Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Thunderbolt

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 12th, 2011, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default So now HTC has 1.2 Ghz Dual Core Processors? Why'd they skimp on our TB?

Ok I know the TB was thought up a while ago, but someone in HTC development had to be aware that a chip like the one going in this new EVO 3D, and the even newer getting announced today HTC sensation with a 1.2 Ghz processor would be available! So why still make a super phone like the TB with a single core? All while they definitely knew about Motorola's plans for the Tegra 2 chips going in the Atrix and Bionic. My question is just why not maybe hold out and try and get this chip in the TB and really make it a superphone that'll atleast stand the test of time for the better part of the whole year. I'll tell you why, because in 6months HTC will be pushing a newer version phone, similar to the TB in size, but rocking a 2011ish Dual Core, and most likely have a QHD display on board as well. Seriously that's just uncool, because I can see something like this coming in Aug/Sept.

This is the problem with Android, and these phone manufacturers. They need to relax with the amount of phones being pushed out, this is crazy. When the HTC sensation drops, it'll make my beloved TB look like a cabbage patch doll from the 80's. I understand evolution and change in technology. But right now its really starting to show how much these companies are trying to take advantage of us, the customers. Everyone hates Apples way of running things, but atleast they only put out one phone a year to they're loyal following. Then look at us, a new phone every few weeks that blows the last one away...like I said...getting very uncool.

Advertisements
sean76 is offline  
Last edited by sean76; April 12th, 2011 at 09:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sean76 For This Useful Post:
load97 (April 12th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old April 12th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
odiej34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 512
 
Device(s): OG Droid, HTC THUNDERBOLT
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 95
Thanked 56 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
Ok I know the TB was thought up a while ago, but someone in HTC development had to be aware that a chip like the one going in this new EVO 3D, and the even newer getting announced today HTC sensation with a 1.2 Ghz processor would be available! So why still make a super phone like the TB with a single core? All while they definitely knew about Motorola's plans for the Tegra 2 chips going in the Atrix and Bionic. My question is just why not maybe hold out and try and get this chip in the TB and really make it a superphone that'll atleast stand the test of time for the better part of the whole year. I'll tell you why, because in 6months HTC will be pushing a newer version phone, similar to the TB in size, but rocking a 2010ish Dual Core, and most likely have a QHD display on board as well. Seriously that's just uncool, because I can see something like this coming in Aug/Sept.

This is the problem with Android, and these phone manufacturers. They need to relax with the amount of phones being pushed out, this is crazy. When the HTC sensation drops, it'll make my beloved TB look like a cabbage patch doll from the 80's. I understand evolution and change in technology. But right now its really starting to show how much these companies are trying to take advantage of us, the customers. Everyone hates Apples way of running things, but atleast they only put out one phone a year to they're loyal following. Then look at us, a new phone every few weeks that blows the last one away...like I said...getting very uncool.
You had to know something better was coming, didn't you?.... Not trying to flame BUT if you're not cool with NEWER and BETTER phones coming out 3-6 months after your purchase, the Android platform might not be for you.
odiej34 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to odiej34 For This Useful Post:
redraider1 (April 12th, 2011)
Old April 12th, 2011, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 16 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
I understand evolution and change in technology.
No, I don't really think you do.
Wargazm is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wargazm For This Useful Post:
CyberPitz (April 13th, 2011), dajogejr (April 13th, 2011), DRLyman (April 13th, 2011), dyezak (April 12th, 2011), howarmat (April 12th, 2011), redraider1 (April 12th, 2011)
Old April 12th, 2011, 08:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,300
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,632 Times in 894 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Easy guys...sean76 has a valid point.

The comparison with the iPhone is flawed though because Apple has a huge following that will buy the phone they release every year regardless of what is actually under the hood. Android owners are much less brand loyal. Hell, I've owned Android devices made by 6 different manufacturers.

That is part of why HTC released the Thunderbolt without a dual core. There is a lot of oneupmanship going on within the Android platform. This is a good thing but also a bad thing.

The good: We constantly have improved devices coming out and we have a lot of comparison shopping we can do within the same OS.

The bad: The manufacturers release updated devices with smaller improvements because they are going to release 2-3 phones per year. They just want to be able to trump the best "current" phone. It's turned into a game of selling as many devices as possible within 3 months of the launch.

