Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Ascend

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 15th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default Screen Settings

Am I blind? Or is there a option I am not seeing to make the screen turn on when I receive a email or text?

Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 15th, 2011, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,855
 
Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX/G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | SAMSUNG GEAR FIT | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanks: 3,879
Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,145 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
Am I blind? Or is there a option I am not seeing to make the screen turn on when I receive a email or text?

Check your email &/or gmail app.Press menu,settings.It gives a notification bar option, thats all I could find.
KOLIO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
Check your email &/or gmail app.Press menu,settings.It gives a notification bar option, thats all I could find.
I get the notification just fine, but the phone doesn't light up along with it. Most phone screens light up when you get a text
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
joser116
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

I dont think theres an option for that.
 
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joser116 View Post
I dont think theres an option for that.
Damn, that is odd
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 05:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,855
 
Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX/G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | SAMSUNG GEAR FIT | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanks: 3,879
Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,145 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
I get the notification just fine, but the phone doesn't light up along with it. Most phone screens light up when you get a text

With an audible notification as well,as an incoming text does.l think I saw an app in the market for what you're wanting ,might wanna check it out.
KOLIO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
With an audible notification as well,as an incoming text does.l think I saw an app in the market for what you're wanting ,might wanna check it out.
Do you know what it is called?
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,855
 
Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX/G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | SAMSUNG GEAR FIT | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanks: 3,879
Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,145 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
Do you know what it is called?
Sorry,can't help you there.It just sounded like something I came across while app browsing
recently.Gonna look around,be back later.
KOLIO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 05:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
Sorry,can't help you there.It just sounded like something I came across while app browsing
recently.Gonna look around,be back later.
Cool, Thanks
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,855
 
Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX/G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | SAMSUNG GEAR FIT | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanks: 3,879
Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,145 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
Cool, Thanks
Check out"E-MAIL NOTIFIER"(free),in the the market.Not sure if it has what you want,but at
the price,it's worth checking out.
KOLIO is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 15th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
Check out"E-MAIL NOTIFIER"(free),in the the market.Not sure if it has what you want,but at
the price,it's worth checking out.
That will only light up the screen only with incoming emails, I really need one for texts. I found Text Notifier, but from the reviews, not worth the download. Maybe this will be fixed in 2.2
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,855
 
Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX/G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | SAMSUNG GEAR FIT | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanks: 3,879
Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,145 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
That will only light up the screen only with incoming emails, I really need one for texts. I found Text Notifier, but from the reviews, not worth the download. Maybe this will be fixed in 2.2
Gonna look some more.On a similar subject,when I attempt to activate call waiting,I get a code is empty message,notify you carrier(Cricket).I've had this promlem before rooting,did'nt notice it 'til recently,just assumed it worked out of the box,since it is a listed feature with the$55/mo. Plan. Any similar problems with your call waiting?
By the way, all forwarding does the same thing.Not a huge issue,being that I seldom use either function,but I would expect each of these to work out of the box.More likely than not, it's probably a Cricket issue,since yours works.Other than billing issues,I don't have the patience to deal with Cricket's wonderful 1-800 customer service department.
KOLIO is offline  
Last edited by KOLIO; January 15th, 2011 at 08:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
Gonna look some more.On a similar subject,when I attempt to activate call waiting,I get a code is empty message,notify you carrier(Cricket).I've had this promlem before rooting,did'nt notice it 'til recently,just assumed it worked out of the box,since it is a listed feature with the$55/mo. Plan. Any similar problems with your call waiting?
no my call waiting is fine
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muilisx For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (January 15th, 2011)
Old January 15th, 2011, 11:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,855
 
Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX/G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | SAMSUNG GEAR FIT | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanks: 3,879
Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,145 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
I get the notification just fine, but the phone doesn't light up along with it. Most phone screens light up when you get a text

Back once again.Might want to check out 1)MIXED MESSAGE FLASHER,2)G-MAIL TOAST, &/OR 3&4) E-MAIL/G-MAIL NOTIFIER.All are free.
KOLIO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 03:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Default

if you use chompsms it has an option for that... download from market
vsofiy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 03:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsofiy View Post
if you use chompsms it has an option for that... download from market
I actually like my stock sms, Huawei failed by not adding that feature
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 10:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
joser116
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
I actually like my stock sms, Huawei failed by not adding that feature

