Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Thunderbolt

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 3rd, 2011, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle Wa
Posts: 368
 
Device(s): 5.5 Glorious Inches
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 56
Thanked 82 Times in 44 Posts
Default 1700 mAh Extended battery duo!!!

So, i checked a few battery threads, didnt see anyone post these, so i thought id bring it to everyones attention. I just ordered the combo pack listed here:

HTC Thunderbolt Verizon LTE 4G 1700mAhx2 Battery+Dock USB Charger PD42100

Ill let everyone know how they work when i get them!

Advertisements
Cavemansol is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cavemansol For This Useful Post:
EgoDogg (April 3rd, 2011), jhsu123 (April 4th, 2011), thorthunderblt (April 4th, 2011), UBRocked (April 3rd, 2011), WormDoes (April 4th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old April 3rd, 2011, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,300
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,633 Times in 894 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Good find...I bet I know a few people that will be running to pick these up!
UBRocked is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 10:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle Wa
Posts: 368
 
Device(s): 5.5 Glorious Inches
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 56
Thanked 82 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Ya, i was pretty damn excited when i saw them...even if their only as good as the original batteries, at least ill have three batteries and a wall charger to boot
Cavemansol is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 27
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Wonder why they couldn't make a 1800 mAh battery like the other ones.
slckofit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default

Hmm? 2 batteries and a charger for that price? Has anyone delt with them in the past, and how are they're batteries holding up.
sean76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 10:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): OG Droid 2/26/10 Thunderbolt 4/11/11 Droid DNA Dec 2012
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I saw the same product on Amazon earlier in the week - but this source is offering it cheaper.
CegAbq is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 10:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Huh, it won't let me add new address for different address to ship than billing address... Hrm...
Hoonage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 10:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): OG Droid 2/26/10 Thunderbolt 4/11/11 Droid DNA Dec 2012
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
Hmm? 2 batteries and a charger for that price? Has anyone delt with them in the past, and how are they're batteries holding up.
Is it really 2 batteries? Someone told me that a 2x..... is one battery. I really couldn't figure it out.
CegAbq is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 10:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 807
 
Device(s): Galaxy Tab 10.1 Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 133
Thanked 161 Times in 105 Posts
Default

Here is info from another thread and another forum:

Do NOT use HTCexpress.com/chichitech!


HTCExpress.com? - Android Forums
ckelly33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 10:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): OG Droid 2/26/10 Thunderbolt 4/11/11 Droid DNA Dec 2012
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I see that the product on Amazon is from the same company; my boss ordered one of these; we'll see whether he gets it or not. But Amazon should stand behind their vendors as well.

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-VERIZON-THUNDERBOLT-2x1500mAh-35H00142-07M/dp/B004SQQFRO/ref=sr_1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1301547359&sr=1-2
CegAbq is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 3rd, 2011, 11:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Posts: 572
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 128
Thanked 85 Times in 61 Posts
Default

I ordered a couple of batteries from htcexpress.com for my Incredible. Didn't have any problems with them. I might order these batteries for my TB soon too.
ttran97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ttran97 For This Useful Post:
redraider1 (April 4th, 2011)
Old April 3rd, 2011, 11:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I bought an aftermarket battery and charger with USB for my Moto droid and it was all garbage. The battery didn't last and the charger only worked once...same with the second charger they sent to replace it. I don't remember where I got it but now will only go for names I know and someone I can go back to if it doesn't work. I'll keep watching to see what you all recommend.
Magentadeb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 11:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
howarmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Noblesville, IN
Posts: 1,580
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Rooted Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 339
Thanked 229 Times in 176 Posts
Send a message via AIM to howarmat howarmat
Default

Saw these on amazon early this morning and picked them up. Hopefully as good as the 1800 were
__________________
~Matt

Rooted Galaxy Nexus
Rooted Asus Transformer
www.twitter.com/howarmat
howarmat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 11:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle Wa
Posts: 368
 
Device(s): 5.5 Glorious Inches
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 56
Thanked 82 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly33 View Post
Here is info from another thread and another forum:

Do NOT use HTCexpress.com/chichitech!


