Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > HTC Leo (HD2)

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 28th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
tony6785
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Smile htc hd2 help!

i am having trouble making calls on my unlocked htc hd2 phone. even with a signal, calls cannot be completed. the phone is running on android 2.2 R 2.15.50.14 G 15.42.50 11U D 3.14.04666 8G AND SPL-3.03.HSPL XE Is there something i need to change. i can only run android from sd only. all other attempts otherwise results in freezing on T-Mobile "sticking together" screen. and yes i am new to all of this.

Advertisements
 
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 29th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
zflamewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Atl
Posts: 290
 
Device(s): Asus TF201 - ICS HTC Vivid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 51
Thanked 55 Times in 47 Posts
Default

I'm not familiar with the specific model of phone you have but I'll try best as I can. When you try to place a call what happens? Does it dial and you get an error message from the telco or does it just sit there? What do you mean you can only run Android from SD only? Have you tried powering the phone off and back on to see if anything changes?
__________________
- Scott
Coming Soon: "Something Witty This Way Comes"
Rules of the Road | If you find a post helpful please hit the thanks button.
zflamewing is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zflamewing For This Useful Post:
Old January 29th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
{<>}~{<>}
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Loganville, GA
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,652
 
Device(s): HTC One M7 / HTC One M8
Carrier: Sprint One

Thanks: 2,920
Thanked 3,157 Times in 2,372 Posts
Default

First thing you need to do is, update the phone's "PRL and Data Profile." If these two features are updated and problem still exist - reset the device to its original state. If all these troubleshooting fails, then you might have a problem with your carrier or the device is defective.

Good luck. Let's know how this turns out.
__________________
"Accept the things you cannot change, have the courage to change the things you can ...And have the Wisdom to know the difference".


Rush is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rush For This Useful Post:
Old January 29th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum
 
lunatic59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,826
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1, Nook Color, Asus Transformer T-1
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 8,332
Thanked 13,234 Times in 7,235 Posts
Default

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the HD2 a Windows Mobile phone? I found a good listing of the roms available for Android here, which means that many have successfully been able to install Android on this phone, but still, I can understand the problems you are having.
__________________
_
If the information is useful, Like the post, if the person was helpful, Thank the member.
RULES: Lest we forget | This part of signature intentionally left blank.
_________________________________________________

No Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers were harmed in the composition of this message.
lunatic59 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lunatic59 For This Useful Post:
Old January 29th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
tony6785
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zflamewing View Post
I'm not familiar with the specific model of phone you have but I'll try best as I can. When you try to place a call what happens? Does it dial and you get an error message from the telco or does it just sit there? What do you mean you can only run Android from SD only? Have you tried powering the phone off and back on to see if anything changes?

When making a call it just shows "dialing" but it never connects or rings, I have tried to run android rom directly from phone and it freezes up but if I run it from SD cards everything is good to go. Not a big deal but I thought it was a little odd.
 
Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
tony6785
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush Lindsay View Post
First thing you need to do is, update the phone's "PRL and Data Profile." If these two features are updated and problem still exist - reset the device to its original state. If all these troubleshooting fails, then you might have a problem with your carrier or the device is defective.

Good luck. Let's know how this turns out.

OK. Thanks I will give it a whirl.
 
Last edited by tony6785; January 29th, 2012 at 01:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
tony6785
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic59 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the HD2 a Windows Mobile phone? I found a good listing of the roms available for Android here, which means that many have successfully been able to install Android on this phone, but still, I can understand the problems you are having.

Yes it is a windows phone. I will check the other roms. Thanks.
 
Last edited by tony6785; January 29th, 2012 at 01:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
zflamewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Atl
Posts: 290
 
Device(s): Asus TF201 - ICS HTC Vivid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 51
Thanked 55 Times in 47 Posts
Default

@luna, when he said running android from SD I started to wonder if it wasn't native to his phone.

@Ton, I see you're starting to venture beyond my realm of expertise at this point. I hope everything works out for you.
zflamewing is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zflamewing For This Useful Post:
Old January 29th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
tony6785
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

how do i check to see if the PRL and Data Profile needs updated. and if they do how is that done?
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > HTC Leo (HD2)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.