Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Hero (Sprint)

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Jacksonville fl
Posts: 321
 
Device(s): HTC HERO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Hello folks

what is the best settings to have the camera on so when i take pictures it comes out great, any help????????

dominicanyor is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Done by choice
 
Kelmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,819
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,132
Thanked 4,783 Times in 2,658 Posts
Default

Where to start!

I'm a HUGE photography nut! Changing your ISO and manually control your white balance will do WONDERS for your cellphone shots.
Kelmar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Jacksonville fl
Posts: 321
 
Device(s): HTC HERO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelmar View Post
Where to start!

I'm a HUGE photography nut! Changing your ISO and manually control your white balance will do WONDERS for your cellphone shots.
Some directions on how to do that please??????
dominicanyor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Done by choice
 
Kelmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,819
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,132
Thanked 4,783 Times in 2,658 Posts
Default

Open your Camera. Click Menu. Click White Balance.

Automatic SUCKS on this phone, it's rarely right for what you need. Incandescent = regular light bulbs, pretty self explanatory.... Select the one you want for your lighting situation. It's a PITA having to do it all the time, but it's the price you pay for decent pictures.

Camera > Menu > Settings > ISO

This is, essentially, how sensitive your camera will be to light. A low number such as 100 is great for bright situations such as the beach but horrible for night shots. A number such as 800 on the other hand will be much more useful for night shots but creates "grain" in the image that can make the image look poor.


FWIW, I refuse to shoot automatically with a real camera anymore. I feel I can get SOOOO much more control shooting manually then I ever could when shooting auto.
Kelmar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Jacksonville fl
Posts: 321
 
Device(s): HTC HERO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelmar View Post
Open your Camera. Click Menu. Click White Balance.

Automatic SUCKS on this phone, it's rarely right for what you need. Incandescent = regular light bulbs, pretty self explanatory.... Select the one you want for your lighting situation. It's a PITA having to do it all the time, but it's the price you pay for decent pictures.

Camera > Menu > Settings > ISO

This is, essentially, how sensitive your camera will be to light. A low number such as 100 is great for bright situations such as the beach but horrible for night shots. A number such as 800 on the other hand will be much more useful for night shots but creates "grain" in the image that can make the image look poor.


FWIW, I refuse to shoot automatically with a real camera anymore. I feel I can get SOOOO much more control shooting manually then I ever could when shooting auto.
ok thanks for the info, so what number should i use for night shots when im on the beach or at a club? so the pictures could be nice.
dominicanyor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Done by choice
 
Kelmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,819
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,132
Thanked 4,783 Times in 2,658 Posts
Default

800 will allow the phone to hold as much light as possible and will help prevent the pictures from being blurry.
Kelmar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Jacksonville fl
Posts: 321
 
Device(s): HTC HERO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelmar View Post
Open your Camera. Click Menu. Click White Balance.

Automatic SUCKS on this phone, it's rarely right for what you need. Incandescent = regular light bulbs, pretty self explanatory.... Select the one you want for your lighting situation. It's a PITA having to do it all the time, but it's the price you pay for decent pictures.

Camera > Menu > Settings > ISO

This is, essentially, how sensitive your camera will be to light. A low number such as 100 is great for bright situations such as the beach but horrible for night shots. A number such as 800 on the other hand will be much more useful for night shots but creates "grain" in the image that can make the image look poor.


FWIW, I refuse to shoot automatically with a real camera anymore. I feel I can get SOOOO much more control shooting manually then I ever could when shooting auto.

so should i use the 5m resolution or the 3m?
dominicanyor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Done by choice
 
Kelmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,819
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,132
Thanked 4,783 Times in 2,658 Posts
Default

Up to you. It'll just change the overall storage size (and dimension size) of the image. Might as well stick with 5M
Kelmar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Jacksonville fl
Posts: 321
 
Device(s): HTC HERO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelmar View Post
Up to you. It'll just change the overall storage size (and dimension size) of the image. Might as well stick with 5M

Great thanks for the info, you sure know your stuff.
dominicanyor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Done by choice
 
Kelmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,819
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,132
Thanked 4,783 Times in 2,658 Posts
Default

Too bad we can't control shutter speed and f-stop... THAT would make my day!

... but then again... that's what a real camera is for
Kelmar is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Jacksonville fl
Posts: 321
 
Device(s): HTC HERO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelmar View Post
Too bad we can't control shutter speed and f-stop... THAT would make my day!

... but then again... that's what a real camera is for
So when you take a picture do you tap on the screen or use the ball?
dominicanyor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Done by choice
 
Kelmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,819
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,132
Thanked 4,783 Times in 2,658 Posts
Default

I prefer to press the screen because I feel that I hold the phone steadier that way then when I press the trackball.

Trackball works too though, it all comes to personal preference.
Kelmar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Jacksonville fl
Posts: 321
 
Device(s): HTC HERO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelmar View Post
I prefer to press the screen because I feel that I hold the phone steadier that way then when I press the trackball.

Trackball works too though, it all comes to personal preference.


Sometimes when i use the trackball i end up pressing menu or home at the same time. lol
dominicanyor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

how do i make the pictures less blurry. When i take pics with my HTC hero the picures are out of focus?/ Help.
yolandarn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Sprint HTC Hero
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Sprint HTC Hero was announced on September 3rd, 2009, making Sprint the 2nd American mobile carrier to offer a phone based on Google's Android operating system. While HTC had already launched the Hero, making it available on European carrie... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Hero (Sprint)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.