Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > Huawei IDEOS X6 (U9000)

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:17 AM   #101 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
4ndroidtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
4ndroidt3ch
Default

Does anyone know if this phone will be coming to virgin mobile usa? Any info will be greatly appreciated!

4ndroidtech is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 24th, 2011, 01:24 AM   #102 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: penang
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to mykomputer
Default

This phone in Malaysia is known as CSL Spice MI410 (Mi410 - CSL). The RRP here in Malaysia is RM1499 ~ USD494.

The android version that comes with it is 2.2.1 and customize by Spice (Spice Mobile - There's always a smarter way). It comes with some preloaded software which can't be uninstall normally. I think it need root to fully uninstall it. And i have no idea on how to root it. (yet )
Looking forward to "mecha50" information.

The only cons I have right now, is the battery life. If i switched on 3g, it will last less than 12 hours. It comes with a 1400mAH batteries.
mykomputer is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mykomputer For This Useful Post:
pre (May 15th, 2011)
Old March 24th, 2011, 01:25 AM   #103 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
beatsworkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia + Manila
Posts: 84
 
Device(s): CherryMobile Magnum HD 900Mhz UMTS + WellcoM A99 850Mhz UMTS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

just updated to 2.2.2 on my X6 its now a Wellcom A99 in a cherry mobile body loL

not sure exactly what has changed except for the boot up logo, will post more when i reinstall all my apps and personalize it back the way i like it.
beatsworkn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 01:30 AM   #104 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
rolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsworkn View Post
just updated to 2.2.2 on my X6 its now a Wellcom A99 in a cherry mobile body loL

not sure exactly what has changed except for the boot up logo, will post more when i reinstall all my apps and personalize it back the way i like it.

Thanks for the update - Please keep them coming


rolex
rolex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:37 AM   #105 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Spica Cherry Mobile Magnum HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I just finish customizing my phone and restoring my backup.

So far, I'm happy with the update. Phone is much stable. I haven't encountered any random reboots unlike before.

GPS seems to be working better as well.

No problem with the power button being unresponsive from time to time...

Some screenies:



mecha50 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mecha50 For This Useful Post:
pre (May 15th, 2011)
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #106 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Spica Cherry Mobile Magnum HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

BTW, you need to place the phone in recovery mode before connecting it to your PC and making the update.

To place the phone in recovery mode, you need to hold the VOLUME UP button then pressing the POWER button.
mecha50 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:43 AM   #107 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Spica Cherry Mobile Magnum HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Gmail and Youtube app where updated automatically upon connecting it to my WIFI network.

I was also prompted with an update with the Battery Parameters of the system making it more accurate.
mecha50 is offline  
Last edited by mecha50; March 24th, 2011 at 08:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #108 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
rolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecha50 View Post
I just finish customizing my phone and restoring my backup.

So far, I'm happy with the update. Phone is much stable. I haven't encountered any random reboots unlike before.

GPS seems to be working better as well.

No problem with the power button being unresponsive from time to time...

Some screenies:




Thanks for the screen shots, it now looks like you have joined the
✪ WellcoM Club




If you do notice any thing more would you please keep us posted I could have bought the A99 , but being an Android ''Chicken'' and a bit scared to try and update one of the current A99 on sale with froyo 2.2.1 my self, I decided to wait a bit until the newer phones are on sale with 2.2.2 pre installed , the A99 Gingerbread should be released in June.

After seeing your update , may be now I can get up the courage to buy an A99 with 2.2.1 and have a go my self, all I will need is a large bottle of Red wine and a quiet room

again thanks - rolex
rolex is offline  
Last edited by rolex; March 24th, 2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: forgot some thing
Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 09:22 AM   #109 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
rolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsworkn View Post
just updated to 2.2.2 on my X6 its now a Wellcom A99 in a cherry mobile body loL

not sure exactly what has changed except for the boot up logo, will post more when i reinstall all my apps and personalize it back the way i like it.


