Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Rezound

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 8th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jikhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 754
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible (WiFi only)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 184 Times in 106 Posts
Default I NEED Official Specs....NOW!

I'm getting antsy for a new phone and ready to part with my Droid Incredible. I better see some official spec leaks within the next week or two, or I'm heading over to the MOTO Bionic.

Advertisements
jikhead is offline  
sponsored links
Old September 9th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jamor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,677
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 (retired galaxy nexus, htc incredible)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 643
Thanked 841 Times in 516 Posts
Default

the big question is does it have HDMI? And will it have Super Amoled Plus?

If lacking both, I'll go for the Samsung Droid Prime if it has them.

Also, Vigor is going to be Gingerbread and the Samsung Droid Prime is going to be Ice Cream Sandwich with the new added touch screen size despite phone being same size.

Disclaimer:

Samsung Droid Prime is 100% rumor totally unconfirmed so DON'T wait for the Droid Prime yet.. it might not come.
jamor is offline  
Last edited by jamor; September 9th, 2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old September 9th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sad Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,494
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,807
Thanked 6,552 Times in 3,946 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamor View Post
the big question is does it have HDMI? And will it have Super Amoled Plus?

If lacking both, I'll go for the Samsung Droid Prime if it has them.

Also, Vigor is going to be Gingerbread and the Samsung Droid Prime is going to be Ice Cream Sandwich with the new added touch screen size despite phone being same size.
While we figure the vigor will be GB i've not seen it confirmed that Prime will be ICS? If prime is a nexus then certainly but if it isn't (and that is how it looks since droid prime seems to be all but confirmed to be name) then we simply don't know. If samsung puts there UI on the prime then no ICS for it for months either
NightAngel79 is online now  
Old September 9th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jamor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,677
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 (retired galaxy nexus, htc incredible)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 643
Thanked 841 Times in 516 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
While we figure the vigor will be GB i've not seen it confirmed that Prime will be ICS? If prime is a nexus then certainly but if it isn't (and that is how it looks since droid prime seems to be all but confirmed to be name) then we simply don't know. If samsung puts there UI on the prime then no ICS for it for months either
the whole samsung nexus prime / droid prime is a mess right now I think I'm jumping the gun because neither could come to verizon realistically.

However, the Vigor will be GB as we have already seen leaked pictures with touch capacitive buttons which absolutely means no ICS.

Now if the leaked pictures are inaccurate and it doesn't have touch capacitive buttons, then it is a whole different story. However it looks pretty legit to me.
jamor is offline  
Last edited by jamor; September 9th, 2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old September 9th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jikhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 754
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible (WiFi only)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 184 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamor View Post
the big question is does it have HDMI? And will it have Super Amoled Plus?

If lacking both, I'll go for the Samsung Droid Prime if it has them.

Also, Vigor is going to be Gingerbread and the Samsung Droid Prime is going to be Ice Cream Sandwich with the new added touch screen size despite phone being same size.

Disclaimer:

Samsung Droid Prime is 100% rumor totally unconfirmed so DON'T wait for the Droid Prime yet.. it might not come.
I doubt it will have SAMOLED+, since Samsung and LG are the two (if not only) LED screen manufacturers. Remember when the Incredible came out last year and you couldn't get one, because these two guys were hoarding all the displays for their own phones? Hence the move away from AMOLED for the other guys. Best we can probably hope for is Super LCD by Sony and not a pentile matrix.

I can really care less about the Prime because I don't really like the feel of the OG Galaxy and GSII...they feel too cheap and plasticy in the hand. That's just me and my opinion only.
jikhead is offline  
Old September 9th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

I dont really care about the prime because most likely it will be droid branded which means wont be direct updates from google. The vigor looks nice and htc is not all anti-dev like moto is so it will have lots of support like the tb did. The prime could also not come out for months so by then there will be something better out. Me personally I can deal with the vigor. Not like it wont get ICS anyway.
redraider1 is offline  
Old September 9th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sad Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,494
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,807
Thanked 6,552 Times in 3,946 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamor View Post
the whole samsung nexus prime / droid prime is a mess right now I think I'm jumping the gun because neither could come to verizon realistically.

However, the Vigor will be GB as we have already seen leaked pictures with touch capacitive buttons which absolutely means no ICS.