At least that's my take on it.
UBRocked is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to UBRocked For This Useful Post:
load97 (April 12th, 2011)
Old April 12th, 2011, 08:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiej34 View Post
You had to know something better was coming, didn't you?.... Not trying to flame BUT if you're not cool with NEWER and BETTER phones coming out 3-6 months after your purchase, the Android platform might not be for you.

hahahaha... Android right for me? The TB just came out 3 weeks ago...does Apple announce a newer better device every few weeks...NO they don't! Does Motorola even do it with Android, no they really don't. What I'm saying is if they had the know how, they could have added in more advanced 2011ish type specs in order to really play hard ball with the rest of the bunch.
sean76 is offline  
Last edited by sean76; April 12th, 2011 at 09:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sean76 For This Useful Post:
load97 (April 12th, 2011)
Old April 12th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jreed2560's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,922
 
Device(s): (NONE) LG G2 HTC DNA Droid RAZR HTC Rezound HTC Thunderbolt Droid X Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 561
Thanked 451 Times in 305 Posts
jreed2560@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargazm View Post
No, I don't really think you do.
and the point of your post is? to sound cool because you think you burned someone on the internet?

Something had to be the last phone with a single core. Sucks it had to be our phone, but don't sweat it. Did you sign a 1 yr or a 2 yr? Because on a 1 year we can upgrade in 10 months and make all these noobs with dual-core phones jealous when we're rocking quad-core phones.
jreed2560 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to jreed2560 For This Useful Post:
load97 (April 12th, 2011)
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargazm View Post
No, I don't really think you do.

I won't even dig into your comment because honestly there's no need for that type of talk in these forums. I get it pal, maybe you don't.
sean76 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to sean76 For This Useful Post:
load97 (April 12th, 2011)
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

There is always going to be something "better" on the horizon. Not unlike PC's back in the mid 90's. The difference with Apple is they make one phone. HTC has several models.
RobG5589 is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreed2560 View Post
and the point of your post is? to sound cool because you think you burned someone on the internet?

Something had to be the last phone with a single core. Sucks it had to be our phone, but don't sweat it. Did you sign a 1 yr or a 2 yr? Because on a 1 year we can upgrade in 10 months and make all these noobs with dual-core phones jealous when we're rocking quad-core phones.

Lol...yea he thought it would be cool for his BIG splash post! Water under the bridge, some just have to be the ones to try and start a food fight.
sean76 is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
Easy guys...sean76 has a valid point.

The comparison with the iPhone is flawed though because Apple has a huge following that will buy the phone they release every year regardless of what is actually under the hood. Android owners are much less brand loyal. Hell, I've owned Android devices made by 6 different manufacturers.

That is part of why HTC released the Thunderbolt without a dual core. There is a lot of oneupmanship going on within the Android platform. This is a good thing but also a bad thing.

The good: We constantly have improved devices coming out and we have a lot of comparison shopping we can do within the same OS.

The bad: The manufacturers release updated devices with smaller improvements because they are going to release 2-3 phones per year. They just want to be able to trump the best "current" phone. It's turned into a game of selling as many devices as possible within 3 months of the launch.

At least that's my take on it.

Thanks Rock...that's pretty much my take on it...its turning into a 3 month race to see who can one up the other guy. I just kinda see HTC even doing it right inside they're own company...crazy in my eyes... And like a true consumer I'll be out buying it in a few months...lmaoo
sean76 is offline  
sponsored links
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 16 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
Easy guys...sean76 has a valid point.
I don't really think he does. His complaint is based on a silly sense of entitlement: he feels that he is owed some arbitrary period of exclusivity on owning the best/fastest/biggest/whatever android phone.

Why should HTC hold off on supplying dual core phones? Because the OP wants bragging rights for longer?

The Thunderbolt isn't an obsolete device by any means. His assertion that it's now a cabbage patch doll is absolutely ridiculous. It's not like the Sensation will magically make the Thunderbolt stop working. We'll get Sense 3.0 too, and the video store, and whatever else.

If we don't get those features even though our TBs are more than capable of running them, *then* OP can complain about planned obsolescence. Until then, though, it just smacks of silly entitled whining from a dude who either doesn't understand technology or doesn't understand the market forces that drive its development.
Wargazm is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wargazm For This Useful Post:
DRLyman (April 13th, 2011), garnto (April 12th, 2011), jaybeewaybee (April 12th, 2011), JustinHEMI (April 12th, 2011), McLabia (April 12th, 2011), odiej34 (April 13th, 2011), zerocool79346 (April 12th, 2011)
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargazm View Post
I don't really think he does. His complaint is based on a silly sense of entitlement: he feels that he is owed some arbitrary period of exclusivity on owning the best/fastest/biggest/whatever android phone.

Why should HTC hold off on supplying dual core phones? Because the OP wants bragging rights for longer?

The Thunderbolt isn't an obsolete device by any means. His assertion that it's now a cabbage patch doll is absolutely ridiculous. It's not like the Sensation will magically make the Thunderbolt stop working. We'll get Sense 3.0 too, and the video store, and whatever else.

