Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Hero (Sprint)

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 18th, 2009, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Update Available From Sprint

The update is available now. It's about 3.5 meg, and downloads pretty quick. Simply go into the setting menu, and have the phone check for new firmware. Not sure what all it fixes yet.

ziggy682 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 18th, 2009, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
meangreengdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 328
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Any idea if HTC will have an official release of what it includes?
meangreengdub is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
g0tr00t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 166
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

The Firmware Update could not be completed. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Costumer Service. Error code:1012

nice....
__________________
Rooted
DamageControl
g0tr00t is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 03:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Fixed my phone from changing program names to com.p1... after rebooting and I sent a text message with the stock program and it still went to sleep afterwards. I havent noticed any other changes, but I didn't really have any other problems to begin with...
c4miller4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 03:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 42
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default ...

updated mine to firmware 1.56.651.2
bobeink is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 03:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
bray424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 57
 
Device(s): HTC Hero CDMA w/DarchLegend v2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to bray424
Default

Now for the million dollar question, does it un-root a rooted phone?
bray424 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 03:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 144
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bray424 View Post
Now for the million dollar question, does it un-root a rooted phone?
I cannot get it to install on my rooted hero. If anyone has a tip i will try it and apply and check root status
satinkzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 54
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 69
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default

yep....got it to!!!
awrnsmn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 03:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 242
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 (black)
Carrier: TMobile

Thanks: 9
Thanked 55 Times in 44 Posts
Default

My awake time with the update is showing 53%; though I haven't sent or received any text via the stock messaging app.

I think my free space jumped up a bit. Also, I've noticed that when I browse my music by individual songs, it doesn't grind to a halt as it pulls album artwork.
big_z is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just finished my upgrade. After everything was downloaded, it took about 5-10 minutes for everything to install/reboot.

Does anyone know what this firmware upgrade will fix or improve?
Lawyerman is offline  
Last edited by Lawyerman; November 18th, 2009 at 04:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 18th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
meangreengdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 328
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

My awake time has been going down and working just fine. Phones been on for 36 mins, awake time 22 mins (63%). It's been going down ever since it rebooted!

New feature noticed....when on a phone call, there are now two buttons on the screen under the pic...Mute and Speaker phone. This makes it much easier to do than hitting menu then selecting those.
meangreengdub is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Downloaded and installed pretty quick with no complications, i have an unrooted HTC Hero cdma.

Looks good and maybe a bit smoother, we will see about the battery life.
steveopolis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 42
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default ...

mine seems less laggy as well...i dunno if that's because of the reboot or just placebo....hmmmmm

haven't tried the stock message program yet. is it as customizable as Handcent?
bobeink is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 249
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
New feature noticed....when on a phone call, there are now two buttons on the screen under the pic...Mute and Speaker phone. This makes it much easier to do than hitting menu then selecting those.
I would love to also have a bluetooth button there. Oh well, still have to use the menu for that.
BSki is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It looks like the icon issue is fixed, but time will tell on that. Two of my messed up icons are now back to normal after the update. I was never able to get them back to their original icons without uninstalling/reinstalling even after a reboot, but now they are the way it should be.

Also, the update freed up about 5 MB of space for apps.
Lawyerman is offline  
Last edited by Lawyerman; November 18th, 2009 at 04:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 341
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

WOW. New android during phonecall! This one looks so much better... more 3d. This is, of course if you don't have a picture saved for your contact that yu are calling, i.e. from facebook sync.
dvdqnoc is offline  
Last edited by dvdqnoc; November 18th, 2009 at 04:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just also updated. So for so good. Here's what the other forums on sprint are expericing Sprint Community : Alleged MR update on 11/18 Looks like my icons are named properly now, seems quicker moving from sceane to sceane, and it seems to still sleep. I have not yet switched back to the stock messenging and I don't know if I will unless verified to be working properly.
civEX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi I have been patiently waiting for the update now, because my phone is awake 100% of the time, despite using handcent (which lowered my awake time to about 15% for two days, then for whatever reason it went back to 100%). I installed the update, and my phone still is at 100% after 45 minutes.

