best purchases ever. The graphics are really good once the game is fully started up and after the first few seconds of play. It takes a really long time to download the additional files, but it's well worth the wait.
vincentallen2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3,HTC Evo Design 4G
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 21
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Modern Combat is playable with little lag.
The informant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The informant View Post
Modern Combat is playable with little lag.
Hey...I'm cool with that, as long as it plays. Anybody playing Max Payne? Oh..and i forgot...what about Temple Run??
The MANdroid is offline  
Last edited by The MANdroid; July 29th, 2012 at 08:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

GTA III ?? Max Payne?? Temple Run?? Anybody?
The MANdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
vincentallen2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 67
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 67
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Temple run is awesome, it runs way better on a EVO design than when I had nexus s 4g
vincentallen2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 30th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentallen2 View Post
Temple run is awesome, it runs way better on a EVO design than when I had nexus s 4g
Thats good news. Lets keep the good games coming guys! If i can get a few more suggestions...you guys will have made my decision for me
The MANdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 11:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Bump

I only have a couple days left to make a decision. Give me some high end games suggestions like N.O.V.A. or something. Thanks guys
The MANdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 11:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,048
 
Device(s): Lg g2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 349
Thanked 112 Times in 90 Posts
shermwilson@ymail.com
Default

is this life or death lol
Rally 517 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 12:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally 517 View Post
is this life or death lol
LOL.. Not really but I know there will be ALOT of free time at work and this is an important requirement for my new phone. Thanks for the help on the previous posts though.
The MANdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 11:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,048
 
Device(s): Lg g2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 349
Thanked 112 Times in 90 Posts
shermwilson@ymail.com
Default

Front line commando too
Rally 517 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2012, 05:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Savage Shadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 354
 
Device(s): TMobile Nexus 4 16GB, Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, HTC EVO Design 4g
Carrier: TMobile

Thanks: 25
Thanked 138 Times in 71 Posts
Default

I know what will eat your time up. Minecreft Pocket Edition runs seamlessly on my Design so far. I haven't had an opportunity yet to test out its multiplayer capabilities, but as long as you don't have any system or wifi intensive background apps running, I have complete faith in it.




Just in case you decide to get this phone...
Within a few days of your first boot, you will be notified of a new Android update you may want to install. If you have any intention or interest in even just rooting your phone, don't install that update yet. The method listed in the all things root sticky in this forum explicitly says you must not have installed that update to root.
I made that mistake, and I regret it so far.
Savage Shadows is offline  
Last edited by Savage Shadows; August 1st, 2012 at 05:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2012, 11:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Shadows View Post
I know what will eat your time up. Minecreft Pocket Edition runs seamlessly on my Design so far. I haven't had an opportunity yet to test out its multiplayer capabilities, but as long as you don't have any system or wifi intensive background apps running, I have complete faith in it.

Just in case you decide to get this phone...
Within a few days of your first boot, you will be notified of a new Android update you may want to install. If you have any intention or interest in even just rooting your phone, don't install that update yet. The method listed in the all things root sticky in this forum explicitly says you must not have installed that update to root.
I made that mistake, and I regret it so far.
Thank you man..thats good to know even though i dont know much about rooting, I may want to in the future.
Also..I've been looking all over the internet about info concerning games on this device and all i could find was an article where Gameloft specifically mentions this device. Is that good news as far as being able to play Gameloft games???
The MANdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC EVO Design 4G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC EVO Design 4G is a new smartphone in the EVO series from Sprint. It's a 4.3 inch qHD device that has specs which puts it in the mid-range category. Inside is a 1.2GHz processor, though it's not dual-core. We've also got WiMax ra... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO Design
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.