Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Inspire 4G

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #101 (permalink)
Member
 
Ferrari353's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 248
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 30
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotRedOnYou View Post
The $30 credit for store merchandise is only for this who preorder. To preorder, I believe, you must be eligible for an upgrade. One other, at least, has stated that they won't sell the phone sans contract. That may of been an isolated incident, however.
Well if I have to wait a week to get it, it would probably be at other places and Amazon has some good phone deals sometimes. Circuit City has good phone deals too.

Ferrari353 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #102 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimtyson View Post
I just realized something. RS didn't ask what color I want. So, how do they reserve a phone for me when they don't know if I want black or bronze? They aren't making the decision for me, right?

I think the dark greyish black is the only color as of now
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #103 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Does anyone know if Radioshack is still giving out that $50 coupon with the preorder of an Inspire? I have an upgrade and at At&t I would get it for $99. How much do you have to put towards the preorder? this will save me half a bill if I get it from Radioshack. Hopefully they can transfer my unlimited data otherwise i'd have to get it from At&t. Thanks in advance for future responses.
terrur87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #104 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
YouGotRedOnYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 321
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrur87 View Post
Does anyone know if Radioshack is still giving out that $50 coupon with the preorder of an Inspire? I have an upgrade and at At&t I would get it for $99. How much do you have to put towards the preorder? this will save me half a bill if I get it from Radioshack. Hopefully they can transfer my unlimited data otherwise i'd have to get it from At&t. Thanks in advance for future responses.
You purchase a $50 gift card in order to pre-order, and then in turn you apply that gift card towards the balance due of $99. Pre-order is only available until the 9th.
YouGotRedOnYou is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #105 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotRedOnYou View Post
You purchase a $50 gift card in order to pre-order, and then in turn you apply that gift card towards the balance due of $99. Pre-order is only available until the 9th.
Thanks for the reply. I read another post from you that said you get a $30 store credit towards accessories on a $50 pre order for the Inspire. Even if I have to pay the full $99, At&t is not throwing in $30 for accessories. If this is true I'm going to purchase mines from Radio Shack. A case to go along with the phone sounds perfect.
terrur87 is offline  
Last edited by terrur87; February 7th, 2011 at 08:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #106 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
YouGotRedOnYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 321
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Glad I can help you out here! As part of the promotion, you're given a $30 accessory coupon/voucher/whatever for accessories. Not sure how that will work in the end. Also, when I pre-ordered, my receipt listed a "survey" you could complete within 5 days. Once completed, they gave you a printable coupon worth $10 off a purchase of $40 or $50, too! Can't remember exactly.

Most of this is probably PRE-ORDER ONLY
YouGotRedOnYou is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:58 PM   #107 (permalink)
Member
 
thoffland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 138
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Tomorrow I Pre-order. For I am man. And I love shiny new electronics with discounts.
thoffland is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #108 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

And $10 from a coupon survey.. Definitely getting it from Radio Shack. Do you think they can transfer my unlimited data plan. Only thing thats going to hold me back from getting it at Radio Shack. At&t can do it for sure, no benefits along with the purchase though.
terrur87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #109 (permalink)
Member
 
Blanco720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 364
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoffland View Post
Tomorrow I Pre-order. For I am man. And I love shiny new electronics with discounts.
well played sir
Blanco720 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #110 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
YouGotRedOnYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 321
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrur87 View Post
And $10 from a coupon survey.. Definitely getting it from Radio Shack. Do you think they can transfer my unlimited data plan. Only thing thats going to hold me back from getting it at Radio Shack. At&t can do it for sure, no benefits along with the purchase though.
I'm not gonna be able to answer that one. Lol I don't know what they can do, never used them for phone stuff before.
YouGotRedOnYou is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #111 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotRedOnYou View Post
I'm not gonna be able to answer that one. Lol I don't know what they can do, never used them for phone stuff before.
Thanks hah. I'm going to visit my local Radio Shack tomorrow to find out. Hopefully I can get the same deal as you.
terrur87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #112 (permalink)
Member
 
thoffland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 138
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrur87 View Post
And $10 from a coupon survey.. Definitely getting it from Radio Shack. Do you think they can transfer my unlimited data plan. Only thing thats going to hold me back from getting it at Radio Shack. At&t can do it for sure, no benefits along with the purchase though.
I asked pretty much that same question to the RS I called. I heard (Probably from AndreaCristiano ) the data and phone plans are the same. RS said they could swap the SIM card for me, but I don't know if they realize there's a Micro sim in the iphone and a Macro sim for the Inspire, but maybe they carry sims in the store and can activate them.

