October 20th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Aberdeen, UK
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Taken from my blog-
- Connect the Hero to your computer via the USB cable
- Open the Notifications screen on your Hero (pull down a finger from the top of the screen to the bottom) and select the USB Storage notification
- Choose "Mount"
- Browse to the SD Card on your PC
- Look for a folder called media, if it's not there, create it by right clicking and choosing New Folder, then rename the folder to be media
- Inside the media folder, you need a folder called audio, again, if it's not there create it as above
- Inside the audio folder, you can create a subfolder for the sound category you want to change-
- ringtones - for sound files you want to use as ringtones
- alarms - for sound files you want to use for any alarms
- notifications - for incoming notifications such as SMS alerts, emails, etc
- Copy your sound file in to the relevant folder
- You should now see your sound file listed in the menu for selection in the relevant sound settings menu (to access the ringtone/notification settings, press the hard Menu key from one of your home screens, then press Settings then Sounds and Display)
"An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do."
- Dylan Thomas
Last edited by Merago; October 20th, 2009 at 04:57 AM.