Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Rezound

Like Tree18Likes
  • 5 Post By esmith818
  • 1 Post By olbriar
  • 1 Post By gruss
  • 1 Post By Dubbin1
  • 2 Post By Rxpert83
  • 1 Post By ItnStln511
  • 2 Post By TheMortallyWounded
  • 4 Post By mistyinca
  • 1 Post By AeolianReflex

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 14th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 269
 
Device(s): Rezound, Galaxy Nexus (returned), Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 124
Thanked 54 Times in 42 Posts
Default I ordered the iPhone 5 today, to replace my Rezound

I'm not trying to start anything, I am just sick of this phone's poor performance and I'm ready for a change. I even offered it to my son to replace his Incredible but he doesn't want it either. (I used his upgrade) Anyone else jumping ship?

Advertisements
mountainlover is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 14th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
esmith818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 691
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound returned Galaxy Nexus LTE retired X2 & OG
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 268
Thanked 319 Times in 149 Posts
Default

As a Verizon 4G user, I prefer (finally) being able to talk and surf at the same time. Not interested in going back a step in the evolutionary process.
esmith818 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to esmith818 For This Useful Post:
Ezduzit08 (September 18th, 2012), Jazzy79 (September 28th, 2012), NightAngel79 (September 20th, 2012), schimm (September 19th, 2012)
Old September 14th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 269
 
Device(s): Rezound, Galaxy Nexus (returned), Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 124
Thanked 54 Times in 42 Posts
Default

I would agree with you if my phone worked well but it doesn't. My Droid X was the only android phone that worked great for me all the time until it got old. It's not that often that I talk and surf at the simultaneously anyway and when I do I'm usually at home so I can use WiFi. I want to give this a try and if I don't like it I can always return it. I almost bought the Galaxy s3 but decided to wait on this when I read about some problems with it on here.
mountainlover is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mountainlover For This Useful Post:
PNWViking (October 4th, 2012)
Old September 14th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
acejavelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 761
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, LG G2
Carrier: Aio/Verizon

Thanks: 27
Thanked 217 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainlover View Post
I would agree with you if my phone worked well but it doesn't. My Droid X was the only android phone that worked great for me all the time until it got old. It's not that often that I talk and surf at the simultaneously anyway and when I do I'm usually at home so I can use WiFi. I want to give this a try and if I don't like it I can always return it. I almost bought the Galaxy s3 but decided to wait on this when I read about some problems with it on here.
EVERY phone has problems, the iPhone 5 will have it's share of them as well. Although I would not have made the same choice, I hope it works out for you.
acejavelin is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 294
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 36 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Your son is pretty foolish to not want a Rezound over the original Incredible.
Cares is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Irvine, CA.
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 25
Thanked 82 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Same old IPhone design just longer and only a 4" screen.
Not catching up the other manufactures.
ncampbell21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 62
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Personally I think the Rezound is a solid device and ALL the issues and annoyances I've had relates with the OS. Android is vastly inferior to iOS and once the iPhone 5 is Jailbroken - I'm going back to it again (after using it for the past 2 years prior to recently switching to Android).

Also I'm sick of how Android OS updates are handled by the device companies and cell phone providers. There's no reason why smartphone A has a certain version of Android while smartphones B,C, and D all have older versions of Android....not to mention all the BLOATWARE that is jam packed into these phones.

I've had fun (not really) w/ Android but it's now time to go back home to Apple!
left4dead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 62
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith818 View Post
As a Verizon 4G user, I prefer (finally) being able to talk and surf at the same time. Not interested in going back a step in the evolutionary process.
Useless. I've NEVER had to "talk and surf" simultaneously since I've owned the Rezound. This won't matter to me one bit when I'm holding the iPhone 5 in my hands very, very soon.
left4dead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Moderator
 
olbriar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Oz
Posts: 14,060
 
Device(s): HTC M8 Retired Rezound Retired Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,061
Thanked 5,414 Times in 3,216 Posts
Default

