Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Hero (Sprint)

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 25th, 2009, 01:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 104
 
Device(s): Hero
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default main clock wont stay current

My main clock won't refresh after the phone turns on or comes back on from airplane mode. The widget clock is working just fine, though. Anyone else seeing this and or know how to fix it?

Advertisements
UTnick is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 25th, 2009, 01:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

im having the same problem. it just started tonite
bretwalters13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2009, 02:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13
 
Device(s): Hero
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Both my main clock and my widget clock fell behind an hour tonight. Date and time settings are set to automatic so I know I didnt accidentally change something. I have been using my phone heavily for the past 5 minutes and the clock has yet to correct itself.
philip0871 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2009, 02:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 104
 
Device(s): Hero
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Haha. Our US Sprint phones think we are part of the European Union. HTC forgot to set our daylight savings time correctly and our phones are changing on October 25th like they do in Europe.
UTnick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2009, 06:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 365
 
Device(s): Droid Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 67
Thanked 37 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTnick View Post
Haha. Our US Sprint phones think we are part of the European Union. HTC forgot to set our daylight savings time correctly and our phones are changing on October 25th like they do in Europe.

*shakes head in disbelief*

I'm not too nitpicky about certain stuff. I understand things will be missed or overlooked on occasion, but seriously? Something as simple as this? To have the clock not function properly on a smartphone is pretty bad.
ToxicToastKatz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2009, 09:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 575
 
Device(s): HTC Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 104
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Send a message via AIM to t1jordan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTnick View Post
My main clock won't refresh after the phone turns on or comes back on from airplane mode. The widget clock is working just fine, though. Anyone else seeing this and or know how to fix it?
When you change the clock. make sure to uncheck the "city label" it will post the correct time.
t1jordan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2009, 09:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 575
 
Device(s): HTC Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 104
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Send a message via AIM to t1jordan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip0871 View Post
Both my main clock and my widget clock fell behind an hour tonight. Date and time settings are set to automatic so I know I didnt accidentally change something. I have been using my phone heavily for the past 5 minutes and the clock has yet to correct itself.
I dont mean any harm but, sometimes i dont know where you people get this stuff from. My clock time is correct and has been. if you uncheck the city label. the time will be correct in your area.
t1jordan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
LTZguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BATON ROUGE LA
Posts: 203
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1jordan View Post
I dont mean any harm but, sometimes i dont know where you people get this stuff from. My clock time is correct and has been. if you uncheck the city label. the time will be correct in your area.
I guess we are just making it up. I brought my original hero back yesterday and got a replacement. My other one would never sleep. This one sleeps but the time is wrong. the time was correct on my original one. and just because you are not having a problem doesnt mean the problem doesnt exist. So please keep your ignorant comments to yourself. The original poster wasnt asking for a comment like :"i dont know where you people get this stuff from. My clock time is correct and has been."...obviously he's having a problem...and so am i. I hope you do to so you can eat your words.
LTZguy is offline  
Last edited by LTZguy; October 25th, 2009 at 11:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2009, 12:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 575
 
Device(s): HTC Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 104
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Send a message via AIM to t1jordan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZguy View Post
I guess we are just making it up. I brought my original hero back yesterday and got a replacement. My other one would never sleep. This one sleeps but the time is wrong. the time was correct on my original one. and just because you are not having a problem doesnt mean the problem doesnt exist. So please keep your ignorant comments to yourself. The original poster wasnt asking for a comment like :"i dont know where you people get this stuff from. My clock time is correct and has been."...obviously he's having a problem...and so am i. I hope you do to so you can eat your words.
Im not saying that he made it up. Take your time and read the threads. we have already discussed this information. I can make any comment that I want. And let the man speak for himself. you dont have to come to his rescue. The clock on here is a issue, but if you do what we say you want have a problem. The clock issue is all around the bored. And why would you want me to have phone problems. You sound like a hater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
t1jordan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2009, 12:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 104
 
Device(s): Hero
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

alright, fellas. if you don't believe me -- fine. here is what happened. starting around 1:00 am central time my phone clocks weren't agreeing. the widget clock was fine, but the clock on the status bar was freezing on the time the phone was turned on at, or switched from airplane mode. anyway, once 2:00 am hit (to be specific october 25th at 2:00 am) my status bar clock switched to 1:00 am again and the widget clock showed the correct time. my girlfriend's instinct showed the correct time.

