Originally Posted by mscris
I'm semi-new to the whole Android thing...let alone changing the ROM. I had no choice but to do it with my HD2 because it was either give it a shot or downgrade to Blackberry. Do you have any suggestions? Previously I was using a MT4G...and that was pretty easy to navigate. PS thanks for the response ~*^_^*~
Did you try that join option I mentioned? If that still doesn't help then you could either flash a new ROM or you could try using SyncMyPix from the market if all you want to do is pull over their pictures.
I flashed the prj Clean Desire ROM on a buddy's HD2 and he really likes it. It's a Sense-based ROM so it should sync your contacts better. If you want to give it a shot, the download link is in the first post here:
[12 JAN] prj Clean Desire v0.3.2 [Kernel: prj v0.4] - xda-developers
It's actually very easy to flash a new ROM, especially since you already have Android on there (which means all of the pre-reqs installed). Basically you just do this:
1. Download the RUU (ROM Update Utility) to your computer. This is just a .exe file that you run, so it will have to be a Windows system (boo). It might run under Wine on Linux but I have never tried.
2. Connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable.
3. Power down the phone and then press and hold the power button and keep holding it while it boots up. It should load up into a program called MAGLDR.
4. Select option 4 (I think?) to put it into USB flasher mode.
5. Run the RUU that you downloaded in step 1 and just follow the instructions.
If you do flash a new ROM then make sure your contacts are all backed up first (in Google for example). If you want to save your text messages then use SMS Backup and Restore from the market to back them up. After you load up the new ROM you can just restore from the file it created (which will take a good 10 minutes or so to restore).