Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Ascend

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 25th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cry Phone wont turn on 100% it just stays on android logo PLEASE HELP :(

hi please help me my phone just wont pass tru the android logo it wont turn on right i dont know what happend how can i fix this and no i did not try ti hack it or anything it probably got wet but im not shure because it does turn on it just wont pass that android logo so its actually stuck there

christian91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 25th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 421
 
Device(s): Boost Galaxy S2 HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 44
Thanked 157 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Have you pulled the battery? If you haven't pull it out for 30 seconds and then try it again.
Anduiril is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nuttmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 7,330
 
Device(s): (SGS3)(Evo 3D)(LG Esteem)(Kindle Fire CM10)(Note 2)(LG L9)(LG F3)(Galaxy Note 3)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,800
Thanked 2,534 Times in 1,730 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to nuttmeg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian91 View Post
hi please help me my phone just wont pass tru the android logo it wont turn on right i dont know what happend how can i fix this and no i did not try ti hack it or anything it probably got wet but im not shure because it does turn on it just wont pass that android logo so its actually stuck there

if it got wet put it in a container with some dried rice for a while to let it draw up the moister...
nuttmeg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Dubstep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 238
 
Device(s): LG Esteem // Flashed w/ #2 ROM - KY Jelly Bean Theme !
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
acrazy14@gmail.com
Default

Usually when this happens you need to remove your battery and SD card for a minute or two.
Then put the battery in first, then SD card.

Might not work for everyone.
Dubstep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

my phone dose the exact same thing except my fones brand new i just turned it off for a min and now it wont power on past the android bit
kat6464 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 03:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink

!
brynneada is offline  
Last edited by brynneada; November 12th, 2011 at 03:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 03:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink

I just fixed my boyfriends phone. It was doing the exact same thing, I did a factory reset by holding the power, volume up and send button....DIDN'T WORK! still was stuck on android screen. This is how you fix it (well this is what i did to fix mine)...
Power down the phone and download and extract this to your desktop MetroStockRecovery-SCRIPTS.zip after you done that press and hold vol down, end key and power, your phone should be on the white huawei screen and it should stay there plug your phone to the computer via usb cable, now open the folder that you extracted and run both of these file, first run fastboot-windows you will see a black box come and leave quick, next run metroPCSStock-windows.bat than another black box will pop up and it will do its thing, once it finishes the phone will automatic reboot itself.
brynneada is offline  
Last edited by brynneada; November 12th, 2011 at 03:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 06:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,323
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,115
Thanked 1,442 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brynneada View Post
I just fixed my boyfriends phone. It was doing the exact same thing, I did a factory reset by holding the power, volume up and send button....DIDN'T WORK! still was stuck on android screen. This is how you fix it (well this is what i did to fix mine)...
Power down the phone and download and extract this to your desktop MetroStockRecovery-SCRIPTS.zip after you done that press and hold vol down, end key and power, your phone should be on the white huawei screen and it should stay there plug your phone to the computer via usb cable, now open the folder that you extracted and run both of these file, first run fastboot-windows you will see a black box come and leave quick, next run metroPCSStock-windows.bat than another black box will pop up and it will do its thing, once it finishes the phone will automatic reboot itself.
Congrats on fixing your boyfriends phone! And welcome to the forums!
__________________
"Machete don't text"
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nuttmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 7,330
 
Device(s): (SGS3)(Evo 3D)(LG Esteem)(Kindle Fire CM10)(Note 2)(LG L9)(LG F3)(Galaxy Note 3)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,800
Thanked 2,534 Times in 1,730 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to nuttmeg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brynneada View Post
I just fixed my boyfriends phone. It was doing the exact same thing, I did a factory reset by holding the power, volume up and send button....DIDN'T WORK! still was stuck on android screen. This is how you fix it (well this is what i did to fix mine)...
Power down the phone and download and extract this to your desktop MetroStockRecovery-SCRIPTS.zip after you done that press and hold vol down, end key and power, your phone should be on the white huawei screen and it should stay there plug your phone to the computer via usb cable, now open the folder that you extracted and run both of these file, first run fastboot-windows you will see a black box come and leave quick, next run metroPCSStock-windows.bat than another black box will pop up and it will do its thing, once it finishes the phone will automatic reboot itself.
Welcome to AF and im glad everything worked out for you.
nuttmeg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
starr1048's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere Out There
Posts: 204
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend ( Metro PCS )
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
Congrats on fixing your boyfriends phone! And welcome to the forums!
LoL Gmash ,
do u have the Android 2.1 Launcher ?
just that 1 app , i try looking
but everytime i try everything
the search wont let me use 9 screens
or 2.1 for some reason lol , so if u
or anyone u know might had that 1 app
it'll save me alot of time
and yes i still use like like a Poem lol
starr1048 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 12th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nuttmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 7,330
 