Just wondered how the update went , any obvious changes


rolex
rolex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #110 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
rolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecha50 View Post
Gmail and Youtube app where updated automatically upon connecting it to my WIFI network.

I was also prompted with an update with the Battery Parameters of the system making it more accurate.

Thanks for the info

I notice in one of your posts you mention you have a Galaxy Spica , just curious to know how the screen of the X6 compares to the Galaxy Spica.

Thanks

rolex
rolex is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #111 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
rolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Makes you wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iepyi1XhCBY&feature=player_embedded#at=18
rolex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 10:27 PM   #112 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Spica Cherry Mobile Magnum HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex View Post
Does not happen on my phone. Probably it was still using Froyo 2.2.1.
mecha50 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 10:32 PM   #113 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
beatsworkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia + Manila
Posts: 84
 
Device(s): CherryMobile Magnum HD 900Mhz UMTS + WellcoM A99 850Mhz UMTS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ndroidtech View Post
Does anyone know if this phone will be coming to virgin mobile usa? Any info will be greatly appreciated!
yeah i heard end of the 3rd Quarter 2011....


Quote:
Originally Posted by mecha50 View Post
BTW, you need to place the phone in recovery mode before connecting it to your PC and making the update.
.
No you dont have to we are flashing from PC not SDcard, it puts it in recovery automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex View Post
Makes you wonder
Yeah it also makes me wonder why this tool hasnt downloaded a app to recalibrate his proximity sensor so it can see! instead he posts a flaming "huh this and all X6's is broken WTF?" on youtube. Or maybe take his 20 peso plastic screen protector off his screen then do the same test. pfft wat a tool. seek and u shall find the answers to your mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex View Post
Just wondered how the update went , any obvious changes

rolex
Yea the first obvious is that is hasn't crashed since being updated , also the update with the Battery Parameters happened (not sure why it needed updating it was pretty accurate before). On the downside My APN's where wiped which i didnt expect, so i had no HSPA+ Network until i entered in my networks details again.
oh and the vibration displaying WellcoM at boot up is strong! not sure if all their products do this? but nearlly shakes outta my hand... to sum up the update feels like its running much snappier and more responsive. /me likes
beatsworkn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 10:40 PM   #114 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
rolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

beatsworkn

Thanks for the update

not sure if this has been mentioned be for , the subject of rooting the phone
any thoughts ?
rolex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 05:11 AM   #115 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
beatsworkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia + Manila
Posts: 84
 
Device(s): CherryMobile Magnum HD 900Mhz UMTS + WellcoM A99 850Mhz UMTS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex View Post
beatsworkn

Thanks for the update

not sure if this has been mentioned be for , the subject of rooting the phone
any thoughts ?
for the average user you wouldnt need to root this phone as its pretty much vanilla android, bloatware free. I do have plans to root my other X6 as i need superuser rights for other apps.

what are u waiting for rolex go get one! lots of envious people out there would luv to hav it for sale in their country! just ask one of the sales guys to update the rom if your not confident doing so.
beatsworkn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 05:56 AM   #116 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
rolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsworkn View Post
for the average user you wouldnt need to root this phone as its pretty much vanilla android, bloatware free. I do have plans to root my other X6 as i need superuser rights for other apps.

what are u waiting for rolex go get one! lots of envious people out there would luv to hav it for sale in their country! just ask one of the sales guys to update the rom if your not confident doing so.
There's only Two shops selling the A99 with in easy reach of my home and the rest are one days travel to reach them, sadly the shops that are with in easy reach (160 Km ) are only staffed with young sales girls who's main aim in life is to make sure their lipstick is not smudged and theres amirror on the sales counter , if I asked them to update the rom, they would just stair at me like some sort of strange being from a far off distant planet , speaking in an alien language .

I am going to ring the main WellcoM office in Bangkok and ask if I can order a 2.2.2 version directly from them .


rolex
rolex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #117 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Spica Cherry Mobile Magnum HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Just an update...

My phone's uptime is almost 3 days now. No reboots or crashes whatsoever. Considering that I'm a multi-tasker on my phone.
mecha50 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #118 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
rolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecha50 View Post
Just an update...

