Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > HTC Passion

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #101 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
eipee73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 612
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt (Rooted) Liquid Smooth 3.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 279
Thanked 167 Times in 83 Posts
Default

@wonderbread: I really hope I'm not lusting over the Bravo for nothing... that would sadden me...either way I just hope VZW brings out another high end android device on HTC hardware w/a bigger screen. It's all I really want, as I said in one of my other posts I've had bad luck with Moto software, thus I'm staying away from the Droid...plus it's a big heavy and boxy for my liking.

eipee73 is offline  
sponsored links
Old December 29th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #102 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 28
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to jdmp10 Send a message via Yahoo to jdmp10 jdmp10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eipee73 View Post
@wonderbread: I really hope I'm not lusting over the Bravo for nothing... that would sadden me...either way I just hope VZW brings out another high end android device on HTC hardware w/a bigger screen. It's all I really want, as I said in one of my other posts I've had bad luck with Moto software, thus I'm staying away from the Droid...plus it's a big heavy and boxy for my liking.
My ultimate phone for the time being would be the HTC HD2 CDMA version on VZW with Android 2.1. Some people say the HD2 is way too big to be practical but I love the size and how thin it is relative to the length and width.

I too have been waiting for this mysterious HTC Android phone since November. I really hope we hear something official soon. I am going to try to wait till the end of January and if nothing is out by that time I might just have to get the Droid Eris since im not a big fan of the Droid.
jdmp10 is offline  
Old December 29th, 2009, 07:26 PM   #103 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
davewoodson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 88
 
Device(s): Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to davewoodson
Default

I've been waiting as well, I am giving it to the middle of January and then going droid
__________________
Dave Woodson
@davewoodson
Local Internet Marketing
davewoodson is offline  
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:07 PM   #104 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 28
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to jdmp10 Send a message via Yahoo to jdmp10 jdmp10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewoodson View Post
I've been waiting as well, I am giving it to the middle of January and then going droid
When I had first heard about the Droid, there was no question in my mind on Dec. 1st when I was eligible for the new every two program that the Droid was the phone I was getting. But when I saw it in person, used the keyboard, also read that it was not using the Snap Dragon CPU, I was really disappointed and after reading that there was a new HTC phone on the horizon with almost identical specs of the HD2 coming out before year's end, I figured I would wait.

I have to say my patience is running thin, been using the Samsung i760 since April of last year and im sure I dont have say anything about WM6.1 to anyone here. I'm just dying for a new phone. Really hoping come Jan. 5th we will have something concrete from someone with authority to clear up what we should expect and when.
jdmp10 is offline  
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #105 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

I cannot believe Verizon or HTC or whoever is to blame for the delays. I have money burning a hole in my pocket to buy the HTC Snapdragon offering and I actually want to sign up for the data plan. Gotta be on Verizon, though. Eris is too outdated hardware-wise. Didn't like the Droid (form, look, slide-out qwerty). For the first time in as long as I can remember, I'm waiting on the product instead of the product waiting on me. Frustrating as hell.
kyler13 is offline  
Old December 29th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #106 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ruben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,152
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 106
Thanked 349 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Nashdroid, you have brought me hope.

When the DROID first was pushed out, I got excited; becoming obsessed with android ... I think you guys know the drill. But about the second time I went to the exclusively made DROID page on the VZW website, I saw the ERIS' page ad in the lower left corner. I sure enough clicked it and was hooked on the ERIS ever since. When I bought the phone, I knew I was going into something that had a two year old processor. It's shows.

I still have 15 days to return it and go back to my Samsung Omnia one for a bit just to wait. I mean, it couldn't hurt. The Omnia doesn't exactly work -- seeing that it is a windows mobile phone made by Samsung, but it'll do somewhat well. I think it's time for me to just return the phone, and wait it out. Again, there could be no hurt here.