Im not sure but Huawei had no option. Even if they wanted to, they couldnt. Google js behind this for not adding that feature to Android 2.1
 
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
I get the notification just fine, but the phone doesn't light up along with it. Most phone screens light up when you get a text
Mine always does, at the same time it is playing "Mr Postman". LOL
__________________
Please read The Huawei Ascend Guide to more easily navigate this Forum.
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Hmmmm. I haven't downloaded any email or sms programs. And yet when I get an email message OR a phone call my screen lights up and plays the song I have it set to play.

Sounds to me like something is wrong with your phone or that in removing certain stock apps you might have disabled the process.
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziette View Post
Hmmmm. I haven't downloaded any email or sms programs. And yet when I get an email message OR a phone call my screen lights up and plays the song I have it set to play.

Sounds to me like something is wrong with your phone or that in removing certain stock apps you might have disabled the process.
I only deleted bloatware

1 Boingo Wifi
2 MetroPCS Easy Wifi
3 Games
4 Online Banking
5 Loopt
6 Mocospace
7 Documents to Go
8 Virtual card
9 Uno

None of those would cause that issue.
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joser116 View Post
Im not sure but Huawei had no option. Even if they wanted to, they couldnt. Google js behind this for not adding that feature to Android 2.1
Seems Joser has the same issue.
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
I only deleted bloatware

1 Boingo Wifi
2 MetroPCS Easy Wifi
3 Games
4 Online Banking
5 Loopt
6 Mocospace
7 Documents to Go
8 Virtual card
9 Uno

None of those would cause that issue.
Did it ever light up for you, NY? Like as in 'before you rooted'?
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
Seems Joser has the same issue.
I know I have changed the notification settings but I'm not sure now what I did. I have different ringtones for everthing just about.

So maybe when these ringtones come on it causes the screen to light up.

Last night when I was transferring files to my laptop from my phone the screen lit up and played a tune and made a beautiful musical alert sound I hadn't heard before.
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziette View Post
Did it ever light up for you, NY? Like as in 'before you rooted'?
No, even my 1st Ascend didn't either. Are you SURE yours light up when you get a text?
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
No, even my 1st Ascend didn't either. Are you SURE yours light up when you get a text?
Can you try adding ringtones as a notification of some contacts and then ask them to call you or call yourself from your land line and see if it lights up?
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
No, even my 1st Ascend didn't either. Are you SURE yours light up when you get a text?
I am 100 percent positive!

It lights up and the notification icon appears in the notification bar and it plays 'Mr Postman'.
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziette View Post
I am 100 percent positive!
Well, at least I am not alone.
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
Well, at least I am not alone.
Yeah but you should be able to get it to light up. I just called myself from the land line just to make sure. It lights up and plays a guitar solo, as I programmed it to do.

I had my b/f text me. It lit up and played 'Mr. Postman' .

I don't know what to tell you. I'm going to look at all my settings to see what I did.
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Just left a message for Huawei
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziette View Post
Yeah but you should be able to get it to light up. I just called myself from the land line just to make sure. It lights up and plays a guitar solo, as I programmed it to do.

I had my b/f text me. It lit up and played 'Mr. Postman' .

I don't know what to tell you. I'm going to look at all my settings to see what I did.
It lights up fine when I get a phone call, just won't light up when I get a text or email, trust me, I checked the settings inside and out for it, and found nothing.
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Just double checked, and still nothing
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
It lights up fine when I get a phone call, just won't light up when I get a text or email, trust me, I checked the settings inside and out for it, and found nothing.
Hmmmm.....well I do trust you! LOL

Glad you contacted Huawei. Did you ask them when they are gonna 'push the button' for the Froyo while you were at it?
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 02:04 PM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziette View Post
Hmmmm.....well I do trust you! LOL

Glad you contacted Huawei. Did you ask them when they are gonna 'push the button' for the Froyo while you were at it?
I did not mention 2.2 because that will probably dramatically increase my chances of them NOT calling me back, so I only mentioned the screen. Once I get them on the phone, thennnnnnnnn I might ask :P
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
I did not mention 2.2 because that will probably dramatically increase my chances of them NOT calling me back, so I only mentioned the screen. Once I get them on the phone, thennnnnnnnn I might ask :P
Good plan! LOL
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Downloaded and Installed an app called SMS Popup by Adam K.