Worse comes to worse, I think you could buy it at radioshack and go to the nearest ATT to make sure your plan etc remains as is.
thoffland is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #113 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoffland View Post
I asked pretty much that same question to the RS I called. I heard (Probably from AndreaCristiano ) the data and phone plans are the same. RS said they could swap the SIM card for me, but I don't know if they realize there's a Micro sim in the iphone and a Macro sim for the Inspire, but maybe they carry sims in the store and can activate them.

Worse comes to worse, I think you could buy it at radioshack and go to the nearest ATT to make sure your plan etc remains as is.
Maaaayyyyyybeeeee lol
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:51 PM   #114 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

I ordered mine today from Radio Shack and asked about the unlimited data plan following me. Im on a family plan and my daughters 3gs was up for an upgrade and my iphone 4 was not, so I asked about that too. I had used another lines upgrade before at an ATT store without any issues but never used Radio Shack. The salespeople called their ATT rep and said that all would be well, they just need to re-do a sim for the new phone and changing phones does nothing to your data plans. Hope everyone is getting the same info.
erict6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:13 AM   #115 (permalink)
Member
 
Loiselle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Detroit, MI, USA
Posts: 233
 
Device(s): Samsung Focus (Windows Phone 7)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Loiselle
Default

Seems like a lot of you have reserved it at The Shack or are talking about it. I might go check them out purely for their accessories. I'm still in search of a case. I'm sure it will get easier as the phone comes out.
Loiselle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 07:20 AM   #116 (permalink)
Member
 
Jogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 114
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotRedOnYou View Post
Glad I can help you out here! As part of the promotion, you're given a $30 accessory coupon/voucher/whatever for accessories. Not sure how that will work in the end. Also, when I pre-ordered, my receipt listed a "survey" you could complete within 5 days. Once completed, they gave you a printable coupon worth $10 off a purchase of $40 or $50, too! Can't remember exactly.

Most of this is probably PRE-ORDER ONLY

The survey coupon is $10 off $40. I will most likely get the otterbox commuter case if they have it and also some screen protectors. That should bring the total to about $40 so I can use the $30 credit and and $10 voucher from the survey.
Jogi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 09:51 AM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 125
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Guys, I just tried to preorder at two different Radio Shack and was denied at both. Pre-orders are for new activation only. To quote the last guy I talked to, "They will get in BIG trouble!"

Soooo- headed to AT&T corp store on Sunday.
jonhcox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:48 AM   #118 (permalink)
Member
 
rmreid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 330
 
Device(s): LG OG, Nexus 4, G Nexus, 1X, GS3, Galaxy Note Nexus 7, Tab 7+ Kindle HD 8.9, iPad4
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 117
Thanked 38 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Not the case at the local RS here taking any and all orders
rmreid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #119 (permalink)
Member
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South of Titletown
Posts: 286
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 31 Times in 27 Posts
Default

When I pre-ordered mine (off-contract) at Radio Shack, the order was taken by the store manager. He even stated they had a conference call about the Inspire with AT&T that very morning.

There obviously must be a lot of mis-information going around at Radio Shack if the store manager takes my off-contract order without batting an eye and other people are being denied because there will be "big trouble".
Chew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 12:22 PM   #120 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 125
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
When I pre-ordered mine (off-contract) at Radio Shack, the order was taken by the store manager. He even stated they had a conference call about the Inspire with AT&T that very morning.

There obviously must be a lot of mis-information going around at Radio Shack if the store manager takes my off-contract order without batting an eye and other people are being denied because there will be "big trouble".
I completely agree. Personally, the first store only had one person working and he was a douche. The second store had two employees- one didn't know about the Inspire and the manager said they I can only preorder if I was a new activation.

It's ok- if they don't want my business I'll take it elsewhere.
jonhcox is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:27 PM   #121 (permalink)
Member
 
Androidjunkee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 115
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 79 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari353 View Post
Well if I have to wait a week to get it, it would probably be at other places and Amazon has some good phone deals sometimes. Circuit City has good phone deals too.
I don't think you HAVE to be upgrading because I am buying the phone off contract and am not eligible till June and this was discussed with the RS employee when I preordered mine last week.

