April 12th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 116 Times in 44 Posts
HTC Sensation XL Screen Repair Guide
Does your touch screen and LCD display screen have damage and cracks? This written repair guide will explain how to disassemble and take apart your HTC Sensation XL. This guide will enable anyone to take apart their HTC Sensation XL simply and securely and provide them an opportunity to replace broken screen or damaged areas of their phone.
This guide will help you install the following HTC Sensation XL part (s):
- HTC Sensation XL Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillip screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Replacements)
- Heat Gun/Hair Dryer
HTC Sensation XL take apart/repair guide:
- The first step will be to turn off your phone, then remove the back battery cover, battery, and memory card.
- Using a small Phillips screwdriver remove the ten (10) screws shown in figure 1.
- To remove the back housing, use a safe pry tool and slide it around the outside edges of the back housing, releasing the clips holding the housing in place.
- You can now remove the two (2) antenna cables and after that disconnect the one (1) jaw connecter located in the bottom right.
- Take away the one (1) screw using the small Phillips screwdriver circled in Red.
- At this time you need to simply lift up the mainboard slightly away and disconnect the 2 connectors circled in Yellow in Figure 2.
- Next step is to take away the camera cover and also the vibrate motor circled in Green.
- Detach the display connector. Raise up the power button and the volume button away from the housing located in Blue.
- Once the buttons are released from the housing you can now remove the full motherboard.
- Using a heat gun or hair dryer, warm the display module and cautiously separate the display from middle plate and touch screen.
You can now replace any parts on your HTC Sensation XL. Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.