Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Rezound

New Android Wear, House and Home & Automotive forums!
Please report any threads you come across that should be moved to these new sections!

Like Tree129Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 15th, 2011, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington D.C
Posts: 213
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus ,Samsung Facsinate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 44 Times in 33 Posts
Default *Rezound ICS OTA is live Thread*

After Seeing the press shots for this phone and haveing been waiting since June to Use My upgrade I am almost certain that I will pick up this phone, But my Should I Buy and hope for ICS or is it best to wait for the Prime??? any opinions?

ISASoilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 15th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington D.C
Posts: 213
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus ,Samsung Facsinate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 44 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Here are the Press Shots

HTC Vigor Press Shot Found Cruising the Interwebs - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
ISASoilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
HanSolo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISASoilder View Post
I'm looking at both of these phones as well. They're very close spec-wise, according to rumors.

If you want a pure ICS experience sooner rather than later, I'd say wait for Prime. But I'm pretty sure Vigor will get ICS ported over by devs eventually, and it most likely will get an official update even later.

The only thing that's got me leaning towards waiting is HTC battery life history, and the fact that ICS will do away with capacitive buttons, and the Vigor will be stuck with those.

But even if you get the Vigor and have to deal with GB for a while, it's a very stable and smooth interface at this point. HTC Sense 3.5 seems to be very nice, too.
 
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
ISASoilder (September 15th, 2011), Skipdawg (September 15th, 2011)
Old September 15th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jikhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 741
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible (WiFi only)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 184 Times in 106 Posts
Default

The latest rumor on the Prime is supposedly a release mid-late October to early November. With that said, I seriously doubt that the Prime will release with ICS. The Sammy guy in the rumor supposedly said that the Prime in his hand didn't have it cause ICS wasn't ready. I can't image that from now until October/November would be enough ample time to test an entirely different version of the OS. You could run into a lot of software glitches and bugs that could further push the release date WAAY out. So with that said, if you are hoping that the Prime is going to launch with ICS and that is the reason for waiting for that phone, you might be waiting for something that isn't going to be there. Just my thoughts and opinion.
jikhead is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 02:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,118
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,190
Thanked 834 Times in 639 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikhead View Post
The latest rumor on the Prime is supposedly a release mid-late October to early November. With that said, I seriously doubt that the Prime will release with ICS. The Sammy guy in the rumor supposedly said that the Prime in his hand didn't have it cause ICS wasn't ready. I can't image that from now until October/November would be enough ample time to test an entirely different version of the OS. You could run into a lot of software glitches and bugs that could further push the release date WAAY out. So with that said, if you are hoping that the Prime is going to launch with ICS and that is the reason for waiting for that phone, you might be waiting for something that isn't going to be there. Just my thoughts and opinion.
That rumor leak from droidguy yesterday that you are basing your argument on is completely garbage. Even if that guy is real, it must be early proto-type running gingerbread to test functions of device. There are reports that Google already delivered finished ICS to samsung, and Eric Schmidt also said Google will unveil ICS to world on late Oct. Also bestbuy emails leaks suggest mid November release of Prime. Unless they are all lying, the latest Prime test device must be running ICS now.
Sandroidfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jikhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 741
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible (WiFi only)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 184 Times in 106 Posts
Default

I'll guess we'll see. Some may want it, but I don't plan to wait an additional month or two to upgrade. Although this thread was about this guys phone choice, I've never been a fan of the Sammy phones...they've felt more plasticy and cheap compared to the other plasticy phones. :-)

Does anyone have details on what ICS adds or improves on over GB?
jikhead is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jikhead For This Useful Post:
redraider1 (September 16th, 2011)
Old September 15th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
HanSolo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandroidfan View Post
That rumor leak from droidguy yesterday that you are basing your argument on is completely garbage. Even if that guy is real, it must be early proto-type running gingerbread to test functions of device. There are reports that Google already delivered finished ICS to samsung, and Eric Schmidt also said Google will unveil ICS to world on late Oct. Also bestbuy emails leaks suggest mid November release of Prime. Unless they are all lying, the latest Prime test device must be running ICS now.
Agreed 100%. Simple logic suggests that Droidguy said it was running GB, because otherwise he'd have to talk about ICS.