Now if the leaked pictures are inaccurate and it doesn't have touch capacitive buttons, then it is a whole different story. However it looks pretty legit to me.
true that..

also pretty sure vigor is GB cause unless this thing doesnt come out till next year you KNOW no update sense ICS will be ready... i mean hell, we are still waiting for GB to make way on our Inc's
NightAngel79 is online now  
Old September 9th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
true that..

also pretty sure vigor is GB cause unless this thing doesnt come out till next year you KNOW no update sense ICS will be ready... i mean hell, we are still waiting for GB to make way on our Inc's
That's because the inc is old lol
redraider1 is offline  
Old September 9th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jamor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,677
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 (retired galaxy nexus, htc incredible)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 643
Thanked 841 Times in 516 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikhead View Post
I doubt it will have SAMOLED+, since Samsung and LG are the two (if not only) LED screen manufacturers. Remember when the Incredible came out last year and you couldn't get one, because these two guys were hoarding all the displays for their own phones? Hence the move away from AMOLED for the other guys. Best we can probably hope for is Super LCD by Sony and not a pentile matrix.

I can really care less about the Prime because I don't really like the feel of the OG Galaxy and GSII...they feel too cheap and plasticy in the hand. That's just me and my opinion only.
I'm growing less fond of Samsung too because of the GPS issues which is important o me.

If the HTC Vigor made it Super LCD I would be really attracted to it because I'd like a phone I can see in the sun. HDMI and 1700 mah battery would seal the deal.

Amoled was awesome for my first android phone but I'm ready to move on to screen types that make more sense in the real world.
jamor is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamor For This Useful Post:
redraider1 (September 9th, 2011), rsarno (October 2nd, 2011)
Old September 9th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamor View Post
I'm growing less fond of Samsung too because of the GPS issues which is important o me.

If the HTC Vigor made it Super LCD I would be really attracted to it because I'd like a phone I can see in the sun. HDMI and 1700 mah battery would seal the deal.

Amoled was awesome for my first android phone but I'm ready to move on to screen types that make more sense in the real world.
Agree I use my phone alot for gps so samsung just is off my list. I have the tb and the screen isnt bad. I had a fascinate and yeah the screen is nice but its not always realistic. As long as their aren't any huge issues with this phone I will be grabbing one.
redraider1 is offline  
sponsored links
Old September 9th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
atrain311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Queensbury, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Too many to keep track of. But most recently a Note 2 and Note 3.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1,115
Thanked 537 Times in 321 Posts
Default

Well, I posted on the Bionic board the other day that while I love my TB, my wife's Dinc is on the fritz and she'll be getting my phone and I'll be getting her upgrade (she doesn't care too much about phones and likes that she gets my hand me downs without having to spend HER money). So, I was pondering getting the Bionic, but now I know what I'm waiting for. Like I was while waiting for my DINC, and TB, I'm pumped.
Back on topic, HDMI and better battery life would make this a no brinner for me.
atrain311 is online now  
Old September 9th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrain311 View Post
Well, I posted on the Bionic board the other day that while I love my TB, my wife's Dinc is on the fritz and she'll be getting my phone and I'll be getting her upgrade (she doesn't care too much about phones and likes that she gets my hand me downs without having to spend HER money). So, I was pondering getting the Bionic, but now I know what I'm waiting for. Like I was while waiting for my DINC, and TB, I'm pumped.
Back on topic, HDMI and better battery life would make this a no brinner for me.
Better battery is about the only thing I care about. I have the tb and without an extended battery it is awful.
redraider1 is offline  
Old September 15th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: B'more
Posts: 1,805
 
Device(s): LG G4, S4 (VZW)[died a early death] , (old)Galaxy Nexus (LTE), (old)HTC Incredible, (oldest phone)Sa
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,633
Thanked 790 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
true that..

also pretty sure vigor is GB cause unless this thing doesnt come out till next year you KNOW no update sense ICS will be ready... i mean hell, we are still waiting for GB to make way on our Inc's
HEY get back over to the Incredible Forums! :P

Unless of course if you have Vigor info

I'm pretty much planning on making this my next phone, if it launches in the next couple months and the specs are reasonably close to the speculations...
Crashumbc is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Crashumbc For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (September 15th, 2011)
Old September 15th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,131
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,191
Thanked 835 Times in 640 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamor View Post
I'm growing less fond of Samsung too because of the GPS issues which is important o me.

If the HTC Vigor made it Super LCD I would be really attracted to it because I'd like a phone I can see in the sun. HDMI and 1700 mah battery would seal the deal.

Amoled was awesome for my first android phone but I'm ready to move on to screen types that make more sense in the real world.
GPS issue doesn't exist in SGS2 and other new phones they released this year. They are on par with HTC on GPS at least.

