Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Explorer

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Phone memory running out

Hey, basically the internal memory of my phone keeps getting smaller. I have to delete texts as soon as they come in to save space. Recently I was unable to receive texts because there was no room. I've tried moving applications to the SD card but it won't let me move anymore. I've had to delete my facebook and music apps and all my music to make room. I haven't downloaded any new stuff but the phone memory keeps shrinking. When I delete apps and download them again they go to the internal memory and not the SD card. There's a lot of room on the SD card but no way to get stuff on. The memory is now at 30MB which isn't too bad and makes me wonder if it wasn't facebook or something.

MoleKingQ is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ArmageddonX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arizona, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,538
 
Device(s): Nexus5 - Nexus10
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 369
Thanked 840 Times in 417 Posts
Default

Have you considered backing up your important information, contacts, pictures, and video? Then you could do a factory restore on your device and it'd work like new =)

~ ArmyX
__________________
Note that thoughts expressed here are merely my personal opinions and will hopefully
share my thoughts on the matter to stimulate a respectful discussion.
"There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance." ~ Hippocrates
"If anyone's head is acting an antenna, seek help or wear tin foil." ~ EarlyMon
ArmageddonX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 04:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pursat, Cambodia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,690
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanks: 1,132
Thanked 1,133 Times in 569 Posts
Default

The Explorer is kissing cousin to the Wildfire S. You might give this a run:

Forcing Apps to install to the SD Card without root
__________________
Don't just say thanks, click Thanks
Guess what's coming on April 23rd... Click here to find out.
Android Forums Site Rules/Guidelines

Please don't send me PMs with support questions. That's what the forum is for
CafeKampuchia is online now  
Last edited by CafeKampuchia; May 22nd, 2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: fix typo
Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 03:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleKingQ View Post
Hey, basically the internal memory of my phone keeps getting smaller. I have to delete texts as soon as they come in to save space. Recently I was unable to receive texts because there was no room. I've tried moving applications to the SD card but it won't let me move anymore. I've had to delete my facebook and music apps and all my music to make room. I haven't downloaded any new stuff but the phone memory keeps shrinking. When I delete apps and download them again they go to the internal memory and not the SD card. There's a lot of room on the SD card but no way to get stuff on. The memory is now at 30MB which isn't too bad and makes me wonder if it wasn't facebook or something.
Oh man..that's the same problem I used to have..I even went to the extent of uninstalling all the market apps and re-installing them on my phone (yeah i know a factory reset would have quickly sorted it out, but i didn't want to loose any contacts)..then I came across this app "1tap cleaner" on play store..it's a one stop shop for clearing any temporary/cache files stored on internal memory..you can do that yourself by going to settings -> application -> manage applications -> select the application you want to clear cache for -> click on clear cache..but this is going to be a tedious affair..

To avoid all the hassle, i downloaded 1tap cleaner (by SAM LU) and now I clear all temporary files in one go..it won't give you a lot of space but helps keeping a check on cache files..in my case its always the PLAY STORE which occupies the most memory for storing files..

Hope it helps..
htcexplorer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 05:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
erum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcexplorer View Post
Oh man..that's the same problem I used to have..I even went to the extent of uninstalling all the market apps and re-installing them on my phone (yeah i know a factory reset would have quickly sorted it out, but i didn't want to loose any contacts)..then I came across this app "1tap cleaner" on play store..it's a one stop shop for clearing any temporary/cache files stored on internal memory..you can do that yourself by going to settings -> application -> manage applications -> select the application you want to clear cache for -> click on clear cache..but this is going to be a tedious affair..

To avoid all the hassle, i downloaded 1tap cleaner (by SAM LU) and now I clear all temporary files in one go..it won't give you a lot of space but helps keeping a check on cache files..in my case its always the PLAY STORE which occupies the most memory for storing files..

Hope it helps..
Well let me check this i will let you know.
erum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 03:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: INDIA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1
 
Device(s): HTC EXPLORER
Carrier: IDEA CELLULAR

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SOURAV.MAHESHWARI
Thumbs down Memory getting low after using link2sd

Hi friends
i am new to this site
i own a htc explorer, which has a common problem i.e. Memory.
I managed it with the answers to the same problem on this site,
rooted and installed link2sd 2-3 months back.
But now a days my phone is again warning me memory getting low i uninstalled many apps but it still not stopping...
I am helpless can anybody tell me why this is happening and suggest me any solution...
SOURAV123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 04:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chennai, India
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
 
Device(s): Spice Mi-270, HTC Explorer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOURAV123 View Post
Hi friends
i am new to this site
i own a htc explorer, which has a common problem i.e. Memory.
I managed it with the answers to the same problem on this site,
rooted and installed link2sd 2-3 months back.
But now a days my phone is again warning me memory getting low i uninstalled many apps but it still not stopping...
I am helpless can anybody tell me why this is happening and suggest me any solution...
Hi Sourav

This is a perennial problem in this phone. Try these following methods.

1. Install App2SD from the store
2. Move all the movable apps to the SD card
3. Go to Settings->Manage Applications and open Gmail and clear the cache.
4. Do the same for all the often used apps.

This is sure to release some space for you.


There's more info here

HTC Explorer - Internal Memory Low - MessageCS, PhoneStorage
johnsunder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC Explorer
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Explorer is an Android 2.3.5 device featuring a 3.2-inch HVGA display, 3MP camera, and 600MHz processor. Not a blazing powerhouse by any means, the Explorer looks to cut into the segment of the smartphone market dominated by low-cost altern... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Explorer
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.