Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC One X/XL

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 9th, 2012, 03:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default HTC ONE X speed issues

Hi every one.
I got this nice phone a few days ago and very satisfied.
I should tell i'm new with those android phones and never had one before.
I've found some issues with this phone (or with ICS).

1. unbelievable lag when i play the game defender 2
seriously don't know why. the phone had enough battery to be run in 1500Mhz frequency.
here are the links of videos to compare

my phone (htc one x) running defender 2 very slow
playing defender 2 with HTC ONE X - YouTube

htc hd(? maybe) running defender 2 with almost no lag
Defender 2 - Stage 440 (Android Game)(Defender II) - YouTube

and the subtle lag happens when playing samurai vs zombies. which i don't think it should happen on 1.5Ghz Quadcore cpu.


2. subtle lags when i push recent apps button and home screen button. but it gets faster when i do it again. And i can't really explain how it gets slow but those lags are pretty noticeable.


3. HTC ONE X scrolling - YouTube
Here's another video showing lag on HTC ONE X.
this is gmail widget. and as you can see the scrolling is not very smooth and sometimes wrong touch happens.

Also I've done bechmark test with antutu and quadrant and the result were pretty much same as the result on internet.


if you have htc one x, check those issues please.
Thanks

*sorry for my limited english

r4jin is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 9th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

does anyone have same issue??
the review threads say there's zero lag on the phone. but i can feel it while scrolling and flipping over screens...
r4jin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Beware The Milky Pirate!
 
El Presidente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 26,585
 
Device(s): Xperia Z1, Nexus 7 3G, HTC One X, SGS3 Mini
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 14,023
Thanked 15,816 Times in 8,487 Posts
Default

The recent apps button can case a little lag, but as for scrolling between home screens, I can't say I've noticed.

The Defender game you mentioned above, I've no idea why that would be laggy, maybe it's not properly coded for multiple cores?
__________________
Site Rules & Guidelines / Staff List / Ask the Staff
Want to bring naughty posts to our attention? Use:
Be respectful to each other - That's what we're all about.
El Presidente is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
The recent apps button can case a little lag, but as for scrolling between home screens, I can't say I've noticed.

The Defender game you mentioned above, I've no idea why that would be laggy, maybe it's not properly coded for multiple cores?
Thanks for your reply. I can't stop thinking that my phone is faulty
r4jin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Beware The Milky Pirate!
 
El Presidente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 26,585
 
Device(s): Xperia Z1, Nexus 7 3G, HTC One X, SGS3 Mini
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 14,023
Thanked 15,816 Times in 8,487 Posts
Default

Is it all the time, or just when the handset has woken up/you've unlocked the screen it's a little laggy?
El Presidente is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default Same problems

I came on here looking for people with the same problem so I'm glad it's not just me.
I think for a quad-core phone clocked at 1.5ghz, the lag I'm getting is ridiculous, especially as the same games ran perfectly on my Desire HD, single core 1ghz. I installed a CPU spy app and after running games that lagged, discovered the top end of the processor was hardly being used. 340mhz was the most I was getting on simple games. High graphic games seem to work fine
Lukeyy96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
Is it all the time, or just when the handset has woken up/you've unlocked the screen it's a little laggy?
well, it happens after waking up the phone, closing apps, moving between apps or others...
It is prob the chronic issue of android which i just have to go along with.
cuz even i haven't used android phone before, i saw some people using android phone and knew they had some lag problem. So i though 'well quad-core phone wouldn't have that kind of issue' and chose the phone.
anway i'm glad that this problem isn't only happening to me but to others. haha

hope htc or android fixes those bugs as soon as possible.

thanks
r4jin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy96 View Post
I came on here looking for people with the same problem so I'm glad it's not just me.
I think for a quad-core phone clocked at 1.5ghz, the lag I'm getting is ridiculous, especially as the same games ran perfectly on my Desire HD, single core 1ghz. I installed a CPU spy app and after running games that lagged, discovered the top end of the processor was hardly being used. 340mhz was the most I was getting on simple games. High graphic games seem to work fine
thanks god my phone is not faulty! haha
yeh i checked the usage of cpu cores with cpu tuner app and the app indicates that most of time only cpu0 works taking 80% of job and other lazy 3cores are just not moving their lazy asses.... and it's pretty weird..
weird.....
weird........
r4jin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4jin View Post
thanks god my phone is not faulty! haha
yeh i checked the usage of cpu cores with cpu tuner app and the app indicates that most of time only cpu0 works taking 80% of job and other lazy 3cores are just not moving their lazy asses.... and it's pretty weird..
weird.....
weird........
Install CPU Spy and you'll see what I mean. Reset the timers, run something that you know lags on the phone and go back to the spy app. 1500mhz is never used
Lukeyy96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy96 View Post
Install CPU Spy and you'll see what I mean. Reset the timers, run something that you know lags on the phone and go back to the spy app. 1500mhz is never used
Yeh I got what you mean
while i was playing 'samurai vs zombies defense' which is simple, not too heavy but running laggy on my phone, I've got this result
1500 Mhz none
1400 6%
1300, 1200, 1100 none
1000 Mhz 25%
880, 760 4%, 6%
640 12%
475 11%
340 31% (WTF?)