To me, HTC = battery disaster. I haven't seen any single high end HTC model that does last long enough for a daytime use. So I will consider Vigor only if that's proven.
Sandroidfan is online now  
Old September 15th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
atrain311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Queensbury, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Too many to keep track of. But most recently a Note 2 and Note 3.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1,115
Thanked 537 Times in 321 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandroidfan View Post
GPS issue doesn't exist in SGS2 and other new phones they released this year. They are on par with HTC on GPS at least.

To me, HTC = battery disaster. I haven't seen any single high end HTC model that does last long enough for a daytime use. So I will consider Vigor only if that's proven.
And coming from a guy who loves HTC phones (at least the DINC and BOLT that I've had) I can understand your point completely. I too would like to see improvements. After all, we should be going forwards, not backwards.
atrain311 is online now  
Old September 16th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,131
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,191
Thanked 835 Times in 640 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrain311 View Post
And coming from a guy who loves HTC phones (at least the DINC and BOLT that I've had) I can understand your point completely. I too would like to see improvements. After all, we should be going forwards, not backwards.
Well, the Vigor spec is out now and guess what? The battery size is only 1620mAh! It's downgrade from Evo3D 1730mAh while every other spec is higher craving for more power. Seriously what kind of battery life can we expect from this?
Sandroidfan is online now  
Old September 16th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
HanSolo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandroidfan View Post
Well, the Vigor spec is out now and guess what? The battery size is only 1620mAh! It's downgrade from Evo3D 1730mAh while every other spec is higher craving for more power. Seriously what kind of battery life can we expect from this?
Yeah, I saw that on the FCC docs. It might be upgraded before release. Either way, extended batteries are common right now on the Bionic forums, and unfortunately I suspect that extended batteries will be the norm for LTE phone users for at least now through next summer.
 
Old September 16th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
Yeah, I saw that on the FCC docs. It might be upgraded before release. Either way, extended batteries are common right now on the Bionic forums, and unfortunately I suspect that extended batteries will be the norm for LTE phone users for at least now through next summer.
Hopefully there will be some slim extended batteries that will fit in the stock battery door.
redraider1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to redraider1 For This Useful Post:
Skipdawg (September 16th, 2011)
Old September 16th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Skipdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Washington State
Gender: Male
Posts: 406
 
Device(s): Previous: HTC Incredible. Now: HTC DNA
Carrier: Verizon Wireless.

Thanks: 268
Thanked 39 Times in 35 Posts
Thumbs down

Sad if they go with a wimpy battery like that. Now I just may wait and see what the Nexus Prime is going to offer. That baby should have nothing less than a 1800 range battery.
Skipdawg is offline  
Old September 16th, 2011, 11:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jikhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 754
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible (WiFi only)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 184 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdawg View Post
Sad if they go with a wimpy battery like that. Now I just may wait and see what the Nexus Prime is going to offer. That baby should have nothing less than a 1800 range battery.

I can't imagine that the difference from a 1600mAH to a 17-1800 being much than an hour or two. This shouldn't make or break a phone decision.

EDIT: I just did a little comparison between manufacturers, their battery sizes for recent phones, and comparing their 3G ones to 4G ones (and looking at all the talk time specs)....and I'm about right what I said above. So to right this phone off when it's standard battery is 180mAH smaller than 1800mAH, we're probably only talking about an hours' worth less of use....but to each their own. Having an 1800MAH battery isn't going to give your phone many, many additional hours of life....you'll need an extended battery up in the 2400-2800mAH range.
jikhead is offline  
Last edited by jikhead; September 17th, 2011 at 12:49 AM.
sponsored links
Old September 17th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandroidfan View Post
Well, the Vigor spec is out now and guess what? The battery size is only 1620mAh! It's downgrade from Evo3D 1730mAh while every other spec is higher craving for more power. Seriously what kind of battery life can we expect from this?
I wonder if the EVO 3d batter will fit in the stock vigor battery door? Hopefully there is atleast one slim extended battery for the vigor
redraider1 is offline  
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Sad Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,494
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,807
Thanked 6,552 Times in 3,946 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

thread closed... trying to condense this section, please continue any and all vigor conversation here: http://androidforums.com/htc-vigor/411114-official-vigor-rumor-speculation-thread.html
NightAngel79 is online now  
Closed Thread

HTC Rezound
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Rezound is the first Beats by Dre smartphone from HTC and will be available on Verizon. It truly is a high-end beast as it boasts a 4.3 inch 720p HD display, a 1.5Ghz processor, 1GB of RAM, an 8 megapixel rear camera with 1080p HD video rec... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Rezound
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.