Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Ascend

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 11th, 2011, 01:45 AM   #2151 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default auto-rotate doesn't

I just got a used Ascend and I find the auto-rotate only works intermittantly. Is this due to broken hardware? The software is still version 2.1.

Is there anyone software which will perform a full phone test?

CLamb is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 11th, 2011, 02:02 AM   #2152 (permalink)
Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palm Bay, Florida
Posts: 5,504
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend-PlayfulGod's CM7.2 0912 @729 LG Esteem(stock) LG Esteem- running #2
Carrier: Metro

Thanks: 944
Thanked 2,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default

auto-rotate lags on 2.1 and 2.2
ShinySide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 11:05 AM   #2153 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I don't think this is a case of lagging. At the moment the behavior while the keyboard is displayed is that when the phone is rotated to upright it switches after a few seconds, when it is rotated to the right side it doesn't switch even after waiting a minute, when it is rotated to the left side it switches after a few seconds, and when it is rotated upside down it doesn't switch even after waiting a minute.
CLamb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #2154 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nuttmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 7,330
 
Device(s): (SGS3)(Evo 3D)(LG Esteem)(Kindle Fire CM10)(Note 2)(LG L9)(LG F3)(Galaxy Note 3)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,800
Thanked 2,534 Times in 1,730 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to nuttmeg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamb View Post
i don't think this is a case of lagging. At the moment the behavior while the keyboard is displayed is that when the phone is rotated to upright it switches after a few seconds, when it is rotated to the right side it doesn't switch even after waiting a minute, when it is rotated to the left side it switches after a few seconds, and when it is rotated upside down it doesn't switch even after waiting a minute.

huh?
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Join our Android Facebook Page Droidz DNA
Sign up for @copyapp with this link, and we'll both get 5 GB of free cloud storage in addition to the usual 15 GB: https://copy.com?r=bMXFAm
nuttmeg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #2155 (permalink)
Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palm Bay, Florida
Posts: 5,504
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend-PlayfulGod's CM7.2 0912 @729 LG Esteem(stock) LG Esteem- running #2
Carrier: Metro

Thanks: 944
Thanked 2,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default

2.1 only rotates one way. Same with 2.2
ShinySide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #2156 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 168
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 33
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Happy Couple questions about 2.2

So I upgraded my phone to 2.2 and everything went fine until I discovered all my contacts and apps were gone. Greattttt. I had the SD Card in the entire time, and I thought that was enough, I thought that meant everything was backed up and I didn't need to do anything extra but apparently not. It saved all my pictures though for some reason.

Did 2.2 fix that annoying tip thing in Swype? Because since yesterday I haven't seen it pop up anymore! If so, GREAT!

Also, why is the lowest volume now VIBRATE instead of silent?! Is there no silent now? That sucks!

Also no, my phone is not rooted or anything.
Xaviera2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 01:40 PM   #2157 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kevinrubio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,029
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend M860 Running CM7.1 RC1 BobZhome 07082011
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 283
Thanked 111 Times in 84 Posts
Send a message via MSN to kevinrubio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviera2010 View Post
So I upgraded my phone to 2.2 and everything went fine until I discovered all my contacts and apps were gone. Greattttt. I had the SD Card in the entire time, and I thought that was enough, I thought that meant everything was backed up and I didn't need to do anything extra but apparently not. It saved all my pictures though for some reason.

Did 2.2 fix that annoying tip thing in Swype? Because since yesterday I haven't seen it pop up anymore! If so, GREAT!

Also, why is the lowest volume now VIBRATE instead of silent?! Is there no silent now? That sucks!