He couldn't have said anything about ICS because he didn't see it. He didn't see it because he didn't see the Prime. I'm betting that while he was most likely present at the Verizon conference, there was no mysterious tester at all. He gave such limited info that everyone already knew.
 
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington D.C
Posts: 213
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus ,Samsung Facsinate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 44 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Hmm Either way this will be my 1st HTC hope im not disappointed.
ISASoilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 05:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
vzwuser76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: two weeks from anywhere, SD
Posts: 1,095
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, Nexus 7 2013 (current), Galaxy S3, Toshiba Thrive, HTC Incredible 1& 2, Rezound, TBolt
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 260
Thanked 293 Times in 190 Posts
Default

I don't think we have to worry about getting ICS. Look at the phones released last year. The Incredible, DroidX, Droid2 (in all variations) have all been updated or are in the process of being updated to GB (the 2nd major OS update for each of them). The OG Droid even got 2 official OS updates (Eclair & Froyo).

So far the Fascinate looks to be the only top tier android released last year that will not be getting a 2nd major OS update. Considering how long it took them for an official Froyo update, it doesn't look good for GB.

Beyond that the only phones that have received one update or less are midrange androids (LG Ally, Sammy Continuum, Moto Citrus, Moto Devour).

With the rumored specs on the Vigor (dual core 1.5GHz, 1 GB RAM, HD screen) I'd actually be surprised if they also didn't get at least 2 major OS updates. HTC has been very good about supporting older devices on Verizon (except for maybe the Eris).

The only thing that kinda sucks is not being able to take advantage of the home buttons on screen vs the dedicated capacitive buttons we currently have.
vzwuser76 is offline  
Last edited by vzwuser76; September 15th, 2011 at 05:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 124
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Assuming that Verizon allows HTC's recent bootloader policies, there will be at least an unofficial build of AOSP ICS available. An official sense version from HTC may take a while longer.
pjsockett is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 16th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsockett View Post
Assuming that Verizon allows HTC's recent bootloader policies, there will be at least an unofficial build of AOSP ICS available. An official sense version from HTC may take a while longer.
There will be ICS version no matter what. Look at the EVO 3d bootloader that was unlocked before htc officially announced it. As long as they aren't encrypted like moto it wont be that big of a deal to get it unlocked.
redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 11:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington D.C
Posts: 213
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus ,Samsung Facsinate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 44 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redraider1 View Post
There will be ICS version no matter what. Look at the EVO 3d bootloader that was unlocked before htc officially announced it. As long as they aren't encrypted like moto it wont be that big of a deal to get it unlocked.
Even tho the bootloader maybe unlocked I should not have to Root to get the Latest Firmware, IMO
ISASoilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 07:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISASoilder View Post
Even tho the bootloader maybe unlocked I should not have to Root to get the Latest Firmware, IMO
That is how it is with android.Rumors say prime won't be stock Android so maybe that degree some from waiting for the prime. Also a tester said the vigor was the better of the two phones so will be interesting to see if thats true.
redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington D.C
Posts: 213
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus ,Samsung Facsinate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 44 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redraider1 View Post
That is how it is with android.Rumors say prime won't be stock Android so maybe that degree some from waiting for the prime. Also a tester said the vigor was the better of the two phones so will be interesting to see if thats true.
As i stated B4 this will be my first HTC So I hope it impresses me others wise im Going back to the Super AMOLEDs lol
ISASoilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISASoilder View Post
As i stated B4 this will be my first HTC So I hope it impresses me others wise im Going back to the Super AMOLEDs lol
Well if you like oversaturated colors you wont like the htc screens. Htc has nice contrast and they wont pop as much as SA+ but they look more realistic and that is what I want in a phone screen.
redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default

DROID (Nexus) Prime....will most likely drop with ICS!

Vigor on the other hand probably wont! And if it drops with the HTC TB2 moniker, well then forget about it, the original TB is still waiting on Gingerbread.
sean76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 09:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 144
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 98 Times in 70 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
DROID (Nexus) Prime....will most likely drop with ICS!

Vigor on the other hand probably wont! And if it drops with the HTC TB2 moniker, well then forget about it, the original TB is still waiting on Gingerbread.
I don't know why everyone's in such a rush for ICS. I think I would be happy with Gingerbread, which is nice and stable by now. There's always breaking in issues, especially if ICS has been hustled out the door to be ready for the iPhone 5, just like there were with Gingerbread last year.