Problem solved for now, hopefully 2.2 makes it by default. This only works for SMS.
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 02:33 PM   #36 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
Downloaded and Installed an app called SMS Popup by Adam K.

Problem solved for now, hopefully 2.2 makes it by default. This only works for SMS.
But... weird...now I don't get email notifications........ ughhhh

edit: wait, yes I do
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

i gtg bbl
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 01:49 AM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
Downloaded and Installed an app called SMS Popup by Adam K.

Problem solved for now, hopefully 2.2 makes it by default. This only works for SMS.
Downloaded GO SMS.....it lights up the screen

WOOOHOOO

I got rid of SMS popup

edit: wow this app has tons of setting tweaks...i love it!
Muilisx is online now  
Last edited by Muilisx; January 17th, 2011 at 01:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #39 (permalink)
joser116
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
Downloaded GO SMS.....it lights up the screen

WOOOHOOO

I got rid of SMS popup

edit: wow this app has tons of setting tweaks...i love it!
I have been using GoSMS since the longest. Should have recommend it to you earlier. Glad your problem is solved
 
Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #40 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joser116 View Post
I have been using GoSMS since the longest. Should have recommend it to you earlier. Glad your problem is solved
Do you like it better than Handsent SMS? Or have you tried it?
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #41 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joser116 View Post
I have been using GoSMS since the longest. Should have recommend it to you earlier. Glad your problem is solved
I just wish there was a option for the screen to stay lit up for longer than 2 seconds.
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:19 AM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
I just wish there was a option for the screen to stay lit up for longer than 2 seconds.
NY...mine stays lit up for several seconds. Long time actually. It stays on for almost the entire song of Mr. Postman. LOL

It didn't used to stay on that long until I began using Handsent.
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #43 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziette View Post
NY...mine stays lit up for several seconds. Long time actually. It stays on for almost the entire song of Mr. Postman. LOL

It didn't used to stay on that long until I began using Handsent.
Ahh, I bet if I changed the message tone to something longer than a beep, the screen may stay on longer.
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:43 AM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
Ahh, I bet if I changed the message tone to something longer than a beep, the screen may stay on longer.
I was gonna suggest that, actually! GMTA!
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:46 AM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziette View Post
I was gonna suggest that, actually! GMTA!
:P
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 01:27 PM   #46 (permalink)
joser116
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziette View Post
Do you like it better than Handsent SMS? Or have you tried it?
I do like it better than Handcent SMS. Go SMS has better looks and is a lot faster, and it is clean, and best of all, doesn't slow down my phone.
 
Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #47 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joser116 View Post
I do like it better than Handcent SMS. Go SMS has better looks and is a lot faster, and it is clean, and best of all, doesn't slow down my phone.
I'll have to give it a GO (no pun intended lol) !!!
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #48 (permalink)
joser116
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziette View Post
I'll have to give it a GO (no pun intended lol) !!!
Hehehe
 
Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Muilisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 61
Thanked 175 Times in 145 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joser116 View Post
I do like it better than Handcent SMS. Go SMS has better looks and is a lot faster, and it is clean, and best of all, doesn't slow down my phone.
Exactly
Muilisx is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY11725 View Post
Exactly
Well, even though I haven't tried it (GO SMS) ... in defense of Handsent, it is awesome! I love it SOOO much!

And it doesn't slow down my phone at all.

LOL
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Huawei Ascend
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Huawei Ascend is MetroPCS and Cricket's extremely affordable Android handset, coming in at $150 off-contract. For that kind of money, don't expect much in terms of bang for buck. You'll get a 3.5 inch HVGA display, a 3.2 megapixel c... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Ascend
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.