I know that I'm going to have to fight with the Florida salesmen, though. They're all (excuse me for saying this) idiots. They love assuring me the world– long story. Anyway, I can't thank you enough for your post.
Ruben is offline  
Last edited by Ruben; December 30th, 2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:41 PM   #107 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben View Post
Nashdroid, you have brought me hope.
You must mean droidoholic, unless someone verifying that htcpassion.com has been debunked is cause to bring you hope.
wonderbread is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:51 AM   #108 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Nashdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 924
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (retired), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (returned), Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 604
Thanked 1,494 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
You must mean droidoholic, unless someone verifying that htcpassion.com has been debunked is cause to bring you hope.
I believe he was refering to a couple of posts that I made on the first page of this thread, not the post that said something about htcpassion.com behind debunked.
__________________
Something BIG is coming...
Nashdroid is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 05:18 AM   #109 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Doit2it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,956
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII, ASUS Transformer TF101
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 151
Thanked 459 Times in 330 Posts
Default

Well with pricing and plans out on the Nexus One, looks like I'll stay with Verizon and hold out for the HTC Incredible. The only thing special about the Nexus One is it's the first 1Ghz Android to market (No VoIP, no 'out of the ordinary' pricing). So consider me waiting...still...
__________________
Apps on my SIII
OK, I admit it, I'm a Twit
Dropbox! 2Gb free cloud storage
SIII - CleanROM 7 BMF1 / TF101 - KatKiss 4.4.2
Doit2it is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 07:12 AM   #110 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montana
Posts: 234
 
Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 37 Times in 16 Posts
Default

At least you're not waiting alone....
cdmta is offline  
sponsored links
Old December 30th, 2009, 08:52 AM   #111 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 46
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 59 Times in 7 Posts
Default

This is not the first time we have heard a January 5th date...regarding teh Nexus One release. So hopefully Verizon's version will be right around the corner.
brodymon is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 08:54 AM   #112 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 984
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 149 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodymon View Post
This is not the first time we have heard a January 5th date...regarding teh Nexus One release. So hopefully Verizon's version will be right around the corner.
Quite frankly if Verizon has something up its sleeve, better to announce it the 4th and take the wind out of Google's sails.
Mykpfsu is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 09:44 AM   #113 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
eipee73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 612
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt (Rooted) Liquid Smooth 3.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 279
Thanked 167 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraze0g
okay guys, finally news leaked. and looks like verizon is gonna be either hit or miss. we are NOT getting a new HTC Passion this early as some thought, it seems that verizon has a close relationship with motorola so you better get used to it ;\

As i've stated before i follow the feeds on these new early android phones, and basically, its been pretty much confirmed that HTC's only focus right now is the Nexus One. It is HTC's pride and glory as it will be completely 'googlized' and will only be avaliable on the t-mobile network (figures since they have been together the longest).. so as far as i know and what i've been reading, goodbye htc rumors for verizon this early in the year. They also stated the the droid eris will become quote "long in the tooth" once this new device is launched.

Bigger news is with motorola (the only company that seems to have any relationship right now with CES and verizon) will be releasing a new android based phone for AT&T with oled screen and physical keyboard but will lack many basics such as 2.0 OS, instead running on 1.6.

For us verizon users, it is also stated this morning that motorola "may announce" (yes they will) a second android phone for verizon wireless. forget about the droid devour, this phone is rumored to have ONLY a soft keyboard, no hardware keyboard. Could this be the sholes that have been rumored? images have been leaked so be sure to check it out. the phone is also supposed to pack a punch with 800mhz and has a more consumer friendly design with rounded edges. Also comes packed with a 8megapixel camera! Earlier reports said that the next motorola phone was going to be 'little brother droid', the devour. Boy, would this be a laughing stock. That thing belongs somewhere in toys 'r us!

the fact that htc is now moving away from its only 'google phone' to compete with the world and instead teaming with t-mobile is a bit sad for many do not like motorola. but its going to be something we may have to live with for awhile.

This is heartbreaking for me because I was going to pick up the Droid today (30th), but now I want to see about this new motorola phone coming to verizon. If its the sholes and the leaked pictures are correct, it looks like a very nice device running 2.1.

Verizon/Motorola will be holding the announcement on the 6th of January (day after the release of the nexus one, who would have guessed). I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I hope some of you find this information interesting. if you want more information, go to google and look up new verizon android phone (might even want to throw motorola in there) and look at the LATEST news.

I guess we've been hit by some good and bad news.

One question for people who usually follow CES, when an announcement of a new phone is put up, how long does it usually take for the phone to hit the market?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this on another thread...I'm hoping it's not true...

eipee73 is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 09:52 AM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lake Oswego, Or.
Posts: 393
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 66 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykpfsu View Post
Quite frankly if Verizon has something up its sleeve, better to announce it the 4th and take the wind out of Google's sails.
Agreed, Verizon needs to make a move here soon or lose some customers.

