Originally Posted by Carl C
So have you managed to Get it working?
To behonest yes and no! I got it working and managed to access the internet and the market place at work using credit but at home it is very tempermentle with my router it is connected and I can access it sometimes but mostly not.
I spoke to O2 for some settings and they forwarded:
*PLEASE NOTE* - All steps must be completed to ensure the settings are correctly configured.
Please ensure that when entering 'O2' into the settings that the letter 'O' is selected and not a zero.
1. Tap 'Start'.
2. Tap 'Settings'.
3. Tap the 'Connections' tab.
4. Tap 'Connections'.
5. Under the 'Mobile Web' section tap 'Add a new modem connection'.
6. Enter name for connection of 'O2 Mobile Web'.
7. Select modem type, choose 'Cellular Line (GPRS , 3G).
8. Tap 'Next'.
9. Enter Access Point Name of 'payandgo.o2.co.uk
10. Tap 'Next'.
11. Enter the User name of 'payandgo'.
12. Enter the password of 'password'.
13. Tap 'Advanced'.
14. On the TCP/IP tab, tap 'Use server-asssigned IP address.
15. Tap the 'Servers' tab and tap 'Use specific server address'.
16. Tap on 'DNS' and enter '22.214.171.124'.
17. Tap on 'Alt DNS' and enter '126.96.36.199'.
18. Tap 'OK'.
19. Tap 'Finish'.
20. Under the 'Mobile Web' section tap 'Manage existing connections'.
21. Tap your new connection so it has a spot next to it, this will make it your active settings.
22. Tap 'OK'.
As you will see this is not the exact setup and steps for the magic so I am not 100% certain I have it set correctly?!
My interpretation of this is settings>wireless controls>mobile networks>access point names
Once there I then had a play around with the steps above untill something worked!!
My setup goes as follows:
o2 mobile web
I am sorry if this is draging on but I once I get a bee in my bonnet I have to find a fix!!!
If i can ask any/all of you to have a check through your settings and let me know if anything is different. Please put your network provider and whether your on contract or payandgo.