December 21st, 2009, 04:40 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Dec 2009
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Download Manager consumes battery on Tattoo
I'm new to Android having bought an HTC Tattoo on Vodafone over the last couple of weeks. I love the phone, powerful yet small but have started off with some bad experiences.
The screen on my first phone became totally unresponsive after about 4 days. And now, the battery on the replacement is pants! I have tracked the cause down to being the download manager, if I force a stop on this the battery lasts a much more acceptable amount of time.
So my question(s),
- has anyone else experienced the problem with Download Manager?
- Does anyone know how I can stop Download Manager from loading on startup?
- What does Download Manager actually do? The phone still functions normally even after I have stopped the service - I can even still download new apps
- Can I simply uninstall it?
- Is there an update to Download Manager which might fix the problem?
Thanks in advance,