Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Rezound

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 8th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default My clock will not work..

I just picked up an HTC rezound this past weekend. (Craigslist).. It seemed to work fine and looked in perfect shape..No scratches or water damage. Everything works great on the phone except the clock. It will not move when the phone is at idle or locked. Restarting the phone or going off airplane mode will make it sync but once I put the phone down it rest the clock never moves. It has the lastest software and I don't have any apps added on it other then FB and Gmail. I did a factory reset and that didn't resolve the issue. I went into verizon and they where acually very helpfull and willing to mess with the phone but told me that since it was activated on my account from another account that verizon wouldn't warrenty the phone. He recommend rooting the phone. My thinking is there is an internal clock issue on the phone and I don't feel any software will fix it. Anything I can try before I root it?

jrc240sx is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
acejavelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 612
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, LG G2
Carrier: Aio/Verizon

Thanks: 11
Thanked 168 Times in 136 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc240sx View Post
I just picked up an HTC rezound this past weekend. (Craigslist).. It seemed to work fine and looked in perfect shape..No scratches or water damage. Everything works great on the phone except the clock. It will not move when the phone is at idle or locked. Restarting the phone or going off airplane mode will make it sync but once I put the phone down it rest the clock never moves. It has the lastest software and I don't have any apps added on it other then FB and Gmail. I did a factory reset and that didn't resolve the issue. I went into verizon and they where acually very helpfull and willing to mess with the phone but told me that since it was activated on my account from another account that verizon wouldn't warrenty the phone. He recommend rooting the phone. My thinking is there is an internal clock issue on the phone and I don't feel any software will fix it. Anything I can try before I root it?
I don't know about rooting it, not sure how that would help, but perhaps re-installing the current RUU might help.
acejavelin is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator
 
olbriar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Oz
Posts: 13,370
 
Device(s): HTC M8 Retired Rezound Retired Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 4,530
Thanked 4,999 Times in 2,978 Posts
Default

Hello jrc240sx. Welcome to Android Forums. You might try opening your clock widget and then hit the menu soft key. Choose Local Time Settings and make certain you have Automatic date & time ticked.

Best of luck to you and thanks for joining these forums. I hope you will gain from your time invested here.
olbriar is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the replies. That setting with the network clock is on and it will sync but the time up but between those sync events the clock freezes.
jrc240sx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
acejavelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 612
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, LG G2
Carrier: Aio/Verizon

Thanks: 11
Thanked 168 Times in 136 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc240sx View Post
Thanks for the replies. That setting with the network clock is on and it will sync but the time up but between those sync events the clock freezes.
I still suggest flashing the latest RUU or the Global Mode leak RUU, both are available on Android Police. If this doesn't fix the issue, perhaps rooting and running something to keep the clock in the sync might work, but if reflashing doesn't work anything beyond that is a kludge to get around broken hardware.
acejavelin is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Uncanny Valley
Posts: 167
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
Default

It's been a while since I used the Sense clock widget but I seem to recall that it does not flip until you unlock the phone... then it flips to the correct time. Are you seeing something like that?
Bhelios is offline  
Last edited by Bhelios; November 9th, 2012 at 11:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhelios View Post
It's been a while since I used the Sense clock widget but I seem to recall that it does not flip until you unlock the phone... then it flips to the correct time. Are you seeing something like that?
No the time that is wrong is the time in the upper right hand corner and the time shown on the unlock screen.
I will try a flashing the phone and see what happens
jrc240sx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC Rezound
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Rezound is the first Beats by Dre smartphone from HTC and will be available on Verizon. It truly is a high-end beast as it boasts a 4.3 inch 720p HD display, a 1.5Ghz processor, 1GB of RAM, an 8 megapixel rear camera with 1080p HD video rec... Read More

Tags
clock, rezound


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Rezound
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.