Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > HTC Passion

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default HTC Passion for TMobile in the US? Or only for other carriers?

Hi All: I'm very tempted to get the Nexus One but it was brought up to me that the HTC Passion is coming to the US in either January or March.

The part that I do not know at all is whether the HTC Passion is going to be for TMobile USA bands or only other carriers like Verizon et al.

I'm currently on Tmobile and have been for a long time, and it seems to work for me even though i realize that Verizon's network is the best where I live (Manhattan). The Tmobile bands allow me to swap out the SIM card when I travel, so overall, I'm ok with it despite the less than ideal coverage in Manhattan and the so-so 3G here in Manhattan.

Should the consensus here be that the HTC Passion will indeed come to the US for TMobile's bands, and that it will come soon, i.e. not too much later than March, then i'd like to ask what you all think of the Nexus One? Should i wait for the HTC Passion or simply get the Nexus One? I'm concerned about all the talk about the seemingly endless talk about the lack of any live humans to talk to via Google's support - it also seems like you really have to "hope for" a trouble-free Nexus One, otherwise you'd be in for a rude awakening as the customer support for the Nexus One is slim.

Thx in advance and I look forward to hearing from you all.

DualMonitors is offline  
Last edited by DualMonitors; January 22nd, 2010 at 08:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 22nd, 2010, 09:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 319
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 125
Thanked 53 Times in 25 Posts
Default

No one can give you an answer for sure other than speculation as there has been no concrete information about who the Carrier will be in the US.

If you are looking for something official, you will need to wait longer.
heyeaglefn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 10:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

The Nexus One IS the HTC Passion. The only thing else I could see coming to T-Mobile is a version of the Bravo, and I'd bet summer at the earliest the way they trail GSM world releases. You have the Nexus One already and the HD2 coming real soon. If you want high end Android on T-Mobile (and sooner rather than later) I'd get the Nexus One. You have to decide if it's worth putting up with the issues. Some people have none.
kyler13 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 10:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 74
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yeah, I was going to post that earlier.

N1, HD2 ... now you want this?
vapordub is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 10:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
shawn487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 737
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 278
Thanked 442 Times in 214 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapordub View Post
Yeah, I was going to post that earlier.

N1, HD2 ... now you want this?
ahh greed somehow it even gets the best of them
shawn487 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 11:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 984
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 149 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapordub View Post
Yeah, I was going to post that earlier.

N1, HD2 ... now you want this?
Its my understanding that the HD2 is only good until you get to the un-sense-modified windows mobile parts. Then it goes down hill from there. But tmobile trails so badly not only in number of customers but network coverage compared to the other three that all they can rely on is phones.
Mykpfsu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 05:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

It will only be for T-mobile initially. HTC has an exclusivity agreement for T-mobile in the USA that they are the only carrier of the HTC Bravo for the initial period.

The T-mobile HTC Bravo is coming out in April on NATCO day.
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 05:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
shawn487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 737
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 278
Thanked 442 Times in 214 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
It will only be for T-mobile initially. HTC has an exclusivity agreement for T-mobile in the USA that they are the only carrier of the HTC Bravo for the initial period.

The T-mobile HTC Bravo is coming out in April on NATCO day.
where did you see this HTC exlusivity deal with T-mobile? NATCO day was the talking about the release of the Bravo on T-mobile Europe not usa
shawn487 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 07:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
It will only be for T-mobile initially. HTC has an exclusivity agreement for T-mobile in the USA that they are the only carrier of the HTC Bravo for the initial period.

The T-mobile HTC Bravo is coming out in April on NATCO day.
You must mean for the HD2. We don't know if T-Mobile USA is even getting the Bravo, nevermind getting it exclusively.
kyler13 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 09:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn487 View Post
where did you see this HTC exlusivity deal with T-mobile? NATCO day was the talking about the release of the Bravo on T-mobile Europe not usa

The Bravo is coming out in Europe too on NATCO day?
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 24th, 2010, 07:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
The Bravo is coming out in Europe only on NATCO day?
(Fixed.)

Yes.
kyler13 is online now  
Last edited by kyler13; January 24th, 2010 at 07:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 46
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

To the OP...I'm in the exact same position as u..I just found out bout the bravo last week and I had been wantin to get a N1. But I think waiting til the bravo comes out will worth it. Or atleast til we know for sure if it'll be on t-mo in the US or not...by then hopefully the N1 will be a lil bit more stable
acjei is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 06:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13 View Post
Yes.

