April 12th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 175 Times in 68 Posts
HTC Vivid Screen Repair Guide
Replace the damaged part of your HTC Vivid by simply following this written repair guide. It will walk you through completely disassembling and swapping parts such as a cracked touch screen or damaged LCD screen. You can also safely and quickly replace any internal components on your smartphone.
This guide will help you to install the following HTC Vivid part(s):
- HTC Vivid Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement White
- HTC Vivid Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement Black
- HTC Vivid LCD Screen Replacement
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Replacements)
- Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer
HTC Vivid take apart/repair guide:
- First step is to remove the back cover, the battery, the sim and the memory card from your phone.
- With the use of a Small Phillips Screwdriver, take away the six (6) screws as shown in Figure 1.
- Next, remove the charging port connector cover then lightly pry up the connector. It is a simple pop connector.
- Cautiously pry the back housing from the rest of the phone with the use of safe pry opening tool. Start prying around to all the edges as shown in Figure 2.
- We can now remove the vibrator motor from the housing and cautiously disconnect it, as shown in orange on Figure 3.
- Remove the six (6) small Phillips screws on the motherboard, as shown in red on Figure 3.
- Release the battery tray by simply prying up.
- Now remove the two (2) silver small Phillips screws still holding the motherboard in place as shown in yellow.
- At the lower part of the motherboard there will be two (2) pop connector located on the bottom. Cautiously lift the board and release these cables
- Release the clips holding the upper part of the motherboard in place. Lightly fold the motherboard and motherboard flex over to the right.
- Then release the one "jaw" connector and remove the full motherboard assembly.
- Release the tape holding the touch screen flex cable in place. Lightly fold this away from the device
- Warm the screen with a hair dryer or hear gun on average heat for 45-60 seconds to soften the adhesive holding the touch screen in place.
- Cautiously run along the edges using safe pry tool to release the adhesive. Be cautious not to go too deep into the device.
- Reheat if necessary.
- Fully remove the screen assembly from the rest of the device.
- Remove the adhesive on the LCD screen.
- Warm the back of the screen assembly to soften the adhesive holding the LCD screen in place.
- The LCD screen can now be pry out at the device then you can now replace either screen.
Simply change the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.