If we don't get those features even though our TBs are more than capable of running them, *then* OP can complain about planned obsolescence. Until then, though, it just smacks of silly entitled whining from a dude who either doesn't understand technology or doesn't understand the market forces that drive its development.

You really need to go my man. How long have you been here? Whats the point of your post, that I don't get it. Ok seriously, I get it wise guy. You sound like a poster boy fan boy! You just got here and your already in danger of being viewed as a venom enriched trouble maker. It's not cool to down play your fellow members on these Forums. As for the phone, if your ok with rocking the TB for the next 2 years with a single core, that's absolutely fine with me, enjoy yourself. I have the funds to buy a new phone every week...lol. That is not the point, bragging rights is not the point. Cannibalism is the point. Releasing a new phone every 2/3 months is insane. Especially when the next one has all the things a 2011 type should! That's my point. Your post was uncool, it was directed hard at me...do I take offense? No I don't, I'll be here long after you leave my man. Either way, enjoy your day!
sean76 is offline  
Last edited by sean76; April 12th, 2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
thorthunderblt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ur moms bed
Posts: 325
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Android Tension breaker lol

YouTube - Android on crack..lol
thorthunderblt is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thorthunderblt For This Useful Post:
breadnatty08 (April 13th, 2011), EgoDogg (April 12th, 2011)
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rushmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 7,738
 
Device(s): S4, iPad Air, Note 2014 10.1, Dell V11 5130, Nvidia Shield. Yes- too many devices.
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,372 Times in 961 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG5589 View Post
There is always going to be something "better" on the horizon. Not unlike PC's back in the mid 90's. The difference with Apple is they make one phone. HTC has several models.

Yes, but the TB has older tech in it by about one year, so 2X the normal rate. The 8255/8655 is becoming the floor for chipsets and not premium devices (that is for dual core).

Had this device released last year (sans the 4G, of course), the point about "newer tech always coming" would fit the normal premise. We can spin all we want, but VZW is becoming "also rans" for new device tech.

Sadly, if the TB is a success, this will validate releasing older tech in devices, since VZW will get away with it and charge premium prices. Great for their margins and VZW thanks all who participate
rushmore is offline  
Last edited by rushmore; April 12th, 2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,300
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,632 Times in 894 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
Thanks Rock...that's pretty much my take on it...its turning into a 3 month race to see who can one up the other guy. I just kinda see HTC even doing it right inside they're own company...crazy in my eyes... And like a true consumer I'll be out buying it in a few months...lmaoo
NP.

It's business...pure and simple. Verizon had a weaker lineup of phones than any other carrier so the Thunderbolt just had to beat the DX, D2G, and Fascinate. They aren't trying to beat out the Bionic because they will do that in the fall like you said.

Sprint is a different animal because they already had the EVO. The Thunderbolt is an improvement over the EVO...but not enough of an improvement if the phones were on the same carrier.

It's a game...but the key is understanding it and not getting on the "gotta have the newest device" train (or you'll go bankrupt ). Like I've said in other posts, tell me what you can do with a dual core phone TODAY, that you can't do on the Thunderbolt. I'm not saying I wouldn't prefer a dual core processor...I just don't "need" it yet and honestly, you probably won't "need" a dual core processor for another 2-3 years.
UBRocked is online now  
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 293
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts
Default

I agree with this thread. I think the amount of phones being released by all the phone manufacturers is saturating the andriod brand. For the average simpleton of a cell phone user, the iphone looks mighty appealing because it is popular, well known by everyone no matter what phone you have and you know exactly what to expect. With android it is a complete 180. Every phone is mostly the same but there are minor differences still. The average person doesn't want to deal with researching every phone available only to realize that if they wait another month, they will have a better phone available to them.

With that said, I realyl dont' think the Tbolt will be obsolete compared to these phones. Coming from the Atrix, the dual core was nice but really made little difference and the end of the day. Are we really running apps that REQUIRE the power of a dual core processor? It is a cell phone at the end of the day. I think the tbolt will last as at least another year before we can call it obsolete.
jcnyc is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
howarmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Noblesville, IN
Posts: 1,580
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Rooted Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 339
Thanked 229 Times in 176 Posts
Send a message via AIM to howarmat howarmat
Default

The thunderbolt was revealed middle last year i think, you cant expect it to have dual core chip. If you didnt think HTC was going to have a dual core phone out or close to it you are naive.

im with wargazm on this one. The TB suffered from a very long process of getting in on the LTE network i think, not from HTC lack of design for it.
__________________
~Matt

Rooted Galaxy Nexus
Rooted Asus Transformer
www.twitter.com/howarmat
howarmat is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rushmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 7,738
 
Device(s): S4, iPad Air, Note 2014 10.1, Dell V11 5130, Nvidia Shield. Yes- too many devices.
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,372 Times in 961 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
The thunderbolt was revealed middle last year i think, you cant expect it to have dual core chip. If you didnt think HTC was going to have a dual core phone out or close to it you are naive.

im with wargazm on this one. The TB suffered from a very long process of getting in on the LTE network i think, not from HTC lack of design for it.