well I'm not sure if this is what HTC intended to save battery on quad-core device..
r4jin is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've just tested the cpu playing Riptide GP (3D, heavy) feeling a little laggy.
the result was
1500 ~ 1100 none
1000Mhz 34%
880~340 (17%~7%)

again.
weird
why the cores never work over 1100Mhz??
r4jin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4jin View Post
Yeh I got what you mean
while i was playing 'samurai vs zombies defense' which is simple, not too heavy but running laggy on my phone, I've got this result
1500 Mhz none
1400 6%
1300, 1200, 1100 none
1000 Mhz 25%
880, 760 4%, 6%
640 12%
475 11%
340 31% (WTF?)

well I'm not sure if this is what HTC intended to save battery on quad-core device..
I played dead space for 5 minutes and only got a max of 1000mhz :S
Lukeyy96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gibbs1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hemel Hempstead (North West London), England
Posts: 946
 
Device(s): HTC Sensation, Motorola Xoom, HTC One X & HTC One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 205 Times in 134 Posts
Default

I'm experiencing lag moving between homescreens.

Does anyone else also think that it takes a bit too long to unlock the phone, from pressing the power button to the screen lighting up must take about half a second?
__________________
HTC One
ROM: Android Revolution HD 40.2 Sense: 5.5 OS: 4.4
Motorola Xoom 32gb (+32gb SD Card) UK WiFi Only
ROM: Team EOS 4 Jelly Bean Wingray Nightlies
gibbs1984 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs1984 View Post
I'm experiencing lag moving between homescreens.

Does anyone else also think that it takes a bit too long to unlock the phone, from pressing the power button to the screen lighting up must take about half a second?
yes exactly same here.
I need to check other android phones to see if they have same lag problem as ONE X...
r4jin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gibbs1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hemel Hempstead (North West London), England
Posts: 946
 
Device(s): HTC Sensation, Motorola Xoom, HTC One X & HTC One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 205 Times in 134 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4jin View Post
yes exactly same here.
I need to check other android phones to see if they have same lag problem as ONE X...
My Sensation unlocks instantly.
gibbs1984 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I've e-mailed HTC's help centre addressing this problem. Hopefully they'll reply soon. I'll let you know what they have to say for themselves. I bought the One X for amazing speed, my old Desire HD seems to run quicker.
Lukeyy96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Beware The Milky Pirate!
 
El Presidente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 26,585
 
Device(s): Xperia Z1, Nexus 7 3G, HTC One X, SGS3 Mini
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 14,023
Thanked 15,816 Times in 8,487 Posts
Default

I can't honestly say I'd noticed the "lag" when powering on the screen. It's not instantaneous, but I wouldn't say it's cause for concern.

I'd hazard a guess and say it could be due to the fact the companion core is active whilst the screen is off? Dependant on the Governors used, it might take an extra couple of milliseconds to switch between that and the main CPU's? That is just a guess though, I could be way off the mark.
El Presidente is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
I can't honestly say I'd noticed the "lag" when powering on the screen. It's not instantaneous, but I wouldn't say it's cause for concern.

I'd hazard a guess and say it could be due to the fact the companion core is active whilst the screen is off? Dependant on the Governors used, it might take an extra couple of milliseconds to switch between that and the main CPU's? That is just a guess though, I could be way off the mark.
It's not just this though, CPU spy apps say the maximum frequency og the processor is hardly ever used. It's not like the phone can't handle it, it's almost as if it's just lazy and refuses to utilise the power when it's required
Lukeyy96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
Beware The Milky Pirate!
 
