Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Vivid

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Caller ID Quality

I've tried almost most of the fixes posted around here but I can't seem to get a better quality of the Picture ID. It was a pretty good quality before and now the caller ID pictures are all pixelated even the pictures are high res. I love my Vivid but this issue bugs me. Anyone know how to fix it with the Vivid?

Advertisements
rolanddave94 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 1st, 2012, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: yay area
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

when I upgraded to ics it looks like the pic quality got better for caller id, but I wish I could make the picture full screen. I dont know why it has to be a small box.

there are some app in google market that can do that also.
lostsoul1 is offline  
Last edited by lostsoul1; April 1st, 2012 at 10:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 10:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul1 View Post
when I upgraded to ics it looks like the pic quality got better for caller id, but I wish I could make the picture full screen. I dont know why it has to be a small box.

there are some app in google market that can do that also.
Before this happened, I factory reseted because there was something that I didnt know how to fix but now after restoring everything back. The quality became bad...
rolanddave94 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
woodsytattooman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ohio
Posts: 384
 
Device(s): HTC One M8
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 64
Thanked 112 Times in 90 Posts
woodsytattooman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolanddave94 View Post
Before this happened, I factory reseted because there was something that I didnt know how to fix but now after restoring everything back. The quality became bad...
Select a contact to edit.Choose a picture from your gallery.Here it will give you the option to size the image.Make it as big as you can and see if that makes the quality look better.Make sure you hit save when finished editing the contact.
__________________
If I help solve your issue or help in any way please hit the Thanks Button
Htc One M8
woodsytattooman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsytattooman View Post
Select a contact to edit.Choose a picture from your gallery.Here it will give you the option to size the image.Make it as big as you can and see if that makes the quality look better.Make sure you hit save when finished editing the contact.
Nothing really happened. I can still see the pixels even in the Peoples widget. I can tell the difference. Before I save, it looks fine but when I click Save, it turns to a different quality.
rolanddave94 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 07:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Looks like im gonna have to factory reset again and back my contacts up without using an app.
rolanddave94 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 08:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Factory reseted and still did nothing. Still pixel contact ID....
rolanddave94 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
woodsytattooman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ohio
Posts: 384
 
Device(s): HTC One M8
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 64
Thanked 112 Times in 90 Posts
woodsytattooman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolanddave94 View Post
Factory reseted and still did nothing. Still pixel contact ID....
Image size needs to be a better resolution.
What size are the images your using for contacts?
When you select an image to use for a contact you must stretch the edit box big as it will go then hit save.
The images in the contact widget won't update the image until you use it to open each contact.Try to add images to your contacts before placing the contact widget on one of your screens.
woodsytattooman is offline  
Last edited by woodsytattooman; April 1st, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 11:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsytattooman View Post
Image size needs to be a better resolution.
What size are the images your using for contacts?
When you select an image to use for a contact you must stretch the edit box big as it will go then hit save.
The images in the contact widget won't update the image until you use it to open each contact.Try to add images to your contacts before placing the contact widget on one of your screens.
I don't really know the dimensions but most of my the pictures that I use are 5mp and 8mp. After my second factory reset, i set my contacts first including their picture ID before putting them in the widget.
rolanddave94 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC Vivid
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Vivid is a 4G LTE smartphone for AT&T. It features a large 4.5-inch qHD display, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, and 8MP camera capable of 1080p video capture. The device has been released on other networks as the HTC Raider. A high-end s... Read More

Tags
caller id, vivid


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Vivid
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.