Have fun with your new phone. I hope it serves you well.
NightAngel79 likes this.
olbriar is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olbriar For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (September 22nd, 2012), NightAngel79 (September 20th, 2012)
Old September 14th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
CrazyCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Hopefully it doesn't fall on it's face as soon as its out of the box like the iPhone 4.
CrazyCal is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 15th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
esmith818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 691
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound returned Galaxy Nexus LTE retired X2 & OG
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 268
Thanked 319 Times in 149 Posts
Default

I have a MacBook Pro and love it so I'm no Mac hater, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Android owners who return the the iPhone will have regrets. Whether it be customization, widgets, or hardware specs, I think you'll find the iPhone won't have all the bells and whistles you've grown accustomed to. However, it's a nice phone in its own right so enjoy!
esmith818 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 269
 
Device(s): Rezound, Galaxy Nexus (returned), Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 124
Thanked 54 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olbriar View Post
Have fun with your new phone. I hope it serves you well.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith818 View Post
I have a MacBook Pro and love it so I'm no Mac hater, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Android owners who return the the iPhone will have regrets. Whether it be customization, widgets, or hardware specs, I think you'll find the iPhone won't have all the bells and whistles you've grown accustomed to. However, it's a nice phone in its own right so enjoy!
If I'm not happy with it, I will return it. It is possible I won't. I have an iPad I never use, but opt to hold my big laptop instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cares View Post
Your son is pretty foolish to not want a Rezound over the original Incredible.
He still loves his Incredible. He has always said my Rezound was too big and always jokes that it looks like a mini tablet. I will keep it in case something happens to his phone. He can use my upgrade next August to pick out whatever he wants.

Anyone know if I can transfer everything from my Rezound to my iPhone?
mountainlover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 75
 
Device(s): Rezound, HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 23
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead View Post
Useless. I've NEVER had to "talk and surf" simultaneously since I've owned the Rezound. This won't matter to me one bit when I'm holding the iPhone 5 in my hands very, very soon.
Useless for you, you mean. I wouldn't call it a frequently used feature for me but it has come in handy a few times.
Dmark44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
Dr. Feelgood
 
Rxpert83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MN
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,225
 
Device(s): Nexus 7, Nexus 5
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 14,742
Thanked 12,533 Times in 7,231 Posts
Default

Apples explanation for the lack of that feature is hilarious
Rxpert83 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
ItnStln511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Eastern Seaboard
Posts: 188
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 1
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncampbell21 View Post
Same old IPhone design just longer and only a 4" screen.
Not catching up the other manufactures.
Amen!
ItnStln511 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Retired HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Rezound, Current HTC Droid Incredible 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

i always think of getting an iphone but no flash keeps pushing me away and staying with android... and ya i like the 4g where i can surf the net and talk
KnicksALLday is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dr. Feelgood
 
Rxpert83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MN
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,225
 
Device(s): Nexus 7, Nexus 5
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 14,742
Thanked 12,533 Times in 7,231 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksALLday View Post
i always think of getting an iphone but no flash keeps pushing me away and staying with android... and ya i like the 4g where i can surf the net and talk
Flash in android is being phased out as well.

It's not too big of a deal for most quite yet
Rxpert83 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toledoish
Posts: 1,412
 
Device(s): Rezound, RAZR, Incredible, X, Bold, Eris..fire...more
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 117 Times in 91 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gruss Send a message via MSN to gruss Send a message via Yahoo to gruss gruss01
Default

Good luck I say. Why you would bother posting this now instead of asking for help before (maybe you did I'm not on here much?) is beyond me but hey to each his own.
And score one for your kid, I miss my Dinc too sometimes just for form factor, my daughter loves it though.
Colchicine likes this.
__________________
blah blah blah
gruss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 99
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainlover View Post
I'm not trying to start anything, I am just sick of this phone's poor performance and I'm ready for a change. I even offered it to my son to replace his Incredible but he doesn't want it either. (I used his upgrade) Anyone else jumping ship?
Have you tried seeking help and solutions to your rezound's problems?

