Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > HTC Passion

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 4th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #51 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Sasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 82
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default


Advertisements
Sasquatch is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 4th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #52 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Ok, some light to shed on why there were two phones mentioned in the test report:
Quote:
Pocket PC Phone 1 EUT with LCD Panel 1 + Camera 1
Pocket PC Phone 2 EUT with LCD Panel 2 + Camera 2
It seems as though they are making the phone with two different LCD panels. The first thing that came to mind is that they will have an option for OLED vs. lower priced LCD but I don't think that is the intention. I believe there will be only one phone with one price but that they are using two different OLED suppliers due to shortages. They have to test the phone with both panels to measure the emissions. Strange that they list two cameras as well though. Who knows.

p.s. If T-mobile is getting this phone, which the frequencies support, it will be pretty crazy. They will have the two 4.3" smartphones on the market, the HD2 running WinMo and Supersonic running Android
wonderbread is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #53 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Sasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 82
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Those "ROAMING" and "NO SERVICE" messages ought to look great on those high resolution displays.
Sasquatch is offline  
Last edited by Sasquatch; February 4th, 2010 at 04:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 03:54 PM   #54 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 50
 
Device(s): Nexus One on AT&T and loving it
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Looks like HTC is pop'n them out this quarter. My question though, how is this information located manually? When I go to the FCC website and do a search for the model numbers (N1, new N1 and whatever else just came up, I get nothing)
Three is offline  
Last edited by Three; February 4th, 2010 at 03:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 04:29 PM   #55 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Hold up, couldn't this just be the HD2 for T-mobile (U.S.)?
wonderbread is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #56 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Go to https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

enter NM8 under Grantee code (thats HTC's code) and "show 500 searches" and "start search". It will list all HTC devices in the USA. Then click "grant date" to sort by date. At the top will be the lastest device
RXWatcher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #57 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
Those "ROAMING" and "NO SERVICE" messages ought to look great on those high resolution displays.
Awesome.
kyler13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 10:30 PM   #58 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 984
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 149 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
Ok, some light to shed on why there were two phones mentioned in the test report:

It seems as though they are making the phone with two different LCD panels. The first thing that came to mind is that they will have an option for OLED vs. lower priced LCD but I don't think that is the intention. I believe there will be only one phone with one price but that they are using two different OLED suppliers due to shortages. They have to test the phone with both panels to measure the emissions. Strange that they list two cameras as well though. Who knows.

p.s. If T-mobile is getting this phone, which the frequencies support, it will be pretty crazy. They will have the two 4.3" smartphones on the market, the HD2 running WinMo and Supersonic running Android
Isnt the Supersonic a Wimax device which would mean Sprint? The HD2 is great, if you dont have to use any of the unmodded Winmo parts of it.
Mykpfsu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #59 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 50
 
Device(s): Nexus One on AT&T and loving it
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXWatcher View Post
Go to https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

enter NM8 under Grantee code (thats HTC's code) and "show 500 searches" and "start search". It will list all HTC devices in the USA. Then click "grant date" to sort by date. At the top will be the lastest device
Thank you very much.
Three is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
vzw+google+htc=:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 339
 
Device(s): Current: Samsung Galaxy S3 with su root. Retired: HTC Thunderbolt rooted with s-off, HTC Incredib
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 162
Thanked 192 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
Hold up, couldn't this just be the HD2 for T-mobile (U.S.)?
Here fcc label for nexusone(pb99100), pb99110(1/29/2010), and the pb81120(2/4/2010

looks like the PB81120 has no marking for sd card or sim. The label is smaller 51mm v 57mm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fccnexusone.JPG (26.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg fccnexusone2.JPG (25.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg fccpb81120.JPG (22.8 KB, 10 views)
vzw+google+htc=:) is offline  
Last edited by vzw+google+htc=:); February 5th, 2010 at 12:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #61 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
JMKosmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Leeper, PA
Posts: 793
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 412
Thanked 354 Times in 185 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to JMKosmo
Default