That seems a key point. The device got stuck in 4G network catch-up for about six months, hence the perception that for a premium flag device, it released with old tech. Based on tech cycles- the TB missed one cycle and is old tech by default.

jcnyc has a valid point: Most people will not notice, unless playing game emulators or similar CPU intensive apps. The 8655 is sloooow compared to the Tegra 2 for those apps. 8655 also is less efficient with battery than dual cores. The new Snap dual is apparently even better with battery than the Tegra 2.
rushmore is offline  
Last edited by rushmore; April 12th, 2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,300
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,632 Times in 894 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargazm View Post
I don't really think he does. His complaint is based on a silly sense of entitlement: he feels that he is owed some arbitrary period of exclusivity on owning the best/fastest/biggest/whatever android phone.

Why should HTC hold off on supplying dual core phones? Because the OP wants bragging rights for longer?

The Thunderbolt isn't an obsolete device by any means. His assertion that it's now a cabbage patch doll is absolutely ridiculous. It's not like the Sensation will magically make the Thunderbolt stop working. We'll get Sense 3.0 too, and the video store, and whatever else.

If we don't get those features even though our TBs are more than capable of running them, *then* OP can complain about planned obsolescence. Until then, though, it just smacks of silly entitled whining from a dude who either doesn't understand technology or doesn't understand the market forces that drive its development.
I hear you...I do.

But as a consumer, it is his right to feel a little ripped off. I don't...but he didn't spend my money, he spent his.

But please everyone...no more bickering. If you don't agree with the way the OP feels, move along. I see his point though and there are going to be a lot of TB owners that are pissed off they don't have a 3D camera and screen when the EVO 3D launches.

I'm going into a meeting...I don't want to come back to see this thread gone wild or infractions will be issued
UBRocked is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to UBRocked For This Useful Post:
load97 (April 12th, 2011)
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
NP.

It's business...pure and simple. Verizon had a weaker lineup of phones than any other carrier so the Thunderbolt just had to beat the DX, D2G, and Fascinate. They aren't trying to beat out the Bionic because they will do that in the fall like you said.

Sprint is a different animal because they already had the EVO. The Thunderbolt is an improvement over the EVO...but not enough of an improvement if the phones were on the same carrier.

It's a game...but the key is understanding it and not getting on the "gotta have the newest device" train (or you'll go bankrupt ). Like I've said in other posts, tell me what you can do with a dual core phone TODAY, that you can't do on the Thunderbolt. I'm not saying I wouldn't prefer a dual core processor...I just don't "need" it yet and honestly, you probably won't "need" a dual core processor for another 2-3 years.

My Mann! As I've said in numorous posts, I'm pretty content with my TB.. For now...lol.
Your right though, dual core will be needed down the line for numerous things...as for right now, its not 100% needed. But it would deff help with battery consumption right now.
sean76 is offline  
sponsored links
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 16 Times in 5 Posts
Default

All right, I'll back off. Sorry if I annoyed anyone...I'm used to forums where people have thicker skin and the bar for acceptable comments is lower.

I apologize for my first comment being rude. Overall I do think that the OP and others in this thread are demonstrating a lack of understanding of technology. For example:

Quote:
Yes, but the TB has older tech in it by about one year
Just because the spec sheet says "1 GhZ, single core" doesn't mean the processor in the TB is the same one you could get a year ago. There are lots of things that processor manufacturers can do to the fundamental architecture to improve performance of a processor. The TB's proc is a new generation single-core processor that is much better than those that were released a year ago.

That being said, the Pyramid will probably trounce it in benchmarks...that's just the way things go. But it doesn't make the TB obsolete, and it doesn't mean HTC is ripping everyone off.
Wargazm is offline  
Last edited by Wargazm; April 12th, 2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
howarmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Noblesville, IN
Posts: 1,580
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Rooted Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 339
Thanked 229 Times in 176 Posts
Send a message via AIM to howarmat howarmat
Default

froyo is not optimized for dual core really, neither are the apps. Its not going to magically make your battery last hours longer
howarmat is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:53 AM   #23 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 16 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Battery drain on the TB is mostly due to the 4G radio, which the Sensation also has. There may also be differences in power consumption due to the way GSM and CDMA handle things (not very knowledgeable on that, though). Not to mention that the two phones will likely have different battery sizes.