My rezound works fine. Thought for the past few months I have had data connection issues, but before it was working good. I still have days where the data works good, but others where it has connection problems. I haven't fully sought a solution yet, though I will eventually. I still think this phone works really good and I'm glad I have it. But hey it's your choice and hopefully you'll be happy with whatever choice you make.

I just checked out my 4G LTE and it worked good until I clicked the Facebook app. But facebook website worked fine. Perhaps the facebook app is the problem in this case. I know at other times other websites didn't work either. I'll have to research further into the problem to seek a solution.
sdsubasketball is offline  
Last edited by sdsubasketball; September 20th, 2012 at 03:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): HTC DNA, HTC Rezound (mp3 player), Nexus 7, HTC Inc (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 11
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsubasketball View Post
Have you tried seeking help and solutions to your rezound's problems?

My rezound works fine. Thought for the past few months I have had data connection issues, but before it was working good. I still have days where the data works good, but others where it has connection problems. I haven't fully sought a solution yet, though I will eventually. I still think this phone works really good and I'm glad I have it. But hey it's your choice and hopefully you'll be happy with whatever choice you make.

I just checked out my 4G LTE and it worked good until I clicked the Facebook app. But facebook website worked fine. Perhaps the facebook app is the problem in this case. I know at other times other websites didn't work either. I'll have to research further into the problem to seek a solution.
I had similar issues to you with my 4g, but since ICS leaks and now the official build, its been perfect, havent had a single second of a drop. I personally love this phone, I miss my Dinc a little sometimes, but I still use it as my mp3 player when working since I dont want to get the rezound full of dust and dirt. Im excited for a new HTC phone on verizon, hopefully a beefed up one x or the rumored incredible x.

Good luck to OP though, I personally could never go away from android with all the customization etc... iOS is wayyy too locked down and bland for me.
stkorn97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 22nd, 2012, 09:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 281
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5 - Nexus 7, Nexus 7 2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 21
Thanked 52 Times in 43 Posts
Default

I held a friends iPhone 5 yesterday. I was surprised to find that the width seemed to be the same size as the old one, but the phone is much taller (as suggested earlier in this thread). I didn't like the way it felt at all. My friend also complained that the new back is aluminum and he already dented it on the first day...
ToyotaTacoma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 09:39 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Dubbin1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: N/W Ohio
Posts: 1,524
 
Device(s): LG G2 Asus Transformer Pad TF300T Nexus 7
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 316
Thanked 1,480 Times in 765 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
EVERY phone has problems, the iPhone 5 will have it's share of them as well. Although I would not have made the same choice, I hope it works out for you.
The 5 already has a MAJOR problem, its an apple product
twall06 likes this.
__________________
Feel free to hit the Thanks button if I helped you in any way.

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/5aq8SJ6b
Dubbin1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
AeolianReflex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southern California
Gender: Male
Posts: 388
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 41
Thanked 60 Times in 36 Posts
Default

After checking out my wife's iphone 5 for about 4 hours today all I can say is it would be a great phone if it were still 2010. I just don't get why there is such a rabid following for such a mediocre device. It still doesn't even have widgets. It's laughable.
AeolianReflex is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AeolianReflex For This Useful Post:
3vodroid (September 24th, 2012), mistyinca (September 27th, 2012), Rxpert83 (September 23rd, 2012)
Old September 23rd, 2012, 11:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
acejavelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 761
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, LG G2
Carrier: Aio/Verizon

Thanks: 27
Thanked 217 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Talked to a long time die-hard Apple friend of mine tonight, he got he new iPhone 5, played with it for two days and took it back, said it just didn't feel right, like it wasn't solid or heavy enough to fell "quality" and it just kinda felt awkward... plus the maps application couldn't find his house (I loved that). Instead he swapped for a SGS3, which he now loves, and he couldn't understand why he didn't like Android phones before. He said he won't buy an iPhone again unless they total revamp it and "get the modern technology"... totally priceless!!!