Well, It's not a Verizon phone :-(

HTC PB81120 flies through the FCC with support for the AWS band (Phone Arena News)
JMKosmo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
vzw+google+htc=:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 339
 
Device(s): Current: Samsung Galaxy S3 with su root. Retired: HTC Thunderbolt rooted with s-off, HTC Incredib
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 162
Thanked 192 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKosmo View Post

Read post 47 through 50. We knew that yesterday am. The phone arena news was posted today. The phone could be a hd2 with windows or maybe the bravo with android
vzw+google+htc=:) is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 05:48 PM   #63 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Here we go again: NM8PB31200

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout =500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=209419&fcc_i d='NM8PB31200'

And this one has CDMA and EV-DO support so, Hello Big Red!

Any clue on which phone this is?

The usual suspects: Incredible / Legend / N1 / Bravo. The first two being more likely.
wonderbread is offline  
Last edited by wonderbread; February 9th, 2010 at 05:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #64 (permalink)
clb
Member
 
clb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: East Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 184
Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Great find wonderbread! Thanks
clb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:01 PM   #65 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Sasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 82
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
Here we go again: NM8PB31200

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout =500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=209419&fcc_i d='NM8PB31200'

And this one has CDMA and EV-DO support so, Hello Big Red!

Any clue on which phone this is?

The usual suspects: Incredible / Legend / N1 / Bravo. The first two being more likely.
1300 battery = Eris sized...probably not Incredible/Bravo/N1. Legend?
Sasquatch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #66 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb View Post
Great find wonderbread! Thanks
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
1300 battery = Eris sized...probably not Incredible/Bravo/N1. Legend?
Yeah, actually reports are pegging the Legend battery at 1300mAh, so this could be the Legend. On the other hand, N1 battery is only 1400mAh so 1300 doesn't necessarily rule out a beefier phone like the Incredible.
wonderbread is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #67 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Sasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 82
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
Thanks.

Yeah, actually reports are pegging the Legend battery at 1300mAh, so this could be the Legend. On the other hand, N1 battery is only 1400mAh so 1300 doesn't necessarily rule out a beefier phone like the Incredible.
As I was just reminded in another forum, the specs for Legend that we've seen so far aren't for VZW...so....what the heck is this thing then? Maybe a CDMA Legend-like phone we haven't seen?
Sasquatch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #68 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Anyone have a link to the Sprint Hero FCC filing? I am wondering if Sprint uses CDMA and EV-DO. If so, it would make sense that Sprint gets the new Hero since they were among the first to get the original Hero.

Evidence to the contrary of that theory is that Sprint ONLY uses the 1900 band where as VZW uses 1900 AND 800-900. PB31200 supports 1900 and 850 so I'd say this is evidence for it being a VZW phone.

Edit: Sprint hero FCC filing tests the 850 band also so they can't be distinguished by which one tests that band.
wonderbread is offline  
Last edited by wonderbread; February 10th, 2010 at 11:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
vzw+google+htc=:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 339
 
Device(s): Current: Samsung Galaxy S3 with su root. Retired: HTC Thunderbolt rooted with s-off, HTC Incredib
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 162
Thanked 192 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
Anyone have a link to the Sprint Hero FCC filing? I am wondering if Sprint uses CDMA and EV-DO. If so, it would make sense that Sprint gets the new Hero since they were among the first to get the original Hero.

Evidence to the contrary of that theory is that Sprint ONLY uses the 1900 band where as VZW uses 1900 AND 800-900. PB31200 supports 1900 and 850 so I'd say this is evidence for it being a VZW phone.

look how big the label is Nexus one at 54.35 length and this new one at 64.8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fccnexusone.JPG (26.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg hd2.JPG (36.6 KB, 11 views)
vzw+google+htc=:) is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #70 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Inland Northwest
Posts: 635
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 222
Thanked 548 Times in 263 Posts
Default

I don't think FCC label size really means very much.

