Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > HTC Passion

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:10 AM   #101 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Is it just me or did all of newsradio2261's posts in this thread just disappear? Makes this thread really hard to follow
update: oh. I see...

Advertisements
wonderbread is offline  
Last edited by wonderbread; December 31st, 2009 at 01:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:16 AM   #102 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
Is it just me or did all of newsradio2261's posts in this thread just disappear? Makes this thread really hard to follow
Yeah, he went back and deleted all of them because Nashdroid was harassing him (j/k Nash!). Actually, newsradio claims he did it to protect his job since he was releasing what I assume to be sensitive information, though it did seem reactionary being that he did it when he and Nash were going back and forth.
kyler13 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:43 AM   #103 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Nashdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 924
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (retired), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (returned), Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 604
Thanked 1,494 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13 View Post
Yeah, he went back and deleted all of them because Nashdroid was harassing him (j/k Nash!). Actually, newsradio claims he did it to protect his job since he was releasing what I assume to be sensitive information, though it did seem reactionary being that he did it when he and Nash were going back and forth.
hahahaha! Dude, I seriously thought I was taking crazy pills during that whole thing! I was like "where's all of my boys on here to back me up?!" haha Glad you're all here now and you guys see what was going on in here. What a strange thread! Thanks a lot shawn487! jk
__________________
Something BIG is coming...
Nashdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 08:03 AM   #104 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 414
 
Device(s): HTC Eris (fried), Droid X (sold), HTC Rezound (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Please CES hurry up and get here
bsutton1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:29 PM   #105 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

That would be a nice bonus. I personally don't want to have to look and listen to a person but I like the idea of video + IM. This would be a feature missing from 90% of smartphones now including the iPhone.
wonderbread is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:36 PM   #106 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mcbtrain929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ChiTown
Posts: 918
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 107
Thanked 137 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsradio2261 View Post
hey guys, iv noticed something else today, the touch HD has a front facing camera, this would be an added bonus for the passion/bravo
hey,

a verizon employee on this site said that he recently talked with an htc rep, and that rep told him the n1 and the passion are the same thing. also, the equivilent of the bravo wouldn't be coming to the states until april.

your thoughts/input?
mcbtrain929 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 02:38 PM   #107 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Nashdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 924
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (retired), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (returned), Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 604
Thanked 1,494 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbtrain929 View Post
hey,

a verizon employee on this site said that he recently talked with an htc rep, and that rep told him the n1 and the passion are the same thing. also, the equivilent of the bravo wouldn't be coming to the states until april.

your thoughts/input?
Give us a link to the thread and the post and we'll check it out and see what we all think. There's been a lot of back and forths from people who have "reliable" sources saying it IS coming out and people with "reliable" sources saying it IS NOT coming out. So... haha What are we all to think? Give us a link to the post and we'll be glad to check it out and give it our thoughts though.
Nashdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 03:38 PM   #108 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mcbtrain929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ChiTown
Posts: 918
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 107
Thanked 137 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashdroid View Post
Give us a link to the thread and the post and we'll check it out and see what we all think. There's been a lot of back and forths from people who have "reliable" sources saying it IS coming out and people with "reliable" sources saying it IS NOT coming out. So... haha What are we all to think? Give us a link to the post and we'll be glad to check it out and give it our thoughts though.
Any new Verizon Androids before January?
mcbtrain929 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 03:40 PM   #109 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashdroid View Post
Give us a link to the thread and the post and we'll check it out and see what we all think. There's been a lot of back and forths from people who have "reliable" sources saying it IS coming out and people with "reliable" sources saying it IS NOT coming out. So... haha What are we all to think? Give us a link to the post and we'll be glad to check it out and give it our thoughts though.
c'mmon nash, keep up with the rodeo:
Any new Verizon Androids before January?
wonderbread is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 05:17 PM   #110 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Nashdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 924
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (retired), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (returned), Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 604
Thanked 1,494 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
c'mmon nash, keep up with the rodeo:
Any new Verizon Androids before January?
I've got partying downtown on my mind. Cut me some slack! haha
Nashdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 31st, 2009, 07:00 PM   #111 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montana
Posts: 234
 
Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 37 Times in 16 Posts
Default

this is stupid. wish we could drop the touch hd crap. that's an old phone. we should be referring to it as bravo or passion, depending on which it looks more like (assuming the nexus style is the same as the passion).
thanks, carry on
cdmta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 07:40 PM   #112 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 414
 
Device(s): HTC Eris (fried), Droid X (sold), HTC Rezound (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default

So newsradio, do you think we'll still see something from HTC and Verizon announced/launched next week?
bsutton1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:28 AM   #113 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montana
Posts: 234
 
Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 37 Times in 16 Posts
Default

so newsradio, is this "touch hd" looking device like this?
cdmta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 08:08 AM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 414
 
Device(s): HTC Eris (fried), Droid X (sold), HTC Rezound (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default

I like that. I noticed no menu nor search buttons.
bsutton1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 08:29 AM   #115 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsutton1 View Post
I like that. I noticed no menu nor search buttons.
Well, it's not EXACTLY what the Bravo will look like. You noticed those buttons are missing because the Touch HD is actually a WinMo phone. So, newsradio, you're saying those Bravo physical buttons will actually be touch sensitive like the ones on the Touch HD?
kyler13 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 10:09 AM   #116 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Irritating that we have to wait until April for this. Knowing Verizon, it'll be like April 29th.
kyler13 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 01:22 PM   #117 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mcbtrain929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ChiTown
Posts: 918
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 107
Thanked 137 Times in 67 Posts
Default

is that really a front facing camera or just a flashing led light for notifications? any other details about it newsradio?
mcbtrain929 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 01:23 PM   #118 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
shawn487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 737
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 278
Thanked 442 Times in 214 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsradio2261 View Post
this is the touch hd that i am talking about, notice the front camera, notice the touch panel as well, guys this is what the passion/bravo will look like,THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS A OPTIC MOUSE,
will it be as thick as the HD i have looked at pictures and this phone looks like it has some thickness to it.
shawn487 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 01:29 PM   #119 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mcbtrain929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ChiTown
Posts: 918
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 107
Thanked 137 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn487 View Post
will it be as thick as the HD i have looked at pictures and this phone looks like it has some thickness to it.
and hopefully its not as "plastic-y" as the pictures give off. a rubberized eris-like body would be sweet.
mcbtrain929 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 05:34 PM   #120 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 984
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 149 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsradio2261 View Post
do you guys in america have the htc touch hd?
As far as I know no we dont. Closest might be the Imagio.
Mykpfsu is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 1st, 2010, 05:55 PM   #121 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Is the passion the nexus one . what is the next android phone coming out for verizon
DR.DREW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 06:23 PM   #122 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsradio2261 View Post
Question, why do people think the nexus is the passion?I can confirm 1 billion per cent,they are 2 different phones,
ok then show us
DR.DREW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 06:27 PM   #123 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just want to know what is going to be the next android phone for verizon
DR.DREW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 06:34 PM   #124 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 984
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 149 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.DREW View Post
I just want to know what is going to be the next android phone for verizon
Should be the Motorola Calgary/Devour.
Mykpfsu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 06:58 PM   #125 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

sorry I meant from htc
DR.DREW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:37 PM   #126 (permalink)
clb
Member
 
clb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: East Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 184
Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.DREW View Post
sorry I meant from htc
Nothing has been officially confirmed yet, hopefully CES will give us some kind of answer.
clb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 10:24 PM   #127 (permalink)
Member
 
grokr989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 218
 
Device(s): HTC One, Droid DNA, HTC Thunderbolt, Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 118
Thanked 66 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Dunno if this was already posted. Just more speculation.

CES 2010 Predictions | Consumer Electronics Show | CES 2010
grokr989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 10:55 PM   #128 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
shawn487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 737
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 278
Thanked 442 Times in 214 Posts
Default

hey thanks for the link good read
shawn487 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 07:01 AM   #129 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokr989 View Post
Dunno if this was already posted. Just more speculation.

CES 2010 Predictions | Consumer Electronics Show | CES 2010
Still don't know what to make of the Passion being the CDMA equivalent of the N1, unless maybe it's bound for Sprint? There's a bunch of conflicting information right now that hopefully will be cleared up at CES. Doubt I'll have a phone in 7 days, but at least I'll have a better idea of what I'm getting and when I'm getting it.
kyler13 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 09:14 AM   #130 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokr989 View Post
Dunno if this was already posted. Just more speculation.

