April 11th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 175 Times in 68 Posts
HTC Rezound Screen Repair Guide
This step-by-step installation repair guide shows how you can take apart the HTC Rezound phone quickly and securely. The guide was created by the Repairs Universe team and can help you install replacement parts to repair nearly any phone damage.
This guide will help you to install the following HTC Rezound parts:
- HTC Rezound Touch Screen Glass Digitizer
- HTC Rezound LCD Display Screen
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Torx T5 Screwdriver
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For touch screen repairs)
- Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer
- The first step will be to remove the back battery cover, the battery, and the sim card.
- Now, remove the six (6) screws using T5 Torx Screwdriver.
- Using a safe pry tool, lightly pry off all the edges to release the clips holding the back housing in place. Be aware the volume button and power button will probably to fall out. Set these aside until reassembly.
- Next is to remove two (2) small Phillips screws located on the motherboard. Now, remove the vibrate motor by simply popping it out then lightly pull the plug from the socket.
- Now lightly lift the dock port to free the small chrome bezel. Set this aside until reassembly.
- Then simply lift the motherboard and swing to the right to reveal two (2) jaw connectors. Release the tab located on the back of the connectors and remove the flex cables inside. The motherboard can now be removed.
- With the use of hair dryer or heat gun, warm the front and back cover of the screen assembly to soften the adhesive holding the touchscreen and the LCD screen.
- Next use safe pry then lightly pry off at the back to loosen the adhesive holding the LCD screen. Make sure not to scratch or damage the flex cable.
- Now pry off the front screen to completely separate the front housing to the digitizer and the LCD screen.
- Reheat the touch screen to loosen the rest of the adhesive to take away the LCD screen from the digitizer. Make sure not to dig too far in to keep away from damaging the LCD screen.
Your HTC Rezound is now completely disassembled. Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.