Also no, my phone is not rooted or anything.
2.2 fix the tip for swype?
im running cm6 and i still have it
__________________
You can always PM me or E-mail me if you have a problem , Also say thanks to all the devolopers (Issacj87,PlayfulGod,Bobzhome,&nuttmeg) that made this even possible! + A good helper -> KOLIO
kevinrubio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 01:44 PM   #2158 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 168
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 33
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrubio View Post
2.2 fix the tip for swype?
im running cm6 and i still have it
Huh? That was my question. You know, when you're typing with Swype and the tip thing comes up a million times to tell you a word was replaced with another word.
Xaviera2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 01:47 PM   #2159 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kevinrubio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,029
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend M860 Running CM7.1 RC1 BobZhome 07082011
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 283
Thanked 111 Times in 84 Posts
Send a message via MSN to kevinrubio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviera2010 View Post
Huh? That was my question. You know, when you're typing with Swype and the tip thing comes up a million times to tell you a word was replaced with another word.
true and the icon on the keyboard
kevinrubio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #2160 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 168
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 33
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrubio View Post
true and the icon on the keyboard
Which icon?
Xaviera2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 11th, 2011, 01:59 PM   #2161 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kevinrubio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,029
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend M860 Running CM7.1 RC1 BobZhome 07082011
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 283
Thanked 111 Times in 84 Posts
Send a message via MSN to kevinrubio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviera2010 View Post
Which icon?
bottom left
kevinrubio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 02:04 PM   #2162 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 168
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 33
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrubio View Post
bottom left
The Swype icon? I've never had issues with it.
Xaviera2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 04:25 PM   #2163 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 168
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 33
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Voice to text is so cool!
Xaviera2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #2164 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Scur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,389
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Thanks: 351
Thanked 484 Times in 305 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Scur
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviera2010 View Post
So I upgraded my phone to 2.2 and everything went fine until I discovered all my contacts and apps were gone. Greattttt. I had the SD Card in the entire time, and I thought that was enough, I thought that meant everything was backed up and I didn't need to do anything extra but apparently not. It saved all my pictures though for some reason.

Did 2.2 fix that annoying tip thing in Swype? Because since yesterday I haven't seen it pop up anymore! If so, GREAT!

Also, why is the lowest volume now VIBRATE instead of silent?! Is there no silent now? That sucks!

Also no, my phone is not rooted or anything.
Make sure you sync contacts with your Google account from here on out. You'll always have them, even if you switch phones. You might even have them now if you go in and sync them. Never know.

As for apps, just go to the market on your computer, and look at your market history. Everything you've ever gotten should be there.

I've never ran 2.2, so I don't know about the silent. I'm betting that there are apps on the market that can find you a work around.
Scur is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scur For This Useful Post:
Xaviera2010 (September 11th, 2011)
Old September 11th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #2165 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 168
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 33
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scur View Post
Make sure you sync contacts with your Google account from here on out. You'll always have them, even if you switch phones. You might even have them now if you go in and sync them. Never know.

As for apps, just go to the market on your computer, and look at your market history. Everything you've ever gotten should be there.

I've never ran 2.2, so I don't know about the silent. I'm betting that there are apps on the market that can find you a work around.
I don't even use gmail so I don't want to sync my accounts. I only had like 15 contacts anyways, it's not much trouble, just wondering why it didn't backup on my SD card.

And you're right, I go to the Android Market on my computer and all my apps are there. Thanks!
Xaviera2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 05:04 PM   #2166 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 168
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 33
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Also is there anyway to change the status bar color? I badly want it to be black, or clear.
Xaviera2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 05:22 PM   #2167 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Scur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,389
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Thanks: 351
Thanked 484 Times in 305 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Scur
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviera2010 View Post
Also is there anyway to change the status bar color? I badly want it to be black, or clear.
I still suggest you sync your contacts. It doesn't matter if you use your Google email addy or not. It's a sure-fire way to never lose them again. I run Android 2.3 on my Ascend, so I can also sync my Facebook contacts, which puts their profile pictures into my contact list. Kinda cool there.

As for the status bar, that only changes if you change your theme. The occasional launcher will do it, but most won't. There are threads in here about themes, just use the search. Myself, I've never changed it outside of Theme Chooser which comes with CM7.
Scur is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 05:37 PM   #2168 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 168
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 33
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scur View Post
I still suggest you sync your contacts. It doesn't matter if you use your Google email addy or not. It's a sure-fire way to never lose them again. I run Android 2.3 on my Ascend, so I can also sync my Facebook contacts, which puts their profile pictures into my contact list. Kinda cool there.

