February 26th, 2014, 04:55 AM
Join Date: Feb 2014
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi to all, well this problem has bother me for some days aswell,
purchised myself a huawei y220 Mobile phone and i could only make and receive calls and sms's, so the way i fixed internet on the phone so apps and net could work was to:
before i continue, im from south africa and my carrier is CELLC
So manually fill in your carriers wap settings, just replace your carriers wap settings with where i highlighted in red.
1. On the device, press the Menu key.
2. Select Settings > Wireless controls > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
3.Press the Menu key and select New APN.
4. Select Name, enter CELLC and press OK.
5. Select APN, enter internet and press OK.
6. Select Proxy, enter 184.108.40.206 and press OK.
7. Select Port, enter 8080 and press OK.
8. Enter the user name and password listed below. If no value is listed, leave the field blank.
9. Select APN type, select default and press OK.
10. Press the Menu key and select Save.
11. Press the radio button next to CellC to set the profile as default.
thats it, you will see the 3g icon appear next to your signal bar at the top, internet should now work on your device.
in closing you need to do this for each new different carrier sim you insert into your phone, and set it up accordingly. so the settings will get saved.
if you go back to settings/about phone/status you should now see that your "Mobile Network State" shows connected,
hope this helps someone who come accross this problem in future..