It's apples and oranges.
Wargazm is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
The thunderbolt was revealed middle last year i think, you cant expect it to have dual core chip. If you didnt think HTC was going to have a dual core phone out or close to it you are naive.

im with wargazm on this one. The TB suffered from a very long process of getting in on the LTE network i think, not from HTC lack of design for it.

Ok yes, that is a very valid point. Your point on the fact that 4G did slow it up is very much a good point. I saw spy shots of this phone as early as Oct/Nov of 2010....most of us thought it would be here either for the 2010 holiday season, or at the latest for the start of the new year. If that would have been the case, this thread would not exist. That's like being mad that a successor to the Fascinate is coming out soon! That would be fine. The Fascinate released in Sept of 2010, so a successor coming now is I guess ok with me. But not even a month later after the TB got pushed out are we seeing truly great specs coming from HTC. I'll agree on your it got stuck in the pipeline 4G release theory though. That's pretty valid. That other guys point wasn't though, I do get it ; )
sean76 is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
howarmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Noblesville, IN
Posts: 1,580
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Rooted Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 339
Thanked 229 Times in 176 Posts
Send a message via AIM to howarmat howarmat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargazm View Post
Battery drain on the TB is mostly due to the 4G radio, which the Sensation also has. There may also be differences in power consumption due to the way GSM and CDMA handle things (not very knowledgeable on that, though). Not to mention that the two phones will likely have different battery sizes.

It's apples and oranges.
GSM typically has less battery drain due to the way the signal works compared to CDMA.
howarmat is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:01 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
froyo is not optimized for dual core really, neither are the apps. Its not going to magically make your battery last hours longer

Well that's why the TB should have came with Gingerbread! Problem solved.

However, the Atrix is rocking a dual core, and its running Froyo just fine?
sean76 is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:03 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 369
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, thunderbolt, Droid X for work. moto XOOM
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 99 Times in 59 Posts
Default

exactly, although dual core has some power advantages most android phones experience horrible battery due to apps pulling data and firing up the 3g/4g radio not from taxing the cpu
Proph is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
howarmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Noblesville, IN
Posts: 1,580
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Rooted Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 339
Thanked 229 Times in 176 Posts
Send a message via AIM to howarmat howarmat
Default

motorola has better battery life with all of their devices and the atrix has a bigger battery by far. GB isnt even truly written for dual core. I think 2.4 will be though
howarmat is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:05 AM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargazm View Post
All right, I'll back off. Sorry if I annoyed anyone...I'm used to forums where people have thicker skin and the bar for acceptable comments is lower.

I apologize for my first comment being rude. Overall I do think that the OP and others in this thread are demonstrating a lack of understanding of technology. For example:



Just because the spec sheet says "1 GhZ, single core" doesn't mean the processor in the TB is the same one you could get a year ago. There are lots of things that processor manufacturers can do to the fundamental architecture to improve performance of a processor. The TB's proc is a new generation single-core processor that is much better than those that were released a year ago.

That being said, the Pyramid will probably trounce it in benchmarks...that's just the way things go. But it doesn't make the TB obsolete, and it doesn't mean HTC is ripping everyone off.

No Harm Done.

Nahhh, its not obsolete by any means at the moment. Listen if they give us the newer version of sense, and Gingerbread in a timely fashion all is forgivin. Right now the TB trounces any phone out there in the speed dept, that's all because of the quickness of 4G... However I have to believe a dual core with 4G would be pretty amazing. With of course at least a 1750mAh battery. This 1400 is for the birds.
sean76 is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:08 AM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
motorola has better battery life with all of their devices and the atrix has a bigger battery by far. GB isnt even truly written for dual core. I think 2.4 will be though

My Atrix was pretty nuts in the battery dept. I mean I was hardly charging it, had the brightness all the way up, lots of apps running, with very heavy use. Not even a dent. Honestly what ever MOTO has going on, its working. The stock Atrix battery was awesome. However, at&t's H+ was a joke.
sean76 is offline  
sponsored links
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:27 AM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Curt941's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 283
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Default

The problem is, none of these HTC phones are on Verizon, so they're not really apples to apples.