I'd rather get Gingerbread now and get ICS early next year, but maybe I'm in the wrong forum then...
rrhartjr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 09:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
DROID (Nexus) Prime....will most likely drop with ICS!

Vigor on the other hand probably wont! And if it drops with the HTC TB2 moniker, well then forget about it, the original TB is still waiting on Gingerbread.
Rumors are saying it will be named the inc hd and we can see the inc is still getting great support. They know the tb was a failure and arent going to use that name again.
redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 09:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrhartjr View Post
I don't know why everyone's in such a rush for ICS. I think I would be happy with Gingerbread, which is nice and stable by now. There's always breaking in issues, especially if ICS has been hustled out the door to be ready for the iPhone 5, just like there were with Gingerbread last year.

I'd rather get Gingerbread now and get ICS early next year, but maybe I'm in the wrong forum then...
I agree with you. Ics is being rushed and features are being left out so they can get it out around the iPhone 5. Gb is stable atleast mostly and the dev communuty will most likely have ics for the vigor if you cant wait. Everyone thinks they want something then when its buggy they complain saying the company should have waited.
redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 07:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indiana, US
Gender: Male
Posts: 435
 
Device(s): OG Droid, Droid Razr Maxx, Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 12
Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Same here. I'm not anticipating ICS. There's bound to be lots of bugs with a newly released OS. So I'm probably going to get this phone. It's the first one out, I like the looks of it and the specs, I do like the Superamo+ screens except the colors are too glarish,cartoonish. ICS worries me. I can't see it being a giant leap in usefulness from the already useful GB. Not to mention with all the ROMing being done with these phones,any added useful additions can generally be found on one or the other out there. Now I'm using MIUI for my OG Droid and love it. Hurry up Oct 20th!!!!
Sportster is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 21st, 2011, 08:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
Same here. I'm not anticipating ICS. There's bound to be lots of bugs with a newly released OS. So I'm probably going to get this phone. It's the first one out, I like the looks of it and the specs, I do like the Superamo+ screens except the colors are too glarish,cartoonish. ICS worries me. I can't see it being a giant leap in usefulness from the already useful GB. Not to mention with all the ROMing being done with these phones,any added useful additions can generally be found on one or the other out there. Now I'm using MIUI for my OG Droid and love it. Hurry up Oct 20th!!!!

I agree. Not to mention it was rumored that google left out some of the real show stopper features for the next version since they pushed ics up to compete with the iphone 5 so I could see even more bugs being present and not a real leap in the OS. Plus as soon as ics is out there will be plenty of roms with it anyway so if it really is that nice then I will just load one of the roms up. I just want to see how the vigor is performance wise but most likely I will get that rather than wait on the nexus prime. I look at it this way..The longer I wait to upgrade, the longer until I can upgrade again lol. If there are 2 very similar phones hardware wise why wait the extra month if not more?
redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 07:55 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Homan13PSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 508
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 102 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
Same here. I'm not anticipating ICS. There's bound to be lots of bugs with a newly released OS. So I'm probably going to get this phone. It's the first one out, I like the looks of it and the specs, I do like the Superamo+ screens except the colors are too glarish,cartoonish. ICS worries me. I can't see it being a giant leap in usefulness from the already useful GB. Not to mention with all the ROMing being done with these phones,any added useful additions can generally be found on one or the other out there. Now I'm using MIUI for my OG Droid and love it. Hurry up Oct 20th!!!!
I'm more leaning towards the Droid/Nexus/Galaxy Prime (or whatever) at this point. Granted, new OS' are buggy. But if ICS really DOES remove the soft buttons then I'd rather get in on a device that launches with ICS and is built around the new setup than one that will get upgraded and the buttons would be useless.

Such hard decisions!
__________________
Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus, LTE
ROM: JB Sourcery-V2.3
Kernel: 3.0.31-g396c4df
Retired Devices: HTC Incredible, Apple iPad 2
Homan13PSU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 08:07 AM   #23 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homan13PSU View Post
I'm more leaning towards the Droid/Nexus/Galaxy Prime (or whatever) at this point. Granted, new OS' are buggy. But if ICS really DOES remove the soft buttons then I'd rather get in on a device that launches with ICS and is built around the new setup than one that will get upgraded and the buttons would be useless.

