Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Inspire 4G

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 1st, 2011, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Simba501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 479
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, HTC Inspire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 209
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default Anyone else concerned?

I am very excited to finally get a high end Sense device on AT&T and I am desperately in need of more ram (I own a Captivate; still waiting on Froyo of course). My full intention is to get this device, but is anyone else concerned with the battery only being 1230mah? The Atrix will have a monstrous 1930mah battery, the upcoming Infuse will have a 1730mah battery, and most devices currently have 1500mah batteries. Has this crossed anyone else's mind?

Simba501 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba501 View Post
I am very excited to finally get a high end Sense device on AT&T and I am desperately in need of more ram (I own a Captivate; still waiting on Froyo of course). My full intention is to get this device, but is anyone else concerned with the battery only being 1230mah? The Atrix will have a monstrous 1930mah battery, the upcoming Infuse will have a 1730mah battery, and most devices currently have 1500mah batteries. Has this crossed anyone else's mind?

Nope like I have stated there are many many desire HD owners who are happy with it. The inspire is gonna be fine
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 03:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SouthEast
Posts: 340
 
Device(s): Gtab-Flashback-Honeycomb HTC Inspire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 48 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Although the Atrix will actually be MORE efficient at certain mundane tasks..the dual cores will SUCK it dry when its running multi-threaded games etc. Like wise the Samsung infuse is essentially OVERCLOCKED and even a "little" over clock and be a HUGE SUCKING DRAIN on the battery.

It is highly likely the inspire can/would beat either of these two devices battery's life IF they are doing intensive tasks where the extra power is used.

In the case of the inspire..users will just have to accept hey wont be running those few games or will be running them slower (but without the surging power drain)

Likewise when standing by, the Atrix use will more power than the inspire. (It doesnt appear to be nearly as efficient in idle mode as i would like to see).

So basically.

Full load= Inspire over atrix
Idle load= Inspire over Atrix
Mundane tasks = atrix over inspire (the tegra can be very efficient at medium tasks).

Evidence:

Atrix Stand by time: 264 Hours
Inspire Stand by time: 372 Hours.

Also i am guessing that huge 4.3inch screen being in off mode is a huge power boom for the smaller battery powered inspire in addition to having a MUCH more efficient stand by power usage.

Through out my day i might be screwing with the phone a couple hours over all but its in stand by most of the time. On weekends or late at night when surfing around ill probably suck the phone dry pretty fast.

However, one of the MOST intensive tasks...GPS will run VERY EFFICIENTLY on the inspire as it preloads all the maps (avoids data charges and will SAVE THE BATTERYs big time)..so that will help as well.

HTC Inspire 4G vs Samsung Infuse 4G vs Motorola ATRIX 4G: specs comparison - Phone Arena


Also coming from an iphone background you have NO IDEA...how simple a fix it is just to buy a back up batter (something you CAN NOT DO) with an iphone. (although i LOVE LOVE LOVE the charge cases such as the mophie juice pack).
Allenfx is offline  
Last edited by Allenfx; February 1st, 2011 at 03:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 57
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
Nope like I have stated there are many many desire HD owners who are happy with it. The inspire is gonna be fine
The Desire has a 1400 battery.
mbranscum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
The Desire has a 1400 battery.

No it doesn't the desire HD has a 1230mhz
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 07:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
The Desire has a 1400 battery.

Look in the desire HD videos for inspire 4G thread I posted the Desire HD specs. This is the second time your posting miasinformation
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 07:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 57
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
Look in the desire HD videos for inspire 4G thread I posted the Desire HD specs. This is the second time your posting miasinformation
You are right. The Desire HD has a 1230 battery. The Desire has a 1400 battery. As for the "misinformation", it was a mistake, but thanks for pointing it out. I'm sure the mods appreciate it!
mbranscum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 07:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
You are right. The Desire HD has a 1230 battery. The Desire has a 1400 battery. As for the "misinformation", it was a mistake, but thanks for pointing it out. I'm sure the mods appreciate it!

No problem. Didn't mean to come off snarky lol
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 57
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Here are a couple of threads about battery life concern over the Desire HD.
HTC desire and HTC desire hd battery

Solution to DHD battery problems. Contact HTC! - Android Forums

Guys I love the hardware of the Inspire and I may end up with one to try out, but if you think this thing won't eat through a 1230 battery with anything more than light use, you're dreaming.
mbranscum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SouthEast
Posts: 340
 
Device(s): Gtab-Flashback-Honeycomb HTC Inspire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 48 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
Here are a couple of threads about battery life concern over the Desire HD.
HTC desire and HTC desire hd battery

Solution to DHD battery problems. Contact HTC! - Android Forums

Guys I love the hardware of the Inspire and I may end up with one to try out, but if you think this thing won't eat through a 1230 battery with anything more than light use, you're dreaming.

I agree, if you sit and surf all day at work your going to be toast by the time your work day is over.

Thats why ill get a second battery or a case charger. What are they? $50bucks? That would give me 2460 worth of juice to burn through daily...i can handle that. (try that with an iphone!)
Allenfx is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 75
 
Device(s): motorola atrix 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

this is one of the main things keeping me from choosing this phone over the atrix. I get minimal battery as it is with my captivate.(dead by the end of the day) A big deal for me, is I want to be able to use my phone whenever I want, as often as I want throughout the day, and not have to worry about it dying on me. This is one of the features I miss the most since leaving the iphone.
fujigonewild00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

There are also threads that say they get real good battery life. With any phone you can get 6 hours or 12. Useage is key
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SouthEast
Posts: 340
 
Device(s): Gtab-Flashback-Honeycomb HTC Inspire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 48 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujigonewild00 View Post
this is one of the main things keeping me from choosing this phone over the atrix. I get minimal battery as it is with my captivate.(dead by the end of the day) A big deal for me, is I want to be able to use my phone whenever I want, as often as I want throughout the day, and not have to worry about it dying on me. This is one of the features I miss the most since leaving the iphone.
My ihpone dies after 6 or 7 hours and you CAN'T just pop in a new battery.

How is THAT better?

Here is a 1900mah portable back up battery for the inspire:

http://www.htcinspireaccessoriespro.com/htc-inspire-4g-11067nz.htm

$24.00

My mophie juice pack for my iphone was $75.00 when it first came out
Allenfx is offline  
Last edited by Allenfx; February 1st, 2011 at 11:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenfx View Post
My ihpone dies after 6 or 7 hours and you CAN'T just pop in a new battery.

How is THAT better?
I agree here as well if you use any phone excessively then it will die at least with these phones you can replace phones. You know what gets me the average person works were their phone will or can be on charge most of the day, so how is battery life a real issue?
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC Inspire 4G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Inspire 4G was released as the first phone to run on AT&T's 4G HSPA+ network. The device features a large, 4.3-inch display, 8MP camera capable of 720p HD video capture, and a 1GHz Snapdragon processor. The name of the game here is ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Inspire 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.