The hypothetical question I have is, what if we don't hear anything from Verizon in the next two weeks? It would imply that Droid/Eris are our only two options for the near future. If this happens I'll seriously consider taking my business to t-mobile.
Phydeaux is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 09:55 AM   #115 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
eipee73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 612
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt (Rooted) Liquid Smooth 3.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 279
Thanked 167 Times in 83 Posts
Default

@Phydeaux: I'm with you on that. I really like the look of the eris, but the outdated hardware and smallish screen are deal-breakers for me. I have a feeling that if VZW was getting something in the next few weeks we'd have at least some information on it by now similar to how the nexus one was "leaked". I really hope VZW pulls through and surprises me with the phone I want, but I wouldn't hold my breath for big red in any situation.
eipee73 is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 10:10 AM   #116 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lake Oswego, Or.
Posts: 393
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 66 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Yeah, we're all familiar with Big Red's business model; great service/crappy phones. Sure they gave us the Droid, which is fine for some, but it's not enough to change my belief that Verizon isn't too interested in being the first to release high-end devices.

If Verizon doesn't pull a rabbit out of their ass in the next couple weeks, and I'm able to transfer my existing number to t-mobile, I may make the jump to Nexus1. Their voice/data plan is only $15 more than my voice-only plan with Verizon.
Phydeaux is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 10:33 AM   #117 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
Yeah, we're all familiar with Big Red's business model; great service/crappy phones. Sure they gave us the Droid, which is fine for some, but it's not enough to change my belief that Verizon isn't too interested in being the first to release high-end devices.

If Verizon doesn't pull a rabbit out of their ass in the next couple weeks, and I'm able to transfer my existing number to t-mobile, I may make the jump to Nexus1. Their voice/data plan is only $15 more than my voice-only plan with Verizon.
Back in mid-November I heard that Verizon was making a push to release a number of smartphones. I believe the direct quote was that Verizon wanted to be considered to have the "best smartphones, best network" so I've been focused on that. From what I can tell, though selection has improved, they're falling short on the first part. Guess this wasn't a serious push by Verizon.
kyler13 is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 11:42 AM   #118 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lake Oswego, Or.
Posts: 393
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 66 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Well, some would argue that they do have the best Android phone on the market (Droid)... for a whole month and a half.
Phydeaux is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:00 PM   #119 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 28
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to jdmp10 Send a message via Yahoo to jdmp10 jdmp10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
Well, some would argue that they do have the best Android phone on the market (Droid)... for a whole month and a half.
I think the Droid was intended to be Google's real launching platform for all future Android based phones and I guess to some degree it has succeeded at that because it has really put Android on the map as a true competitor to the more established smartphone OS's.

Beyond that, the phone itself is not as special as I had hoped it would be. I do like the form factor, how slim it is relative to its competitors given its specs and features but being VZW's current flagship smartphone, it should stand out much more. If it was not for VZW's huge marketing campaign, the phone would probably sell less then half of the current amount.

Granted, VZW or anyone who is bringing a brand new device to the market wants the public to know about it but the device should speak for itself and less of its success should have to do with marketing if the device is something worthy of praise.

And I really do wish from this point on that older, outdated hardware is not used on new devices. This has been mentioned alot in relation to the Droid Eris aside from the horrendous battery life. If it has the Droid hardware at least, I would have gotten it when it was released and be done with it. Its unfortunate that device manufacturers are still cutting corners in area's that cant afford to be cut like hardware.
jdmp10 is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:13 PM   #120 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ruben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,152
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 106
Thanked 349 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
You must mean droidoholic, unless someone verifying that htcpassion.com has been debunked is cause to bring you hope.
You clearly did not read my post. What will we do with you...?
Ruben is offline  
sponsored links
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:55 PM   #121 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Nashdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 924
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (retired), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (returned), Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 604
Thanked 1,494 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben View Post
You clearly did not read my post. What will we do with you...?
I knew exactly what you meant Ruben. Wonderbread must have not read this thread from the beginning, or wasn't thinking that maybe you were referring to my posts towards the beginning of this thread. I knew what you meant though. Have hope brother, I think our waiting will be worth it here pretty soon.
Nashdroid is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:30 PM   #122 (permalink)
Member
 
droidoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 162
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible!!! FINALLY!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 324
Thanked 145 Times in 41 Posts
Default

An article over at phonearena.com mentions that information about the HTC Passion may be available at the 2010 CES next week. They placed this tidbit at the top of the Verizon catagory. Maybe they know something we don't?