Such hard decisions!
The buttons wouldnt be useless though. They would still be coded for buttons just the new phones would not have buttons.
redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redraider1 For This Useful Post:
Crashumbc (September 22nd, 2011)
Old September 22nd, 2011, 10:47 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
hovercraftdriver25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 252
 
Device(s): Rooted Droid Incredible rocking MIUI
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 56
Thanked 76 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
I'm not anticipating ICS... Now I'm using MIUI... Hurry up Oct 20th!!!!
^^^^
THIS!!

I could care less about ICS at this point. MIUI on my Dinc FTW!

Most high end HTC phones (excluding Tbolt) have had it ported over, so I hope/expect MIUI to make it to the Vigor as well. Recently tried some sense 3.5 roms and they just don't cut the mustard...granted they are not fine tuned and polished, but MIUI just offers so many other possibilities.
hovercraftdriver25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 12:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Colchicine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 760
 
Device(s): S4 now, HTC Rezound & Incredible then
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 282
Thanked 244 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovercraftdriver25 View Post
^^^^
THIS!!

I could not care less about ICS at this point. MIUI on my Dinc FTW!
I'm in the pool of people that is looking forward to a 4.0 version, especially one that may very well be radically different from the Froyo I'm currently used to. People will inherently always look forward to the next biggest and fastest device. Arguing by saying you should be happy with GB is weak.
Colchicine is offline  
Last edited by NightAngel79; September 22nd, 2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: removed comment
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 01:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
hovercraftdriver25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 252
 
Device(s): Rooted Droid Incredible rocking MIUI
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 56
Thanked 76 Times in 44 Posts
Default

I have never been impressed with stock Gingerbread. Froyo was leaps and bounds better than its predecessor, but GB, meh.

But I think the argument presented was more that ICS may be rushed and not ready for prime time and that releasing the Vigor with an established OS may be initially preferred. I know I would prefer this as VZW has a history of being stupidly hard on passing devices through that don't meet their QA standards. Though I think those days pretty much passed when RIM stopped being the dominat devices in their line-up.
hovercraftdriver25 is offline  
Last edited by NightAngel79; September 22nd, 2011 at 04:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 04:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colchicine View Post
I'm in the pool of people that is looking forward to a 4.0 version, especially one that may very well be radically different from the Froyo I'm currently used to. People will inherently always look forward to the next biggest and fastest device. Arguing by saying you should be happy with GB is weak.
Actually most people who don't come to sites like this have no idea what the latest os is. The phone can run fast no matter what version of android it is. The vigor will still be the biggest and fastest and if rumors hold true then it is said to be the better between it and the prime. Not to mention what if ics isn't radically different since it was essentially rushed? nobody knows and you could be very disappointed if it isnt.
redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,365
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,590
Thanked 6,363 Times in 3,887 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

updated title to (when)

Think will sticky???

This will probably be a hot topic for next couple months.... (or until it actually gets ICS)
NightAngel79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NightAngel79 For This Useful Post:
Crashumbc (September 28th, 2011)
Old September 26th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

I would think since this will be one of their flagships that it would be updated relatively quickly. I mean look at the sensation( which is pretty close to the exact look of this and that was already updated to 2.3.4. I think the tb was HTC's experiment and that helped them figure out how to make better radios and get their software to work better with lte. I guess only time will tell once it is released.
redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 12:20 AM   #30 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington D.C
Posts: 213
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus ,Samsung Facsinate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 44 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Now that we know the announcement for the Next Gen Iphone (oct4), In the event that the Iphone is alot better then what HTC expected is it possible that they will delay the release of the Vigor in order to either up the Specs, or Wait until ICS is ready for launch so that they may be in a better position to compete????
ISASoilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 28th, 2011, 07:00 AM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Colchicine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 760
 
Device(s): S4 now, HTC Rezound & Incredible then
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 282
Thanked 244 Times in 107 Posts
Default

From what others have said, ICS does away with the buttons at the bottom of the screen. Supposedly ICS phones will ship without these buttons but have longer screens. Since the Vigor has the buttons, it stands to reason it will ship with GB.
And honestly, with how seemingly slow it is for manufacturers to create hardware and update software, I doubt they can change it fast enough to match the launch date of the iPhone.
Colchicine is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Colchicine For This Useful Post:
Crashumbc (September 28th, 2011)
Old September 28th, 2011, 08:23 AM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redraider1 View Post
Rumors are saying it will be named the inc hd and we can see the inc is still getting great support. They know the tb was a failure and arent going to use that name again.

