Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Ascend

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 6th, 2011, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Question Couple Questions

I just got this phone for Metro PCS and have a couple of questions.

1) I downloaded the 2.2 update and now the time/weather widget is gone. I can't find it in the widgets, there is a clock but it's analog. How do I get this back? I've read that there is one you can buy but I'm not buying something that came free on my phone in the first place.

2) When I'm ending a call, it makes me hit "menu" then "end call," is there a way to change that? My boyfriend has a Motorola Droid and the menu is already up. It just seems like too many steps to hang up a call.

3) Also when I'm editing a contact picture, it says I can use the social app. but when I click it, it just takes me to a list of internal phone files. Nothing to do with facebook. Anyone know anything about this?

Any help would be grateful.
Thanks
Lindsey

Lindz5223 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 6th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,325
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,116
Thanked 1,442 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz5223 View Post
I just got this phone for Metro PCS and have a couple of questions.

1) I downloaded the 2.2 update and now the time/weather widget is gone. I can't find it in the widgets, there is a clock but it's analog. How do I get this back? I've read that there is one you can buy but I'm not buying something that came free on my phone in the first place.

2) When I'm ending a call, it makes me hit "menu" then "end call," is there a way to change that? My boyfriend has a Motorola Droid and the menu is already up. It just seems like too many steps to hang up a call.

3) Also when I'm editing a contact picture, it says I can use the social app. but when I click it, it just takes me to a list of internal phone files. Nothing to do with facebook. Anyone know anything about this?

Any help would be grateful.
Thanks
Lindsey
Hello, Lindsey, welcome to the forums! Let me see if I can help.
1. I'm on Cricket and we don't have the update, but if you can't find the weather clock in the widgets, I'm guessing they left it out of the 2.2. Just go to the market and search for "weather clocks". There are plenty of free ones that are better than the one that came on the phone anyway.
2. The button on the bottom right on the phone is used as the end call button. I like having an actual button to press instead of an on screen button. That way you really know it when you hang up on somebody! Lol
3. I don't do Facebook, so somebody else will have to help you with that one.
__________________
"Machete don't text"
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 11:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks for the info. I came from a iPhone so this phone is a little more complicated to me.
Lindz5223 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 11:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,325
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,116
Thanked 1,442 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz5223 View Post
Thanks for the info. I came from a iPhone so this phone is a little more complicated to me.
Ouch! Lol, Well the good news is once you're comfortable with everything, you can customize this phone to your hearts content, and we have a pretty good community here compared to a lot of other Android phones. Any questions you may have, feel free to ask, and have a look around the forum, theres a lot of good information on here.
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 07:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Shawnsac2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 298
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V (Midnight Rom) Overclocked 1.92ghz
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 64
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

It took me about 2 days, I customize the crap out of my phone. Last week I was in a cricket store, I showed the manager what I did to my phone. Showed him cm7 he wants me to do it on his ascend.
__________________
Huawei Ascend CM7.2
Huawei Ascend II CM7.2
HTC EVO V PowerRom
Shawnsac2000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
PRkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bronx, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 470
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 (MetroPCS)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 108
Thanked 44 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
Ouch! Lol, Well the good news is once you're comfortable with everything, you can customize this phone to your hearts content, and we have a pretty good community here compared to a lot of other Android phones. Any questions you may have, feel free to ask, and have a look around the forum, theres a lot of good information on here.
LOL at least it was; from iPhone, to Androind, and not the other way around :x
PRkid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Can0dope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 495
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) CM7.2 09132011 build
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 221
Thanked 109 Times in 90 Posts
calebb1982
Default

For Facebook contacts, you need to open the Facebook app, hit menu, go to settings and check sync contacts.
__________________
The above post may contain sarcasm...
Can0dope is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,325
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,116
Thanked 1,442 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRkid View Post
LOL at least it was; from iPhone, to Androind, and not the other way around :x
Thats true lol, I just hope she realizes this is a starter Android and doesn't go tell all of her iPhone friends how bad Android sucks.
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Lol. My Bf has a Motorola Droid so I know theres better ones our there. I actually switched because I wanted to save money. But I'm probably going to get the iPhone 5 when it comes out.
Lindz5223 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 12:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,325
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,116
Thanked 1,442 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz5223 View Post
Lol. My Bf has a Motorola Droid so I know theres better ones our there. I actually switched because I wanted to save money. But I'm probably going to get the iPhone 5 when it comes out.
Nah, you'll be hooked on Android by then! BWAHAHA!! Once you decide to root and start flashing custom ROMs, you'll never go back to being a sheeple!
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Reply

Huawei Ascend
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Huawei Ascend is MetroPCS and Cricket's extremely affordable Android handset, coming in at $150 off-contract. For that kind of money, don't expect much in terms of bang for buck. You'll get a 3.5 inch HVGA display, a 3.2 megapixel c... Read More

Tags
clock, contact, end call, picture, time, weather, widget


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Ascend
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.