My phone's uptime is almost 3 days now. No reboots or crashes whatsoever. Considering that I'm a multi-tasker on my phone.
Great new's


Any signs of dust getting under the camera lens and under the screen ? ( common complaint here on the Thai A99 users forums )

rolex
rolex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:20 PM   #119 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Spica Cherry Mobile Magnum HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Smile

Quote:
No you dont have to we are flashing from PC not SDcard, it puts it in recovery automatically.
Not on my phone. The SUT won't detect the phone even though it's already connected via USB. Placing it manually to recovery mode did the trick.


Quote:
Yea the first obvious is that is hasn't crashed since being updated , also the update with the Battery Parameters happened (not sure why it needed updating it was pretty accurate before). On the downside My APN's where wiped which i didnt expect, so i had no HSPA+ Network until i entered in my networks details again.
oh and the vibration displaying WellcoM at boot up is strong! not sure if all their products do this? but nearlly shakes outta my hand... to sum up the update feels like its running much snappier and more responsive. /me likes
I already expected that my APNs will be wipe out since I experienced it on my Spica when I flashed it with a different firmware.

I'm using "APN Backup & Restore" for the APN settings. Works like a charm.
mecha50 is offline  
Last edited by mecha50; March 25th, 2011 at 08:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #120 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Spica Cherry Mobile Magnum HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex View Post
Great new's


Any signs of dust getting under the camera lens and under the screen ? ( common complaint here on the Thai A99 users forums )

rolex
Not on my phone. Maybe because I'm using a phone pouch / case...
mecha50 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #121 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Spica Cherry Mobile Magnum HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

O.T.

Rolex ----> Same Rolex at the AndroidIcecream forum?
mecha50 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:30 PM   #122 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Spica Cherry Mobile Magnum HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Yeah it also makes me wonder why this tool hasnt downloaded a app to recalibrate his proximity sensor so it can see! instead he posts a flaming "huh this and all X6's is broken WTF?" on youtube. Or maybe take his 20 peso plastic screen protector off his screen then do the same test. pfft wat a tool. seek and u shall find the answers to your mysteries
Ditto! You should have seen the Cherry Mobile Support FB page. Most people are begging to be spoonfed considering it will be to easier to check the FAQs, manuals, support pages or do a simple Google search.
mecha50 is offline  
Last edited by mecha50; March 25th, 2011 at 09:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #123 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Spica Cherry Mobile Magnum HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

beatsworkn,

How's your quadrant benchmark score after the update? My score went down by around 100 to 200.... not sure if its because of the update or I just installed several applications......
mecha50 is offline  
Last edited by mecha50; March 25th, 2011 at 08:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #124 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsworkn View Post
yeah i heard end of the 3rd Quarter 2011....
I never know what those silly smiley faces mean. So are we really thinking Virgin Mobile sometime in 3Q? or does the smiley mean jk, 3Q is so far away it will be out in May? or HA! Virgin Mobile, who is that? Why would they get this phone?

I just really want the upgrade from my optimus v. The sooner the better.
pouchman27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:11 AM   #125 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,322
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,099 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchman27 View Post
I never know what those silly smiley faces mean. So are we really thinking Virgin Mobile sometime in 3Q? or does the smiley mean jk, 3Q is so far away it will be out in May? or HA! Virgin Mobile, who is that? Why would they get this phone?

I just really want the upgrade from my optimus v. The sooner the better.
I don't know of any special meaning for the smiley, but if virgin gets the x6, I will be leaving cricket to get it. Cricket was supposed to be getting the x5, but they recently announced the ascend 2 instead, so I am looking for options. I really like the x5, but the x6 is cool too. The x6 is actually the nicer phone, it's just a little bigger than I really want. If it comes to prepaid, though, I will be all over it.
__________________
"Machete don't text"
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2011, 03:53 AM   #126 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
beatsworkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia + Manila
Posts: 84
 