You can preorder and you can buy off contract for 449.99.. Also it is not a $50 'coupon' it is a gift card u will be using towards the purchase of the phone. You do get a $30 accessories bonus for preordering with RS.

Sorry, just seeing a lot of misinformation being posted in this thread and wanted to clear some things up. Can't wait till Sunday!
Androidjunkee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #122 (permalink)
Member
 
Androidjunkee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 115
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 79 Times in 27 Posts
Default

OK sorry I didn't see the others saying they have been denied. That's a little strange and I'm not sure what that's all about. I ordered mine no problems the day preorders went live.

That's BS for some of you guys. I'm sorry to hear that.
Androidjunkee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #123 (permalink)
Member
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South of Titletown
Posts: 286
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 31 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari353 View Post
Circuit City has good phone deals too.
This confused me at first! I had forgotten circuitcity.com still exists even though the B&M closed 2 years ago.
Chew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #124 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
YouGotRedOnYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 321
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
This confused me at first! I had forgotten circuitcity.com still exists even though the B&M closed 2 years ago.
Got some good Sony speakers through them a year ago. Glad the name still exists, and that it's not the original CC.
YouGotRedOnYou is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #125 (permalink)
Member
 
thoffland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 138
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

And this is why I'll be buying from ATT.

Went into RS today and was halfheartedly greeted by Tweedle-Dum. I asked him about the phone and in between his ever important and apparently humorous texts messages replied with a "huh?". (I'm now thinking I should walk out) Asked again, but then he was busy answering another customer about something that another rep was already helping with. (I should really walk out now) When I finally was graced with his attention he didn't know anything about the phone, only that phones with dual core processors were coming this year to which I responded that reviews claim that it's only going to be good for heavy multitasking and hardcore gaming since you only use one core at a time (I don't even care if I'm wrong at this point). After sending another text to the person who can't live without him for some reason, he replied "Still, it would be cool to have". (Ok I should leave now)

Then Tweedle-dee finished up with his customer to come join the "lets frustrate a potential customer" party. He didn't know much either. Said I could upgrade. Told him I wasn't eligible for upgrade then he said they couldn't do it. After I questioned it again he read more of the same paperwork he was staring at already and said, "oh, yes we can". I didn't even bother to confuse him by asking about the $30 gift card that they might offer as other stores did.

ATT is 2 doors down, I said I was going to check with them, to which they replied sure, come on back, we'll leave the paperwork here for you.

I walked over to ATT and, like a fairy tale, a beautiful and perky blonde girl pranced out from behind the booth with a welcoming greeting. Trying to keep my attention focused on the colorful berber carpet of the stores floor (I'm married) I asked about the phone. She stated that they will be getting them this weekend, took my name and number and gave me her card. She said she'd call me as soon as they arrived. I'll plan on being there at 12 on Sunday to pick mine up... still wondering how and why I ended up at the ATT store.
thoffland is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:03 PM   #126 (permalink)
Member
 
Androidjunkee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 115
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 79 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Alright fellas I just called my radioshack here in Tempe and they said the preorder is for anyone. I told them I wanted to make sure because I preordered mine already and they specifically said you don't have to be a new customer or be upgrading.

I would call and raise hell that other radioshacks are offering this and not yours. That's some bullsh1t
Androidjunkee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:05 PM   #127 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
YouGotRedOnYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 321
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoffland View Post
And this is why I'll be buying from ATT.

Went into RS today and was halfheartedly greeted by Tweedle-Dum. I asked him about the phone and in between his ever important and apparently humorous texts messages replied with a "huh?". (I'm now thinking I should walk out) Asked again, but then he was busy answering another customer about something that another rep was already helping with. (I should really walk out now) When I finally was graced with his attention he didn't know anything about the phone, only that phones with dual core processors were coming this year to which I responded that reviews claim that it's only going to be good for heavy multitasking and hardcore gaming since you only use one core at a time (I don't even care if I'm wrong at this point). After sending another text to the person who can't live without him for some reason, he replied "Still, it would be cool to have". (Ok I should leave now)

Then Tweedle-dee finished up with his customer to come join the "lets frustrate a potential customer" party. He didn't know much either. Said I could upgrade. Told him I wasn't eligible for upgrade then he said they couldn't do it. After I questioned it again he read more of the same paperwork he was staring at already and said, "oh, yes we can". I didn't even bother to confuse him by asking about the $30 gift card that they might offer as other stores did.

ATT is 2 doors down, I said I was going to check with them, to which they replied sure, come on back, we'll leave the paperwork here for you.