If you want to switch to Sprint or T-Mobile, you can get a dual core HTC unit, but not on Verizon yet, so you still have the best Verizon HTC phone....
Curt941 is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Most, I would assume, have no idea the differences between single core, dual core, Tegra, this giga hertz vs. that giga hertz. Devices are released based on the average consumer, like myself. Most users arent "techie" types like a lot of you guys here. Most text, play around online, and play Angry Birds, which the TB does well. Again, purely a non techie observation.
RobG5589 is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:32 AM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Columbia, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,050
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HTC One, Nexus 4, HTC One S, iToy (iPhone)
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 34
Thanked 263 Times in 179 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt941 View Post
The problem is, none of these HTC phones are on Verizon, so they're not really apples to apples.

If you want to switch to Sprint or T-Mobile, you can get a dual core HTC unit, but not on Verizon yet, so you still have the best Verizon HTC phone....
This.
For me T-Mobile has iffy 3g coverage.
AT&T is dropped call city....
Verizon just works.

The bolt is the best offering and after that Droid X with it's locked bootloader I was ready for a change back to HTC.
No complaints here..

If you spend your time chasing the latest and greatest you will never be happy.
HTC already has something even newer in development now.... can't sit here and wait for that, can we?
LoyalServant is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:34 AM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ska.t73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,659
 
Device(s): Verizon Galaxy Nexus, Droid (retired), Thunderbolt (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 387
Thanked 309 Times in 245 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
Well that's why the TB should have came with Gingerbread! Problem solved.

However, the Atrix is rocking a dual core, and its running Froyo just fine?
The Atrix is running Froyo just fine, however it isn't optimized for it. So that extra core really isn't doing anything. Sure it might help a bit with battery life, but you really can't compare the Atrix to the TB with battery life. First the Atrix is on GSM which is better at battery life at the expense of signal strength, second the Atrix shiped with a bigger battery (this was an error on HTC's part).

I think that right now we are going to have to wait for Android 2.4 to truely see the benifits of a dual core device.
ska.t73 is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:46 AM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rushmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 7,738
 
Device(s): S4, iPad Air, Note 2014 10.1, Dell V11 5130, Nvidia Shield. Yes- too many devices.
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,372 Times in 961 Posts
Default

I know that from an absolute standpoint, CPU heavy apps like N64 and PSX4Droid are half the speed for most games on the TB, compared to my gTablet, which is fast and smooth.

Atrix seems as fast as the Droid, but Blur is evil (IMO). Ditto for more demanding Flash sites.

Factor in the gTablet is pushing more pixels, it makes it even more impressive.
rushmore is offline  
Last edited by rushmore; April 12th, 2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #36 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Anyone remember how shitty XP 64 bit ran when nothing supported it? I back Wargasm on this one because hes right. OP, if you have the money to go buy one every week and dont make threads that are essentially you complaining you didnt get the exact thing you wanted. Wargasm was also right when he said you didnt understand technology.
__________________
Taking a forums break. If youve got my Gtalk, feel free to use it.
GO SHARKS AND PHINS!! FRACK THE REST!
McLabia is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
alamoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 292
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE (Rooted, running Stock)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 65
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Send a message via AIM to alamoe Send a message via Yahoo to alamoe
Default

Don't let the carriers and OEM's suck you into the spec wars. They want you to think dual-core is better, the same way they want you to think more megapixels means a better camera. In real world daily usage there really isn't much difference. Really by the time there's a real NEED for dual-core the attic/bionic/pyramid will be old. I'd rather have the last generation of one type of tech than the first generation of a new tech; less bugs + more development.
__________________
Galaxy Nexus LTE
alamoe is offline  
Last edited by alamoe; April 12th, 2011 at 12:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to alamoe For This Useful Post:
ska.t73 (April 12th, 2011)
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:17 AM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ska.t73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,659
 
Device(s): Verizon Galaxy Nexus, Droid (retired), Thunderbolt (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 387
Thanked 309 Times in 245 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamoe View Post
Don't let the carriers and OEM's suck you into the spec wars. They want you to think dual-core is better, the same way they want you to think more megapixels means a better camera. In real world daily usage there really isn't much difference.
^^^^This!!!

Something else to be aware of with all the specs out there. The most important one right now is RAM. My OG Droid was rooted and rom'd with CM7 (Gingerbread... yummmm). It was overclocked and running at 1Ghz, I loved the phone. However the problem that we all were having with the OG Droids was that the RAM was simply not good enough, GB is very agressive in killing tasks and with the RAM on the OG droid stuff just didn't work right. For instance CM7 had to actually make an option to keep SMS in memory because if you didn't and RAM got low (which it always did) you would not get text messages at all.