Quote:
The HTC Passion – the rumor has it this is the CDMA version of the HTC Nexus One (also known as the Google Phone) and unofficial details about it just keep coming in by dribs and drabs. The latest leaked information on the Nexus One indicates that Google will most probably introduce the handset January 5. We do hope to see it at the exhibition and possibly, unearth further details on its CDMA version.
Link: What should we expect at CES 2010 (Phone Arena News)
__________________
Forget what you thought you knew because you've never seen a DROID like this. The DROID INCREDIBLE, nothing short of its name.
droidoholic is offline  
Last edited by droidoholic; December 30th, 2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:32 PM   #123 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 984
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 149 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
Agreed, Verizon needs to make a move here soon or lose some customers.

The hypothetical question I have is, what if we don't hear anything from Verizon in the next two weeks? It would imply that Droid/Eris are our only two options for the near future. If this happens I'll seriously consider taking my business to t-mobile.
Dont hear anything official from Verizon, or dont get anything concrete? Verizon doesnt have a great track record of announcing launches very well. I mean the Eris was announced the day before it launched and I think the Droid was only a week before launch.
I see no point in taking my business to the only carrier not to have 3G service in Tallahassee (not to mention crap regular coverage). I'll either just get a Droid on a 1 year contract or sign up to become part of the oncoming zombie apocalypse (aka get an Iphone).
Mykpfsu is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #124 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 28
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to jdmp10 Send a message via Yahoo to jdmp10 jdmp10
Default

Anyone here have the Imagio or know anyone who does? I really like that phone, form factor wise and all. Dont like WM but I definitely wont get a Droid and I like the Imagio better then the Eris, I might just get the Imagio till the Verizon Android scene starts to really blossom in this upcoming year.

Generally the reviews for the Imagio have been positive with the usual WM complaints but with the Sense UI, the Imagio is probably the best WM based smartphone currently on the market.
jdmp10 is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 03:10 PM   #125 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Nashdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 924
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (retired), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (returned), Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 604
Thanked 1,494 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmp10 View Post
Anyone here have the Imagio or know anyone who does? I really like that phone, form factor wise and all. Dont like WM but I definitely wont get a Droid and I like the Imagio better then the Eris, I might just get the Imagio till the Verizon Android scene starts to really blossom in this upcoming year.

Generally the reviews for the Imagio have been positive with the usual WM complaints but with the Sense UI, the Imagio is probably the best WM based smartphone currently on the market.
I'm personally dead set on waiting until a phone like this one we're waiting for comes out. My LG Dare is fine and is working just great for what I need it for right now. So, I'm just going to wait it out, because I don't want to be stuck with a phone for 2 years that doesn't do EVERYTHING that I want my next phone to do. When I finally get a data plan and am paying Verizon more, I at least want that data to be able to be experienced on a phone that will do it justice. So, that's my plan. I'll wait. Time goes by so fast. So, even if this phone or something like it is released in the spring or in the summer, I'll wait till then. Months go by fast and it's still hard to believe Christmas came and went and 2010 will be here in a couple of days. So...if you know what you want, just wait for it. That's my game plan anyways.
Nashdroid is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 04:15 PM   #126 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 28
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to jdmp10 Send a message via Yahoo to jdmp10 jdmp10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashdroid View Post
I'm personally dead set on waiting until a phone like this one we're waiting for comes out. My LG Dare is fine and is working just great for what I need it for right now. So, I'm just going to wait it out, because I don't want to be stuck with a phone for 2 years that doesn't do EVERYTHING that I want my next phone to do. When I finally get a data plan and am paying Verizon more, I at least want that data to be able to be experienced on a phone that will do it justice. So, that's my plan. I'll wait. Time goes by so fast. So, even if this phone or something like it is released in the spring or in the summer, I'll wait till then. Months go by fast and it's still hard to believe Christmas came and went and 2010 will be here in a couple of days. So...if you know what you want, just wait for it. That's my game plan anyways.
Well your right that time does fly much faster then we think but you know how it is, when you are anticipating something it seems as if things are going in slow motion and if we could im sure we would all want the power to fast forward time as we please.

