Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Thunderbolt

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 26th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: virginia
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Random TB restarts.

Have had this phone for about three months and about 3 weeks ago it randomly restarts especially when you are on a call. Please help.

Drew10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 26th, 2011, 02:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: King of Prussia PA 19406
Posts: 636
 
Device(s): LG G2 (T-Mobile)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 90
Thanked 62 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
Have had this phone for about three months and about 3 weeks ago it randomly restarts especially when you are on a call. Please help.

Hey Drew - Welcome to the forum. Random reboots see to be a somewhat occurance since around Mid May - when there was an OTA Update. Sounds like there's another OTA (hopefully within the next week) that addresses this, and other concerns.
DILands is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DILands For This Useful Post:
Drew10 (June 26th, 2011)
Old June 26th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: virginia
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILands View Post
Hey Drew - Welcome to the forum. Random reboots see to be a somewhat occurance since around Mid May - when there was an OTA Update. Sounds like there's another OTA (hopefully within the next week) that addresses this, and other concerns.
Thanks and I will be looking out for that update
Drew10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: King of Prussia PA 19406
Posts: 636
 
Device(s): LG G2 (T-Mobile)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 90
Thanked 62 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
Thanks and I will be looking out for that update
You're not the only one!! :-) Trust me!
DILands is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 02:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 45
 
Device(s): Samsung DROID Charge
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I've had mine a week and it didnt do it much until Friday. On Friday it restarted about 9 times throughout the day.

I went to the store and the dude there said that they had a bulletin that addressed the issue and said that it should be out by the end of the June.
Nerve is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
jdk2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 221
 
Device(s): LG E980
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 9
Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Default

You probably should consider the possibility that whatever app you installed prior to the reboots is the culprit behind the reboots. My Verizon and LTE On/Off both caused mine to reboot incessantly. Removing them both solved the problem for me. Of course, YMMV...
jdk2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 11:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I've been fortunate, mine reboots, but hardly ever while it is in use. It usually reboots when I'm not using it (even still, not all that frequently).
bourne is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bourne For This Useful Post:
Funderbolt (June 27th, 2011)
Old June 27th, 2011, 06:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 45
 
Device(s): Samsung DROID Charge
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdk2 View Post
You probably should consider the possibility that whatever app you installed prior to the reboots is the culprit behind the reboots. My Verizon and LTE On/Off both caused mine to reboot incessantly. Removing them both solved the problem for me. Of course, YMMV...
I actually don't think I installed anything around that time. It restarted a lot Friday, but maybe once or twice Saturday and Sunday and then once so far this morning. It's really random, but I wish I could pinpont the issue.
Nerve is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 07:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
jdk2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 221
 
Device(s): LG E980
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 9
Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
I actually don't think I installed anything around that time. It restarted a lot Friday, but maybe once or twice Saturday and Sunday and then once so far this morning. It's really random, but I wish I could pinpont the issue.
Since no one knows what the issue is that causes the reboots, there is just a lot of speculation and guessing going on. Network switching, tower incompatibilities, rogue apps, and the OTA are all suspects but as to a specific cause, we'll likely never know. Hopefully, the next update will solve it once and for all.
jdk2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 08:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alpharetta, GA (ATL)
Posts: 590
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 95
Thanked 94 Times in 71 Posts
Default

My wife's bolt doesn't even restart - it just turns itself off. That really sucks when you try to call her and go straight to VM because her phone is in her purse and she doesn't know that it's turned itself off.
AustinTech is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 27th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 45
 
Device(s): Samsung DROID Charge
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTech View Post
My wife's bolt doesn't even restart - it just turns itself off. That really sucks when you try to call her and go straight to VM because her phone is in her purse and she doesn't know that it's turned itself off.
Yeah, my phone has done that a few times today. It has never happened prior to today. I am seriously starting to get annoyed with it and if there was another phone that I wanted I would gladly return it. Crappy way to start off new service.
Nerve is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 09:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I thought I was immune from the restart problem. A month ago I was in a different city and looked down and my TB was rebooting. First time ever. Been back in the same city three more times and it rebooted every time. Otherwise, it works perfectly. Weird.
woodworthjohnca is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Funderbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Va
Gender: Male
Posts: 180
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 (White)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 49
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
Yeah, my phone has done that a few times today. It has never happened prior to today. I am seriously starting to get annoyed with it and if there was another phone that I wanted I would gladly return it. Crappy way to start off new service.
I was originally looking at the Motorola Bionic, but they kept playing with the release date.....this fall I last heard, so I bought the TB.
Funderbolt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
aileendq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Female
Posts: 226
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funderbolt View Post
I was originally looking at the Motorola Bionic, but they kept playing with the release date.....this fall I last heard, so I bought the TB.
Per a VZW exec I was speaking to, the Bionic has been scrapped.
aileendq is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
jdk2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 221
 
Device(s): LG E980
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 9
Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileendq View Post
Per a VZW exec I was speaking to, the Bionic has been scrapped.
The first Bionic was scrapped but I wonder if it will turn up under a different name since it was reportedly redesigned.
jdk2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 12:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
aileendq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Female
Posts: 226
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdk2 View Post
The first Bionic was scrapped but I wonder if it will turn up under a different name since it was reportedly redesigned.
I hope so! I like Moto phones.
aileendq is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
robrecht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 284
 
Device(s): ThunderBolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 42 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdk2 View Post
The first Bionic was scrapped but I wonder if it will turn up under a different name since it was reportedly redesigned.
Actually, they've kept the Bionic name and given it to the Targa program phone, which was originally rumored to be coming to market around the end of this year. There's been a few rumors about it coming out on July 7th or the 28th but that doesn't seem possible. Some have said it's even gone through a 2nd revision.
robrecht is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC Thunderbolt
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Thunderbolt is the first ever 4G phone on Verizon Wireless. The name is no surprise... you can expect the Thunderbolt to have lightning speeds as the carrier ushers in a new era of mobile power. While 4G speeds on a Verizon Android Phone ... Read More

Tags
htc thunderbolt


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Thunderbolt
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.