I walked over to ATT and, like a fairy tale, a beautiful and perky blonde girl pranced out from behind the booth with a welcoming greeting. Trying to keep my attention focused on the colorful berber carpet of the stores floor (I'm married) I asked about the phone. She stated that they will be getting them this weekend, took my name and number and gave me her card. She said she'd call me as soon as they arrived. I'll plan on being there at 12 on Sunday to pick mine up... still wondering how and why I ended up at the ATT store.
Cool, but also not, story. Sorry the RS twins were too (trying to be nice) dimwitted to be helpful.

On the bright side, you got to experience the time of a "perky" blonde. Those are the shit! Let us know how it pans out for you.

BTW...good job averting your eyes! lol
YouGotRedOnYou is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #128 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 36
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

When I went to my local RS, they said I could pre-order the phone if I was paying retail, but I wouldn't be eligible for the $30 bonus. Have any of you payed retail (i.e., wasn't eligible for an upgrade) but still got the $30?
ttusomeone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #129 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Just visited my local Radio Shack today to pre-order the Inspire. There were already flyers up that advertised the phone and its low $99.00 price near the registers. I pre-ordered the phone for $50 which they give you back as a gift card towards the purchase. I believe the sales worker said the phone was gonna total to about $140 tax included off a 2 year upgrade. I will receive $30 store credit towards accessories, etc after the full purchase of the phone on the 13th. I also received a long receipt that did include $10 off a $40 purchase by completing a survey which i'm going to complete and possibly use towards the purchase of the phone. I'm also selling in 3 old cell phones I have laying around since they accept used phones for credit. My Htc Fuze, Sony Erricsson w580i, and my Nokia E72. This will possibly cover my whole phone purchase. Definitely recommend going through Radio Shack. I'm also going to be able to keep my unlimited data plan all I need to do is swap my sim card to the Inspire. Definitely happy i'm going to be the first one to touch the phone. Can't wait.
terrur87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #130 (permalink)
Member
 
thoffland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 138
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotRedOnYou View Post
BTW...good job averting your eyes! lol
Thanks, it was definitely one of the more challenging moments in life!

BTW they are going to hold a phone for me, so for those of you who are getting it from the store, maybe you can ask about that.
thoffland is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #131 (permalink)
Member
 
Chapp1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 350
 
Device(s): Inspire 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrur87 View Post
just visited my local radio shack today to pre-order the inspire. There were already flyers up that advertised the phone and its low $99.00 price near the registers. I pre-ordered the phone for $50 which they give you back as a gift card towards the purchase. I believe the sales worker said the phone was gonna total to about $140 tax included off a 2 year upgrade. I will receive $30 store credit towards accessories, etc after the full purchase of the phone on the 13th. I also received a long receipt that did include $10 off a $40 purchase by completing a survey which i'm going to complete and possibly use towards the purchase of the phone. I'm also selling in 3 old cell phones i have laying around since they accept used phones for credit. My htc fuze, sony erricsson w580i, and my nokia e72. This will possibly cover my whole phone purchase. Definitely recommend going through radio shack. I'm also going to be able to keep my unlimited data plan all i need to do is swap my sim card to the inspire. Definitely happy i'm going to be the first one to touch the phone. Can't wait.
140?
Chapp1e is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:10 PM   #132 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapp1e View Post
140?
$140 total using a 2 year upgrade. $50 gift card from the preorder, another $50 for the other half and $40 sales tax when I pick up the phone, as I was told by the worker.
terrur87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #133 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
YouGotRedOnYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 321
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrur87 View Post
$140 total using a 2 year upgrade. $50 gift card from the preorder, another $50 for the other half and $40 sales tax when I pick up the phone, as I was told by the worker.
That's a lot of sales tax..... 40%?
YouGotRedOnYou is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #134 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotRedOnYou View Post
That's a lot of sales tax..... 40%?
Surprised me as well at first she said the total was going to be $150, but I made her check again and she said $140. She said the sales tax is high because off contract its a $450 phone. Are you buying yours off contract?
terrur87 is offline  
Last edited by terrur87; February 8th, 2011 at 05:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:22 PM   #135 (permalink)
Member
 
Chapp1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 350
 
Device(s): Inspire 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I don't understand that. What's the sales tax in your area? it's 6% here and that brings it to 477 without contract.
Chapp1e is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #136 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapp1e View Post
I don't understand that. What's the sales tax in your area? it's 6% here and that brings it to 477 without contract.
9%
terrur87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #137 (permalink)
Member
 
Chapp1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 350
 
Device(s): Inspire 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrur87 View Post
9%
DAMN!