HTCExpress.com? - Android Forums

Welp, im hoping that i luck out, and that the batteries are all in workin order. Ill keep everyone updated either way.
Cavemansol is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 12:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Nor*Cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 167
 
Device(s): Razr Maxx HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 59 Times in 34 Posts
Default

I ordered a set as well. And for the guy asking, it's 2 batteries and a wall charger.

If you order direct from their site use OFF10 for a 10% discount. With free USPS shipping its $44.99.

Keeping my fingers crossed that these are an improvement over the OEM battery. From researching this seller it seems that there is lots more positive feedback then negative. Seems many have had good results with their batteries.

These guys are local to me so if I have problems I can just go knocking on their door.
Nor*Cal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 12:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle Wa
Posts: 368
 
Device(s): 5.5 Glorious Inches
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 56
Thanked 82 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor*Cal View Post
I ordered a set as well. And for the guy asking, it's 2 batteries and a wall charger.

If you order direct from their site use OFF10 for a 10% discount. With free USPS shipping its $44.99.

Keeping my fingers crossed that these are an improvement over the OEM battery. From researching this seller it seems that there is lots more positive feedback then negative. Seems many have had good results with their batteries.

These guys are local to me so if I have problems I can just go knocking on their door.
Nice, welp, if they screw me then youll be my hired muscle, and go a knockin
Cavemansol is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 06:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 293
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts
Default

think this is what we've all been waiting for to be honest. wish it was 1800+ like the evo but a 1700 is still a 25% increase so it might be just enough for me to last through the day (probably not). I am very eagerly awaiting the reviews from everyone!
jcnyc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 06:57 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 293
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Amazon.com: HTC VERIZON THUNDERBOLT 4G LTE 2x1700mAh Battery better than OEM (35H00142-07M) + Wall Travel Dock USB Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon reviews look good so far...
jcnyc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 07:12 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tech Addiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 856
 
Device(s): hTC ThunderBolt VZW, Droid Incredible VZW, Samsung Tab T-Mob, Moto Xoom VZW
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 160
Thanked 136 Times in 101 Posts
Default

What worries me is it's the same model number this seller is using for the 2x 1500mah batteries and charger. Go to hTC Express and search for myt4g. Both kits are saying BD42100, and if you use the magnifier on the 1700 mah battery you will see right on the battery BD42100. Just sayin.
Tech Addiction is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 07:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 267
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Default

This site has bad reviews all over the place and their batteries test well below the stated capacity. Stay away.
jmz768 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 4th, 2011, 07:35 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alpharetta, GA (ATL)
Posts: 595
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 95
Thanked 94 Times in 71 Posts
Default

I've got the 1500 mah from this seller - they ship really fast and the batteries thus far are performing as good as OEM. I'm going to wait another month or so and see how the batteries hold up over time, but if they keep going strong then I'll give a positive review on Amazon.

Following the links above - it looks like the only compliant was that a guy tried to cancel his order with them and they don't respond. Not that big of a deal, if you ask me.
AustinTech is offline  
Last edited by AustinTech; April 4th, 2011 at 07:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Nor*Cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 167
 
Device(s): Razr Maxx HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 59 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz768 View Post
This site has bad reviews all over the place and their batteries test well below the stated capacity. Stay away.

