Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Ascend 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Exclamation Huawei ascend won't receive mms

So the other day my friend tried sending me a picture, I never seemed to get even a message? Can someone tell me why my phone can't receive mms and how to fix it? im running on cricket btw

sponsored links
Old August 30th, 2011, 11:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) CM7.2 09132011 build

calebb1982

Need more info..

Are you running a custom rom? Have you installed a 3rd party messaging app? Were you ever able to receive mms on this phone?
Old September 30th, 2011, 11:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

I am having the same problem and I have never recieved a picture on this phone, well except when I went into the cricket store the guy sent me one and then I never got one again. Any help would be appriciated. I am not running any 3rd party app and I have not changed the rom since I got the phone
Last edited by homer89005; October 1st, 2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old October 1st, 2011, 04:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): zio m6000 1.6

I have been having the same issue. From time to time I wont receive texts,ill shut the phone off and turn it back on and then any of the texts I didn't receive will come through. I am using the regular message service as well with no custom rom and also have cricket service.
Old October 4th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

Just got my Cricket HA2 as well - I seem to get some text messages, but no MMS or media attached messages at all. Guess this will be another call to the support number. Will let you know what they tell me to do. So far all their assistance has worked as I run into problems.
Old October 4th, 2011, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Ok, called tech support and here are all the steps we walked through - didn't help. But this is what they told me to do.

While phone is powered on, remove battery leave out for 1 min, replace battery, power on phone - have a test picture message sent to your phone.

If that doesn't work then go to applications >setting> Wireless> remove check to turn off.

Power phone off, after 30 secs, power phone on and have a test picture message sent to your phone.

If that doesn't work, then dial *228
select call
re-activate your phone.

Then dial ##626*
You will see a subsidy code request
Key in 333333
A screen with your phone's min mdm numb cdma numbers come up - check them against the numbers on your phone (they were on the box)
press done
power off phone - 30 secs
power phone on

Have a test picture message sent to your phone.

If that doesn't work, then go to Applications settings > wireless>mobile networks>system select> select home only

Remove battery from phone while phone is powered on - after 1 minute return battery, power on.

Have a test picture text sent to your phone.
If this doesn't help then submit a trouble ticket...................HYSTERICAL laughter inserted here.

None of this helped my phone - and now my contacts will not sync up with my google account contact list changes.............sigh

The tech person put in a trouble ticket on my data services on my phone.
They say I will hear from them within 24 hours.
We'll see
The Following User Says Thank You to Gennymac For This Useful Post:
fihab (November 17th, 2011)
Old October 6th, 2011, 02:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

As promised, here is the update - as reported above, had the same problem with not getting MMS, called Tech Support for the Cricket Service I am running - and put in a trouble ticket. Waited for them to review and call back - never happened. So I called today - after an nour and a half of run around, finding out the trouble ticket was never even looked at....yadda yadda yadda yadda.........I've deactivated the account, and am returning the phone. This phone just has tooooooo many problems, both in actual use, and reported in editorial reviews and forum discussions. We were only testing the phone/service plan to see if we could save money on our cell bills (currently with Verizon) and while the service plan was an unlimited everything, the customer service level and the problems with the actual device just aren't worth the hassle.

Our experience...............hope you guys have much much better luck.
Old October 8th, 2011, 12:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

I have a service ticket into them too. Does anyone have the direct line number for the service center? I have been dealing with the people at the cricket store and they have always called, I would like to call them directly myself.

Huawei Ascend 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Huawei Ascend II is a mid-range follow-up to the original and it's headed for regional United States carrier this January. Other than the fact that it sports a 3.5 inch display, Android 2.3 and a 5 megapixel camera this is not a huge depart... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Ascend 2