I read somewhere that Locale might be the cause for the 100% awake time. I don't remember (because I wasn't aware of this at the time), but I think the handcent workaround might have stopped working when I initially downloaded Locale. What I do know is that I've deleted Locale and the one plugin I downloaded with it, and I'm still at 100%. Locale and the plugin do not show up on my "downloaded apps" in the market.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm tempted to reset my phone, but I'm very hesitant because I don't want to lose my apps and contacts (all my contacts are "phone" not "google"). If someone knows how to backup my contacts and apps so that when I reset the phone I can somehow upload them to the prior state, then I guess that would be the easiest solution.

Thanks!!
mrosenberg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrosenberg View Post

Does anyone have any advice? I'm tempted to reset my phone, but I'm very hesitant because I don't want to lose my apps and contacts (all my contacts are "phone" not "google"). If someone knows how to backup my contacts and apps so that when I reset the phone I can somehow upload them to the prior state, then I guess that would be the easiest solution.
I had the same problem and a hard reset + handcent install fixed the problem. I used the ASTRO app to backup my apps. Pretty easy and quick.
donohue_lee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Cool, I got my first sense ui crash. Not exactly sure what I didn't but I was messing around with adding widgets to the screen and then I hist the up arrow to get to the task grid.

Never happened before the upgrade...
lugose is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

donohue, my contacts are phone contacts, not google contacts. do you know of a way to back those up?
mrosenberg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 153
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I updated my hero without a problem, however I am trying to update my wife's. It is on the Firmware Update screen and saying "Device is preparing your services. Please wait...." It has been doing this for about 15 minutes now.
sr1982 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 144
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Rooted users need to get the RUU image, flash back to stock, apply update and then re-root. I did this, it works fine, I also quickly restored apps using Astro.

This MR did NOT remove root access, just can't apply it to a rooted phone.
satinkzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrosenberg View Post
donohue, my contacts are phone contacts, not google contacts. do you know of a way to back those up?
I was in the same situation you were in. I transfered my contacts via bluetooth from my phone to my computer's bluetooth then exported the .CSV file to my gmail contacts. It usually automaticly syncs to my gmail magically appering in my phone after a factory reset. For the apps you can back them up using ASTRO file manager you can get off the android market. I kept going to the 100% wake time also before I had to reset it like 4 times. I'm hoping it stays this time since the update.

notes after a factory reset that I did:

updated the PRL, Profile, and Voicemail (I made sure I checked the Unknown Sources options under Applications before I upgrade the voicemail) Also I downloaded the handcent sms and unchecked the setting options in the stock messenger and made sure hancent sms was the default)---I guess now you can download the current update if this resets. I'm not sure.

Just a fast reply of what I did.

P.S. by the way under development I did check the Stay awake and left it pluged in. Don't know if screen shutting off messes the installs up or anything.
civEX is offline  
Last edited by civEX; November 18th, 2009 at 05:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 78
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by civEX View Post
I was in the same situation you were in. I transfered my contacts via bluetooth from my phone to my computer's bluetooth then exported the .CSV file to my gmail contacts. It usually automaticly syncs to my gmail magically appering in my phone after a factory reset. For the apps you can back them up using ASTRO file manager you can get off the android market. I kept going to the 100% wake time also before I had to reset it like 4 times. I'm hoping it stays this time since the update.

notes after a factory reset that I did:

updated the PRL, Profile, and Voicemail (I made sure I checked the Unknown Sources options under Applications before I upgrade the voicemail) Also I downloaded the handcent sms and unchecked the setting options in the stock messenger and made sure hancent sms was the default)---I guess now you can download the current update if this resets. I'm not sure.

Just a fast reply of what I did.

P.S. by the way under development I did check the Stay awake and left it pluged in. Don't know if screen shutting off messes the installs up or anything.
For those with 100% awake still, unplug the phone, mine was at 100% for 30 minutes, then I unplugged it and, boom it shot down, it stays awake when plugged in, and goes to sleep when unplugged, sweet huh :P
dereileak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
andrewcgrimm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 64
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satinkzo View Post
Rooted users need to get the RUU image, flash back to stock, apply update and then re-root. I did this, it works fine, I also quickly restored apps using Astro.