Device(s): (SGS3)(Evo 3D)(LG Esteem)(Kindle Fire CM10)(Note 2)(LG L9)(LG F3)(Galaxy Note 3)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,800
Thanked 2,534 Times in 1,730 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to nuttmeg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr1048 View Post
LoL Gmash ,
do u have the Android 2.1 Launcher ?
just that 1 app , i try looking
but everytime i try everything
the search wont let me use 9 screens
or 2.1 for some reason lol , so if u
or anyone u know might had that 1 app
it'll save me alot of time
and yes i still use like like a Poem lol

go launcher ex will let you have 9 screens, but 2.2 only 5.
nuttmeg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,323
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,115
Thanked 1,442 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr1048 View Post
LoL Gmash ,
do u have the Android 2.1 Launcher ?
just that 1 app , i try looking
but everytime i try everything
the search wont let me use 9 screens
or 2.1 for some reason lol , so if u
or anyone u know might had that 1 app
it'll save me alot of time
and yes i still use like like a Poem lol
Huawei Ascend - How to re-install STOCK Canvas!

Hey, Starr, you could try that, ^ but I don't know if the download links are still good, and I'm not positive that the 2.1 launcher (Canvas) will work with 2.2. You must be the only person who likes that 9 home screens in a 3x3 grid lol.

P.S.-I guess you must have remembered your password, I see you're using your old profile with the cute doggy avatar lol.
Gmash is offline  
Last edited by Gmash; November 13th, 2011 at 08:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4
 
Device(s): LG Spirit 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brynneada View Post
I just fixed my boyfriends phone. It was doing the exact same thing, I did a factory reset by holding the power, volume up and send button....DIDN'T WORK! still was stuck on android screen. This is how you fix it (well this is what i did to fix mine)...
Power down the phone and download and extract this to your desktop MetroStockRecovery-SCRIPTS.zip after you done that press and hold vol down, end key and power, your phone should be on the white huawei screen and it should stay there plug your phone to the computer via usb cable, now open the folder that you extracted and run both of these file, first run fastboot-windows you will see a black box come and leave quick, next run metroPCSStock-windows.bat than another black box will pop up and it will do its thing, once it finishes the phone will automatic reboot itself.

im trying this but my phone never get the huawei screen just a purpleish one. i ran the programs anyway and it says "waiting for device" any ideas
velkur21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,323
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,115
Thanked 1,442 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by velkur21 View Post
im trying this but my phone never get the huawei screen just a purpleish one. i ran the programs anyway and it says "waiting for device" any ideas
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that purple screen is otherwise known as the purple screen of death. I don't think anybody ever figured out any way to fix that.
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

No need to download the files above, heres what I did, based on Samsung GT-15800:
  1. Remove sim & memory cards.
  2. Replace battery.
  3. Press the middle of the volume button (between + & -), the home (middle) button and the power button at the same time. (Be sure you have the two buttons pressed before hitting the power button).
  4. Let go of buttons when phone powers on. This will bring you to a boot menu.
  5. Use volume +/- buttons to navagate to factory reset & click the home button.
  6. Click home button again to confirm.
  7. Select yes & confirm. This has now reset your phone.
  8. Now select reboot & confirm to restart your phone (or power off and on your phone)

Good as new... literally....
paddyirishman is offline  
Last edited by paddyirishman; December 7th, 2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: tidy up
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to paddyirishman For This Useful Post:
16megan (September 16th, 2013)
Old February 14th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wink Purple Screen Of Death FIX!!!