El Presidente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 26,585
 
Device(s): Xperia Z1, Nexus 7 3G, HTC One X, SGS3 Mini
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 14,023
Thanked 15,816 Times in 8,487 Posts
Default

It depends on how the game has been coded, are any of the games you've tried been optimised for Tegra 3? I've only really played Samurai Vengeance THD and I wouldn't say I've noticed lagging at all.

I'm not saying there isn't something wrong, I'm just looking at possible reasons for the it.
El Presidente is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to El Presidente For This Useful Post:
s.m.knipe (April 10th, 2012)
Old April 9th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Tegra 3 optimised games seem to work okay, and other graphical games. It's just the simple ones for me. Even doodle jump lags sometimes and the processor's just not even trying to cancel out the lag
Lukeyy96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 9th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gibbs1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hemel Hempstead (North West London), England
Posts: 946
 
Device(s): HTC Sensation, Motorola Xoom, HTC One X & HTC One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 205 Times in 134 Posts
Default

The problem I think is that the companion core only goes to 500mhz, the other cores only really come on when using an app, so switching between homescreens only relies on the companion core, I could be wrong with that last bit, would explain the lag though, hopefully someone can address this in a custom kernel.

As said above, the other cores just don't seem to do alot unless you're playing a game, which would mean that my CPU speeds will be lower than I had on my Sensation, I like the idea on the companion core but unless the other cores kick in straight away for the OS then they're pretty redundant, I don't play that many games so was just hoping that the 4 other cores would be faster when browsing etc, no go though

Look forward to the reply from HTC Lukeyy96
gibbs1984 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs1984 View Post
The problem I think is that the companion core only goes to 500mhz, the other cores only really come on when using an app, so switching between homescreens only relies on the companion core, I could be wrong with that last bit, would explain the lag though, hopefully someone can address this in a custom kernel.

As said above, the other cores just don't seem to do alot unless you're playing a game, which would mean that my CPU speeds will be lower than I had on my Sensation, I like the idea on the companion core but unless the other cores kick in straight away for the OS then they're pretty redundant, I don't play that many games so was just hoping that the 4 other cores would be faster when browsing etc, no go though

Look forward to the reply from HTC Lukeyy96
Yeah it's a real shame to One X owners, especially as everyone was expecting such speeds. I think HTC need to make sure that the cores work together so that lag never occurs
Lukeyy96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Beware The Milky Pirate!
 
El Presidente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 26,585
 
Device(s): Xperia Z1, Nexus 7 3G, HTC One X, SGS3 Mini
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 14,023
Thanked 15,816 Times in 8,487 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs1984 View Post
The problem I think is that the companion core only goes to 500mhz, the other cores only really come on when using an app, so switching between homescreens only relies on the companion core, I could be wrong with that last bit, would explain the lag though, hopefully someone can address this in a custom kernel.
There's some info on how the cores operate here: [DEV] HTC One X firmware | Partitions Info | [25.03.2012] - xda-developers

From what I can gather reading that, Android only recognises the 4 cores; the companion core is only recognised by Tegra architecture so would that mean a custom kernel wouldn't solve things?
El Presidente is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gibbs1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hemel Hempstead (North West London), England
Posts: 946
 
Device(s): HTC Sensation, Motorola Xoom, HTC One X & HTC One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 205 Times in 134 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
There's some info on how the cores operate here: [DEV] HTC One X firmware | Partitions Info | [25.03.2012] - xda-developers

From what I can gather reading that, Android only recognises the 4 cores; the companion core is only recognised by Tegra architecture so would that mean a custom kernel wouldn't solve things?
Yeah, read that thread before. Forgot about that actually, so yeah perhaps a custom kernel wouldn't solve the problem, could solve the problem with making the other 4 cores come online more often and at better speeds though?
gibbs1984 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Sauske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 524
 
Device(s): Evo 4G LTE & Galaxy S II - Sprint
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 351 Times in 185 Posts
Default

I seen a review online, and the guy stated the same issue as your's! Then repost that he reset the phone to factory default and lag issue no longer exist!
Sauske is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sauske For This Useful Post:
gibbs1984 (April 9th, 2012)
Old April 9th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gibbs1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hemel Hempstead (North West London), England
Posts: 946
 
Device(s): HTC Sensation, Motorola Xoom, HTC One X & HTC One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 205 Times in 134 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
I seen a review online, and the guy stated the same issue as your's! Then repost that he reset the phone to factory default and lag issue no longer exist!
Thanks, I'll try that after work tomorrow
gibbs1984 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
I seen a review online, and the guy stated the same issue as your's! Then repost that he reset the phone to factory default and lag issue no longer exist!
I've tried factory reset like 10 times. but I still have the issue. The phone seems to get faster right after resetting (still has lag with home button and recent app button).