But I guess it's fun to speculate the angle from the grassy knoll.
tdub88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:17 AM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montana
Posts: 234
 
Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 37 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Found the sprint hero fcc filing: https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout =500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=744248&fcc_i d=%27NM8HERO200%27


Mentions CDMA2000 and EVDO only. don't see 850 and 1900 bands.

Confirmation of verizon?
cdmta is offline  
Last edited by cdmta; February 10th, 2010 at 12:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 07:54 AM   #72 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Sasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 82
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmta View Post
Found the sprint hero fcc filing: https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout =500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=744248&fcc_i d=%27NM8HERO200%27


Mentions CDMA2000 and EVDO only. don't see 850 and 1900 bands.

Confirmation of verizon?
Nice work.....so.....something is definitely coming to Verizon in the not too distant future w/a smallish battery.
Sasquatch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #73 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzw+google+htc=:) View Post
look how big the label is Nexus one at 54.35 length and this new one at 64.8
It's longer but not wider. The N1 is 47 across while the new on is 39 which actually amounts to about the same surface area for each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdub88 View Post
I don't think FCC label size really means very much.

But I guess it's fun to speculate the angle from the grassy knoll.
Well, maybe not the actual size but these labels almost always go under the battery so if you can match the shape of the label to the back of a new phone you might be able to deduce which phone the filing is for. The Incredible certainly has a unique back to it. Also worthy to note, that if the pictures we see of the final product do NOT have the FCC label on them, then it is under the battery which means the battery is removable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmta View Post
Found the sprint hero fcc filing: https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout =500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=744248&fcc_i d=%27NM8HERO200%27


Mentions CDMA2000 and EVDO only. don't see 850 and 1900 bands.

Confirmation of verizon?
Good find. The "Report DTS" (page 6) does test the 850 and 1900 bands so we can't confirm VZW. Also, if you look at the operating frequency listed in that Sprint Hero filing and the operating frequency listed in the PB31200 filing, they are the same: 842.7MHz - 848.3MHz. The Eris on the other hand had multiple operating frequencies. Not sure if that is enough to confirm Sprint. I'm sure there's something conclusive in that test report that reveals the carrier but it might take a carrier tech to recognize it.
wonderbread is offline  
Last edited by wonderbread; February 10th, 2010 at 12:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
vzw+google+htc=:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 339
 
Device(s): Current: Samsung Galaxy S3 with su root. Retired: HTC Thunderbolt rooted with s-off, HTC Incredib
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 162
Thanked 192 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
It's longer but not wider. The N1 is 47 across while the new on is 39 which actually amounts to about the same surface area for each.


Well, maybe not the actual size but these labels almost always go under the battery so if you can match the shape of the label to the back of a new phone you might be able to deduce which phone the filing is for. The Incredible certainly has a unique back to it. Also worthy to note, that if the pictures we see of the final product do NOT have the FCC label on them, then it is under the battery which means the battery is removable.

Good find. The "Report DTS" (page 6) does test the 850 and 1900 bands so we can't confirm VZW. Also, if you look at the operating frequency listed in that Sprint Hero filing and the operating frequency listed in the PB31200 filing, they are the same: 842.7MHz - 848.3MHz. The Eris on the other hand had multiple operating frequencies. Not sure if that is enough to confirm Sprint. I'm sure there's something conclusive in that test report that reveals the carrier but it might take a carrier tech to recognize it.
The Eris tests were done with CDMA2000. I am leaning towards it going to Sprint. I looked closer and 2 different labs did the testing. Maybe this is the difference. Hopefully going to Verizon
vzw+google+htc=:) is offline  
Last edited by vzw+google+htc=:); February 10th, 2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Looked at the testing groups.
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #75 (permalink)
clb
Member
 
clb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: East Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 184
Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzw+google+htc=:) View Post
The Eris tests were done with CDMA2000. I am leaning towards it going to Sprint.
So far the only phone rumored for Sprint is the Supersonic right? I hope there's still a chance that this could be for Verizon, but knowing my luck and the luck of everyone on this forum who has been waiting, don't want to get my hopes up just to be crushed again.
clb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #76 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
JMKosmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Leeper, PA
Posts: 793
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 412
Thanked 354 Times in 185 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to JMKosmo
Default