CES 2010 Predictions | Consumer Electronics Show | CES 2010
yeah thanks great read!!!
DR.DREW is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 2nd, 2010, 09:39 AM   #131 (permalink)
Member
 
grokr989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 218
 
Device(s): HTC One, Droid DNA, HTC Thunderbolt, Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 118
Thanked 66 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13 View Post
Still don't know what to make of the Passion being the CDMA equivalent of the N1, unless maybe it's bound for Sprint? There's a bunch of conflicting information right now that hopefully will be cleared up at CES. Doubt I'll have a phone in 7 days, but at least I'll have a better idea of what I'm getting and when I'm getting it.
Yeah, I'm going to wait until the CES is over to decide what I'm going to get.
grokr989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:07 AM   #132 (permalink)
Member
 
droidoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 162
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible!!! FINALLY!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 324
Thanked 145 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Strangely enough, I found the following tweet that seems to corroborate newsradio's claims. Take it for what its worth.

Quote:
Verizon version of Nexus One will have optical trackball and is based on Touch HD from HTC.
Link: Jeremy McNeal (KarukTribe) on Twitter

The same guy claims that the Passion will be released two weeks after the Nexus One.

I've asked him how he knows this and I haven't received a response yet.

On a side note I found another guy on twitter that speaks as though he knows something, though I haven't figured out how.

Link: http://twitter.com/chneukirch

Read his latest tweets. I will give a short rundown of what he is saying.

  • The Passion will be out for Verizon on January 13th.
  • The new Verizon phone is called the HTC Passion.
  • It's the CDMA version of the Nexus One.
  • Verizon has been training on it for the last 2-3 weeks.
  • It is a clone of the Nexus One, looks, hardware and all.

So, a few more rumors before CES. I actually am hoping for a "Bravo" type phone. I have not been able to confirm if the Nexus One can do 720p high def video. Also haven't seen anything about it having FM radio like the Bravo.

I won't be picky though, if a cdma version of the Nexus One comes out for Verizon, I will snatch it up!
__________________
Forget what you thought you knew because you've never seen a DROID like this. The DROID INCREDIBLE, nothing short of its name.
droidoholic is offline  
Last edited by droidoholic; January 2nd, 2010 at 11:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:36 AM   #133 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mcbtrain929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ChiTown
Posts: 918
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 107
Thanked 137 Times in 67 Posts
Default

so basically, jeremy mcneal = newsradio hahahaha.

all joking aside, i reaaaaaaaally hope these rumors pan out to be true. by the way, droidoholic, who are these 2 people that you follow on twitter? are they reporters of some sort? hopefully they just arent 14 year olds somewhere trying to stir up shit.
mcbtrain929 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:56 AM   #134 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 414
 
Device(s): HTC Eris (fried), Droid X (sold), HTC Rezound (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default

God, I can't wait til this is over with..
bsutton1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:14 PM   #135 (permalink)
Member
 
grokr989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 218
 
Device(s): HTC One, Droid DNA, HTC Thunderbolt, Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 118
Thanked 66 Times in 26 Posts
Default

A couple links that just popped up.

What can we expect from HTC at CES 2010

HTC Bravo January release date rumours surface - Mobile Phone News | BANGBANGTECH - Mobile, Gaming and Gadget News & Reviews
grokr989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:07 PM   #136 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 984
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 149 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidoholic View Post
Strangely enough, I found the following tweet that seems to corroborate newsradio's claims. Take it for what its worth.

Link: Jeremy McNeal (KarukTribe) on Twitter

The same guy claims that the Passion will be released two weeks after the Nexus One.

I've asked him how he knows this and I haven't received a response yet.

On a side note I found another guy on twitter that speaks as though he knows something, though I haven't figured out how.

Link: Chad Neukirch (chneukirch) on Twitter

Read his latest tweets. I will give a short rundown of what he is saying.

  • The Passion will be out for Verizon on January 13th.
  • The new Verizon phone is called the HTC Passion.
  • It's the CDMA version of the Nexus One.
  • Verizon has been training on it for the last 2-3 weeks.
  • It is a clone of the Nexus One, looks, hardware and all.