now i am assuming the only reason the phone would drop an hour for any reason at 2:00 am in the morning is because of daylight savings time. here in the states that isn't set to happen until november 1st, however, in the EU that was set for October 25th at 2:00 am. yes, my clock is set to automatically sync with the network, but the reason i think it was the phone is the time on the status bar sticking and the widget working -- my girlfriend's sprint phone didn't have a problem at all -- and all this coincides perfectly with the EU's daylight savings standard.

now, if you think i am full of crap or ******** that is fine. it is still my contention that this was a software bug.
UTnick is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 25th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
LTZguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BATON ROUGE LA
Posts: 203
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1jordan View Post
Im not saying that he made it up. Take your time and read the threads. we have already discussed this information. I can make any comment that I want. And let the man speak for himself. you dont have to come to his rescue. The clock on here is a issue, but if you do what we say you want have a problem. The clock issue is all around the bored. And why would you want me to have phone problems. You sound like a hater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG! yes i'm a hater! You figured me out...my feelings are so hurt!
LTZguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2009, 01:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 84
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

My Hero did the same thing and caused me to be late to work this morning. Where is this "city label" thing you are talking about? This places one more check in the column to return the phone and wait for bugs to get worked out.
mustang5o is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2009, 01:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to inline325i
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTnick View Post
alright, fellas. if you don't believe me -- fine. here is what happened. starting around 1:00 am central time my phone clocks weren't agreeing. the widget clock was fine, but the clock on the status bar was freezing on the time the phone was turned on at, or switched from airplane mode. anyway, once 2:00 am hit (to be specific october 25th at 2:00 am) my status bar clock switched to 1:00 am again and the widget clock showed the correct time. my girlfriend's instinct showed the correct time.

now i am assuming the only reason the phone would drop an hour for any reason at 2:00 am in the morning is because of daylight savings time. here in the states that isn't set to happen until november 1st, however, in the EU that was set for October 25th at 2:00 am. yes, my clock is set to automatically sync with the network, but the reason i think it was the phone is the time on the status bar sticking and the widget working -- my girlfriend's sprint phone didn't have a problem at all -- and all this coincides perfectly with the EU's daylight savings standard.

now, if you think i am full of crap or ******** that is fine. it is still my contention that this was a software bug.
I know it sounds crazy but i had the exact same thing happen to me this morning.... The clock widget was correct was 6:30 am..... main time on phone had 5:30 am .... I literally took a double take and was like WTF....???? Checked the settings to see what was set...it was set to automatic.... I went in and manually changed to "Central" time....then changed back to "auto" still went back to 1 hour off.....

Restarted the phone and dunno but it came up correct, widget and main time was correct...... I dunno what the deal was but........ i can confirm i had the same issues others here described....
inline325i is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2009, 01:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 55
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If the time is wrong on your phone try this, it worked for me.

Update your phone PRL and Profile. To do so, from the home screen click menu-->settings-->about phone-->system updates and then click Update PRL and wait for it to update if it needs to. Mine updated from 60654 to 60655 (you can see the PRL number on the Status page which is just below the System Updates menu option. After that I did the Update Profile. Once that finished, the status bar clock immediately showed the correct time.

When I went back to the home screen, I noticed that the clock widget was still showing the old time. Perhaps I could have waiting and it may have updated at some point, but I simply removed it from the screen and then re-added it at which point it showed the correct time.

Good luck...
Bernal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2009, 01:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
romeosidvicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 270
 