So I don't think that is the solution.
r4jin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gibbs1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hemel Hempstead (North West London), England
Posts: 946
 
Device(s): HTC Sensation, Motorola Xoom, HTC One X & HTC One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 205 Times in 134 Posts
Default

Hopefully HTC come out with a patch or new firmware sooner rather than later, it shouldn't be this bad with a new phone, I expect niggles but not this bad.
gibbs1984 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gibbs1984 For This Useful Post:
MCDeamer (April 10th, 2012)
Old April 10th, 2012, 03:04 AM   #29 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey guys,

Ive been playing with my phone (HTC One X) and i found that if the following is selected it slows down the phone. It loads everytime i pressed the home button (middle bottom) for about 5secs or longer as i assume its shutting down your previous operation/app. Have a go yourselves:

Go to: 'Settings' - scroll down to 'Developer Options' -scroll down to 'Apps' section - UNCHECK 'Don't keep Activities' and 'Show all ANRS'

That might solve some problems, might not have been selected in the first place.
Hope this helps
MCDeamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default HTC official reply

As I said before I'd sent a message to HTC and attached a screenshot of the CPU frequencies after running a simple game that lagged. Their response answers our question but doesn't solve our problem unfortunately :/ He said that a lot of applications don't support multi-core processors and so the power isn't used. I'm not giving up yet so I'll keep you posted.
What might work for people with lagging home screens is if you go to settings, apps, all, scroll down to HTC sense, clear data + clear cache, then switch off your phone for 30 seconds or so, it should clear things up.
Lukeyy96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lukeyy96 For This Useful Post:
gibbs1984 (April 10th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gibbs1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hemel Hempstead (North West London), England
Posts: 946
 
Device(s): HTC Sensation, Motorola Xoom, HTC One X & HTC One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 205 Times in 134 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy96 View Post
As I said before I'd sent a message to HTC and attached a screenshot of the CPU frequencies after running a simple game that lagged. Their response answers our question but doesn't solve our problem unfortunately :/ He said that a lot of applications don't support multi-core processors and so the power isn't used. I'm not giving up yet so I'll keep you posted.
What might work for people with lagging home screens is if you go to settings, apps, all, scroll down to HTC sense, clear data + clear cache, then switch off your phone for 30 seconds or so, it should clear things up.
I'm sorry but that is a sh*t response from HTC, either don't release a phone when the majority of apps won't use the power or design a phone (along with the processor) that can couple perfectly with dual core apps and quad core apps etc, I bet Samsung don't release a quad core phone that can't handle normal apps properly.

Trying the clear data and restart, hopefully it works.

Sorry, didn't want it to seem like I was having a go at you

EDIT: Clearing data and the cache from Sense seems to have helped, will have to see what it's like when I put all my folders back on, if it didn't clear all my homescreens then I wouldn't mind this as a temporary fix, good shout though.
gibbs1984 is offline  
Last edited by gibbs1984; April 10th, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jackdubl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 959
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII(rooted), Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE (rooted), HTC Thunderbolt(rooted/sold), HTC I
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 43
Thanked 108 Times in 87 Posts
Default

New tech. Software is always behind hardware, folks.
jackdubl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
s.m.knipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Martinsburg, WV & Portales, NM
Posts: 939
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Craptivate, Nexus 1, G1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 305
Thanked 242 Times in 129 Posts
s.m.knipe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs1984 View Post
I'm sorry but that is a sh*t response from HTC, either don't release a phone when the majority of apps won't use the power or design a phone (along with the processor) that can couple perfectly with dual core apps and quad core apps etc, I bet Samsung don't release a quad core phone that can't handle normal apps properly.

Trying the clear data and restart, hopefully it works.