I dont think it was a Failure, but I deff think it missed its mark! It was just late to the dance when it was released. If it would have arrived in late Dec/ Early Jan, it would have done alot better IMO.

As for now, the TB is receiving its GB right this min. That's 6 months after its initial launch. Too long IMO to receive an update. My next device most likely will be a pure google experience, that's too long to wait as far as im concerned.
sean76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 12:34 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: WNY
Posts: 181
 
Device(s): HTC M8 current GS4,LG G2,S3,Note 3 retired
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 52
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Default

I am going to wait for whatever has ICS out of the box. Think about it, I would be very pissed if I didn't wait 1 or two months to get a phone that has probably a 4.5 " screen with the same size body as whats already out there.

Any phone with GB out of the box will never be able to use the ICS soft touch buttons and take full advantage of screen size, To me that is a deal breaker. I'm just thinking that a phone utilizing almost the entire front for the screen alone is gonna look awesome. This alone makes waiting worth it for me.
dan409 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Colchicine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 760
 
Device(s): S4 now, HTC Rezound & Incredible then
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 282
Thanked 244 Times in 107 Posts
Default

^Since I can't get a new phone until Dec 29 anyway, that's why I'm going to seriously check out the Prime.
Colchicine is offline  
Last edited by Colchicine; September 28th, 2011 at 12:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: B'more
Posts: 1,772
 
Device(s): S4 (VZW) , (old)Galaxy Nexus (LTE), (old)HTC Incredible, (oldest phone)Samsung SCH-i760
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,631
Thanked 787 Times in 482 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan409 View Post
I am going to wait for whatever has ICS out of the box. Think about it, I would be very pissed if I didn't wait 1 or two months to get a phone that has probably a 4.5 " screen with the same size body as whats already out there.

Any phone with GB out of the box will never be able to use the ICS soft touch buttons and take full advantage of screen size, To me that is a deal breaker. I'm just thinking that a phone utilizing almost the entire front for the screen alone is gonna look awesome. This alone makes waiting worth it for me.
Depends on how long you want to wait. I could see the first native phone taking until may/june to actually show-up...

I think the main issue with a GB phone upgraded to ICS will be loss of screen real-state. other then that it shouldn't be a issue. But we know very little.

I'm "probably" getting a Vigor if it hits anywhere near its speculated launch date (Oct/Nov)...
Crashumbc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 144
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 98 Times in 70 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashumbc View Post
I think the main issue with a GB phone upgraded to ICS will be loss of screen real-state. other then that it shouldn't be a issue. But we know very little.
I would think there's facility in ICS to disable the presentation of the onscreen buttons if the presence of physical buttons precludes them. I doubt it's going to force upgraded phones to use them..
rrhartjr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jikhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 741
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible (WiFi only)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 184 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colchicine View Post
^Since I can't get a new phone until Dec 29 anyway, that's why I'm going to seriously check out the Prime.
Hope you like pentile matrix screens then, because that's what you can expect in that phone.

Samsung’s HD Displays to Deploy PenTile Matrix Technology
jikhead is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 05:57 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Le0_Br4zUc4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 325
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Le0_Br4zUc4 Send a message via Skype™ to Le0_Br4zUc4
Default Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on Video

I currently have a Thunderbolt and I will for sure be getting the Vigor, I saw this video and I was wondering if the Vigor will be getting this update, probably right? It has an amazing hardware so there no reason really for not getting ... Am I correct?

Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) on Video Talk Android
__________________
Droid Incredible by HTC - Rooted and Running Froyo W/ Sense UI!
Le0_Br4zUc4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #39 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Yes it will 100% get it if you root and will get it( just may take awhile) if you dont root.
redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 144
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 98 Times in 70 Posts
Default

If this is real.. it proves that ICS won't be wasting screen space on devices that already have physical buttons..
rrhartjr is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:36 AM   #41 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrhartjr View Post
If this is real.. it proves that ICS won't be wasting screen space on devices that already have physical buttons..
Agree. Makes my decion to get the vigor easier. Also it doesnt look like a huge change overall. Come on vigor.
redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2011, 08:24 AM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
trophynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SouthEastern US
Posts: 5,568
 
Device(s): Iphone 5
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1,832
Thanked 1,869 Times in 1,197 Posts
Default

i'm 50/50 on the fence if this vid is real or not.