Does anyone think that it is possible that this new FCC filing (PB31200) could be a Verizon version of the Bravo......I know it's crazy....but just a weird notion I got today.
JMKosmo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 12:36 PM   #77 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

So, the FCC has been pretty quiet lately. No new filings today, Monday, because it's a U.S. holiday. The Mobile World Congress started on Sunday and runs through this week so expect a flood of filings tomorrow due to that and due to Monday's filings being held back due to holiday.
wonderbread is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:26 PM   #78 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Not quite a shower of filings but HTC has a new one today: PB76100

Looks like a GSM device...
wonderbread is offline  
Last edited by wonderbread; February 22nd, 2010 at 12:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wonderbread For This Useful Post:
DroidAV8R (February 22nd, 2010)
Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:39 PM   #79 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 41 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Can anything be made of the fact...that in the label locations for the outside boxing seems to be RED?
TYM4FN2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:49 PM   #80 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Certainly if someone could find an image or video of the FCC labels for the new devices (Legend, Desire, Touch HD Mini) we might be able to narrow down the possibilities but the back plate would have to be detached AND battery removed in order to see it. I have yet to see a reviewer removed the battery.

I don't know if the red is significant otherwise.
wonderbread is offline  
Last edited by wonderbread; February 22nd, 2010 at 12:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 22nd, 2010, 01:50 PM   #81 (permalink)
clb
Member
 
clb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: East Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 184
Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
Default

are the bands for the new filing GSM bands?
clb is offline  
Last edited by clb; February 22nd, 2010 at 01:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 02:41 PM   #82 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb View Post
are the bands for the new filing GSM bands?
Yes. There are no CDMA2000 (Verizon) bands tested. The FCC label also shows that it has a SIM card.
wonderbread is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 05:10 PM   #83 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DroidAV8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 604
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound; Droid Incredible (Rooted / Nils' Business GingerSense 3.5); & Droid Incredible 2 (Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 423
Thanked 250 Times in 131 Posts
Default HTC Legend

I think this phone (PB76100) is the Legend running 2.0 ECLAIR. At the bottom of page 8 of the test report, item no. 4 under section "3.2 EUT Exercise Software" reads:

"EUT Run Test Program "HTC SSD Test-Ver.4.4.13.1.plat_2.0ECLAIR-legend"

Here's the link to the report:

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=1241568&native_or_pdf=p df
DroidAV8R is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DroidAV8R For This Useful Post:
wonderbread (February 22nd, 2010)
Old February 22nd, 2010, 06:36 PM   #84 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Mmm spicy meatball. Nice catch. You found this in the standard "Test report"?

Can we find similar clues in the other recent filings?

PB76100: Legend (thanks to DroidAV8R)
PB31200: ?
PB81120: ?
PB99110: ?

Edit: changed PB99100 to PB99110 (99100 is N1)
wonderbread is offline  
Last edited by wonderbread; February 23rd, 2010 at 02:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 10:04 PM   #85 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DroidAV8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 604
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound; Droid Incredible (Rooted / Nils' Business GingerSense 3.5); & Droid Incredible 2 (Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 423
Thanked 250 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
Mmm spicy meatball. Nice catch. You found this in the standard "Test report"?

Can we find similar clues in the other recent filings?

PB76100: Legend (thanks to DroidAV8R)
PB31200: ?
PB81120: ?
PB99100: ?
Wonderbread, thanks for finding the filing in the first place.

For some reason, my IE keeps crashing now when I try to open these downloads. I think my link is from the WLAN test report. It's a slightly different format than I've seen- I don't recall seeing the software version running on the EUT before.