Device(s): Sprint Hero
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 58 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Mine displayed the wrong time in the status bar last night and the right time in the time widget but it was 0300 and I decided to deal with it this morning. I got up this morning and lo and behold both clocks agreed and were right. No idea what caused the original issue but it fixed itself.
__________________
~~~~~
Some days I know that if I let my brain fully understand what my gut was propelling me into, it'd chuck itself out my ear. - Spider Jerusalem
romeosidvicious is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Mine was wrong this morning as well.
I figured that they had the DST figured incorrectly or something. It was showing as current city (houston) and showing one time, but then in the city list under Houston it was showing an hour later (which was correct). I unchecked "current city" and clicked on Houston. The clock was then showing the correct time, but the task bar clock was still showing an hour behind. I ended up re-booting and the time has been correct since.
mamiamjo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2009, 06:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13
 
Device(s): Hero
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Obviously there is something wrong with the phone or network. I shouldnt have to modify the settings to make the clock respond correctly, especially when it was working fine up until last night.
philip0871 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 84
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I put mine back to auto with network and it's working so far. Although I have removed any clock widgets from my home screen. Still not sure what is meant by unchecking the city label. Where is this done?
mustang5o is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 01:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 45
 
Device(s): Galaxy SII -SGH-T989
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I refreshed my PRL updates, removed the clock widget then readded it. It still it one hour ahead. I too believe it is off due to day light savings because mine jumped an hour forward Sunday morning when I looked at it. But what doesn't make sense is shouldn't it jump back an hour? (Spring forward, Fall behind)

I went to settings and manually changed the clock to not auto update and that worked until today. Auto update is still unchecked, so the small clock in the upper right hand corner is correct (what I set it to) but the widget is an hour ahead. My city is correct, Minneapolis (Central time).

Any help would be appreciated... Is there somewhere we can report this to Sprint?
hake0305 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 365
 
Device(s): Droid Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 67
Thanked 37 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hake0305 View Post
I refreshed my PRL updates, removed the clock widget then readded it. It still it one hour ahead. I too believe it is off due to day light savings because mine jumped an hour forward Sunday morning when I looked at it. But what doesn't make sense is shouldn't it jump back an hour? (Spring forward, Fall behind)

I went to settings and manually changed the clock to not auto update and that worked until today. Auto update is still unchecked, so the small clock in the upper right hand corner is correct (what I set it to) but the widget is an hour ahead. My city is correct, Minneapolis (Central time).

Any help would be appreciated... Is there somewhere we can report this to Sprint?

It's not a "Sprint" error. It's an HTC software bug. They are aware of it and will have it fixed in the OS update. No release date for the update, but it seems like it shouldn't be too long based on my conversation with an HTC rep. They have identified a lot of software bugs (99.99999% of which are all being discussed in these forums) and are aware of the urgency to repair them. They are currently working with Sprint Engineer's (based on my phone call) to fix all of them. Since there are quite a few, several hot-fixes would be necessary. Instead of doing that, they are going to roll them all out with the update. Because they plan to do it that way, I'm guessing they are pretty close to a release, otherwise there is going to be a lot more phone calls pouring into them.
ToxicToastKatz is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 45
 
Device(s): Galaxy SII -SGH-T989
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thank you for the quick update!!!
hake0305 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 104
 
Device(s): Hero
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicToastKatz View Post
It's not a "Sprint" error. It's an HTC software bug. They are aware of it and will have it fixed in the OS update. No release date for the update, but it seems like it shouldn't be too long based on my conversation with an HTC rep. They have identified a lot of software bugs (99.99999% of which are all being discussed in these forums) and are aware of the urgency to repair them. They are currently working with Sprint Engineer's (based on my phone call) to fix all of them. Since there are quite a few, several hot-fixes would be necessary. Instead of doing that, they are going to roll them all out with the update. Because they plan to do it that way, I'm guessing they are pretty close to a release, otherwise there is going to be a lot more phone calls pouring into them.
thank you for proving me not crazy.
UTnick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

For what it's worth, mine corrected itself today.
itsaddison is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:23 AM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: colorado
Posts: 18
 
Device(s): iPhone
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've figured out what is causing this bug, but I don't know how to fix it on my Eris. I live in Erie, Colorado, which is also near Lafayette, CO. I noticed that after rebooting my phone it switched to Lafayette. Now normally the big clock is on eastern time, and the little clock is showing the correct time (Mountain.) When it went to Lafayette, it went to Central time. Now there's a big Erie, PA in Eastern time and a couple of Lafayettes in Central time (LA being the biggest.)

The HTC developers JUST looked at the name of the city and matched it to their very small database. They didn't bother looking at the state as well! So rather than getting paired up with Denver, I'm stuck with whatever time it is in Pennsylvania. They really should be getting time information directly from the towers or geolocation, rather than trying to figure it out internally in the phone. Perhaps they were trying to save space in the memory, but this is really cheesy.

The fix is to go in and turn off automatic settings and set it to your current time zone. This bug could cause some serious problems for people who go to a wrongly-named city and expecting to be woken in the morning by their alarm!
qsoundrich is offline  
Last edited by qsoundrich; December 2nd, 2009 at 04:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Sprint HTC Hero
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Sprint HTC Hero was announced on September 3rd, 2009, making Sprint the 2nd American mobile carrier to offer a phone based on Google's Android operating system. While HTC had already launched the Hero, making it available on European carrie... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Hero (Sprint)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.