Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Vivid

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 11th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 75
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default email no longer works

out of nowhere my email app had a crash message. After restarting the app I stopped receiving emails. So I decided to delete all my email accounts and start all over by re-installing them. Now when I go to add an account I get a message that says this email account already exists (even though it was deleted and is nowhere in the email app) and won't let me add it.

what do i do?

Advertisements
lakersfreak is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 11th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 75
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

no one can help me???? ;(
lakersfreak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
woodsytattooman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ohio
Posts: 384
 
Device(s): HTC One M8
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 64
Thanked 112 Times in 90 Posts
woodsytattooman
Default

Are you using the default mail app?Or the Gmail app?
Make sure you deleted your account under both apps and from your phones accounts and sync.
Menu/settings/accounts and sync/select mail and remove accounts.
Restart phone then try it again.
__________________
If I help solve your issue or help in any way please hit the Thanks Button
Htc One M8
woodsytattooman is offline  
Last edited by woodsytattooman; March 11th, 2012 at 09:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 75
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

my pop email was added easily....its my hotmail account. I never put it on the gmail app just default mail app....Let me try the sinc..
lakersfreak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 75
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So I reset my phone to factory settings in order for me to be able to add my hotmail. But now I'm encountering a new problem....i never delete email so I have like 3000 emails. O selected all on the phone for days of emails and now its backtracking all 3000 emails. Any way to have all emails from today and forward stayon phone?

Also noticing a download lag everytime i open the email app. For example if I got an email at 8 am and I opened it at 8 am, and i got ajother email at 11 am. When I open to look at the 11 am email the 8 am is not there for a few seconds then appears. seems like its downloading it twice nd that will kill my data plan. Any ideas?
lakersfreak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
woodsytattooman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ohio
Posts: 384
 
Device(s): HTC One M8
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 64
Thanked 112 Times in 90 Posts
woodsytattooman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersfreak View Post
So I reset my phone to factory settings in order for me to be able to add my hotmail. But now I'm encountering a new problem....i never delete email so I have like 3000 emails. O selected all on the phone for days of emails and now its backtracking all 3000 emails. Any way to have all emails from today and forward stayon phone?

Also noticing a download lag everytime i open the email app. For example if I got an email at 8 am and I opened it at 8 am, and i got ajother email at 11 am. When I open to look at the 11 am email the 8 am is not there for a few seconds then appears. seems like its downloading it twice nd that will kill my data plan. Any ideas?
3000 emails
Open a gmail account and have your Hotmail forwarded to your gmail.Im not sure whats causing this since i don't use Hotmail.But my guess its something to do with Hotmail.
I would make it a priority to delete my inbox once a week at least for less lagging issues and lock ups from trying to delete so many at once.
woodsytattooman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 75
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsytattooman View Post
3000 emails
Open a gmail account and have your Hotmail forwarded to your gmail.Im not sure whats causing this since i don't use Hotmail.But my guess its something to do with Hotmail.
I would make it a priority to delete my inbox once a week at least for less lagging issues and lock ups from trying to delete so many at once.
If I forward hotmail to gmail buy reply to a hotmail email through hmail will it use my hotmail account?
lakersfreak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
woodsytattooman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ohio
Posts: 384
 
Device(s): HTC One M8
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 64
Thanked 112 Times in 90 Posts
woodsytattooman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersfreak View Post
If I forward hotmail to gmail buy reply to a hotmail email through hmail will it use my hotmail account?
I haven't tried it but Gmail does have the options.Here are the settings under Gmail.
I removed my address from the screen it isnt blank for send mail as etc.
woodsytattooman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 75
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsytattooman View Post
I haven't tried it but Gmail does have the options.Here are the settings under Gmail.
I removed my address from the screen it isnt blank for send mail as etc.
Thanks for that! I did forward my hotmail to gmail and using the gmail app for my hotmail and gmail emails...however 2 annoying things about gmail, a)there's no way to "select all" and mark all read/delete, and b) when I reply to an email I received in hotmail my email address shows up as "@gmail by means of @hotmail", even though I have the "reply with default email" clicked on.

Can anyone help me with those two?
lakersfreak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
woodsytattooman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ohio
Posts: 384
 
Device(s): HTC One M8
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 64
Thanked 112 Times in 90 Posts
woodsytattooman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersfreak View Post
Thanks for that! I did forward my hotmail to gmail and using the gmail app for my hotmail and gmail emails...however 2 annoying things about gmail, a)there's no way to "select all" and mark all read/delete, and b) when I reply to an email I received in hotmail my email address shows up as "@gmail by means of @hotmail", even though I have the "reply with default email" clicked on.

Can anyone help me with those two?
Try using the default mail app.It does have the option to select all etc.Click on one email then hit menu,this will bring up your options.As far as it replying with your Gmail address.Try going to Gmail settings again,go back to "send mail as" and click on edit info.Then try adding your hotmail here>Maybe?
Specify a different "reply-to" address (optional)
woodsytattooman is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 13th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 75
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsytattooman View Post
Try using the default mail app.It does have the option to select all etc.Click on one email then hit menu,this will bring up your options.As far as it replying with your Gmail address.Try going to Gmail settings again,go back to "send mail as" and click on edit info.Then try adding your hotmail here>Maybe?
Specify a different "reply-to" address (optional)
I know the default app has the option to select all but the default app was giving me problems with my hotmail account (read above). I will try the send mail as option.
lakersfreak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
woodsytattooman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ohio
Posts: 384
 
Device(s): HTC One M8
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 64
Thanked 112 Times in 90 Posts
woodsytattooman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersfreak View Post
I know the default app has the option to select all but the default app was giving me problems with my hotmail account (read above). I will try the send mail as option.
Oh yes that's right sorry.Most of your problems with the htc mail was prob due to so many emails,Maybe if you empty your mail weekly it may not give you problems.May be worth a try if you want the mark all option
woodsytattooman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 75
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok i deleted my 3000 emails and moved hotmail and gmail over to the HTC mail app again and it seems to work ok except for the fact that it won't automatically download/fetch my emails. I have to open the app for it to "refresh" and get my email even though I have refresh set to every 15 minutes during peak hours
lakersfreak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
woodsytattooman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ohio
Posts: 384
 
Device(s): HTC One M8
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 64
Thanked 112 Times in 90 Posts
woodsytattooman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersfreak View Post
Ok i deleted my 3000 emails and moved hotmail and gmail over to the HTC mail app again and it seems to work ok except for the fact that it won't automatically download/fetch my emails. I have to open the app for it to "refresh" and get my email even though I have refresh set to every 15 minutes during peak hours
Not sure why it won't.When i used the default mail it always worked fine.Hopefully someone else can tell us.I will do some searching online to see if i can find anything.Im using the Gmail app at the moment and love it.
woodsytattooman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC Vivid
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Vivid is a 4G LTE smartphone for AT&T. It features a large 4.5-inch qHD display, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, and 8MP camera capable of 1080p video capture. The device has been released on other networks as the HTC Raider. A high-end s... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Vivid
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.