Anyone want to try and look? I'll grab the MacBook from the wife and try to open the reports on the other phones as soon as she's done with her work...
DroidAV8R is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 12:37 PM   #86 (permalink)
Member
 
droidoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 162
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible!!! FINALLY!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 324
Thanked 145 Times in 41 Posts
Default

The PB99100 is the Nexus One. I thought that one had been established a long time ago. I am anxious to find out what the PB31200 CDMA device is though.
__________________
Forget what you thought you knew because you've never seen a DROID like this. The DROID INCREDIBLE, nothing short of its name.
droidoholic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 01:38 PM   #87 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DroidAV8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 604
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound; Droid Incredible (Rooted / Nils' Business GingerSense 3.5); & Droid Incredible 2 (Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 423
Thanked 250 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Okay, computer problem solved, and I was able to review the reports of the other devices.

None of the other devices list the software detail that is listed for the PB76100. Most don't list the software version at all, and the ones that do list a generic baseband and s/w version number that is nothing more than numbers and decimals.

I wonder if the info on the Legend was published by mistake?
DroidAV8R is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 02:10 PM   #88 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Edit: droidholic, you're right. I made a typo. I meant to be referring to PB99110 not PB99100 which HAS been confirmed as N1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidoholic View Post
The PB99100 is the Nexus One. I thought that one had been established a long time ago. I am anxious to find out what the PB31200 CDMA device is though.
Well, we established that the PB number is very close to the N1 and that the bands for the new one look like they would support AT&T but as of yet there is no rumored N1 device for AT&T so I don't know that we can call it yet. There is this interesting bit: New HTC FCC filing but probably not the Bravo the logic being that since the N1 and Desire are so similar already the AT&T Desire could be the filing in question? Seems the Desire was introduced too recently for that to be the case maybe it's still possible. Any other evidence that PB99110 is N1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidAV8R View Post
Okay, computer problem solved, and I was able to review the reports of the other devices.

None of the other devices list the software detail that is listed for the PB76100. Most don't list the software version at all, and the ones that do list a generic baseband and s/w version number that is nothing more than numbers and decimals.

I wonder if the info on the Legend was published by mistake?
I also looked through all of the paper work of one of the filings and couldn't find that program name string. It may have indeed been a mistake including that or at least not truncating it.

PB76100 is the Legend, the BGR article says Sprint is getting the Hero2 but is PB76100 the thing that Sprint is getting? Sprint is CDMA2000 also right? But PB76100 doesn't support CDMA2000. Maybe someone can find the original hero filing and see if the bands line up at all.
wonderbread is offline  
Last edited by wonderbread; February 23rd, 2010 at 02:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 02:25 PM   #89 (permalink)
Member
 
droidoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 162
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible!!! FINALLY!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 324
Thanked 145 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Any other evidence that PB99110 is N1?
How about this?

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=1208685&native_or_pdf=p df

Page 2 says "PB99100 Nexus One" on the label.

Edit: After your edit, I'm with you now. PB99110 = ?
droidoholic is offline  
Last edited by droidoholic; February 23rd, 2010 at 02:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 02:27 PM   #90 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DroidAV8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 604
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound; Droid Incredible (Rooted / Nils' Business GingerSense 3.5); & Droid Incredible 2 (Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 423
Thanked 250 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
PB76100 is the Legend, the BGR article says Sprint is getting the Hero2 but is PB76100 the thing that Sprint is getting? Sprint is CDMA2000 also right? But PB76100 doesn't support CDMA2000. Maybe someone can find the original hero filing and see if the bands line up at all.
What about the possibility that the Sprint/HTC Hero2 is the PB31200?
DroidAV8R is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 23rd, 2010, 02:30 PM   #91 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DroidAV8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 604
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound; Droid Incredible (Rooted / Nils' Business GingerSense 3.5); & Droid Incredible 2 (Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 423
Thanked 250 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidoholic View Post
How about this?

