First: I'm not a technical n00b. I have owned, rooted and installed custom ROMs on Androind devices since the HTC Dream (T-Mobile G1) through to my current HTC One X. I am also familiar with unix systems.
I have however run into a very annoying problem with my One X. For the last week the GSM mobile network connection has been extremely flaky to say the least. I am hopeful that someone can help me pinpoint what is going on so I will set out some information about my device and setup.
HTC One X
ROM: Android Revolution HD 19.2
Kernal: 3.1.10-g03b5369 root@abm032 # 1 SMP PREEMPT
(This setup (and previous versions of ARHD) was working correctly since I first rooted my phone in May 2012)
Network: T-Mobile UK / EE UK
SIM: T-Mobile SIM Card
SIMCard Status: Secure in holding tray.
What I have tried:
- Reinstalling the entire ROM / boot.img
- "Bulking" the SIMcard to make sure it is making a secure connection in the tray
- Monitoring with logcat (see later)
The issue has been getting progressively worse over this last week. At the begining of the week I had noticed that if the device had a network connection and was left still on a flat surface such as my desk in my office it would maintain its connection. Today however the phone will drop and reconnect of its own accord when it is left alone.
I have also noted that:
- The phone is seeming to prefer GPRS rather than 3G or H connection types.
- Sometimes it will be purely a SMS/Phone signal and no Data connection.
- When trying to "Search for networks" the phone can find no networks at all in the area (I live in a large town - so unlikely).
- At times the "Access point names", "Network mode" and "network operators" menu items are disabled completely when the netowkr is disconnected.
- Airline mode is DISABLED before someone suggests that!
I have been able to capture five logcats - 2 with signal and 3 without. I notice that the gsm.sim.state
and other such settings appear to show what appears to me as no SIM inserted (which is why I initially tried bulking the card).
One last thing - WiFi is working as normal.
2013-03-22-Signal - Pastebin.com
- 2013-03-22 - With Signal
2013-03-22-NoSignal - Pastebin.com
- 2013-03-22 - No Signal
2013-03-23-Signal - Pastebin.com
- 2013-03-23 - With Signal
2013-03-23-NoSignal - Pastebin.com
- 2013-03-23 - No Signal
2013-03-23-NoSignal-2 - Pastebin.com
- 2013-03-23 - No Signal #2
Thank You for reading this and if I can provide any other information please let me know.