May 23rd, 2012, 01:08 PM
Join Date: Apr 2012
Device(s): Formerly a Droid Eris (a GREAT little phone vastly underrated), Now an HTC Rezound - also a GREAT ph
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
My daughter's Rezound has done this twice. In both cases the fix was simple.
- Remove the back cover - this will remove the phone's antennas.
- Pull the battery.
- Wait about 1 minute.
- Put the battery back in, connect the charger and wait about 15 minutes.
- DO NOT put the back cover on.
- Turn the phone on - it should start up fairly normally this time, but get no signal (antennas are on the back cover which is not on the phone).
- When at home screen bring up the phone keypad, dial *#*#4636#*#* - this should bring up a testing menu.
- Tap "Phone Information."
- Scroll down to the dropdown menu for "Set preferred network type" - if it says "WCDMA Preferred" then that is your problem.
- Tap on the drop down menu or arrow to see your choices for "Set preferred network type."
- Select "CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto" if it is not selected.
- Back out of the menus all the way to the home screen.
- Shut down the phone.
- Wait about 3 minutes.
- Put the back cover on - you will need to unplug from the charger to do this, but plug the charger back in after you put the cover back on.
- Start the phone - everything should be normal now.
I have no idea why her phone resets it self to the WCDMA network, and mine does not do it. However the procedure above has worked both times it has happened.
It is funny too that her phone only does this when it is recharging overnight.
Last edited by Whubblesbuddy; May 23rd, 2012 at 01:15 PM.
Reason: To add comment about doing this only at night.