Not so sure about that. The Bravo is coming to T-mobile. April. Call it another name if you want, but it's still the model made by HTC called the Bravo.
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
Not so sure about that. The Bravo is coming to T-mobile. April. Call it another name if you want, but it's still the model made by HTC called the Bravo.
T-Mobile Europe. Anything else is left field. Is it that you think if you repeat the same made-up statement enough times, it'll come true? We should call you Sooperdroid.
kyler13 is online now  
Last edited by kyler13; January 24th, 2010 at 06:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 177
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
Not so sure about that. The Bravo is coming to T-mobile. April. Call it another name if you want, but it's still the model made by HTC called the Bravo.
if you are going to keep posting in every forum that the bravo is going to tmobile usa then provide a link to where you found this info. and if you are going off the leaked spec sheets that were released , then let me say this very slowly for you since you seem to ignore it over and over. THOSE RELEASE DATES ARE FOR EUROPE, NOT FOR THE USA. THERE HAS BEEN NO CONFIRMATION FOR ANY RELEASE DATE IN THE USA NOR HAS THERE BEEN ANY CONFIRMATION OF CARRIERS FOR THE USA OR EVEN IF THIS PHONE IS COMING TO THE USA AT ALL. SO STOP SAYING IT WILL BE RELEASED ON T MOBILE USA ON NATCO DAY UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME DOCUMENTATION TO BACK THAT UP!
evilotto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 07:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montana
Posts: 234
 
Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 37 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Yeah
cdmta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13 View Post
T-Mobile Europe. Anything else is left field. Is it that you think if you repeat the same made-up statement enough times, it'll come true? We should call you Sooperdroid.

If you are going to keep posting that the HTC Bravo is only going to T-mobile Europe, then provide a link to where you found this info. NATCO Day. Know what it stands for? Google is your friend. Check it.
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 05:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
If you are going to keep posting that the HTC Bravo is only going to T-mobile Europe, then provide a link to where you found this info. NATCO Day. Know what it stands for? Google is your friend. Check it.
Everything you need to know is right HERE: [EXCLUSIVE] HTC Portfolio 2010 (Q1-Q2) - xda-developers

Stop being annoying and lazy and read it. All the bands in this brochure are Europe's 3G bands. None for the US. And for the record, I know what NATCO day is. You keep parroting that like it has any significance to the unsubstantiated rumor you're perpetuating. Now, let's see your link you keep failing to post despite being challenged multiple times. What? I didn't think so.

I'd love for you to prove me wrong with some hard evidence but clearly you cannot. Adios, Sooperdroid.
kyler13 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 08:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
SmallTownGypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: East TN, USA
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): BBS1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Maybe I just missed it, but are we for sure it's going to T-mobile in the UK? I'm not saying it isn't. However, I was under the impression that "TMO" in the brochure simply meant these were phones TMO UK was interested in, not a for sure done deal. As for NATCO day, perhaps I am wrong on this, too, but that's not a set day, right? It's just a day when a carrier comes to agreement with a device manufacturer.
I'm still new at device chasing, so forgive me if I am mistaken.
[EXCLUSIVE] HTC Portfolio 2010 (Q1-Q2) - xda-developers

PS: I still do not know what NATCO stands for, so if anyone wants to share rather then challenging everyone else to figure it out, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
SmallTownGypsy is offline  
Last edited by SmallTownGypsy; January 25th, 2010 at 08:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 177
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownGypsy View Post
Maybe I just missed it, but are we for sure it's going to T-mobile in the UK? I'm not saying it isn't. However, I was under the impression that "TMO" in the brochure simply meant these were phones TMO UK was interested in, not a for sure done deal. As for NATCO day, perhaps I am wrong on this, too, but that's not a set day, right? It's just a day when a carrier comes to agreement with a device manufacturer.
I'm still new at device chasing, so forgive me if I am mistaken.
[EXCLUSIVE] HTC Portfolio 2010 (Q1-Q2) - xda-developers