So, a few more rumors before CES. I actually am hoping for a "Bravo" type phone. I have not been able to confirm if the Nexus One can do 720p high def video. Also haven't seen anything about it having FM radio like the Bravo.

I won't be picky though, if a cdma version of the Nexus One comes out for Verizon, I will snatch it up!
Unless for some reason the CDMA radio takes up more space then the GSM radio there is not reason whatever HTC made for Verizon would have different hardware then the Nexus One. Its not like 720p video capture is unique to the N1, you can get it on the Droid right now at least. As for the FM radio, who knows and most probably wont care.
Though your twitter sources there doesn't have too much to show they would be in the know.
Mykpfsu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:31 PM   #137 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Excellent detective work, droidoholic! I checked out the second guy's twitter page and tried to find info on the nexus one forum that he was hinting towards. All I could see was a mod saying the passion is the cdma version of the nexus one. No real thread or other comments. I'd like to know more about how this guy knows that Verizon has been training on it. You'd think somebody would leak it by now AND we still don't have FCC approval. Jan 13th is approaching fast.
kyler13 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:42 PM   #138 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidoholic View Post
  • Verizon has been training on it for the last 2-3 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13 View Post
I'd like to know more about how this guy knows that Verizon has been training on it. You'd think somebody would leak it by now AND we still don't have FCC approval. Jan 13th is approaching fast.
I'm a member of an HTC training site for Verizon reps and there is no new training module online right now. Eris is the most recent Android device for VZW that I can open up. So either it's a lie (most likely) or the training is limited to bigger wigs than I. I would say it's the former since "training on it" really assumes training the sales staff, which are pretty low level.
wonderbread is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 02:47 PM   #139 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

You can only say you told us so when something official is said that confirms what you've been saying. So far nothing official has been said by Verizon or HTC since this thread was started.
wonderbread is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 03:03 PM   #140 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mcbtrain929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ChiTown
Posts: 918
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 107
Thanked 137 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsradio2261 View Post
DONT WANT TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO BUT,,,,,,,

there were a lot of people that doubted me (NASHDROID) and a few people who gave the benifit of doubt,AND LISTENED TO ME (thankyou) and now bit by bit what i said ALL ALONG, is coming out,i will clarify this back to you guys, Please listen to what i am saying,because i am getting so frustrated with this,
NEXUS, AND PASSION/BRAVO, will not be a like at all,
Passion/bravo will have 720 HD recording,Inner circle,Media sync,etc,etc and NEXUS will not, nexus obiviously will not have the new htc sence, these are both android phones, but will look nothing alike,

Thanks
nothing has been proven. i want to believe you, but still, nothing makes me believe 100% that this (or something like this) will be out by the end of january. plus, if you're saying "i told you so" because of the tweets from twitter above, then how do you explain this line from one of the tweets?

"It is a clone of the Nexus One, looks, hardware and all."

you're saying they will look nothing alike, and the passion/bravo will have a ton of better features.

your thoughts, newsradio? again, not attacking you, just trying to put the puzzle together like everybody else....
mcbtrain929 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 2nd, 2010, 03:09 PM   #141 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mcbtrain929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ChiTown
Posts: 918
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 107
Thanked 137 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsradio2261 View Post
i cant see me getting the phone over here before you guys, can someone let me know what happens with release dates in usa, do you think you guys will get it middle to end of jan?
you know more than we do when it comes to that! hahahaha. but if something official comes out, we'll post it on here. definitely keep your ears open/ask some confidentials of your own more questions on your side as well!
mcbtrain929 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 03:10 PM   #142 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 83
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 21 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsradio2261 View Post
DONT WANT TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO BUT,,,,,,,

there were a lot of people that doubted me (NASHDROID) and a few people who gave the benifit of doubt,AND LISTENED TO ME (thankyou) and now bit by bit what i said ALL ALONG, is coming out,i will clarify this back to you guys, Please listen to what i am saying,because i am getting so frustrated with this,
NEXUS, AND PASSION/BRAVO, will not be a like at all,
Passion/bravo will have 720 HD recording,Inner circle,Media sync,etc,etc and NEXUS will not, nexus obiviously will not have the new htc sence, these are both android phones, but will look nothing alike,