Can you please tell me were you found battery tests from this seller? I've looked all over and can not find any tests. Spent hours researching.
Nor*Cal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
JustinHEMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 517
 
Device(s): D1, Dinc, DX, D2, TB, GN, Rezound, S3, currently Moto X.
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 316
Thanked 153 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
What worries me is it's the same model number this seller is using for the 2x 1500mah batteries and charger. Go to hTC Express and search for myt4g. Both kits are saying BD42100, and if you use the magnifier on the 1700 mah battery you will see right on the battery BD42100. Just sayin.
Yeah it looks like they are using stock images. The battery in the image on Amazon even says myT4G.
JustinHEMI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 09:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tech Addiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 856
 
Device(s): hTC ThunderBolt VZW, Droid Incredible VZW, Samsung Tab T-Mob, Moto Xoom VZW
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 160
Thanked 136 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
Yeah it looks like they are using stock images. The battery in the image on Amazon even says myT4G.
Right but the image for the 1700mah that's on the official hTC Express web site says right on the battery, Thunderbolt, MYT4G, merge and then says 1700mah BD42100 which is the same number on the 1500mah battery/charger combo I got a few days ago. It just seems fishy that all of sudden, 1700mah batteries appear out of no where. I'm sure the 1500mah batteries will be fine for the price considering they come with a charger that could at least be a good charger for a brand name battery if nothing else. I just don't know I would want to pay almost twice the money for the 1700mah kit when it looks like a rebrand. Somebody buy the 1700mah kit and be the guinny pig and test it.
Tech Addiction is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 09:57 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Nor*Cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 167
 
Device(s): Razr Maxx HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 59 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
Right but the image for the 1700mah that's on the official hTC Express web site says right on the battery, Thunderbolt, MYT4G, merge and then says 1700mah BD42100 which is the same number on the 1500mah battery/charger combo I got a few days ago. It just seems fishy that all of sudden, 1700mah batteries appear out of no where. I'm sure the 1500mah batteries will be fine for the price considering they come with a charger that could at least be a good charger for a brand name battery if nothing else. I just don't know I would want to pay almost twice the money for the 1700mah kit when it looks like a rebrand. Somebody buy the 1700mah kit and be the guinny pig and test it.

Does seem fishy. I should have my 1700s in a few days and will do my best to test them and post my results.
Nor*Cal is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nor*Cal For This Useful Post:
redraider1 (April 4th, 2011), Tech Addiction (April 4th, 2011), thorthunderblt (April 4th, 2011)
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:15 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
thorthunderblt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ur moms bed
Posts: 325
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor*Cal View Post
Does seem fishy. I should have my 1700s in a few days and will do my best to test them and post my results.


Please do.
thorthunderblt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ChiTownJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,380
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II Galaxy Nexus HTC Thunderbolt Nexus 7
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 144
Thanked 289 Times in 222 Posts
Default

I have a feeling these are going to be the same as the 1500mah batteries with wall charger u see ebay for $12 shipped just that they're red and it doesn't take three weeks to recieve the product
ChiTownJim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 279
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 62 Times in 38 Posts
Default

I wouldn't put much faith in a chinese battery that claims to have substantially more capacity with the same form factor.
garnto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownJim View Post
I have a feeling these are going to be the same as the 1500mah batteries with wall charger u see ebay for $12 shipped just that they're red and it doesn't take three weeks to recieve the product

Yup I'm gonna sit and wait it out as well. I was checking they're site everyday and found nothing. Now all.of a sudden they have 1700's....

Anyway I'm ok with my stock and siedio 1600, which by the way Jim is no better then the stock HTC 1400 at this point.
sean76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 52
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

if the battery test claims at .80% of the claims this battery will only be 1360
flanntastic is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 293
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts
Default

If you look at Amazon's website,

Amazon.com: HTC VERIZON THUNDERBOLT 4G LTE 2x1700mAh Battery better than OEM (35H00142-07M) + Wall Travel Dock USB Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

Under the product features section, there's a

2 x 1700mAh Battery(RED+BLACK) and 1 x Universal Wall Dock USB Charger
Capacity: 1500 mAh; (Compatible model BD42100,PD42100,35H00142-07M)

Interesting how the two bullet points contradict either. Looks really sketch to me. And how the hell did people review it so soon when it came out last friday??
jcnyc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:56 AM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ChiTownJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,380
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II Galaxy Nexus HTC Thunderbolt Nexus 7
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 144
Thanked 289 Times in 222 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
Yup I'm gonna sit and wait it out as well. I was checking they're site everyday and found nothing. Now all.of a sudden they have 1700's....