As for the status bar, that only changes if you change your theme. The occasional launcher will do it, but most won't. There are threads in here about themes, just use the search. Myself, I've never changed it outside of Theme Chooser which comes with CM7.
How did you get 2.3 on your Ascend? o_O I don't want to sync contacts because I don't want these people on my phone, I don't talk to the majority, so it would be a bunch of deleting on my part.


I use Go Launcher EX and love it, but it doesn't change my status bar

Also, what is CM7?
Xaviera2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #2169 (permalink)
Member
 
Can0dope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 495
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) CM7.2 09132011 build
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 221
Thanked 109 Times in 90 Posts
calebb1982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviera2010 View Post
How did you get 2.3 on your Ascend? o_O I don't want to sync contacts because I don't want these people on my phone, I don't talk to the majority, so it would be a bunch of deleting on my part.


I use Go Launcher EX and love it, but it doesn't change my status bar

Also, what is CM7?

Cm7 is a custom 2.3 ROM. Check the All Things Root subforum. If I remember correctly you can change the notification bar color in Cyanogenmod settings. It's been a while though since I messed with that... it may have been ADW Settings.
__________________
The above post may contain sarcasm...
Can0dope is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 07:39 PM   #2170 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 168
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 33
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

How do I turn off the shutter sound for the camera? In 2.2 I can't find it.
Xaviera2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 11th, 2011, 09:05 PM   #2171 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,311
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,108
Thanked 1,437 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default

The Swype beta doesn't have the annoying "hidden word" popups anymore-yay! Also, you can save contacts to the sd card, but you have to do it manually. I think it's menu button> manage contacts or something like that.
__________________
"Machete don't text"
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #2172 (permalink)
Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palm Bay, Florida
Posts: 5,504
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend-PlayfulGod's CM7.2 0912 @729 LG Esteem(stock) LG Esteem- running #2
Carrier: Metro

Thanks: 944
Thanked 2,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviera2010 View Post
How do I turn off the shutter sound for the camera? In 2.2 I can't find it.
Root your phone and download root explorer and go to system>media>audio>ui and either delete camera_click.ogg or your can rename it to camera_click.ogg.bk. There is some apps on the market if you dont want to root. I dont know if any of them actually work tho.
ShinySide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 10:52 PM   #2173 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks ShinySide that's really good to know.
CLamb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #2174 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 168
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 33
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySide View Post
Root your phone and download root explorer and go to system>media>audio>ui and either delete camera_click.ogg or your can rename it to camera_click.ogg.bk. There is some apps on the market if you dont want to root. I dont know if any of them actually work tho.
I have to root my phone just to turn off the shutter sound? Before I upgraded to 2.2 I was able to just turn it off in settings. This is BS.
Xaviera2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:08 AM   #2175 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: parts unknown
Gender: Female
Posts: 165
 
Device(s): htc evo design 4g
Carrier: boost mobile

Thanks: 29
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Smile sms text messaging

I have an huawei ascend m860 and I upgraded to 2.2. Since I have done that, my text messaging is not working properly. I. Can send text, pictures but can't receive text messages. Is there something I can do?
swtnss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:46 AM   #2176 (permalink)
Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palm Bay, Florida
Posts: 5,504
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend-PlayfulGod's CM7.2 0912 @729 LG Esteem(stock) LG Esteem- running #2
Carrier: Metro

Thanks: 944
Thanked 2,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviera2010 View Post
I have to root my phone just to turn off the shutter sound? Before I upgraded to 2.2 I was able to just turn it off in settings. This is BS.
Seriously Google/Android made that shutter sound default to where you cant turn it off from 2.2 and 2.3 for, no joke, Anti-pervert reasons.
ShinySide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 04:15 PM   #2177 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
starxpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Garland
Posts: 537
 
Device(s): ZTE Avid N9120 4G, LG Motion 4G MS770, Huawei Ascend M860 (Defunct), Samsung SGH-T599N (Defunct)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 65
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to starxpilot Send a message via Skype™ to starxpilot
Default

Not working properly? Mind explaining what is working and what isn't?