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=1208685&native_or_pdf=p df

Page 2 says "PB99100 Nexus One" on the label.

Edit: After your edit, I'm with you now. PB99110 = ?
How about the PB99110 as the Desire for AT&T (BGR is now reporting that the Desire is headed there)?

The Desire is similar in form/features to the N1 (minus a few small differences), so would it make sense that their model numbers are close as well?
DroidAV8R is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 02:36 PM   #92 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DroidAV8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 604
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound; Droid Incredible (Rooted / Nils' Business GingerSense 3.5); & Droid Incredible 2 (Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 423
Thanked 250 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
Well, we established that the PB number is very close to the N1 and that the bands for the new one look like they would support AT&T but as of yet there is no rumored N1 device for AT&T so I don't know that we can call it yet. There is this interesting bit: New HTC FCC filing but probably not the Bravo the logic being that since the N1 and Desire are so similar already the AT&T Desire could be the filing in question? Seems the Desire was introduced too recently for that to be the case maybe it's still possible. Any other evidence that PB99110 is N1?
Sorry wonderbread, I guess I need to read more carefully- As stated in my post above, I agree that the PB99110 very well may be the Desire for AT&T.
DroidAV8R is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 03:38 PM   #93 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

UPDATED the original thread post with a summary of the filings we have been discussing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidAV8R View Post
What about the possibility that the Sprint/HTC Hero2 is the PB31200?
Maybe, but now that I think of it, Sprint's bands have been discussed and it's pretty much a dead end trying to figure out if it's Sprint or VZW based on supported bands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidAV8R View Post
Sorry wonderbread, I guess I need to read more carefully- As stated in my post above, I agree that the PB99110 very well may be the Desire for AT&T.
No problem. I think we make the same points about it. My take is that the model numbers are too close to be anything other than an N1 with different band support. I think HTC will differentiate the Desire by more than one digit. That said, I have no clue what else 99110 would be other than an unannounced AT&T N1 which now makes a lot less sense given the BGR rumor that AT&T is bringing home the Desire >_<
wonderbread is offline  
Last edited by wonderbread; February 23rd, 2010 at 03:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:58 AM   #94 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Check this out peeps, here's something I just realized while looking through PB31200 documents again. Basically I think I can identify this phone now.



This is a screenshot I took from the PB31200 filing (unknown CDMA2000 phone). Specifically it's from the "RF Exposure Info - PCE Part 1" document but I believe it shows up in other test reports for PB31200. Those of us who have been snooping around have seen this before but now that this story has come out about the Incredible being spotted in Verizon's inventory with model name ADR6300 I think it may be safe to declare that PB31200 is in fact the Incredible for Verizon Wireless.

Can anyone come up with a theory for why PB31200 isn't the Incredible?
wonderbread is offline  
Last edited by wonderbread; February 25th, 2010 at 07:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #95 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Why do bloggers keep stating that the Legend will be the Hero2 and is coming to Sprint? (Phandroid just did it today!)

There is no FCC-based info that hints this is correct is there? (i.e., am I missing something?)
profjoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #96 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DroidAV8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 604
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound; Droid Incredible (Rooted / Nils' Business GingerSense 3.5); & Droid Incredible 2 (Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 423
Thanked 250 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
Check this out peeps, here's something I just realized while looking through PB31200 documents again. Basically I think I can identify this phone now.



This is a screenshot I took from the PB31200 filing (unknown CDMA2000 phone). Specifically it's from the "RF Exposure Info - PCE Part 1" document but I believe it shows up in other test reports for PB31200. Those of us who have been snooping around have seen this before but now that this story has come out about the Incredible being spotted in Verizon's inventory with model name ADR6300 I think it may be safe to declare that PB31200 is in fact the Incredible for Verizon Wireless.