Thanks
What you're saying may be true for the UK version. I'd like more specifics of the US version and some harder evidence of a release date. We already had a guy in the Verizon thread retract what he said about 1.7 million units ready to ship. That sounded specific to me and seemed like it was from a good source. Apparently it isn't true.
anvilt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 03:12 PM   #143 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ataranine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: McLeansville, North Carolina
Posts: 600
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

If it were coming out so soon there'd be "leaked" pics of it, just like there always are for phones coming out in a week.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoane on AT&T's 3G
iPhone doesn't need to have simultaneous web browsing and call. They drop so many calls you just wait till the call is dropped, get your movie time, then call back and shout it in the 8 seconds before the second call is dropped. No big deal.
Ataranine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 03:36 PM   #144 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Nashdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 924
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (retired), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (returned), Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 604
Thanked 1,494 Times in 318 Posts
Default You've GOT to be kidding me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsradio2261 View Post
DONT WANT TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO BUT,,,,,,,

there were a lot of people that doubted me (NASHDROID) and a few people who gave the benifit of doubt,AND LISTENED TO ME (thankyou) and now bit by bit what i said ALL ALONG, is coming out,i will clarify this back to you guys, Please listen to what i am saying,because i am getting so frustrated with this,
NEXUS, AND PASSION/BRAVO, will not be a like at all,
Passion/bravo will have 720 HD recording,Inner circle,Media sync,etc,etc and NEXUS will not, nexus obiviously will not have the new htc sence, these are both android phones, but will look nothing alike,

Thanks
Please tell me you're not doing this again... Where is the "bit by bit" that is proving you are right? And mentioning my user name specifically? Come on dude. I thought we called a truce and made a deal. Didn't we? I've had it with all of this "hate to say I told you so" stuff, when you have NO PROOF of what you're saying. Geez...why mention people by name and say you told everyone so when, ya know what, you haven't proven anything. I'll be glad to admit that you're correct, if you can really show some proof. And even if what you're saying is true and it comes to light OFFICIALLY later on, I won't be eating crow or saying that you told me so, because you NEVER showed any solid evidence of what you're saying. Now...if you showed us some solid evidence of what you're claiming and I just blatantly ignored it, I'd be eating a big plate of crow if you were right, but you've just honestly never given us any real proof other than just what you say you saw.

I'm not putting you down or calling you a liar and I'm not even saying that you're wrong, I'm just saying that you haven't given us any facts or proof to prove your credibility on the things you're claiming. And mentioning me, by name, isn't a good way to get back in good graces or to keep things calm and friendly in here. Would you agree? I haven't said ANYTHING about you or about any of your wild claims in here since we last talked, and now you send me personal messages saying that you've been proven correct and I need to check out the posts in the forum because you were right? I'm sorry...but I check this thread every day, and maybe I missed it, but I'm failing to see where ANYTHING that you've stated has been proven factual. Once some real facts come out and you're sure enough proven to be correct, I'll admit that you were correct. Gladly. Until then, I'm keeping my salt shaker right next to my keyboard.
Nashdroid is offline  
Last edited by Nashdroid; January 2nd, 2010 at 03:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:01 PM   #145 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Nashdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 924
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (retired), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (returned), Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 604
Thanked 1,494 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsradio2261 View Post
hi nashdroid, i wasnt being rude to you in anyway, thats why i pm you (notice the smiley face) i have nothing to prove anything,i couldnt take pictures, or get copies for obvious reasons, i was just remarking on one of the comments about the HD,im not falling out with you,its hard over text to put things accross, so just wait and see, details will emerge very soon, no hard feeling nashdroid.
Well, just don't say "hate to say I told you so but..." when nothing has proven you correct yet. Facts may very well come out later that will prove you correct, and I HOPE THEY DO! I want everything you're saying to be correct, badly. I just don't want everyone in here to get all confused and have a bunch of false hope when there just isn't any solid evidence yet. Sure, we love discussion and we love hearing theories and facts as well. I honestly hope that you held this device you speak of in your hands and I hope it comes out in January, but now you're saying it might be different if it comes out later. So, you're giving yourself outs. All I'm saying is, just play it cool and don't say that you told anyone so until some facts come out, because if what you're saying never happens, then you will no longer have any credibility. Ya know? Just be smart about it and don't count your chickens before the eggs have hatched. That's all I'm trying to say.