Since you just upgraded, I'm assuming that maybe something went wrong during the installation, you may need to flash the stock Froyo again.
starxpilot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #2178 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,311
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,108
Thanked 1,437 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySide View Post
Seriously Google/Android made that shutter sound default to where you cant turn it off from 2.2 and 2.3 for, no joke, Anti-pervert reasons.
You seem to know just a little bit too much about this subject lol. j/k
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:29 PM   #2179 (permalink)
Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palm Bay, Florida
Posts: 5,504
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend-PlayfulGod's CM7.2 0912 @729 LG Esteem(stock) LG Esteem- running #2
Carrier: Metro

Thanks: 944
Thanked 2,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
You seem to know just a little bit too much about this subject lol. j/k
Why do you think I know how to turn it off? LOL
ShinySide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 01:13 AM   #2180 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nuttmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 7,330
 
Device(s): (SGS3)(Evo 3D)(LG Esteem)(Kindle Fire CM10)(Note 2)(LG L9)(LG F3)(Galaxy Note 3)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,800
Thanked 2,534 Times in 1,730 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to nuttmeg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
You seem to know just a little bit too much about this subject lol. j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySide View Post
Why do you think I know how to turn it off? LOL

lmao
nuttmeg is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 14th, 2011, 01:27 AM   #2181 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nuttmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 7,330
 
Device(s): (SGS3)(Evo 3D)(LG Esteem)(Kindle Fire CM10)(Note 2)(LG L9)(LG F3)(Galaxy Note 3)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,800
Thanked 2,534 Times in 1,730 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to nuttmeg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtnss View Post
I have an huawei ascend m860 and I upgraded to 2.2. Since I have done that, my text messaging is not working properly. I. Can send text, pictures but can't receive text messages. Is there something I can do?

if all fails, go tostore or call them and request for a data reset...
nuttmeg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #2182 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2.2 is Different ?

Hiya , I finally install 2.2 on my Huawei Ascend
and notice , its different , the 9 screens is gone ?
its 5 now ? and some stuffs from the org 2.1 ascend are gone ?
so i was wondering , am i missing some files ?
or install it wrong ?
I download the 2.2 from metro App from my phone
also , when i had teh 2.1 , I have all the app , like z root , tium bkup , etc
will it work with 2.2 as well ?
Thank you
starry1048 is offline  
Last edited by starry1048; September 16th, 2011 at 02:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #2183 (permalink)
Member
 
Can0dope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 495
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) CM7.2 09132011 build
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 221
Thanked 109 Times in 90 Posts
calebb1982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry1048 View Post
Hiya , I finally install 2.2 on my Huawei Ascend
and notice , its different , the 9 screens is gone ?
its 5 now ? and some stuffs from the org 2.1 ascend are gone ?

Yes. If you want more homescreens you can try different launchers. And of course, upgrading to 2.2 most likely erased all your user apps. Just go to the market on your computer and reinstall from there.
Can0dope is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #2184 (permalink)
Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palm Bay, Florida
Posts: 5,504
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend-PlayfulGod's CM7.2 0912 @729 LG Esteem(stock) LG Esteem- running #2
Carrier: Metro

Thanks: 944
Thanked 2,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry1048 View Post
Hiya , I finally install 2.2 on my Huawei Ascend
and notice , its different , the 9 screens is gone ?
its 5 now ? and some stuffs from the org 2.1 ascend are gone ?
so i was wondering , am i missing some files ?
or install it wrong ?
I download the 2.2 from metro App from my phone
also , when i had teh 2.1 , I have all the app , like z root , tium bkup , etc
will it work with 2.2 as well ?
Thank you

No that's how its suppose to be. And yes all that will work except z4root. Use gingerbreak to root
ShinySide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2011, 10:43 PM   #2185 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: parts unknown
Gender: Female
Posts: 165
 
Device(s): htc evo design 4g
Carrier: boost mobile

Thanks: 29
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starxpilot View Post
not working properly? Mind explaining what is working and what isn't?