As long as you have plenty of RAM, and the TB has that, then you should be fine for a while.
ska.t73 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to ska.t73 For This Useful Post:
alamoe (April 12th, 2011)
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #39 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 16 Times in 5 Posts
Default

The Sensation has 1 GB of on-board phone storage?! yeah, they can keep their second core, I'd rather have the 8+32GB the TB comes with.
Wargazm is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #40 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
LadyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 85
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I would have to agree it is a little ridiculous with the amount of phones they come out with in a year. I JUST got my TB and now I wake up to find out a newer, hotter phone is on its way when I'm now locked into my TB? A bit disappointing, I would agree it makes me feel outdated. I know its business and the whole point is to keep pushing out newer, hotter phones but for a consumer like me it makes me angry that they are announcing this so quickly after the TB was released. If I and others had known we would have held out!
LadyX is offline  
sponsored links
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #41 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 16 Times in 5 Posts
Default

and then three months after the Sensation is released, another phone will drop that makes that one "obsolete."

If you really want to avoid that feeling of "I got ripped off" then what you need to do is buy phones that are already a year old.

I was holding out for the TB because I could lock in an unlimited 4G plan on Verizon with it. It's a fantastic phone, but better phones are always just around the corner. Always. the 4G plan made it an excellent time to just jump in and get it over with.
Wargazm is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Wargazm For This Useful Post:
McLabia (April 12th, 2011)
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyX View Post
I would have to agree it is a little ridiculous with the amount of phones they come out with in a year. I JUST got my TB and now I wake up to find out a newer, hotter phone is on its way when I'm now locked into my TB? A bit disappointing, I would agree it makes me feel outdated. I know its business and the whole point is to keep pushing out newer, hotter phones but for a consumer like me it makes me angry that they are announcing this so quickly after the TB was released. If I and others had known we would have held out!
With how fast technology advances, you could get a new phone, wait three weeks and something newer and better will be out. Its just the nature of advancement.
McLabia is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #43 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
WormDoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,199
 
Device(s): G2 & Nexus 7
Carrier: Trapped on Verizon

Thanks: 605
Thanked 1,288 Times in 672 Posts
tren8622@gmail.com
Default

I see what the OP is saying, I also see what everyone else is saying. The fact is if HTC released the Pyramid/Sensation on Verizon a month after the TB I'd be BS and feel very, very slighted. That's not the case though. For me until HTC releases a "better" device then the TB on Big Red then I don't care what they release in all honesty. I won't switch from a carrier I've been with for 10 years (who's also the king of the hill) because a "newer, better device" was released somewhere else. IMO, that's stupidity.

OP, if you have the money to "buy a new phone every week", why do you really care enough to make this thread? That's not a shot, it's a legitimate question
WormDoes is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to WormDoes For This Useful Post:
McLabia (April 12th, 2011)
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jreed2560's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,922
 
Device(s): (NONE) LG G2 HTC DNA Droid RAZR HTC Rezound HTC Thunderbolt Droid X Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 561
Thanked 451 Times in 305 Posts
jreed2560@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargazm View Post
The Sensation has 1 GB of on-board phone storage?! yeah, they can keep their second core, I'd rather have the 8+32GB the TB comes with.

Lol this^
jreed2560 is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:45 AM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jreed2560's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,922
 
Device(s): (NONE) LG G2 HTC DNA Droid RAZR HTC Rezound HTC Thunderbolt Droid X Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 561
Thanked 451 Times in 305 Posts
jreed2560@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WormDoes View Post
I see what the OP is saying, I also see what everyone else is saying. The fact is if HTC released the Pyramid/Sensation on Verizon a month after the TB I'd be BS and feel very, very slighted. That's not the case though. For me until HTC releases a "better" device then the TB on Big Red then I don't care what they release in all honesty. I won't switch from a carrier I've been with for 10 years (who's also the king of the hill) because a "newer, better device" was released somewhere else. IMO, that's stupidity.
This x 1000
jreed2560 is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLabia View Post
Anyone remember how shitty XP 64 bit ran when nothing supported it? I back Wargasm on this one because hes right. OP, if you have the money to go buy one every week and dont make threads that are essentially you complaining you didnt get the exact thing you wanted. Wargasm was also right when he said you didnt understand technology.

Essentially I have the right to say your comment has no bearing, and that you dont understand technology. Dont I? Am I saying u dont? No because I dont know you from a hole in a wall. Also don't say something I said in a jokingly fashion and take it out if context. However while it may be true, that's not the point here.

To be exact, I have the feeling a lot of newcomers are coming here with the assumption that putting people down, arguing, and going back and fourth is cool....like it is in other forums! Its really not! As u can see I went right back at Wargasm and said no harm done and its all good, anotherwords, let's keep it moving. Now u...A real voice of reason, has something great to add...no really nothing good to add. But you know what, It's all good with you too, no bearing, but all good.
sean76 is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:52 AM   #47 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
Essentially I have the right to say your comment has no bearing, and that you dont understand technology. Dont I? Am I saying u dont? No because I dont know you from a hole in a wall. Also don't say something I said in a jokingly fashion and take it out if context. However while it may be true, that's not the point here.