This MR did NOT remove root access, just can't apply it to a rooted phone.

Where is the RUU image?
__________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils - Louis Hector Berlioz
andrewcgrimm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 44
 
Device(s): HTC Hero
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereileak View Post
For those with 100% awake still, unplug the phone, mine was at 100% for 30 minutes, then I unplugged it and, boom it shot down, it stays awake when plugged in, and goes to sleep when unplugged, sweet huh :P
Mine hasn't been plugged in and I still have 100%
heimy25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 78
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr1982 View Post
I updated my hero without a problem, however I am trying to update my wife's. It is on the Firmware Update screen and saying "Device is preparing your services. Please wait...." It has been doing this for about 15 minutes now.
go to the home screen, do you notive the 1x or EVDO symbol, the firmware can download in the background, I exited it while it was downloading, and it still finished and prompted me when I could update after it finished.
dereileak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:21 PM   #29 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 78
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heimy25 View Post
Mine hasn't been plugged in and I still have 100%
you reboot the phone?
dereileak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:21 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 153
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

My hero was updated, handcent deleted and the battery awake time is dropping big time. The second hero still can't get the update....
sr1982 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:25 PM   #31 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 78
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr1982 View Post
My hero was updated, handcent deleted and the battery awake time is dropping big time. The second hero still can't get the update....
I am glad to report the headphones play in stereo now, I listened to lady gaga, and a virtual barber shop thing, that sounds like your getting a hair cut!!! the hero sounds amazing for sound quality!!!
dereileak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #32 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

dereileak, can you explain how you exported the contacts via bluetooth? is there a file on the phone that contains all the contacts?

thanks!
mrosenberg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Had done the Handcent update and my awake time was great. With update, it is back to 100%. UGH!
joehp1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:33 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 365
 
Device(s): Droid Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 67
Thanked 37 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Can somebody really quickly just advise if the firmware automatically does a factory reset? I'm trying to see if I have to/can back up my scenes and settings.
ToxicToastKatz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:33 PM   #35 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 78
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrosenberg View Post
dereileak, can you explain how you exported the contacts via bluetooth? is there a file on the phone that contains all the contacts?

thanks!
I never did that, I will test now though
dereileak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:35 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
meangreengdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 328
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereileak View Post
I am glad to report the headphones play in stereo now, I listened to lady gaga, and a virtual barber shop thing, that sounds like your getting a hair cut!!! the hero sounds amazing for sound quality!!!
How do you know it's in stero? I do think it sounds better though...
meangreengdub is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:37 PM   #37 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 51
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 40 Times in 6 Posts
Default

The update does not wipe the phone. Kept all my apps and settings.

One thing I notice is that it still says EV-DO rev 0 and not rev A. Sprint said this was a display only bug so they should have fixed it in this release. Of course, maybe where I am I can only get rev 0? Will have to test.

Anyone out there see Rev A?
ecaggiani is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:37 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
blampars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 222
 
Device(s): HTC EVO Rooted, running: Myn's Warm Two Point Two RLS3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereileak View Post
I am glad to report the headphones play in stereo now, I listened to lady gaga, and a virtual barber shop thing, that sounds like your getting a hair cut!!! the hero sounds amazing for sound quality!!!
i've never wanted to say it, but i've not once had the headphones play in mono instead of stereo like intended. i've even tested it to be sure my ears weren't playing tricks on me heh.

glad to hear that it's been fixed for those of you who had a problem though!
blampars is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 78
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
How do you know it's in stero? I do think it sounds better though...
I have a file that requires stereo to sound right, try it out, it sounds like you are getting a haircut, and needs stereo to work correctly, it uses your brain to make it sound like a virtual haircut, its soooooo cool Download virtual-barbershop.mp3 from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
its legal, made by a college student
dereileak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:40 PM   #40 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 42
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default ...

mine always said Rev A even before update...so I can't help ya out there
bobeink is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 78
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaggiani View Post
The update does not wipe the phone. Kept all my apps and settings.