Since you just upgraded, i'm assuming that maybe something went wrong during the installation, you may need to flash the stock froyo again.
i can send and recieve text messages but i cany send or receive mms pictures. I called metro and they did a data reset but it didnt work. Any other suggwations.
swtnss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2011, 11:30 PM   #2186 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySide View Post
No that's how its suppose to be. And yes all that will work except z4root. Use gingerbreak to root
thanks cuz i know some of my app dont work anymore

BTW , 2.2 I can use Flash ?
how do i put app in my sd card ?
cuz they are still downloading to my phone
starry1048 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2011, 04:16 AM   #2187 (permalink)
Member
 
Can0dope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 495
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) CM7.2 09132011 build
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 221
Thanked 109 Times in 90 Posts
calebb1982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry1048 View Post
thanks cuz i know some of my app dont work anymore

BTW , 2.2 I can use Flash ?
how do i put app in my sd card ?
cuz they are still downloading to my phone

No... flash will not work on the ascend... ever.

To move apps, go to settings,applications, manage applications, go to each app, and click move to sd. Some apps will not move, and Widgets will not work from sd.
Can0dope is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 01:05 AM   #2188 (permalink)
Member
 
ray1126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Posts: 103
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire Red
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 23
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
rmccauley37@gmail.com
Confused A2sd

what is it and is there any benefits to using it? I notice GOD with his 9132011 has included the GUI for a2sd by the way thank you GOD for fixing the lights.
back to me question is a2sd is that apps to the sd card or the android OS to sd card if I use it will it make things faster or slower because on broad mem is usually faster than flash mem. but if someone who has used a2sd can answer my long drawn out ??? I wound be grateful.
ray1126 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:32 AM   #2189 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Help Please !!

Hiya Every1 ,
when my Huawei was running on 2.1
I had everything , but its been awhile
I forgot what App to use
Mainly cuz there are alot of Junk App on 2.2
like My Extra Keep popping up ,
also My Wi-Fi keep turning off ,
which App do I use to uninstall all the Junk app ?
do i have to root the phone again ?
i know z4 root dont work anymore ,
which app is compatible to z4 root ?
Just wanted to deleted the start up screen ,
junk app like , M studio , Loopt , MyExtras , Virtual Card , Etc
Thank You
starry1048 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #2190 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Scur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,389
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Thanks: 351
Thanked 484 Times in 305 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Scur
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry1048 View Post
Hiya Every1 ,
when my Huawei was running on 2.1
I had everything , but its been awhile
I forgot what App to use
Mainly cuz there are alot of Junk App on 2.2
like My Extra Keep popping up ,
also My Wi-Fi keep turning off ,
which App do I use to uninstall all the Junk app ?
do i have to root the phone again ?
i know z4 root dont work anymore ,
which app is compatible to z4 root ?
Just wanted to deleted the start up screen ,
junk app like , M studio , Loopt , MyExtras , Virtual Card , Etc
Thank You
On 2.2 use Gingerbreak to root. Then use something like Titanium Backup to freeze or remove bloatware.
Scur is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 18th, 2011, 02:48 PM   #2191 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokenpoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,056
 
Device(s): sgsIII, pure stock samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 dualbooting stock and pacrom Lg F6 rooted SgS3 4.3 ro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 297
Thanked 1,104 Times in 600 Posts
Secondgenmonkey@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scur View Post
On 2.2 use Gingerbreak to root. Then use something like Titanium Backup to freeze or remove bloatware.

Actually the metropcs apps are locked away from titanium backup.

I explain how to get at them in my guide (link is in my signature)
__________________
looking for local miami music? in a miami band and want free promo and show tips, no strings attached? www.facebook.com/hahopromotions show updates, music news and free stuff!!! i help here for free, so i figured i can do this too!!! enjoy!
Tokenpoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #2192 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Scur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,389
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Thanks: 351
Thanked 484 Times in 305 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Scur
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokenpoke View Post
Actually the metropcs apps are locked away from titanium backup.

I explain how to get at them in my guide (link is in my signature)
lol Metro is weird about everything, it seems.
Scur is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 07:42 PM   #2193 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default is netflix working? on 2.2? stock.