Anyway I'm ok with my stock and siedio 1600, which by the way Jim is no better then the stock HTC 1400 at this point.
Yeah I had a feeling it wouldn't be much better then stock just having expierence with the Seidio 1750 which was only slightly better then the EVO 1500 battery

After rooting and installing a OCUV (overclocked and undervolted) my phone is faster and getting amazing battery life especially at idle , so I think getting a spare oem battery and using it with the external charger is the way to go. But I'm easily making it thru the day rooted
ChiTownJim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 985
 
Device(s): Droid Razr Maxx HD
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 28
Thanked 278 Times in 154 Posts
Send a message via AIM to dguy
Default

There really needs to be a sticky about fake batteries. The number of people on this board that actually believe there is a such thing as a 1700 or 1800mah battery that is the same size as the Thunderbolt's 1400 is insane. It's a scam people.
dguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #34 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dguy View Post
There really needs to be a sticky about fake batteries. The number of people on this board that actually believe there is a such thing as a 1700 or 1800mah battery that is the same size as the Thunderbolt's 1400 is insane. It's a scam people.
Not necessarily. I mean look at the EVO and incredible 1800mah batteries that are the same size. It's called technology they are working and using new methods to get larger amounts of mah into a smaller(physically sized) battery.
redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 279
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 62 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redraider1 View Post
Not necessarily. I mean look at the EVO and incredible 1800mah batteries that are the same size. It's called technology they are working and using new methods to get larger amounts of mah into a smaller(physically sized) battery.
yea but knock off chinese companies do not have that technology. it would be to costly for them to have cutting edge tech
garnto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 12:15 PM   #36 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnto View Post
yea but knock off chinese companies do not have that technology. it would be to costly for them to have cutting edge tech
If you look around the various forums many people have bought these batteries and it significantly increased their battery. I agree there are alot of knock offs out there but this place has some solid reviews and users on these forums who used them and were happy with the results.
redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 12:19 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 279
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 62 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redraider1 View Post
If you look around the various forums many people have bought these batteries and it significantly increased their battery. I agree there are alot of knock offs out there but this place has some solid reviews and users on these forums who used them and were happy with the results.
user reviews do not mean anything because there are far to many variables in battery life. I have yet to see an actual test(on a meter), of one of these knock off batteries, that held true to its claims

if there have been tests proving claims any of these companies as legit please share, but like I said all of the ones I have seen did nothing but show how bogus they were
garnto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 12:36 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 236
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 38 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Sounds fishy.
Halcyon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 251
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Default

I have a 8400 mah battery for sale. It weighs 25 lbs though and you can use it to drive a power wheels monster truck.
WildH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #40 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
WormDoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,199
 
Device(s): G2 & Nexus 7
Carrier: Trapped on Verizon

Thanks: 605
Thanked 1,288 Times in 672 Posts
tren8622@gmail.com
Default

Thanks for posting this OP. I meant to make a thread on Saturday when I found out about this, but I completely forgot. My apologizes.

As far as being reputable, I have ordered from them in the past and they ship fast and the 1800 mAh battery I ordered was awesome.

Side note, I don't like how they've gotten rid of the one battery and wall charger. I don't need 3 batteries. I'd much rather one battery and charger for $25-30
WormDoes is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WormDoes For This Useful Post:
redraider1 (April 4th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #41 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
WormDoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,199
 
Device(s): G2 & Nexus 7
Carrier: Trapped on Verizon

Thanks: 605
Thanked 1,288 Times in 672 Posts
tren8622@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dguy View Post
There really needs to be a sticky about fake batteries. The number of people on this board that actually believe there is a such thing as a 1700 or 1800mah battery that is the same size as the Thunderbolt's 1400 is insane. It's a scam people.

