Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Ascend 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 26th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Smile Ascend 2

Hey guys I'm new here, just thought I would share my thoughts on the new ascend 2 I love this phone its a little on the slow side but huawei did a great job on this one! My one big complaint is the speaker is terrible, it crackles. I went from the optimus c to this one and I wouldn't go back!

The Following User Says Thank You to Nate12 For This Useful Post:
Gmash (July 27th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old July 27th, 2011, 06:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanked 1,442 Times in 1,101 Posts

Thanks for the input and welcome to the forums! If the speaker already crackles I would take it back and exchange it. No reason to settle for problems with a brand new phone! Demand satisfaction!! Lol. I was at my local Cricket store yesterday and they were sold out of the A2. I'm sure this forum will grow as more people start getting this phone. Glad to hear you are liking yours!
Old July 27th, 2011, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): ascend 2

i have the same phone but i dont like it to much my last phone was crap. but this is my first android. i dont know what it is please help me love this phone.

oh yeah any good games to play? how do we watch netflix?
Old July 28th, 2011, 08:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

does this come with Adobe Flash?

the GF got the optimus C and was shocked it didnt support flash even on 2.2.

so she wants this A2 but when she asked about it at the store the dumb bunny couldnt think past the camera "flash"

Old July 29th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonPricePhoto View Post

so she wants this A2 but when she asked about it at the store the dumb bunny couldnt think past the camera "flash"
I don't think it will support the official Flash player due to the 600Mhz processor, but the XDA unofficial version for 600Mhz devices should work since the A2 has a GPU. It will also work on the Optimus, however, so thats not really a reason to change phones unless she just really wants the A2.
Old July 30th, 2011, 03:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): acsend

man, theres that 600 again? are we sure ? sells lady told me it was runnin 800. I just got my og ascend stolen I dont know if it really matters that much but I figured 800 is better than 600 otherwise I might have just got the thefirst ascend again and not had to wait for all the work arounds< ya know? I hate lyin sales peeps
Old July 30th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Its running at 600 I tested it. And no flash but its stil a great phone. Gingerbread makes up for it
Old July 31st, 2011, 08:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Huawei Ascend 2

i Just got the Ascend 2 nd its awesome its runs soo smooth
Old August 2nd, 2011, 03:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): Motorola Droid X2 (Page Plus) Eclipse 2.3 :: HTC Droid Incredible (Retired)
Carrier: Page Plus

I never remember to login

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonPricePhoto View Post

This has got to be the most common question asked about these phones. The version of the Android OS has nothing to do with whether it can run Flash or not, it's strictly a matter of hardware support. The Optimus and the A2 are both built on the MSM7627 chipset, an ARM6 processor, and Flash is only supported on ARM7 and above, with the exception of the hack described above.
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate12 View Post
My one big complaint is the speaker is terrible, it crackles.
I love this phone also, I just upgraded from the Ascend. My only complaint also are the speakers crackling. only when I have it at full volume. It doesn't bother me too much because I use head phones majority of the time. Besides that, I love it
sponsored links
Old September 5th, 2011, 01:21 AM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s): Ascend 2 Rooted.

Same here ^^ Speaker crackles a bit when put at the loudest setting. I overall love this phone though so I'm not complaining.
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hmmm I just got my upgrade from the ascend to ascend 2 on friday very nice I havent had the crackling issue but the volume is dull on the phone you have to turn it up to hear notifications, alarms etc but otherwise a great phone smooth much faster I love the screens etc.. I'm curious all the reviews I read said it was running a 800 mhz processor also instead of the 600 previously.. Im not a big computer guru all I know the phone is nice compared to the old one considering the volume issues.. But whats funny the old one I couldnt hear the media well now the music plays great on this one but everything else is dull... You cant get it all
Old September 21st, 2011, 08:05 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydroidLP View Post
Hmmm I just got my upgrade from the ascend to ascend 2 on friday very nice I havent had the crackling issue but the volume is dull on the phone you have to turn it up to hear notifications, alarms etc but otherwise a great phone smooth much faster I love the screens etc.. I'm curious all the reviews I read said it was running a 800 mhz processor also instead of the 600 previously.. Im not a big computer guru all I know the phone is nice compared to the old one considering the volume issues.. But whats funny the old one I couldnt hear the media well now the music plays great on this one but everything else is dull... You cant get it all
Hi! Welcome to the forums! Thanks for the input. It's actually clocked at 600mhz, but there are a couple of ROM s available with overclocking. Check the "all things root" section for more info.

Huawei Ascend 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Huawei Ascend II is a mid-range follow-up to the original and it's headed for regional United States carrier this January. Other than the fact that it sports a 3.5 inch display, Android 2.3 and a 5 megapixel camera this is not a huge depart... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Ascend 2