Go Back   Android Forums > Manufacturers > HTC

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 8th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 58
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Default Bluetooth version

Basic question, what version of bluetooth are the new HTC phones shipping with? I know on older HTC phones, my Incredible included, HTC did not include an up to date bluetooth version, and as a result The phones will not connect to bluetooth game controllers (I am interested in the wiimote myself)
The reasoning I had always heard was it was in conflict with sense.

So my question is, my phone has 2.1 +EDR, are newer HTC phones shipping with decent bluetooth versions?

Advertisements
Poboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 8th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Beware The Milky Pirate!
 
El Presidente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 27,230
 
Device(s): Xperia Z1, Nexus 7 3G, HTC One X, SGS3 Mini
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 14,331
Thanked 16,332 Times in 8,739 Posts
Default

My Desire HD has 2.1 I think (although it doesn't tell you the version in CM7. My Wildfire S has 3.0.

Does that help?
__________________
Site Rules & Guidelines / Staff List / Ask the Staff
Want to bring naughty posts to our attention? Use:
Be respectful to each other - That's what we're all about.
El Presidente is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to El Presidente For This Useful Post:
Poboy (November 8th, 2011)
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 58
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
My Desire HD has 2.1 I think (although it doesn't tell you the version in CM7. My Wildfire S has 3.0.

Does that help?
Yes it does, phonearena confirmed your statement. That is great news so far, looks like the newer version of sense, or at least the newer phones has this issue fixed. Thanks
Poboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Beware The Milky Pirate!
 
El Presidente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 27,230
 
Device(s): Xperia Z1, Nexus 7 3G, HTC One X, SGS3 Mini
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 14,331
Thanked 16,332 Times in 8,739 Posts
Default

Forgive my ignorance in the matter (bluetooth is one of those functions I rarely use), but I presume this is a software thing and not hardware?

I know they are in the process of rolling out Sense 3.0/3.5 to certain handsets (Desire S is getting a OTA at the moment and it's rumoured the Desire HD is getting an update too) so it might resolve the issue. Would a cutom ROM help?
El Presidente is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 58
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
Forgive my ignorance in the matter (bluetooth is one of those functions I rarely use), but I presume this is a software thing and not hardware?

I know they are in the process of rolling out Sense 3.0/3.5 to certain handsets (Desire S is getting a OTA at the moment and it's rumoured the Desire HD is getting an update too) so it might resolve the issue. Would a cutom ROM help?
I know for a fact that rooting and using a custom rom will get the newest version of Bluetooth, it is software related. However, I do not wish to root my phone at this time so I was just hoping that when i upgrade phones the new ones will be more up to date, although I might switch to samsung anyway.
Poboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Poboy For This Useful Post:
El Presidente (November 9th, 2011)
Old November 9th, 2011, 01:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,568
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 477
Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poboy View Post
Basic question, what version of bluetooth are the new HTC phones shipping with? I know on older HTC phones, my Incredible included, HTC did not include an up to date bluetooth version, and as a result The phones will not connect to bluetooth game controllers (I am interested in the wiimote myself)
The reasoning I had always heard was it was in conflict with sense.

So my question is, my phone has 2.1 +EDR, are newer HTC phones shipping with decent bluetooth versions?
the reason Bluetooth controllers don't work is because of htc sense, doesn't matter what version of Bluetooth is running.
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 58
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrawkcab25 View Post
the reason Bluetooth controllers don't work is because of htc sense, doesn't matter what version of Bluetooth is running.
Interesting to know, I had thought sense limited the bluetooth version, not the connectivity.

Guess I will be going with a samsung phone next.
Poboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Manufacturers > HTC
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.