Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Ascend

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 5th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
kevinrubio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,029
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend M860 Running CM7.1 RC1 BobZhome 07082011
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 283
Thanked 111 Times in 84 Posts
Send a message via MSN to kevinrubio
Default Gmail restoring apps

so when i just flash a new ROM, the last option in the setup wizard, is to check or uncheck these two options.
now the second option doesnt really matter but the first one kind of bugs me.
I know what it does, if i check it, it restores apps i once had, but if i dont check it then nothing happens.
Heres the problem when i check it and press ok, it restore apps i dont want.
Is there a way on the PC or phone to manage Google backups?

Advertisements
kevinrubio is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kevinrubio For This Useful Post:
quanmother89 (July 11th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old July 5th, 2011, 02:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,514
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE/AT&T

Thanks: 4,639
Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrubio View Post
so when i just flash a new ROM, the last option in the setup wizard, is to check or uncheck these two options.
now the second option doesnt really matter but the first one kind of bugs me.
I know what it does, if i check it, it restores apps i once had, but if i dont check it then nothing happens.
Heres the problem when i check it and press ok, it restore apps i dont want.
Is there a way on the PC or phone to manage Google backups?

Use TITANIUM BACK-UP to make a .zip file of your apps instead of the GOOGLE restore method.
When you switch ROMS,then go to your file manager & select the TIBU zip file & once it loads,you can determine which apps you want to restore.
It took me a while to figure out how to get the most out of TITANIUM BACKUP.It really is a priceless tool to have in your collection.
Check out the YOUTUBE video tutorials for TIBU,as well as the TIBU WIKI,which can be found by clicking on the TIBU developers site listed in the ANDROID MARKET.
KOLIO is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KOLIO For This Useful Post:
kevinrubio (July 5th, 2011), quanmother89 (July 11th, 2011)
Old July 5th, 2011, 02:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
kevinrubio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,029
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend M860 Running CM7.1 RC1 BobZhome 07082011
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 283
Thanked 111 Times in 84 Posts
Send a message via MSN to kevinrubio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
Use TITANIUM BACK-UP to make a .zip file of your apps instead of the GOOGLE restore method.
When you switch ROMS,then go to your file manager & select the TIBU zip file & once it loads,you can determine which apps you want to restore.
It took me a while to figure out how to get the most out of TITANIUM BACKUP.It really is a priceless tool to have in your collection.
Check out the YOUTUBE video tutorials for TIBU,as well as the TIBU WIKI,which can be found by clicking on the TIBU developers site listed in the ANDROID MARKET.
cool, ill try that. Its better in alot of ways but i just wana know if my question was possible or not. thanks though, i will try that method
kevinrubio is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kevinrubio For This Useful Post:
quanmother89 (July 11th, 2011)
Old July 5th, 2011, 03:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,514
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE/AT&T

Thanks: 4,639
Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrubio View Post
cool, ill try that. Its better in alot of ways but i just wana know if my question was possible or not. thanks though, i will try that method

When you first install a new ROM & install GAPPS,yes,you can select which GOOGLE APPS you want to download.


I do understand what you're asking. It would be nice if you had easier/better control as to which other apps the GOOGLE restore method downloaded to your phone.
KOLIO is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KOLIO For This Useful Post:
quanmother89 (July 11th, 2011)
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 57
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I installed the 06242011 build and restored my apps but my phone keeps restarting itself. I installed the rom through the rom manager from the market.
moogie522 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to moogie522 For This Useful Post:
quanmother89 (July 11th, 2011)
Reply

Huawei Ascend
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Huawei Ascend is MetroPCS and Cricket's extremely affordable Android handset, coming in at $150 off-contract. For that kind of money, don't expect much in terms of bang for buck. You'll get a 3.5 inch HVGA display, a 3.2 megapixel c... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Ascend
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.