To be exact, I have the feeling a lot of newcomers are coming here with the assumption that putting people down, arguing, and going back and fourth is cool....like it is in other forums! Its really not! As u can see I went right back at Wargasm and said no harm done and its all good, anotherwords, let's keep it moving. Now u...A real voice of reason, has something great to add...no really nothing good to add. But you know what, It's all good with you too, no bearing, but all good.

Lol. that is all. haha.
McLabia is offline  
Old April 12th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #48 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
sean76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,459
 
Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 110
Thanked 792 Times in 537 Posts
Default

What I'm saying is this, and hopefully it puts some stuff to rest... Yes a lot of us chase technology, why not, its fun.

However, could HTC have givin us more 2011 type specs, yes they could have IMO. Could they have givin us some specs to make this VZW's flagship for about a year, Yes IMO they could have.....JUST LIKE SPRINT DID WITH THE EVO....I like what Sprint did, they waited a whole year to bring another flagship phone to the table....they really spun the mobile world upside down last year with the EVO, it was a game changer. And now a year later they're doing it with the EVO 3D. IMO that's the way to do it! That's all I'm saying. So yes we have the TB here, and while it is a great phone, I do think they could have pushed the envelope on the specs a little further. Like a better screen with better resolution, a better battery, a thiner device just like the one announced today, and yes a dual core so that it can last a whole year running with all these other dual core devices. So if some of you don't see my point, that fine. However, I applaud what Sprint did, they waited a whole year to really bring a better HTC device to the table. Good business IMO. Not even a whole month after the TB came to market, HTC goes out and announces what I consider to be real 2011 type phone specs, all in a beautiful package. Yes I think they could have gave us more...just my opinion.
sean76 is offline  
Last edited by sean76; April 12th, 2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old April 12th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ska.t73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,659
 
Device(s): Verizon Galaxy Nexus, Droid (retired), Thunderbolt (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 387
Thanked 309 Times in 245 Posts
Default

Guys can we please stop the back and forth? Sean76 has every right to his opinion, just like you do. I personally see both sides of this, I am content to use a phone that isn't the latest and gratest as long as it does what I need and does it well. The TB is that phone for ME, however others feel differently and that is their right.

This forum is for debate and discussion, you are not going to always agree with what people post here. However there is a way to disagree and be civil, and a way to disagree and be a douche. Please just be civil. Disagree with someone all you want, however don't attack the poster, attack the issue.

If you don't agree that the OPs opinion is correct, say so, however saying that the person "know's nothing about tech" is not proving any point at all and just leads to fighting and bad blood. We are all here because we want to discuss the phone.

Sean and I have had our disagreements, however we have always been civil about it with each other. We might not agree on everything, but at the end of the day we could go out buy each other a beer and probably have a good old time.

Again have your opinions, disagree all you want, but be civil about it.

ska.t73 is offline  
Last edited by ska.t73; April 12th, 2011 at 12:07 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ska.t73 For This Useful Post:
McLabia (April 12th, 2011), WormDoes (April 12th, 2011)
Old April 12th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #50 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska.t73 View Post
Guys can we please stop the back and forth? Sean76 has every right to his opinion, just like you do. I personally see both sides of this, I am content to use a phone that isn't the latest and gratest as long as it does what I need and does it well. The TB is that phone for ME, however others feel differently and that is their right.

This forum is for debate and discussion, you are not going to always agree with what people post here. However there is a way to disagree and be civil, and a way to disagree and be a douche. Please just be civil. Disagree with someone all you want, however don't attack the poster, attack the issue.

If you don't agree that the OPs opinion is correct, say so, however saying that the person "know's nothing about tech" is not proving any point at all and just leads to fighting and bad blood. We are all here because we want to discuss the phone.

Sean and I have had our disagreements, however we have always been civil about it with each other. We might not agree on everything, but at the end of the day we could go out buy each other a beer and probably have a good old time.

Again have your opinions, disagree all you want, but be civil about it.


Can I get some medicated California goodness instead of the beer? I dont drink, and Ill pack the first one. haha. Good point, my bad.
McLabia is offline  
Closed Thread

HTC Thunderbolt
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Thunderbolt is the first ever 4G phone on Verizon Wireless. The name is no surprise... you can expect the Thunderbolt to have lightning speeds as the carrier ushers in a new era of mobile power. While 4G speeds on a Verizon Android Phone ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Thunderbolt
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.