Is the market version of Netflix working on the ascend running 2.2? It runs for me but when i play a movie it just attempts, but never actually plays. I'd really like confirmation. Maybe i have to mod the phone? Has someone actually seen Netflix play the movie not just the app running.
slashdotjeo is offline  
Last edited by slashdotjeo; September 18th, 2011 at 09:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #2194 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kevinrubio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,029
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend M860 Running CM7.1 RC1 BobZhome 07082011
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 283
Thanked 111 Times in 84 Posts
Send a message via MSN to kevinrubio
Default

yes, netflix update has all devices ability.
so yes
kevinrubio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 09:24 PM   #2195 (permalink)
Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palm Bay, Florida
Posts: 5,504
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend-PlayfulGod's CM7.2 0912 @729 LG Esteem(stock) LG Esteem- running #2
Carrier: Metro

Thanks: 944
Thanked 2,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default

A few people have told me this after I told them Netflix now "supports" all versions. That it starts to play then crashes and takes you back to the movie list. So as far as I know no.
ShinySide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #2196 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kevinrubio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,029
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend M860 Running CM7.1 RC1 BobZhome 07082011
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 283
Thanked 111 Times in 84 Posts
Send a message via MSN to kevinrubio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySide View Post
A few people have told me this after I told them Netflix now "supports" all versions. That it starts to play then crashes and takes you back to the movie list. So as far as I know no.
mine works perfect
kevinrubio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 09:32 PM   #2197 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 196
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

mine did work until recently, will load the movie then just sit at the screen with the play button then i get a netflix not responding error
BILL88STANG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #2198 (permalink)
Member
 
Can0dope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 495
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) CM7.2 09132011 build
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 221
Thanked 109 Times in 90 Posts
calebb1982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1126 View Post
what is it and is there any benefits to using it? I notice GOD with his 9132011 has included the GUI for a2sd by the way thank you GOD for fixing the lights.
back to me question is a2sd is that apps to the sd card or the android OS to sd card if I use it will it make things faster or slower because on broad mem is usually faster than flash mem. but if someone who has used a2sd can answer my long drawn out ??? I wound be grateful.
A2SD allows you to move apps to SD card. With PG's builds, it's built in. The new build has the GUI. Benefits of A2SD include: more free internal memory, easy access to your apps when flashing new ROMs, etc. You might have issues running widgets from SD, but otherwise, yes, it will make things faster.
Can0dope is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Can0dope For This Useful Post:
ray1126 (September 18th, 2011)
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #2199 (permalink)
Member
 
ray1126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Posts: 103
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire Red
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 23
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
rmccauley37@gmail.com
Default

CanOdope
when partitioning the SD card how many should I create and what size should each partition be also how big should each swap be as of last night I created 1 partition on the sd 500megs and a swap of 100megs thank for your fast response to my last question in the forum.
ray1126 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:59 PM   #2200 (permalink)
Member
 
Can0dope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 495
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) CM7.2 09132011 build
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 221
Thanked 109 Times in 90 Posts
calebb1982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1126 View Post
CanOdope
when partitioning the SD card how many should I create and what size should each partition be also how big should each swap be as of last night I created 1 partition on the sd 500megs and a swap of 100megs thank for your fast response to my last question in the forum.
Check you inbox...

512 partition
32 swap

Thats what I did.
Can0dope is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Huawei Ascend
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Huawei Ascend is MetroPCS and Cricket's extremely affordable Android handset, coming in at $150 off-contract. For that kind of money, don't expect much in terms of bang for buck. You'll get a 3.5 inch HVGA display, a 3.2 megapixel c... Read More

Tags
2.1, 2.2, 2.2 froyo, 2.2 update, 2.2 upgrade., adroid market, after upgrade, android, android apps, ascend, ascend problems, boot animation, bootstrapsound, bricked, camera broken, cannot download, firmware update, froyo, google music, help android, huawei, huawei ascend, info, information, m860, metropcs, not compatable, ogg, problem, problem downloading apps, restore, rom manager backup, rom manager clockworkmod 3 error flash, rooted, shopkick, stuck on boot logo, text messaging, tv guide app, update, upgrade, user


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Ascend
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://androidforums.com/huawei-ascend/268728-official-discussion-huawei-ascend-2-1-2-2-firmware-upgrade-info-updated-received.html
Posted By For Type Date
[Official Discussion] Huawei Ascend 2.1 - 2.2 Firmware Upgrade ... This thread Refback March 9th, 2012 08:53 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.