I just chuckled and said, I told you so...
acejavelin is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to acejavelin For This Useful Post:
Rxpert83 (September 24th, 2012)
Old September 24th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): HTC DNA, HTC Rezound (mp3 player), Nexus 7, HTC Inc (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 11
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Yeah, lack of widgets and pretty much any customization really ruins it, every iphone looks the same other than wallpaper really.

Funny to hear an apple lover jumping ship, Im glad theres atleast 1 of them who realizes the phone is so far behind the technology curve at all times.
stkorn97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #26 (permalink)
Dr. Feelgood
 
Rxpert83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MN
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,225
 
Device(s): Nexus 7, Nexus 5
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 14,742
Thanked 12,533 Times in 7,231 Posts
Default

I've seen a lot of that actually lately. People are underwhelmed with the new iPhone and those s3 commercials are working
Bren S. and acejavelin like this.
Rxpert83 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rxpert83 For This Useful Post:
3vodroid (September 24th, 2012)
Old September 24th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
ItnStln511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Eastern Seaboard
Posts: 188
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 1
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeolianReflex View Post
After checking out my wife's iphone 5 for about 4 hours today all I can say is it would be a great phone if it were still 2010. I just don't get why there is such a rabid following for such a mediocre device. It still doesn't even have widgets. It's laughable.
That sums it up nicely.
NFJ79 likes this.
ItnStln511 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
TheMortallyWounded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Spencer, New York
Posts: 280
 
Device(s): HTC Eris 2.1 (ADR6200) xtrROM 5.0.1 HTC Rezound (ADR6425LVW) 3.14.605.10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 96
Thanked 51 Times in 30 Posts
Default

It's incredibly flimsy in terms of its weight and dimensions, and to me that translates to awkward handling. The size of the screen shouldn't be an issue... smaller does NOT equal inferior. At times, I wish my Rezound was the same size as my Eris. But the iPhone 5 is, by all technical publications' accounts, lacking in a lot of ways. The only ones praising it are the bean counters, trying to stay hopeful that their iToys and investments will rebound.

Case is too flimsy and thin. Too light. Scratches too easily. Screen is too thin. Too fragile. iOS6 is too glitchy. Apple Maps couldn't help you figure your way out of a paper bag. Lightning cable is not backwards compatible (but probably its best feature). Suppliers are cutting jobs. Manufacturers are rioting in China. Most units are still on order. Wait for all the defects to start showing up for returns, then see how the suppliers handle it.

My opinion: iPhone 5 is not going to be a good thing.
Colchicine and iowabowtech like this.
__________________
Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. Lab in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January, 1992.
TheMortallyWounded is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 61
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Here's my deal...My incredible was a great fone until the last Gingerbread update of 2011. I was so disgusted with how my fone turned into a piece of crap after that that I could not wait until my upgrade date of 12/30/11...pins and needles!!!

I got the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and was mortified with that version of ICS, the lack of fb integration (love pics on my contacts!) and a bunch of other things. I took it back after 3 *hours* and ordered the iP 4s. I kept it for 9 days. During that time, I wanted so badly to love it. Sure its shiny and pretty, but I just kept finding more and more that I could NOT customize about it...afterall, I'd had an android for 2 years. After seeing everyone in the world with one, I felt kind of cheap and dirty...like I had sold out to the masses.

So I happily paid my restocking fee, and took it back for my Rezound.

The best way to describe this fone is, "it is great, BUT..." There are some buggy issues, and I've concluded that this as an unfortunate reality of the whole android franchise. There are SOO SOO many androids being put out, and they all have little tweaks and quirks, and I think that the lack of consistency across the board with these fones makes them have glitches because one app does not work the same on android 1 vs android 2, etc.