Where do you live that it's that high?
Chapp1e is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #138 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapp1e View Post
DAMN!

Where do you live that it's that high?
The sales tax is taken off the full retail price of the phone which is $450. Thats why the sales tax is so high. I live in the Bay Area.
terrur87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #139 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
YouGotRedOnYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 321
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

I'm buying on contrat at $99. Include sales tax = $106 rounded up. Probably include the famous $18 fee from AT&T to upgrade, still only nets $124. Something ain't right there at $140.
YouGotRedOnYou is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #140 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotRedOnYou View Post
I'm buying on contrat at $99. Include sales tax = $106 rounded up. Probably include the famous $18 fee from AT&T to upgrade, still only nets $124. Something ain't right there at $140.
I'm gonna make sure everything's cleared up before the purchase. I'm just glad I got one pre-ordered. I'm sure i'm not paying much anyways since im selling off 3 phones to them towards the Inspire.
terrur87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #141 (permalink)
Member
 
Chapp1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 350
 
Device(s): Inspire 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrur87 View Post
The sales tax is taken off the full retail price of the phone which is $450. Thats why the sales tax is so high. I live in the Bay Area.

Wait, what? if you are buying it for $99 then you are charged for a 99$ sales tax, not a $450 sales tax. If that was the case, I could sell you 59 cent gum and charge you for a $1000 purchase because that's the amount of 59 cent gum I ordered in my last invoice.
Chapp1e is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #142 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapp1e View Post
Wait, what? if you are buying it for $99 then you are charged for a 99$ sales tax, not a $450 sales tax. If that was the case, I could sell you 59 cent gum and charge you for a $1000 purchase because that's the amount of 59 cent gum I ordered in my last invoice.
*Upgrade fee including 9% sales tax.
terrur87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #143 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
YouGotRedOnYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 321
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

still closer to $127. hmmmmm
YouGotRedOnYou is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #144 (permalink)
Member
 
Chapp1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 350
 
Device(s): Inspire 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default

How much is your upgrade fee? Sales tax is obviously only 9 bucks.
Chapp1e is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #145 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
YouGotRedOnYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 321
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapp1e View Post
How much is your upgrade fee? Sales tax is obviously only 9 bucks.
I believe the standard for qualified lines is $18
YouGotRedOnYou is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:52 PM   #146 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapp1e View Post
How much is your upgrade fee? Sales tax is obviously only 9 bucks.
Since im getting a subsidized price on the phone through the upgrade i'm paying a $40 sales tax off the full retail price of the phone $450. CA state law. I just got off the phone with a worker. You guys were getting me confused, sorry for all the miscommunication.
terrur87 is offline  
Last edited by terrur87; February 8th, 2011 at 05:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #147 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
YouGotRedOnYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 321
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrur87 View Post
Since im getting a subsidized price on the phone through the upgrade i'm paying a $40 sales tax off the full retail price of the phone $450. CA state law. I just got off the phone with a worker.
holy crap! That's one insane law for Cali. You buy a subsidized phone, which you are paying for over a two year contract essentially, and they still make you pay tax on something on an amount you aren't paying for....where's the logic in that?
YouGotRedOnYou is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #148 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotRedOnYou View Post
holy crap! That's one insane law for Cali. You buy a subsidized phone, which you are paying for over a two year contract essentially, and they still make you pay tax on something on an amount you aren't paying for....where's the logic in that?
?.. I don't make these insane laws
terrur87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #149 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
YouGotRedOnYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 321
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrur87 View Post
?.. I don't make these insane laws
Nope. Just pulled this up, and I am shocked. I feel your pain, brother....
YouGotRedOnYou is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #150 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello all, I found this forum while researching the Captivate and then the Inspire. I think I am pretty sold on the Inspire So from reading this thread, it seems like I can't pre-order from RS tomorrow? (I am not eligible for upgrade with AT&T until this Friday) Then again, it kind of sounds like people are getting luck of the draw depending on their RS location?
loredona is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC Inspire 4G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Inspire 4G was released as the first phone to run on AT&T's 4G HSPA+ network. The device features a large, 4.3-inch display, 8MP camera capable of 720p HD video capture, and a 1GHz Snapdragon processor. The name of the game here is ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Inspire 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.