For all of you out there with the Purple screen of death that need help I HAVE FOUND A FIX. I don't know if that has been done before but from all the reading that I've done it was made aware to me that it has not been solved yet soo i will give you Guys what you need to fix this problem. The first thing i did was take the battery out and the SD card for about 2 minutes for both and it didn't work so then i proceded to come onto this website and read about problems that where like mine or similar to it and i found that there is a button combo to factory reset the Phone. i tried that and thats when i came across the purple screen. the button combo to do that is the Power button, the volume up key and the end key at the same time but, it failed to work after that i went and i pressed the Power button, the volume down key and the end button and that proceded to a Update firmware screen that had apperently Failed. i didnt understand this too much soo i took the battery out left it for a second turned the phone on with the button combo for the factory reset and it went to the purple screen again so i took the battery out Put the battery back in and turned it on regulary and it went past the android screen did the little metropcs Jingle and STARTED RIGHT UPP Just like it normaly would. I hope this helps you all or anyone who has this problem.
PhoneGurux3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhoneGurux3 For This Useful Post:
Gmash (February 15th, 2012)
Old February 14th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokenpoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,057
 
Device(s): sgsIII, pure stock samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 dualbooting stock and pacrom Lg F6 rooted SgS3 4.3 ro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 297
Thanked 1,104 Times in 600 Posts
Secondgenmonkey@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyirishman View Post
No need to download the files above, heres what I did, based on Samsung GT-15800:
  1. Remove sim & memory cards.
  2. Replace battery.
  3. Press the middle of the volume button (between + & -), the home (middle) button and the power button at the same time. (Be sure you have the two buttons pressed before hitting the power button).
  4. Let go of buttons when phone powers on. This will bring you to a boot menu.
  5. Use volume +/- buttons to navagate to factory reset & click the home button.
  6. Click home button again to confirm.
  7. Select yes & confirm. This has now reset your phone.
  8. Now select reboot & confirm to restart your phone (or power off and on your phone)

Good as new... literally....

Good try... but that wont work on this phone.

Recovery boot on an ascend is volume up+call+power but same idea and was already tried.... I may be late on pointing this out..... stupid app is being a pain
__________________
looking for local miami music? in a miami band and want free promo and show tips, no strings attached? www.facebook.com/hahopromotions show updates, music news and free stuff!!! i help here for free, so i figured i can do this too!!! enjoy!
Tokenpoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 05:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,323
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,115
Thanked 1,442 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGurux3 View Post
For all of you out there with the Purple screen of death that need help I HAVE FOUND A FIX. I don't know if that has been done before but from all the reading that I've done it was made aware to me that it has not been solved yet soo i will give you Guys what you need to fix this problem. The first thing i did was take the battery out and the SD card for about 2 minutes for both and it didn't work so then i proceded to come onto this website and read about problems that where like mine or similar to it and i found that there is a button combo to factory reset the Phone. i tried that and thats when i came across the purple screen. the button combo to do that is the Power button, the volume up key and the end key at the same time but, it failed to work after that i went and i pressed the Power button, the volume down key and the end button and that proceded to a Update firmware screen that had apperently Failed. i didnt understand this too much soo i took the battery out left it for a second turned the phone on with the button combo for the factory reset and it went to the purple screen again so i took the battery out Put the battery back in and turned it on regulary and it went past the android screen did the little metropcs Jingle and STARTED RIGHT UPP Just like it normaly would. I hope this helps you all or anyone who has this problem.
Welcome to the forums! Glad you got it working!
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have a huawei android, and it wont turn completely on. no matter how many times i take out the battery and the SD card, it just stays on this black screen with a rotating green circle and displaying the wrong time. It just tells me that com.android.hauwei.kdjfa;sdkjfask;dhfaskd has unexpectedly failed, try again. and only with a force close button. ive tried holding my finger on the screen and holding the power button at the same time, and it wont even turn off. any ideas?
lynnsmazing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sad

have a huawei 4G and i need help i its just stuck on the place when i turn it on can anyone help me plese
volleyball4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Does this work for T mobile? I noticed the for download says metropcs. That's not my carrier. Any help?
floydell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend h866c
Carrier: Straight Talk

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have Huawei ascend h866c. Uninstalled Huawei Launcher with Titanium Backup. Had Go launcher ex installed. Reset my phone to factory and now phone will boot up through trac-fone blue screen. I need Huawei Launcher or any launcher would be good. BTW, phone was not backed up. any suggestions?
pkelly041961 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Huawei Ascend
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Huawei Ascend is MetroPCS and Cricket's extremely affordable Android handset, coming in at $150 off-contract. For that kind of money, don't expect much in terms of bang for buck. You'll get a 3.5 inch HVGA display, a 3.2 megapixel c... Read More

Tags
phone wont turn on 100% wont pass tru android logo


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Ascend
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.