And don't mention people's user names in a post saying that you've proven them wrong if you are not trying to start something, because via typing or if you were saying it to me in person, it would come across as you trying to prove me wrong. And there is nothing to prove me wrong about. Just be more careful how you word things and I know you know what you know, but we all weren't there when you held whatever device you held in your hands, so we don't have the same belief in what you're saying that you do. Does that make sense? And you can't honestly expect us to have the same amount of belief just because you say so.
Nashdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:08 PM   #146 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
I just don't want everyone in here to get all confused and have a bunch of false hope when there just isn't any solid evidence yet.
Nash, don't be silly. Everyone here knows that all we can expect from this forum is entertainment that may or may not stay on topic. Maybe you are prone to false hope from over confident statements but I don't think most of us are. My suggestion is to let people like newsradio spout off cause really, without people like him this place is just silent and that's no fun.
wonderbread is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:18 PM   #147 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Nashdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 924
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (retired), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (returned), Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 604
Thanked 1,494 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
Nash, don't be silly. Everyone here knows that all we can expect from this forum is entertainment that may or may not stay on topic. Maybe you are prone to false hope from over confident statements but I don't think most of us are. My suggestion is to let people like newsradio spout off cause really, without people like him this place is just silent and that's no fun.
He said that he had told me so. All I'm saying is...What has been proven that proves that he was correct? Did I miss something Wonderbread? I keep up with this news just like you and I can't see where any new facts have come out that would warrant him saying that he told me so. Am I wrong?
Nashdroid is offline  
Last edited by Nashdroid; January 2nd, 2010 at 04:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:22 PM   #148 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

If you look at the two posts after his, you'll see two people, my self included, stating what you are stating. So, you don't have to prove this to anyone, it's obvious. I would PM newsradio instead cause this ceases to be as entertaining as it could be if two people are just arguing in public and it's over something that everyone already understands.
wonderbread is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:27 PM   #149 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Nashdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 924
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (retired), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (returned), Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 604
Thanked 1,494 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvilt View Post
What you're saying may be true for the UK version. I'd like more specifics of the US version and some harder evidence of a release date. We already had a guy in the Verizon thread retract what he said about 1.7 million units ready to ship. That sounded specific to me and seemed like it was from a good source. Apparently it isn't true.
According to this post, there are other people who like hard facts and evidence as well. Otherwise it's hard to even develop any real theories about what we all think will happen. If anyone can just come in here and make a bunch of wild statements with no proof, then this place would be crazy! Sure, it's just a forum and anyone can say what they want to, but they should expect to offer credible and reliable facts and proof. I know we're in here and it's entertaining, but I come here more for information and new facts on something I'm wanting to eventually purchase, the entertainment is just a bi-product of us here looking for new facts. None of us want to be given a bunch of theories or ideas that are being claimed as fact, when IN FACT, they aren't facts. Maybe it's just me, but I come here for REAL information on a phone. Real information is things such as leaked ROM lists and official press releases or spy photos, etc. Everything else is just speculation, and speculation is fine, but not when it's being offered as a fact and there is no evidence. I know there are many other members in this forum and on this thread who agree with me.
Nashdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:36 PM   #150 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Nashdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 924
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (retired), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (returned), Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 604
Thanked 1,494 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
If you look at the two posts after his, you'll see two people, my self included, stating what you are stating. So, you don't have to prove this to anyone, it's obvious. I would PM newsradio instead cause this ceases to be as entertaining as it could be if two people are just arguing in public and it's over something that everyone already understands.
I couldn't agree more. He shouldn't have put my name in his post saying that he's told me, and others, so. He threw the first stone, not me. So, don't try to say that I'm doing something wrong. If someone starts something publicly, like he did, I'm not just going to sit there and take it or send a PM to him. I'm going to address it publicly, because he started it publicly. As simple as that.
Nashdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Buy the HTC Passion
Sign up for instant notification when the HTC Passion goes on sale!
HTC Passion

The HTC Passion is largely believed to have launched as the Nexus One. However, just as the HTC Dream launched after the T-Mobile G1 (both being identical phones), we're keeping the HTC Passion on the list as an additional phone/brand until the... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > HTC Passion
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.