February 16th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Join Date: Feb 2011
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts
No networks are found
1. Ensure that Airplane Mode is disabled.
· Press and hold the Power button.
· A new screen should come up and you should see “Airplane mode is OFF” under the listing for Airplane Mode.
2. Ensure the Wi-Fi is turned on.
· Home>Menu>Settings>Wireless &networks. Ensure that Wi-Fi is checked.
· Tap Wi-Fi settings, and you should see a list of wireless networks.
3. Touch the network listing that you would like to connect to and the connection process should begin.
· If the network requires a passcode, you will be prompted to enter the code before the connection is completed.
· If you are connecting to a network that requires you agree to Terms & Conditions, after you connect you will need to launch the browser and complete the providers requirements.
· If you are connecting to a Hidden Network with a non broadcasted SSID, that network will not show up under detected available networks. In order to connect to a hidden network, you will need to select “Add Wi-Fi Network” on the Wi-Fi settings page and manually enter in the settings for said network.
If still no success
· Attempt to connect in different locations.
· If no networks are detected, soft reset and retest.
· If the issue persists, Hard Reset the device and retest.
· If the problem persists, the device can be considered for an Exchange.
Desired network does not show up as an option
1. Verify that the user is not trying to connect to a hidden/non broadcasting network.
4. Is the network within range?
· Try changing locations and attempting to connect to other hotspots.
5. Perform a Soft Reset
· If the problem still remains, perform a Hard Reset.
6. If the issue remains and NO OTHER Devices are able to detect the same network, this is likely an issue with the Wi-Fi Router and the device should not be exchanged. If the device cannot detect any network after the Hard Reset, it can then be considered for an exchange.
- If that’s the case the user will have to manually enter the name of the Wi-Fi network.
- Home>Menu>Settings>Wireless &networks>Wi-Fi settings, then select Add Wi-Fi network.
, Inspire 4G