Sorry, didn't want it to seem like I was having a go at you

EDIT: Clearing data and the cache from Sense seems to have helped, will have to see what it's like when I put all my folders back on, if it didn't clear all my homescreens then I wouldn't mind this as a temporary fix, good shout though.
Actually, Moto gave the same crappy response about bugginess with the tegra 2 processor. And to many extents they are correct- the hardware is something that developers need to program toward or take into account, but when the manufacturer's own apps are buggy, that is just poor workmanship on their part.
s.m.knipe is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

yeh right. HTC can't do anything with the apps that don't support multi-core.
But why is the phone giving lag on homescreen when you press power button to wake up the phone. this is well made phone. but I may change my mind when samsung announces their galaxy S3..
r4jin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 02:08 AM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gibbs1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hemel Hempstead (North West London), England
Posts: 946
 
Device(s): HTC Sensation, Motorola Xoom, HTC One X & HTC One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 205 Times in 134 Posts
Default

But surely the processor to resort to being a dual core phone when the other two cores aren't needed so that dual core apps work, no?
gibbs1984 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #36 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
s.m.knipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Martinsburg, WV & Portales, NM
Posts: 939
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Craptivate, Nexus 1, G1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 305
Thanked 242 Times in 129 Posts
s.m.knipe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs1984 View Post
But surely the processor to resort to being a dual core phone when the other two cores aren't needed so that dual core apps work, no?
Logically- one would think so. But given nVidia's history last year with the tegra 2, I think they probably have the drivers/kernel/firmware written to just scale between single core and quad core and companion ("+1") modes, based on response from the app's coded need/usage request...
Tegra 2 would sometimes display similar symptoms where one core was running itself hard and the other core was barely doing anything- causing single core-like stutters; while tegra-optimized games played just fine (the THD games were likely coded in a way to trigger use of the second core).

It seems like the cores can't scale and divide workload based on usage/need intervally, but rather have a couple of steps that they can just bounce between (namely single core; all-core; and companion core)...

One would think nVidia could fix that, but I don't know much about processor scaling and the kernel/low-level/firmware code behind it- maybe there's a reason why they can't...
s.m.knipe is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #37 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 44,031
 
Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 41,693
Thanked 54,828 Times in 21,864 Posts
Default

Perhaps my post from the Evo 4G LTE forum can help clarify -

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Android = Linux + Dalvik Virtual Machine + apps that run inside the Dalvik and use Linux services

The magic for multi core use happens at kernel level, that's a part of Linux.

Works like this - in programming, a developer can conceive of his solution to sometimes have some subprocesses that _could_ run in parallel, but managed properly, don't have to. The programming techniques for that are now old and well-established. The Android Developers website even walks devs though the overall how-to.

The potentially parallel processes are put into what programmers call threads. Just like in this forum, we have parallel threads about the screen, audio, etc, making up the whole conversation, similar concept.

So what happens to the threads at runtime?

The kernel decides how to load-balance across cores, Linux has been doing this for a long time.

This is why Android dual cores showed an advantage from day one.

Dual Cores: Is Anyone taking Advantage of Them?

Unlike iOS, apps don't get multiple core optimized. They are either written properly in the first place or they're not.

A key point of ICS is the upgrade to the Linux 3 kernel. This is far more efficient at task scheduling than before, especially for multiple cores.

So, if someone says that they have to optimize an app for quad core use, what they really said is, fix broken thread design in the first place.

When you think about these factors, you can begin to see that benchmarks are becoming less relevant than before - they tie less to real world applications from the cpu side.

A single S4 cpu core is at least twice as powerful as a single T3 core. Depending on the user's choice of apps with the two cores side by side, you will correctly judge either the S4 or T3 to be faster, or both equal.

As for the T3 having faster graphics: _maybe_.

Graphics benchmarks show programmers which graphic library functions may be more effective on which processors.

Neither cpu nor gpu benchmarks can tell you which horse is faster. It's an urban myth that they do.

Both the S4 and T3 represent the same order of magnitude upgrade over the single and dual core phones we use today. I would be equally happy with either.

Disclaimer - I'm a Qualcomm fan, prefer it to the ARM architecture that everyone else uses.
If this were a Tegra issue, everyone would be screwed because you can't change hardware. The good news is that this sounds like a kernel issue and that can be cured with an update.

The kernel for the One X is an HTC product, based on the Linux / Android kernel.

There will always be poorly coded apps. Nothing that a good kernel and processor can do about those.
EarlyMon is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post:
El Presidente (April 11th, 2012), s.m.knipe (April 11th, 2012)
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
s.m.knipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Martinsburg, WV & Portales, NM
Posts: 939
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Craptivate, Nexus 1, G1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 305
Thanked 242 Times in 129 Posts
s.m.knipe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Perhaps my post from the Evo 4G LTE forum can help clarify -



If this were a Tegra issue, everyone would be screwed because you can't change hardware. The good news is that this sounds like a kernel issue and that can be cured with an update.

The kernel for the One X is an HTC product, based on the Linux / Android kernel.