The biggest problem with the iP is that it really is dumbed-down for the masses. It's a great first smartphone for someone who has never had one because it is probably much more stable than the androids.

So you have to ask yourself what is more important to you: stability or customization.

The new iP5 has addressed some of the gripes I had with the iP4s, as my BF (coming from a blackberry...[I know! Hello 20.5st century! LOL]...just got one, and I've been helping him get started) and it is a nice phone.

Nice. But I don't know if I would want to marry it for 2 years.
mistyinca is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
rootbrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 354
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 50 Times in 42 Posts
Default

My Rezound is fantastic. I am rooted, yes, as I'm a techie. Custom ROM and staying on gingerbread. Will be staying with it until it breaks or I find something better, which won't be easy.






Rootbrain
__________________
Maxwell was the first "Smart" phone user.
rootbrain is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 27th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
AeolianReflex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southern California
Gender: Male
Posts: 388
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 41
Thanked 60 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyinca View Post
There are SOO SOO many androids being put out, and they all have little tweaks and quirks, and I think that the lack of consistency across the board with these fones makes them have glitches because one app does not work the same on android 1 vs android 2, etc.
I see this as Androids biggest strength AND it's biggest weakness. Makers such as HTC, LG, and to a large extent Samsung and Moto are flooding the market with various devices with very little in common but the basic operating system. While that has done a lot for the proliferation of Android, it makes security and user experience with upgrades and quality apps suffer overall. If each company would concentrate on a single entry level, mid level and high end phone across all carriers, I think the overall quality and user experience would be much better. Updates would roll out sooner and have fewer problems and the operating system would really shine compared to IOS. Not to mention the marketing advantage it would provide with name recognition and focused campaigns.
Dmark44 likes this.
AeolianReflex is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AeolianReflex For This Useful Post:
mistyinca (September 28th, 2012)
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainlover View Post
I would agree with you if my phone worked well but it doesn't. My Droid X was the only android phone that worked great for me all the time until it got old. It's not that often that I talk and surf at the simultaneously anyway and when I do I'm usually at home so I can use WiFi. I want to give this a try and if I don't like it I can always return it. I almost bought the Galaxy s3 but decided to wait on this when I read about some problems with it on here.
I called Verizon today and said i was ready to cancel my plan (*and I'm still on unlimited data) and pay the separation fee so I could go to somewhere like T Mobile. Why? Because I'm On my 3rd Rezound (2nd replacement) since about May-June (about 4-5 months ago) for all kinds of issues (I used my phone for business and pleasure) and the problems with the Rezound caused this phone to embarrass me when I thought I knew its habits.

That being said I'm "upgrading" to a Nexus.
PNWViking is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 99
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stkorn97 View Post
I had similar issues to you with my 4g, but since ICS leaks and now the official build, its been perfect, havent had a single second of a drop. I personally love this phone, I miss my Dinc a little sometimes, but I still use it as my mp3 player when working since I dont want to get the rezound full of dust and dirt. Im excited for a new HTC phone on verizon, hopefully a beefed up one x or the rumored incredible x.

Good luck to OP though, I personally could never go away from android with all the customization etc... iOS is wayyy too locked down and bland for me.
I'm still on GB and I'm afraid to go to ICS because of some issues I've heard on this forum. Do you notice any issues or features left out other than the 4G LTE problem I talked about?
sdsubasketball is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): HTC DNA, HTC Rezound (mp3 player), Nexus 7, HTC Inc (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 11
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsubasketball View Post
I'm still on GB and I'm afraid to go to ICS because of some issues I've heard on this forum. Do you notice any issues or features left out other than the 4G LTE problem I talked about?
like i said, my 4g was spotty at best some days and it was all cause of my phone as my friends had no issue with their 4g in the same place. Since then i really havent seen an issue, its much faster switching to 3g to 4g etc... now, it used to take a min or two sometimes or it would never find 4g til i forced it to. I find ICS to be much better despite its bugs here and there. I have had an issue with batter drain lately, gonna flash to newest leak though, heard that fixes the overheating/battery drain you can see.
stkorn97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #35 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

This was the worst phone I've ever had. I had 2 replacements in as many months to the first one. non stop/multiple problems, all the time. It was like a baby that needed to be coddled and told that everything was going to be OK all the time. This phone (stock, not rooted) just flat out hates being a phone and does a horrible job of everything that a phone should do.