I do agree that since the data plan is required for all smartphones, it would be wise to get a phone that would fully utilize the premium we pay to own a smartphone. I guess I will wait till the end of January to see if we hear anything official.
jdmp10 is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #127 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Nashdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 924
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (retired), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (returned), Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 604
Thanked 1,494 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmp10 View Post
Well your right that time does fly much faster then we think but you know how it is, when you are anticipating something it seems as if things are going in slow motion and if we could im sure we would all want the power to fast forward time as we please.

I do agree that since the data plan is required for all smartphones, it would be wise to get a phone that would fully utilize the premium we pay to own a smartphone. I guess I will wait till the end of January to see if we hear anything official.
Oh yeah brother, I totally know what you mean. It's like being a kid and waiting for Christmas or for a two hour car drive to be over. It just seems so long when it's really not that long at all. Kinda like being at work and looking at the clock every five minutes. Painful. haha
Nashdroid is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 04:39 PM   #128 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmp10 View Post
Anyone here have the Imagio or know anyone who does? I really like that phone, form factor wise and all. Dont like WM but I definitely wont get a Droid and I like the Imagio better then the Eris, I might just get the Imagio till the Verizon Android scene starts to really blossom in this upcoming year.

Generally the reviews for the Imagio have been positive with the usual WM complaints but with the Sense UI, the Imagio is probably the best WM based smartphone currently on the market.
Hey bud, yeah I had the imagio for about 2 weeks and returned it. That phone is almost the same size as an iphone, looks way nicer cause of the back. Its overall a nice looking phone and it has a lot of features.

Downside
Microsoft OS on it really killed it for me, everything you need to do to really play around with the phone was in WM 6.5. The HTC sense or whatever program it used was only skin deep. you needed to interact with the WM 6.5 way too much and those aren't touch friendly.

The portrait keyboard was ok to use but in landscape HTC killed it by adding scrolling keys to the side which made the keys so small, smaller than a keyboard on a 3 inch screen. I have video game thumbs and it made my hand hurt trying to type on that. Overall those were the only bad things I found.
Gark is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 04:49 PM   #129 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ruben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,152
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 106
Thanked 349 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gark View Post
Hey bud, yeah I had the imagio for about 2 weeks and returned it. That phone is almost the same size as an iphone, looks way nicer cause of the back. Its overall a nice looking phone and it has a lot of features.

Downside
Microsoft OS on it really killed it for me, everything you need to do to really play around with the phone was in WM 6.5. The HTC sense or whatever program it used was only skin deep. you needed to interact with the WM 6.5 way too much and those aren't touch friendly.

The portrait keyboard was ok to use but in landscape HTC killed it by adding scrolling keys to the side which made the keys so small, smaller than a keyboard on a 3 inch screen. I have video game thumbs and it made my hand hurt trying to type on that. Overall those were the only bad things I found.
I believe it is called touch-flo 3D. I guess what you are looking for is a full HTC user interface phone. lol
Ruben is offline  
Old December 30th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #130 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 46
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 59 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I may be done with these "forums"...you get people on here acting as if they are the Pres of HTC or Verizon and spouting off as if they actually know something. In the span of a few days we have one guys saying that Verizon ordered 1.7 million android phones from HTC and they were coming...then you get some idiot saying Verizon is not getting any new android phones from HTC because they are attached at the hip to Motorola. I am done!! I will simply wait and see what happens...the suspense should be over in 2 weeks. These insiders are "full of it" LOL

Give me my HTC Passion!!!
brodymon is offline  
sponsored links
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:17 AM   #131 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

You'll be back...
wonderbread is offline  
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:44 AM   #132 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodymon View Post
I may be done with these "forums"...you get people on here acting as if they are the Pres of HTC or Verizon and spouting off as if they actually know something. In the span of a few days we have one guys saying that Verizon ordered 1.7 million android phones from HTC and they were coming...then you get some idiot saying Verizon is not getting any new android phones from HTC because they are attached at the hip to Motorola. I am done!! I will simply wait and see what happens...the suspense should be over in 2 weeks. These insiders are "full of it" LOL

