Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO V 4G

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Droidula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, rooted, HTC Evo V, stock Sense 3.6 / ICS 4.0.3, rooted, S-off
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 15
Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Default Slim Extended battery - Plus, 10 Minute Battery Charge

The 10-minute battery charge is not here for us yet, but one can dream.

Also, I already have an extended battery (3500 mAh) that works well. I'm often a heavy user, and this has significantly extended my battery life. But lately I've been tiring of the bulk, and want to be able to use some cases. I'll still use it when I know I'm going out for a while, but I've been thinking about getting an extended battery that will still fit with the regular backing. So, a little extra juice than stock battery, but same size. I'm just unsure of the difference these batteries make. I found one that's 2520 mAh. Does anyone have experience with these slim extended batteries? Will there be a noticeable difference in battery life, or I might as well just stick with stock and the extended battery I currently have?

Advertisements
Droidula is offline  
Last edited by Droidula; February 14th, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Palmetto Fellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 1,888
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO V 4G (retired), HTC EVO 4G (retired), Nexus 7
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 114
Thanked 275 Times in 223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidula View Post
The 10-minute battery charge is not here for us yet, but one can dream.

Also, I already have an extended battery (3900 mAh) that works well. I'm often a heavy user, and this has significantly extended my battery life. But lately I've been tiring of the bulk, and want to be able to use some cases. I'll still use it when I know I'm going out for a while, but I've been thinking about getting an extended battery that will still fit with the regular backing. So, a little extra juice than stock battery, but same size. I'm just unsure of the difference these batteries make. I found one that's 2520 mAh. Does anyone have experience with these slim extended batteries? Will there be a noticeable difference in battery life, or I might as well just stick with stock and the extended battery I currently have?
Those numbers could be exagerrated. How do you increase capacity by almost 50% while maintaining the same size? The Anker 1900mAh that many here love seems to be the only real extended battery that is stock in dimensions. I also can't figure out how they did even that, but it seems to get good reviews here.

The 2520 mAh you are referring to should still be at least as strong as the OEM battery, so try it out if it's cheap enough.
Palmetto Fellow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Droidula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, rooted, HTC Evo V, stock Sense 3.6 / ICS 4.0.3, rooted, S-off
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 15
Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Fellow View Post
Those numbers could be exagerrated. How do you increase capacity by almost 50% while maintaining the same size? The Anker 1900mAh that many here love seems to be the only real extended battery that is stock in dimensions. I also can't figure out how they did even that, but it seems to get good reviews here.

The 2520 mAh you are referring to should still be at least as strong as the OEM battery, so try it out if it's cheap enough.
I have no idea, I'm skeptical as well. The 1900 mAh battery gives about 20% more life, which is not enough for me to consider buying it. I have an extra regular-sized replacement battery too, so if anything I'd just use that as a backup. I'm curious to see if it will make any difference, so I decided to try it. I bought this one.
Droidula is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Palmetto Fellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 1,888
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO V 4G (retired), HTC EVO 4G (retired), Nexus 7
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 114
Thanked 275 Times in 223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidula View Post
I have no idea, I'm skeptical as well. The 1900 mAh battery gives about 20% more life, which is not enough for me to consider buying it. I have an extra regular-sized replacement battery too, so if anything I'd just use that as a backup. I'm curious to see if it will make any difference, so I decided to try it. I bought this one.
Did you notice this part?

* Best replacement for the original battery with comparable standby and talk time.
Palmetto Fellow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
thIsgUy20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shreveport, LA
Gender: Male
Posts: 512
 
Device(s): Motorola triumph (Gave to mom) , HTC EVO V (soon going to sell) , NEXUS 4!!! (just got)
Carrier: VM

Thanks: 39
Thanked 86 Times in 69 Posts
Default

hey we are america we make stuff and constantly come up with something new. in the future we probably wont even have to use batteries. well maybe china well since they make lots of stuff for america. so it is possible
thIsgUy20 is offline  
Last edited by thIsgUy20; February 14th, 2013 at 07:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Resident Slide Rule Guru
 
OverByter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,998
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G,Triumph CM7 TG=Reloaded, Intercept UD6, HTC Wildfire S HBOOT Unlocked w/s-off
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 403
Thanked 918 Times in 656 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to OverByter
Default Re: Slim Extended battery - Plus, 10 Minute Battery Charge

Any new battery technology is at least a decade away, carrying a power supply in your pocket requires an enormous amount of regulatory approval and testing before they can be certified for use and allowed in cargo holds.
OB
OverByter is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
thIsgUy20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shreveport, LA
Gender: Male
Posts: 512
 
Device(s): Motorola triumph (Gave to mom) , HTC EVO V (soon going to sell) , NEXUS 4!!! (just got)
Carrier: VM

Thanks: 39
Thanked 86 Times in 69 Posts
Default

what if they make clothes that can charge phones lol. but i did hear on tv that having your phone in your pocket does charge it a tad bit its not noticable. i 4got how they said it works but i do remember hearing about it last year i think
thIsgUy20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Droidula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, rooted, HTC Evo V, stock Sense 3.6 / ICS 4.0.3, rooted, S-off
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 15
Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Fellow View Post
Did you notice this part?

* Best replacement for the original battery with comparable standby and talk time.
I did notice that, but not until I'd already purchased it. I'd skimmed the description too quickly. I already received a ready-for-shipment email, but I'm going to try and contact them. I guess if it seems like it's too good to be true...
Droidula is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Droidula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, rooted, HTC Evo V, stock Sense 3.6 / ICS 4.0.3, rooted, S-off
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 15
Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverByter View Post
Any new battery technology is at least a decade away, carrying a power supply in your pocket requires an enormous amount of regulatory approval and testing before they can be certified for use and allowed in cargo holds.
OB
It's just crazy to me how far technology has come, and now they just had someone outfitted with a bionic eye, but our phones still have sucky batteries.
Droidula is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Palmetto Fellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 1,888
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO V 4G (retired), HTC EVO 4G (retired), Nexus 7
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 114
Thanked 275 Times in 223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidula View Post
It's just crazy to me how far technology has come, and now they just had someone outfitted with a bionic eye, but our phones still have sucky batteries.
We're basically waiting on cold fusion at this point. If we can make it safe and stable, our phones should be able to go 4-5 years on a single "charge"

Imagine the awesomeness our great grandchildren will enjoy...assuming they aren't slaves to the alien overlords
Palmetto Fellow is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Droidula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, rooted, HTC Evo V, stock Sense 3.6 / ICS 4.0.3, rooted, S-off
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 15
Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Default

The battery came, and, as expected, does not have much of a noticeable difference in usage time, off the bat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Fellow View Post
We're basically waiting on cold fusion at this point. If we can make it safe and stable, our phones should be able to go 4-5 years on a single "charge"

Imagine the awesomeness our great grandchildren will enjoy...assuming they aren't slaves to the alien overlords
Plus JuiceDefender, clocking the CPU, and an extended battery. A charge might last 15 years.

Even if they are slaves to alien overlords, I bet they'd have amazing overlord phone technology!
Droidula is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC EVO V 4G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC EVO V 4G is Virgin Mobile's first 4G WiMAX Android device. And if it looks familiar, it is because the phone is the same as the EVO 3D, but optimized for this network. Release date is set for May 31st, 2012, for a price of $300 off-co... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO V 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.