One thing I notice is that it still says EV-DO rev 0 and not rev A. Sprint said this was a display only bug so they should have fixed it in this release. Of course, maybe where I am I can only get rev 0? Will have to test.

Anyone out there see Rev A?
that is because of the PRI, under status settings, the new phones that show rev A have the PRI version 1.7, as we are stuck with 1.68_003, but I hope they update it someday, not a big deal
dereileak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:47 PM   #42 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 78
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicToastKatz View Post
Can somebody really quickly just advise if the firmware automatically does a factory reset? I'm trying to see if I have to/can back up my scenes and settings.
it does not do a factory reset, this would piss many people off, so they dont do that, just updates the rom, leaves your settings alone
dereileak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 341
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicToastKatz View Post
Can somebody really quickly just advise if the firmware automatically does a factory reset? I'm trying to see if I have to/can back up my scenes and settings.
??? No. I updated, and everything on my phone looks exactly the same.Its just the bugs in the background that got fixed.
dvdqnoc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 365
 
Device(s): Droid Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 67
Thanked 37 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereileak View Post
it does not do a factory reset, this would piss many people off, so they dont do that, just updates the rom, leaves your settings alone
thank you kind sir.

It has been on the HTC screen for awhile though.....I'm sure it just takes some time....coming out of it as i type.....sweet.
ToxicToastKatz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:54 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
meangreengdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 328
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereileak View Post
I have a file that requires stereo to sound right, try it out, it sounds like you are getting a haircut, and needs stereo to work correctly, it uses your brain to make it sound like a virtual haircut, its soooooo cool Download virtual-barbershop.mp3 from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
its legal, made by a college student
Hahaha this is amazing!! How did you find this? Is there anything else like this?
meangreengdub is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #46 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 78
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicToastKatz View Post
thank you kind sir.

It has been on the HTC screen for awhile though.....I'm sure it just takes some time....coming out of it as i type.....sweet.
the reason I believe it sits there is because it rewriting the app folder, app data would get messed up causing the naming issues in the apps list, so far the things that are fixed are :
1. stereo headphones
2. messages come on time
3. 100% awake issue gone (for 99% of people)
4. apps are named correctly and have the correct picture
5. Added quick access mute and speaker phone buttons while in a call
6. updated android character while in a call
7. app search, hold down the search button while looking at your app list
8. Call on hold issue (according to another user)
9. Merged/Conference Calls work correctly now (according to another user)
10. Improvement to camera picture quality
11. DST issue addressed, "unable to receive SMS" due to "full memory" addressed
12. Memory Leak when BT is in connected state
dereileak is offline  
Last edited by dereileak; November 18th, 2009 at 06:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:57 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 121
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 4G LTE 100% Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Did the update with no problems, uninstalled HandcentSMS and now phone is sleeping after sending message with Stock SMS App. Notice the phone is a little faster but might be from the restart. No Other Changes noticed yet.
jdawg0024 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:58 PM   #48 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

so at this point do we need to reset the phone all together cause im also still at 100% after the updatephone was never rooted or downloaded any other sms app.the phone has been unpluged also.
kingjah2gz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 06:00 PM   #49 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 78
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
Hahaha this is amazing!! How did you find this? Is there anything else like this?
I have a few more, ill upload them, ill zip it, one is a match box shaking, and a hair dryer, I have no clue, I browse the web ALOT!!, lol
Download Surround sounds stereo.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

This includes 4 of the surround sound stereo things, including the barber shop one, this will show you the power of stereo!!!!
dereileak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 06:00 PM   #50 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 53
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

-Improvement to camera picture quality
-DST issue addressed, "unable to receive SMS" due to "full memory" addressed
-Memory Leak when BT is in connected state
- 3.5 mono when using headset
-Dialer App battery drain fixed
CitizenD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Sprint HTC Hero
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Sprint HTC Hero was announced on September 3rd, 2009, making Sprint the 2nd American mobile carrier to offer a phone based on Google's Android operating system. While HTC had already launched the Hero, making it available on European carrie... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Hero (Sprint)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.