October 9th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Porirua. New Zealand
Device(s): Huawei Ideos U8150 x 2, Huawei X5 U8800 x 2.
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 49 Times in 44 Posts
Hi Cursed Chico, from the User Manual:
12.7.3 Ways to Free Up Your Mobile Phone Memory
• Move files and email attachments to the microSD card.
• In Browser, clear all temporary Internet files and Browser history information.
• Uninstall any downloaded programs that you no longer use.
• Reset your mobile phone.
12.8 Resetting Your Mobile Phone
12.8.1 Backing Up My Data
You can use your Google account to back up your mobile phone’s settings to Google servers. If you replace your mobile phone, the settings you have backed up will be transferred to the new mobile phone the first time you sign in to your Google account.
1. On the Settingsscreen, touch Privacy.
2. Select the Back up my datacheck box.
12.8.2 Restoring Factory Data
If you reset your phone to the settings that were configured at the factory, all of your personal data stored on the phone, including information about your Google Account, any other accounts, your
system and application settings, and any applications you have downloaded will be erased.
Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your microSD card, such as music clips or photos.
1. On the Settingsscreen, touch Privacy> Factory data reset.
2. When prompted, touch Reset phone, and then touch Erase everything. The mobile phone resets the settings to the original factory settings, and then restarts.
This may be your only choice of action. Have you Deleted unnecessary Text messages? Neil.