I had them send me a Galaxy Nexus this time and I like it.
PNWViking is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 166
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 84
Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
anlouden@gmail.com
Default

It's funny hearing about the problems folks have had with the Rezound. I LOVE this phone. I would have been on the Droid X still if I hadn't discovered the joy of buying and selling phones on eBay. As for the Rezound, it's rooted and runs very well (running a custom ROM). No issues. The battery life is okay (better than my old bionic). I had lots of issues with the Droid X (which I admit for most folks was a good phone, but I was given SEVEN Droid X phones, all defective, before i gave up on it) and Thunderbolt (worst. phone.ever).

I have never owned an iPhone, nor will I ever. I am just not going to fall for the argument that I must get an iphone because it's an iphone. It just isn't the phone for me. Screen is too small, not customizable enough for me. But I admit it is a good phone.

So the take home is that each person has different tastes and experiences. For me the rooted rezound is the best phone I have ever had. No bugs (with me anyway), fast and with a sharp display.
al23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #37 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 99
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWViking View Post
This was the worst phone I've ever had. I had 2 replacements in as many months to the first one. non stop/multiple problems, all the time. It was like a baby that needed to be coddled and told that everything was going to be OK all the time. This phone (stock, not rooted) just flat out hates being a phone and does a horrible job of everything that a phone should do.

I had them send me a Galaxy Nexus this time and I like it.
What kind of problems did you have?

stkorn97, did the official ICS build also resolve the 4GLTE problems?
sdsubasketball is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): HTC DNA, HTC Rezound (mp3 player), Nexus 7, HTC Inc (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 11
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsubasketball View Post
What kind of problems did you have?

stkorn97, did the official ICS build also resolve the 4GLTE problems?
I have had no issues since the update with 4g. Before it, I had alot of random data drops.
stkorn97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #39 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsubasketball View Post
What kind of problems did you have?

stkorn97, did the official ICS build also resolve the 4GLTE problems?

see the thread about Rezound, nexus or Razr for more info.
I really did like this phone through the first two, even with all the problems. I let it take a long long time to sink in just how bad it is. The only things the Rezound has over the Samsung GN is a better screen and camera.

By screen I only mean the sharpness and pixel density.

The fact that the phone regularly and randomly deleted apps off the desktops is another story.

This phone was introduced to the world by satan. Someone at HTC must have sold their soul and this is the payback.
PNWViking is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #40 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 99
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWViking View Post
see the thread about Rezound, nexus or Razr for more info.
I really did like this phone through the first two, even with all the problems. I let it take a long long time to sink in just how bad it is. The only things the Rezound has over the Samsung GN is a better screen and camera.

By screen I only mean the sharpness and pixel density.

The fact that the phone regularly and randomly deleted apps off the desktops is another story.

This phone was introduced to the world by satan. Someone at HTC must have sold their soul and this is the payback.
Thanks for the info. I read and responded to your post in the other thread. I think your case may have been rare because I haven't had a lot of the issues you have. I think phone is good and it works for the most part. I've had some issues here and there, but not like what you've experienced.

I've never seen apps randomly deleted, what happened man? haha. Actually I think I have seen that happen to an app or two once, but not regularly.
sdsubasketball is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Reply

HTC Rezound
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Rezound is the first Beats by Dre smartphone from HTC and will be available on Verizon. It truly is a high-end beast as it boasts a 4.3 inch 720p HD display, a 1.5Ghz processor, 1GB of RAM, an 8 megapixel rear camera with 1080p HD video rec... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Rezound
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.