I had the 1800 mAh for my Incredible from HTC Express and got double the life of my stock 1300. Thanks anyways, though
WormDoes is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WormDoes For This Useful Post:
redraider1 (April 4th, 2011)
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
WormDoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,199
 
Device(s): G2 & Nexus 7
Carrier: Trapped on Verizon

Thanks: 605
Thanked 1,288 Times in 672 Posts
tren8622@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnto View Post
user reviews do not mean anything because there are far to many variables in battery life. I have yet to see an actual test(on a meter), of one of these knock off batteries, that held true to its claims

if there have been tests proving claims any of these companies as legit please share, but like I said all of the ones I have seen did nothing but show how bogus they were
I could care less about actual test numbers, real world experience and 48 hours between charges is perfectly fine for me.
WormDoes is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 251
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Until someone posts real hands on experience with this battery....I will hold off. Just hate throwing at something without knowing there is a difference.
WildH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 279
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 62 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WormDoes View Post
I could care less about actual test numbers, real world experience and 48 hours between charges is perfectly fine for me.
lol. have fun with your "real world" experiences. if the voltage and maH don't match then your experience is just delusional.

I'm not saying this specific company sells bad batteries(have not seen tests on theirs), but chances are that it does
garnto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
WormDoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,199
 
Device(s): G2 & Nexus 7
Carrier: Trapped on Verizon

Thanks: 605
Thanked 1,288 Times in 672 Posts
tren8622@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnto View Post
lol. have fun with your "real world" experiences. if the voltage and maH don't match then your experience is just delusional.

I'm not saying this specific company sells bad batteries(have not seen tests on theirs), but chances are that it does
How is my experience delusional? I don't care whether you buy one of these or not, but up until I got my TB I used the 1800 from HTC Express and had nothing but great results. I even made a thread about it and other people had positive results as well. I'll dig it up if anyone would like to see it
WormDoes is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WormDoes For This Useful Post:
nkk (April 4th, 2011), redraider1 (April 4th, 2011)
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:35 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 279
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 62 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WormDoes View Post
How is my experience delusional? I don't care whether you buy one of these or not, but up until I got my TB I used the 1800 from HTC Express and had nothing but great results. I even made a thread about it and other people had positive results as well. I'll dig it up if anyone would like to see it
never mind. I'll just assume your post was mis worded
garnto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:37 PM   #47 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
howarmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Noblesville, IN
Posts: 1,580
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Rooted Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 339
Thanked 229 Times in 176 Posts
Send a message via AIM to howarmat howarmat
Default

the 1800s were great for the inc i agree. MANY people were very happy with the results. I know it was better than th 1750 was for me
howarmat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle Wa
Posts: 368
 
Device(s): 5.5 Glorious Inches
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 56
Thanked 82 Times in 44 Posts
Default

No reason to get testy everyone. Im sure once me or someone else gets these batteries, there will be a decent review. All i know is that on my TB stock battery, im getting a pretty consistent 8-10 hour life. If i can stretch that out to 14 hours, id be ecstatic.
Cavemansol is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
WormDoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,199
 
Device(s): G2 & Nexus 7
Carrier: Trapped on Verizon

Thanks: 605
Thanked 1,288 Times in 672 Posts
tren8622@gmail.com
Default

Either way I'll be ordering these based on my past experience with them
WormDoes is online now  
Last edited by WormDoes; April 4th, 2011 at 08:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 08:58 PM   #50 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ChiTownJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,380
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II Galaxy Nexus HTC Thunderbolt Nexus 7
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 144
Thanked 289 Times in 222 Posts
Default

I'd love to hear a few people with some positive feedback on these if they are I'd order one. Do they sell a single battery without a wall charger?
ChiTownJim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC Thunderbolt
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Thunderbolt is the first ever 4G phone on Verizon Wireless. The name is no surprise... you can expect the Thunderbolt to have lightning speeds as the carrier ushers in a new era of mobile power. While 4G speeds on a Verizon Android Phone ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Thunderbolt
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.