PS: I still do not know what NATCO stands for, so if anyone wants to share rather then challenging everyone else to figure it out, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
ok, to help you out and to get blinky to stop acting like he thinks he knows something everyone else doesn't...natco day is just an internal term (day) used by t mobile when they go out and talk to phone manufacturers about phones they are interested in, they call it natco day. no biggie there, really doesn't tell you much other than the phones in the brochure are ones that t mobile has interest in. as far as the uk release i believe this is the most substantiated info for that...apparently there is an official facebook page for "3 sweden" that announced they would be getting the phone in march.
evilotto is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
SmallTownGypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: East TN, USA
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): BBS1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilotto View Post
ok, to help you out and to get blinky to stop acting like he thinks he knows something everyone else doesn't...natco day is just an internal term (day) used by t mobile when they go out and talk to phone manufacturers about phones they are interested in, they call it natco day. no biggie there, really doesn't tell you much other than the phones in the brochure are ones that t mobile has interest in. as far as the uk release i believe this is the most substantiated info for that...apparently there is an official facebook page for "3 sweden" that announced they would be getting the phone in march.
Okay. Thanks for catching me up.
Since NATCO is just a term used by T-mobile, does it actually stand for something or did someone at the TMO office go, "Hey, this is fun to say. Let's call chat days 'NATCO' days! It will be fun to see other people try to figure out what it stands for!"
SmallTownGypsy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13 View Post
Everything you need to know is right HERE: [EXCLUSIVE] HTC Portfolio 2010 (Q1-Q2) - xda-developers

Stop being annoying and lazy and read it. All the bands in this brochure are Europe's 3G bands. None for the US. And for the record, I know what NATCO day is. You keep parroting that like it has any significance to the unsubstantiated rumor you're perpetuating. Now, let's see your link you keep failing to post despite being challenged multiple times. What? I didn't think so.

I'd love for you to prove me wrong with some hard evidence but clearly you cannot. Adios, Sooperdroid.


Thanks for posting the link to the link of a rumor that has that the HTC Bravo is coming to T-mobile on NATCO day! Ha! You used a link to disprove your own point!
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation
 
shawn1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,174
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 32GB Gold iPhone 5s - 16GB Nexus 7 (2nd gen) - Chromecast
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 186
Thanked 290 Times in 208 Posts
Default

If you're going to do the T-Mobile wait game, you might want to hold off until the Moto Motoroi hits stateside.
shawn1224 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Blinky either you're trolling or you need to learn how to read. He specifically mentioned that the brochure he linked was for Europe only....
jiraiya31685 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
Thanks for posting the link to the link of a rumor that has that the HTC Bravo is coming to T-mobile on NATCO day! Ha! You used a link to disprove your own point!
The guy is in Europe. He said he got the brochure at an event in Vienna. All the listed 3G bands are 900/2100MHz which is not supported in North America, but Europe. Are you really this dumb?
kyler13 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 10:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 984
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 149 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13 View Post
The guy is in Europe. He said he got the brochure at an event in Vienna. All the listed 3G bands are 900/2100MHz which is not supported in North America, but Europe. Are you really this dumb?
You really have to ask that?
Mykpfsu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:06 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13 View Post
The guy is in Europe. He said he got the brochure at an event in Vienna. All the listed 3G bands are 900/2100MHz which is not supported in North America, but Europe. Are you really this dumb?

Umm, yeah no sheet Sherlock. I never said that the guy wasn't in Europe. It is YOUR contention that the phone is only coming out in Europe, not mine. Pointing out the link does nothing to dispel what I've said. In fact, nowhere in the link you posted even indicates that the Bravo is ONLY coming out in Europe, which is what you are trying to prove to yourself and your little buddy. OUCH!
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 05:59 AM   #28 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
SmallTownGypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: East TN, USA
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): BBS1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm not sure that's what he is trying to prove. Only that as of yet there has been no confirmation or even a hint that the phone is coming to the US. Not saying it's ONLY Europe, just ONLY Europe so far.
At least that's what I was getting from the discussion.
SmallTownGypsy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:19 AM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykpfsu View Post
You really have to ask that?
You're right. My bad. From here on out I'll just stop feeding the troll.
kyler13 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 06:56 AM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13 View Post
You're right. My bad. From here on out I'll just stop feeding the troll.

And this coming from the guy who uses rumors on internet forums as the basis for his evidence. Haha!
Feeding the "troll"? Haha! I guess kyler likes to eat then. Keep feeding yourself fool!
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Reply

Buy the HTC Passion
Sign up for instant notification when the HTC Passion goes on sale!
HTC Passion

The HTC Passion is largely believed to have launched as the Nexus One. However, just as the HTC Dream launched after the T-Mobile G1 (both being identical phones), we're keeping the HTC Passion on the list as an additional phone/brand until the... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > HTC Passion
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.