Can anyone come up with a theory for why PB31200 isn't the Incredible?
Wonder, that's a good theory- the battery voltage is even 3.7, just like the N1 (although 1300 v. 1400 mAh).

The only problem I see is that the ADR6300 went through bluetooth cert with v. 2.1+EDR on 1/15/10, and the same docs you have on the PB31200 show that phone as v. 2.0+EDR. Would it make sense to downgrade to 2.0 after 1/15 for purposes of FCC? FWIW, nothing on bluetooth.org about PB31200.
DroidAV8R is offline  
Last edited by DroidAV8R; February 25th, 2010 at 01:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #97 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

I don't know how to explain that discrepancy but I think the existence of the 6300 model number in PB31200 has not been explained either if it's not the ADR6300
wonderbread is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #98 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidAV8R View Post
The only problem I see is that the ADR6300 went through bluetooth cert with v. 2.1+EDR on 1/15/10, and the same docs you have on the PB31200 show that phone as v. 2.0+EDR. Would it make sense to downgrade to 2.0 after 1/15 for purposes of FCC? FWIW, nothing on bluetooth.org about PB31200.
Alrighty, here we go:
Android&Dom over on the Incredible thread made a good comment that HTC Eris is ADR6200VW and that if the corresponding battery model could be found it may lend credence to PB31200 being the Incredible. Well, sure enough BTR6200 is the OEM battery model for the Eris (link).

So, what's left is explaining the 2.1+EDR and I think I have an explanation: The bluetooth cert got a newer version of the Incredible software.
The bluetooth page (here) lists core version 2.1+EDR as has been stated but it also lists software version 0.68.0.1. The PB31200 filing lists core version 2.0+EDR but in the T-Coil test report it lists a software version of 0.62.0.0. Why give bluetooth a newer version, who knows? Maybe they wanted the 2.1 cert and knew the SAR Testing people don't need the latest SW to do their tests.

PB31200 = Incredible \o/
wonderbread is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wonderbread For This Useful Post:
DroidAV8R (February 25th, 2010), Sensei Passion (February 25th, 2010)
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:41 PM   #99 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DroidAV8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 604
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound; Droid Incredible (Rooted / Nils' Business GingerSense 3.5); & Droid Incredible 2 (Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 423
Thanked 250 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
Alrighty, here we go:
Android&Dom over on the Incredible thread made a good comment that HTC Eris is ADR6200VW and that if the corresponding battery model could be found it may lend credence to PB31200 being the Incredible. Well, sure enough BTR6200 is the OEM battery model for the Eris (link).

So, what's left is explaining the 2.1+EDR and I think I have an explanation: The bluetooth cert got a newer version of the Incredible software.
The bluetooth page (here) lists core version 2.1+EDR as has been stated but it also lists software version 0.68.0.1. The PB31200 filing lists core version 2.0+EDR but in the T-Coil test report it lists a software version of 0.62.0.0. Why give bluetooth a newer version, who knows? Maybe they wanted the 2.1 cert and knew the SAR Testing people don't need the latest SW to do their tests.

PB31200 = Incredible \o/
Well sir, it seems the riddle is solved. Great post. Not thrilled with a 1300mAh battery, but yours and Android&Dom's logic make perfect sense.
DroidAV8R is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #100 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
wonderbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 704
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 297 Times in 73 Posts
Default

! NEW FILING: PB99300 !
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout =500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=610626&fcc_i d='NM8PB99300'

CDMA2000
wonderbread is offline  
Last edited by wonderbread; February 26th, 2010 at 11:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wonderbread For This Useful Post:
DroidAV8R (February 26th, 2010)
Reply

Buy the HTC Passion
Sign up for instant notification when the HTC Passion goes on sale!
HTC Passion

The HTC Passion is largely believed to have launched as the Nexus One. However, just as the HTC Dream launched after the T-Mobile G1 (both being identical phones), we're keeping the HTC Passion on the list as an additional phone/brand until the... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > HTC Passion
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.