I asked Droid-Life that on twitter and they said they believe it is real....
trophynuts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2011, 09:20 AM   #43 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
moondrius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Baltimore MD
Posts: 539
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 138 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikhead View Post
Hope you like pentile matrix screens then, because that's what you can expect in that phone.

Samsung’s HD Displays to Deploy PenTile Matrix Technology
How do you like the pentile amoled display on your incredible?
moondrius is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jikhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 741
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible (WiFi only)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 184 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondrius View Post
How do you like the pentile amoled display on your incredible?
It's a non-issue for me. I personally think that the DINC's screen is/was one of the better screens out there. With my eye site (and it's starting to get worse in my late 30's...I sometimes have to take my glasses off to see small print and fonts this last year.), I can't really notice those things. I would say the pentile screens on MOTO's are definitely more noticeable than others for sure. But even for me, I had to really look for it on the Bionic. For most users, I don't think it's a big issue, but since most of us on the forums are very critical of every detail...and we're all looking for the perfect phone.....and there is no such thing.
jikhead is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 07:19 AM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: B'more
Posts: 1,772
 
Device(s): S4 (VZW) , (old)Galaxy Nexus (LTE), (old)HTC Incredible, (oldest phone)Samsung SCH-i760
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,631
Thanked 787 Times in 482 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikhead View Post
...and we're all looking for the perfect phone.....and there is no such thing.
LIES! DOWN YOU HEATHEN !!#@!#@!@#!@!@#!@!#@

There is a PERFECT phone out there!

Honest its that NEXT ONE being released!

:P
Crashumbc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 07:49 AM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cincybearcatfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,353
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, iPad Air
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 391
Thanked 1,999 Times in 675 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashumbc View Post
LIES! DOWN YOU HEATHEN !!#@!#@!@#!@!@#!@!#@

There is a PERFECT phone out there!

Honest its that NEXT ONE being released!

:P
I heard it was the one after that.
__________________
CBF
Cincybearcatfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2011, 08:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington D.C
Posts: 213
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus ,Samsung Facsinate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 44 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Well now that we know the IP4S is just a suped up version of its brother The Vigor's only threat will be the Prime. makes descion making alot more easier!! just hope the buttons wont interfere with ICS.
ISASoilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #48 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
blkbeltkid17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia, United States Of America
Posts: 4,189
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rooted Motorola Xoom & Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 292
Thanked 640 Times in 449 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISASoilder View Post
Well now that we know the IP4S is just a suped up version of its brother The Vigor's only threat will be the Prime. makes descion making alot more easier!! just hope the buttons wont interfere with ICS.
that is one of the discussions going around XDA is weather there can even been a unofficial build of ICS on phones that have captive buttons. and for anyone that dosent know the ICS is going to follow in the style of honeycomb where all the navigation and search functions are located on screen and not as captive buttons

if i think we can get a port of HC to work on phones i think ICS should be able to at least be ported or the community will have their work cut of for them on that point alone
__________________
~kid~ (AF Contributor)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Motorola XOOM, & Asus Nexus 7 (Rooted & Unlocked)
If something needs attention, Report it /!\.
If someone helped you, hit Thanks to show it.

blkbeltkid17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2011, 11:47 AM   #49 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,365
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,590
Thanked 6,363 Times in 3,887 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

There will be ics coming to phones that already have buttons on them, there is an option to hide the on screen buttons.... Fwiw
NightAngel79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #50 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
blkbeltkid17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia, United States Of America
Posts: 4,189
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rooted Motorola Xoom & Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 292
Thanked 640 Times in 449 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
There will be ics coming to phones that already have buttons on them, there is an option to hide the on screen buttons.... Fwiw
i wish haha but do you think it will cause that much of a headache to developers when the source coding is released or may it already be built in to have the captive buttons working?
blkbeltkid17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC Rezound
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Rezound is the first Beats by Dre smartphone from HTC and will be available on Verizon. It truly is a high-end beast as it boasts a 4.3 inch 720p HD display, a 1.5Ghz processor, 1GB of RAM, an 8 megapixel rear camera with 1080p HD video rec... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Rezound
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.