There will always be poorly coded apps. Nothing that a good kernel and processor can do about those.
Well put, and thanks for the fairly in-depth clarification!
s.m.knipe is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to s.m.knipe For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (April 11th, 2012)
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #39 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
s.m.knipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Martinsburg, WV & Portales, NM
Posts: 939
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Craptivate, Nexus 1, G1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 305
Thanked 242 Times in 129 Posts
s.m.knipe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Perhaps my post from the Evo 4G LTE forum can help clarify -



If this were a Tegra issue, everyone would be screwed because you can't change hardware. The good news is that this sounds like a kernel issue and that can be cured with an update.

The kernel for the One X is an HTC product, based on the Linux / Android kernel.

There will always be poorly coded apps. Nothing that a good kernel and processor can do about those.
@EarlyMon, do you know of a reason for the apparent stair-stepping (or rather, a reason for the apparent gaps between steps)? Instead of scaling from companion core to single core to double core to quad core (the logical progression) as needed, it seems to jump from companion to single to quad, and reside mostly on single (I suppose not reaching whatever threshold to kick over to 4 cores). In other words, would the coding for the thresholds for the steps be at the kernel or firmware/"driver" the kernel calls into action?

At any rate, I completely agree that this is theoretically fixable via update or custom ROM (eventually) and not a hardware issue.
s.m.knipe is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #40 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 44,031
 
Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 41,693
Thanked 54,828 Times in 21,864 Posts
Default

First, is it possible to go from companion to single to dual to quad core use? Answer, yes, that's part of the T3 design.

According to nVidia, the CPU manager will switch on all 4 main cores when it senses peak load conditions (they cite games as an example), but only 2 cores for a heavy load (they cite Flash web browsing as the example).

I am not sure how you're monitoring cores, but try this - go into airplane mode and either run the original Angry Birds or turn off airplane and try some web browsing. Not 100% sure, but I think that may top out at two cores.

Again, the kernel will be involved.

Note that nVidia wrote their papers assuming Honeycomb, not ICS (with its changed kernel involving task management) plus Sense.

I should guess that any phone syncing mail, social data, weather, etc etc, and then running anything even slightly intensive on top of that may be triggering the peak load point to the CPU Manager.

Hope this helps!
EarlyMon is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post:
s.m.knipe (April 11th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old April 11th, 2012, 09:58 AM   #41 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
s.m.knipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Martinsburg, WV & Portales, NM
Posts: 939
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Craptivate, Nexus 1, G1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 305
Thanked 242 Times in 129 Posts
s.m.knipe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
First, is it possible to go from companion to single to dual to quad core use? Answer, yes, that's part of the T3 design.

According to nVidia, the CPU manager will switch on all 4 main cores when it senses peak load conditions (they cite games as an example), but only 2 cores for a heavy load (they cite Flash web browsing as the example).

I am not sure how you're monitoring cores, but try this - go into airplane mode and either run the original Angry Birds or turn off airplane and try some web browsing. Not 100% sure, but I think that may top out at two cores.

Again, the kernel will be involved.

Note that nVidia wrote their papers assuming Honeycomb, not ICS (with its changed kernel involving task management) plus Sense.

I should guess that any phone syncing mail, social data, weather, etc etc, and then running anything even slightly intensive on top of that may be triggering the peak load point to the CPU Manager.

Hope this helps!
@Early Thanks again! I don't have the phone yet to change test methods (I'm waiting for the LTE Krait version before I pounce on this beast), but I have been watching the thread here and a few rogue comments over at XDA all reporting similar results from the "CPU spy" apps and system monitors. And my Atrix (Tegra 2) has similar issues scaling between single and dual cores (resulting in stutters and occasional overheating), even with apps that were supposedly "optimized" by allowing multi-threading (stutters not noticed on my dual-core Galaxy Nexus).

I really hope enough of these sell that HTC can pressure nVidia into working with them and quickly addressing what people are seeing though.
s.m.knipe is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to s.m.knipe For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (April 11th, 2012)
Old April 11th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #42 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs1984 View Post
Thanks, I'll try that after work tomorrow
Did this work for you gibbs?
eSkyClimber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #43 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 44,031
 
Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 41,693
Thanked 54,828 Times in 21,864 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.m.knipe View Post
@Early Thanks again! I don't have the phone yet to change test methods (I'm waiting for the LTE Krait version before I pounce on this beast), but I have been watching the thread here and a few rogue comments over at XDA all reporting similar results from the "CPU spy" apps and system monitors. And my Atrix (Tegra 2) has similar issues scaling between single and dual cores (resulting in stutters and occasional overheating), even with apps that were supposedly "optimized" by allowing multi-threading (stutters not noticed on my dual-core Galaxy Nexus).
I've seen none of that on my S3. I'm not the whole market, but the general forum consensus for the S3 on various models is positive without those symptoms. I expect the same of the S4.