Give me my HTC Passion!!!
I'll take a bunch of rumors and hearsay from those people even if none of it is true. At least it gives me something interesting to read. What you wrote doesn't do anything for anyone, LOL
GadgetAddicted is offline  
Old December 31st, 2009, 11:42 PM   #133 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 28
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This thing better come out soon. I'm about to take my Droid back its buggy as hell and its starting to piss me off. Thisi thing is not fast.
vzwfanboy is offline  
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:06 AM   #134 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ruben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,152
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 106
Thanked 349 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodymon View Post
I may be done with these "forums"...you get people on here acting as if they are the Pres of HTC or Verizon and spouting off as if they actually know something. In the span of a few days we have one guys saying that Verizon ordered 1.7 million android phones from HTC and they were coming...then you get some idiot saying Verizon is not getting any new android phones from HTC because they are attached at the hip to Motorola. I am done!! I will simply wait and see what happens...the suspense should be over in 2 weeks. These insiders are "full of it" LOL

Give me my HTC Passion!!!
We just take rumors and make guesses as to what they mean. If you don't like that, silently leave. You don't need to announce it. I'm sick of people making scenes when they don't like something in the forums.
Ruben is offline  
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:34 AM   #135 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 46
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 59 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
We just take rumors and make guesses as to what they mean. If you don't like that, silently leave. You don't need to announce it. I'm sick of people making scenes when they don't like something in the forums.
Relax Francis....I was half joking regarding all of the "experts". This whole thing is funny because we are all simply guessing.....I have never waited like this for a piece of technology. I hope this phone is good and I hope it comes soon..
brodymon is offline  
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:26 PM   #136 (permalink)
Member
 
kdkinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Inverness.Florida
Posts: 118
 
Device(s): DROIDX - at present time Omnia i920 Omnia i910
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Default

I've read this forum and have read quite a few good comments.
Its all speculation and guessing on everyones part.

If you went back two or more years and read the VZW forum about the "new Omnia" I guess the comparisons would be very simular.
We all WANT the BEST new thing I know I do...

A couple of things are guaranteed though.

What ever is hot today will be luke warm tomorrow.
The price you pay today will be 50% less in 6 months.
I'm only human why can't I be satisfied!!!

kdkinc is offline  
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #137 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Even in light of the news development that N1 will be coming to VZW in Spring, I still believe Bravo can come to VZW too. That is, if Google sticks to their web sales model even for VZW. If this is the case, that N1 is not sold in VZW stores, Verizon will have NO problem selling a similar product in their stores that might be even better (optical/sense ui). Even though VZW has agreed to be a carrier I think they'd be happier out selling the N1 with an in store model because they will have higher margins on the in store model (don't have to share profit with google) and because VZW likes control and the N1 is a product that is not under their control.
wonderbread is offline  
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:03 PM   #138 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 53
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Might give Verizon till the end of the month for the Bravo to come...then it's time to switch to Tmobile. I live in Southern California so I'll have plenty of 3G.
Gattaca714 is offline  
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #139 (permalink)
Member
 
kwaping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 150
 
Device(s): Black Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 123
Thanked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Wonderbread: Wow, you make a lot of sense there! (No pun intended.) +rep!
kwaping is offline  
Last edited by kwaping; January 5th, 2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #140 (permalink)
Member
 
kdkinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Inverness.Florida
Posts: 118
 
Device(s): DROIDX - at present time Omnia i920 Omnia i910
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Ok,what would you do??

The HTC passion/incredible with with Android 2.1 come out February...
Then the HTC HD2 comes out with Winmo 7 about same time.
Two great phones (the same) but with different O/S
kdkinc is offline  
sponsored links
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #141 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 53
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Easy... HTC HD2. Bigger screen.
Gattaca714 is offline  
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #142 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
shawn487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 737
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 278
Thanked 442 Times in 214 Posts
Default

@wonderbread
ya i was thinking the same thing. if htc was putting all there nuts in a bag for google dont you think they would have included sense ui on it? didnt they already port 2.1 to the hero using sense?
shawn487 is offline  
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #143 (permalink)
Member
 
Nigelahmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 181
 
Device(s): Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 23
Thanked 29 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdkinc View Post
Ok,what would you do??

