February 21st, 2013, 10:23 PM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Oz
Device(s): HTC ReZound,
Thanked 4,024 Times in 2,437 Posts
If you have followed the instructions from Ramshackle below... I'm clueless.
To perform a Factory Reset on a HTC Magic:
1. With the device turned off, (remove and re-insert battery) press and hold the HOME and POWER buttons Until the Yellow Triangle is displayed ( this can take 15-20 seconds, continue to hold both buttons
2. When the Yellow Triangle is displayed, release the HOME and POWER Keys
3. Hold the HOME key, with this held down press and release the POWER key
4. Release the HOME Key, using the Trackball, scroll down to wipe data/factory reset and click the trackball The device has now been reset.
5. Using the Trackball scroll up to reboot and click the Trackball.