Quote:
I really hope enough of these sell that HTC can pressure nVidia into working with them and quickly addressing what people are seeing though.
I doubt that any pressure at all is required, all of the players have a vested interest in success.

For the fix to happen, they need to be aware that the problem is real.

Here's how to let them know -

Quote:
Originally Posted by novox77 View Post
you should consider contacting HTC directly through their email support website:

HTC Mobile Phones - Customer Service - E-mail Support

Please be as specific as possible, including the serial number it asks for toward the bottom of the form (found on the phone under the battery), what version of Android/Sense you are running (found at Settings > About Phone > Software information> Software number), and a detailed description of your problem.

If your problem is a known issue, meaning lots of other people are complaining about the same thing, please still submit the email with HTC so that they know that it is a widespread issue. This will help them prioritize their fixes.

If you're not sure if your problem is worthy of reporting, feel free to use these forums to bring it up, and members can chime in to see if it's something that can be fixed or if there's really a problem with the phone.
EarlyMon is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
s.m.knipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Martinsburg, WV & Portales, NM
Posts: 939
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Craptivate, Nexus 1, G1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 305
Thanked 242 Times in 129 Posts
s.m.knipe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
I've seen none of that on my S3. I'm not the whole market, but the general forum consensus for the S3 on various models is positive without those symptoms. I expect the same of the S4.
S3? Tegra 3? It seems most who install and run a CPU spy app or CPU Tuner can see the stairsteps, (See r4jin and Lukeyy96 's posts near the top of this thread), and for the stuttering I am going off of the videos the OP posted and my knowledge with my Atrix. There are a handful of posts saying similar things over at XDA using the same type CPU monitoring apps. I don't know that it would manifest itself for every use case, but I would wager that anyone who installs those apps for monitoring and then load their system will see the same maxing of a single core.


Quote:
I doubt that any pressure at all is required, all of the players have a vested interest in success.

For the fix to happen, they need to be aware that the problem is real.

Here's how to let them know -
I agree that they need to know, so when an issue is noticed we do need to flood their inboxes... But remember they define success in sales figures generating revenue, not necessarily lack of complaints. So if people researching devices see the complaints on here and do not buy, that will get their attention; complaints on here will not (and hence your point about letting them know, just to connect the dots).
s.m.knipe is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #45 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 44,031
 
Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 41,693
Thanked 54,828 Times in 21,864 Posts
Default

I was referring to the S3 by Qualcomm, previous generation dual core, to set expectations for the next generation, S4.


Cores are not like overflow valves - fill one, the next kicks in, and so forth - not like that. Load balancing is quite different on the Qualcomm processors because the cores run at independent clock speeds. I've monitored mine extensively - it simply doesn't work like a synchronous-clock multi-core common to all ARM Cortex designs (read: all Tegra).

One thing that multi cores do have in common regardless of maker - clock speeds jump in increments, along with voltage provided to ensure the processor runs at that speed.

There is a whole lot of misinformation and speculation and conclusions drawn from speculations in some of the XDA threads. The best post simply referenced this -

http://www.nvidia.fr/content/PDF/tegra_white_papers/tegra-whitepaper-0911a.pdf

Load balancing is a function of the kernel, the Tegra 3 CPU Manager and the apps.

The Tegra 3 has already acquitted itself quite well. That leaves the kernel and the apps.

Tegra 3 = 5 identical cores, but the companion core is clocked to a max of 500 MHz.

If the apps in question are single threaded, or designed improperly, things will tend to lump up into one core. A better kernel could fix that by having all Linux services distribute a bit better.

Remember - when you think that you are running just one app, you are likely running upwards of 40 to 60 tasks, for real-world phone configurations.

I'm not saying that the problem isn't real - just where to look for the fixes.
EarlyMon is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #46 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Unfortunately I've lost all faith in the One X and HTC's solutions. I'm taking it back tomorrow for a replacement to see if all One Xs are the same. If so, I'll demand a refund so I can maybe buy the Galaxy Note. Never thought I'd say it but the One X has really let me down.
Guys, get your phone and set a live background, then try navigation aross the home screen. Watch the background, it's heart-breaking :/
Lukeyy96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #47 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 44,031
 
Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 41,693
Thanked 54,828 Times in 21,864 Posts
Default

Sorry for the troubles, hope it all works out and you get the phone you need.