The HTC passion/incredible with with Android 2.1 come out February...
Then the HTC HD2 comes out with Winmo 7 about same time.
Two great phones (the same) but with different O/S
unless Winmo 7 turns out to be revolutionary...which i dont think it is...android without a doubt
Nigelahmad is offline  
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #144 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

@shawn487 Plus HTC has got to be eager to get out of the Google shadow and show what they have done with the 2.0 platform. Thanks for the rep kwaping!

p.s. don't know about hero 2.1 having sense. haven't seen that
wonderbread is offline  
Last edited by wonderbread; January 5th, 2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #145 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
shawn487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 737
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 278
Thanked 442 Times in 214 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post

p.s. don't know about hero 2.1 having sense. haven't seen that
i just looked it up on you tube after i made the post and i dont think it has actually been done yet it looks like a fake. but think 2.1 with the live animation back ground (water) your forcast says its rainning outside so it doing the rain weather widget and as the drops are hitting the background animation it is creating little ripples from the drops. now that would be cool. usefull no but still cool
shawn487 is offline  
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:41 AM   #146 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 46
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 59 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I am praying that the Bravo will still be coming top Verizon in January. It looks like the Nexus One and Bravo are two different devices. I really like the user experience on the HTC and the N1 does not seem to give the same experience. It will be a HUGE bummer if we have to wait until the Spring to get a new Android device from Verizon. That will make one VERY cold winter!
I do not want the N1 I want the HTC with UI sense and multi-touch. Hopefully Verizon will make an announcement regarding an HTC phone launch this week...if not I will be forced to wait.

Very disapointed right now. Lets find the guy in this forum who worked at the Verizon store and maybe has some inside info to share.
brodymon is offline  
Old January 6th, 2010, 11:10 AM   #147 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
YankeeDudeL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,174
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, OG Droid, Droid Incredible, Droid Charge, Droid Bionic, Samsung Stratosphere, Ace
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,352
Thanked 519 Times in 301 Posts
Send a message via AIM to YankeeDudeL Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeDudeL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
Even in light of the news development that N1 will be coming to VZW in Spring, I still believe Bravo can come to VZW too. That is, if Google sticks to their web sales model even for VZW. If this is the case, that N1 is not sold in VZW stores, Verizon will have NO problem selling a similar product in their stores that might be even better (optical/sense ui). Even though VZW has agreed to be a carrier I think they'd be happier out selling the N1 with an in store model because they will have higher margins on the in store model (don't have to share profit with google) and because VZW likes control and the N1 is a product that is not under their control.
I really think VZW just wants smartphones out there, period. While they're making significant bank on these phones, the real money is the plans. With the Droid and Eris and soon the N1 and Passion (or whatever), they're about to have a smartphone for every budget, and a whole lot of $30 data plans.

Anyone else notice how cheap and available the Eris has become?
__________________
"How many bloody Gs are there?"
YankeeDudeL is offline  
Old January 6th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #148 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montana
Posts: 234
 
Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 37 Times in 16 Posts
Default

I've been following this guys twitter posts. (he did say nexus one was coming to verizon)

His latest post: "HTC Passion to VZW in next few weeks; N1 by late Spring."

http://twitter.com/chneukirch

Interesting. that would mean a sense toting passion very soon, and a vanilla android nexus in spring.
funny he says "late spring". I've read spring/early spring/now late spring. At CES, they said as soon as they can integrate verizon into their store.
cdmta is offline  
Last edited by cdmta; January 6th, 2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old January 6th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #149 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mcbtrain929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ChiTown
Posts: 918
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 107
Thanked 137 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmta View Post
I've been following this guys twitter posts. (he did say nexus one was coming to verizon)

His latest post: "HTC Passion to VZW in next few weeks; N1 by late Spring."

Chad Neukirch (chneukirch) on Twitter

Interesting. that would mean a sense toting passion very soon, and a vanilla android nexus in spring.
funny he says "late spring". I've read spring/early spring/now late spring. At CES, they said as soon as they can integrate verizon into their store.
yeah, that tweet was in response to my tweet to him. i asked him if, when he said the passion was coming to VZW (and since we now know N1 is coming to VZW), if they were the same thing. in that reply, he said no. passion in a few weeks with senseUI, N1 in the spring. i hope to hell is he right.
mcbtrain929 is offline  
Old January 6th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #150 (permalink)
Member
 
Nigelahmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 181
 
Device(s): Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 23
Thanked 29 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Cool.
Vodophone announced that they are getting the N1 in a few short weeks. Verizon could be doing the same?

I really hope this passion has all the specs of the N1 plus sense..or at least sense's keyboard lol
Nigelahmad is offline  
Closed Thread

Buy the HTC Passion
Sign up for instant notification when the HTC Passion goes on sale!
HTC Passion

The HTC Passion is largely believed to have launched as the Nexus One. However, just as the HTC Dream launched after the T-Mobile G1 (both being identical phones), we're keeping the HTC Passion on the list as an additional phone/brand until the... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > HTC Passion
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.