It's all Android and we're all in this together, so I'm pulling for you regardless of your phone choice.
EarlyMon is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #48 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
s.m.knipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Martinsburg, WV & Portales, NM
Posts: 939
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Craptivate, Nexus 1, G1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 305
Thanked 242 Times in 129 Posts
s.m.knipe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
I was referring to the S3 by Qualcomm, previous generation dual core, to set expectations for the next generation, S4.


Cores are not like overflow valves - fill one, the next kicks in, and so forth - not like that. Load balancing is quite different on the Qualcomm processors because the cores run at independent clock speeds. I've monitored mine extensively - it simply doesn't work like a synchronous-clock multi-core common to all ARM Cortex designs (read: all Tegra).

One thing that multi cores do have in common regardless of maker - clock speeds jump in increments, along with voltage provided to ensure the processor runs at that speed.

There is a whole lot of misinformation and speculation and conclusions drawn from speculations in some of the XDA threads. The best post simply referenced this -

http://www.nvidia.fr/content/PDF/tegra_white_papers/tegra-whitepaper-0911a.pdf

Load balancing is a function of the kernel, the Tegra 3 CPU Manager and the apps.

The Tegra 3 has already acquitted itself quite well. That leaves the kernel and the apps.

Tegra 3 = 5 identical cores, but the companion core is clocked to a max of 500 MHz.

If the apps in question are single threaded, or designed improperly, things will tend to lump up into one core. A better kernel could fix that by having all Linux services distribute a bit better.

Remember - when you think that you are running just one app, you are likely running upwards of 40 to 60 tasks, for real-world phone configurations.

I'm not saying that the problem isn't real - just where to look for the fixes.
thanks for the clarification man, but I guess what I am dancing around is: that at some point the colonel should say hey we're running at 900 megahertz maybe I should start pushing out threads to other cores, and the evidence coming in from users post seemed to indicate that that is not happening, just like with a Tegra 2; I think the issue is the software in between the kernel and the processor.
I realize that there might be different kernels reviews between the different devices, actually there has to be because of the different drivers, but for me it seems that nvidia is having more trouble with this the other manufactures.

I agree with what you're saying and I appreciate your expertise in this because it's much more in depth than what I have, but I am placing the blame with the software that the kernel is calling upon.
s.m.knipe is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #49 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 44,031
 
Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 41,693
Thanked 54,828 Times in 21,864 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.m.knipe View Post
thanks for the clarification man, but I guess what I am dancing around is: that at some point the colonel should say hey we're running at 900 megahertz maybe I should start pushing out threads to other cores, and the evidence coming in from users post seemed to indicate that that is not happening, just like with a Tegra 2; I think the issue is the software in between the kernel and the processor.
I realize that there might be different kernels reviews between the different devices, actually there has to be because of the different drivers, but for me it seems that nvidia is having more trouble with this the other manufactures.

I agree with what you're saying and I appreciate your expertise in this because it's much more in depth than what I have, but I am placing the blame with the software that the kernel is calling upon.
Perhaps.

But good kernels work wonders.

Example, the Atrix complaints I've heard are not shared by Photon users - both have the Tegra 2. In fact, most Photon users are adamant about its snappy, lag-free performance. No idea why Motorola hasn't squared that away so both models perform the same, but there it is.

I'm quite used to seeing launch day or launch week or launch month updates from HTC, so much so that I expect some out of box problems until users feedback what's wrong.

HTC still has a great update record and they do listen.
EarlyMon is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #50 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Sorry for the troubles, hope it all works out and you get the phone you need.

It's all Android and we're all in this together, so I'm pulling for you regardless of your phone choice.
It's nice to know there are some greatly helpful people in communities like these! Cheers for the support I'll be with Android no matter what, iOS will never bring the freedom that Android has to offer.
Lukeyy96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lukeyy96 For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (April 11th, 2012)
Reply

HTC One X
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC One X is the first quad-core Android smartphone, not only by HTC but from any manufacturer. It'll have a Tegra 3 chipset inside by NVIDIA alongside 1GB of RAM, an 8 megapixel HD camera with flash, front-facing camera, a 4.7 inch 720p di... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC One X/XL

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.