Device(s): CherryMobile Magnum HD 900Mhz UMTS + WellcoM A99 850Mhz UMTS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecha50 View Post
Not on my phone. The SUT won't detect the phone even though it's already connected via USB. Placing it manually to recovery mode did the trick.
Yea i also have experienced this, nextime first plug in the X6 via USB run the PC Tools setup.exe and sync the X6, it will show as CD Drive ?: Then install just the SUTx64 or x86 while still sync'd. You should already have the relevant C++ plugins for windows if you have other develoment tools. For some reason it wont detect the sync if you plug in after instal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecha50 View Post
Ditto! You should have seen the Cherry Mobile Support FB page. Most people are begging to be spoonfed
#1 support question ~ My Cherry Mobile phone is defect ! How do i put GPRS settings into it?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecha50 View Post
How's your quadrant benchmark score after the update? My score went down by around 100 to 200.... not sure if its because of the update or I just installed several applications......
Hrmm good idea.. ill reinstall the apk and give it a blast soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchman27 View Post
I never know what those silly smiley faces mean. So are we really thinking Virgin Mobile sometime in 3Q? or does the smiley mean jk, 3Q is so far away it will be out in May? or HA! Virgin Mobile, who is that? Why would they get this phone?
Put your cursor over the smiley and it gives a desciption... 3QTR means it will be released end 3RD Quarter. 3rd Quarter: April 1, 2011 - June 30, 2011 Its a financial term.

virgin mobile is a big playa. Virgin Mobile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia>

cheers
beatsworkn is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beatsworkn For This Useful Post:
Gmash (March 27th, 2011), pre (May 15th, 2011)
Old March 27th, 2011, 05:43 AM   #127 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
beatsworkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia + Manila
Posts: 84
 
Device(s): CherryMobile Magnum HD 900Mhz UMTS + WellcoM A99 850Mhz UMTS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecha50 View Post
beatsworkn,

How's your quadrant benchmark score after the update? My score went down by around 100 to 200.... not sure if its because of the update or I just installed several applications......
mine down on average 100





still quicker than a nexus1
beatsworkn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:47 PM   #128 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How do you root the Ideos X6 phone ?

Thanks in advance
xyber9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #129 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsworkn View Post


Put your cursor over the smiley and it gives a desciption... 3QTR means it will be released end 3RD Quarter. 3rd Quarter: April 1, 2011 - June 30, 2011 Its a financial term.

virgin mobile is a big playa. Virgin Mobile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia>

cheers
Wait 3Q is 4/1/2011-6/30/2011. Wouldn't that be 2Q? Does sprint run on a September to September fiscal year? Also what kind of job to you have at sprint to just know to say that is 3qtr?
pouchman27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 08:38 AM   #130 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
beatsworkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia + Manila
Posts: 84
 
Device(s): CherryMobile Magnum HD 900Mhz UMTS + WellcoM A99 850Mhz UMTS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchman27 View Post
Wait 3Q is 4/1/2011-6/30/2011. Wouldn't that be 2Q? Does sprint run on a September to September fiscal year? Also what kind of job to you have at sprint to just know to say that is 3qtr?
/yawn ...Sprint is December end fiscal year much like China, Germany, Sweden etc... the tax year for a business is governed by the fiscal year it chooses. The quarterly dates I quoted come from the US Gov fiscal year. Nup dont work at Nextel, just wait and see..
beatsworkn is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 6th, 2011, 08:48 AM   #131 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
beatsworkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia + Manila
Posts: 84
 
Device(s): CherryMobile Magnum HD 900Mhz UMTS + WellcoM A99 850Mhz UMTS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Just bought and ordered 2 (WellcoM A99) Huawei X6 units with plans to root one of them

Should arrive in a week or so, will up some pics and feedback in a new thread then.
beatsworkn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2011, 04:11 AM   #132 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi All

I just bought a couple of these for my parents and kept one for myself as my Nexus one does not work on True 3G here in thailand, so far the phone is fine and apart from the occasional reboot it has not caused any issues.

My one major issue though is the keyboard, the phone will not let me change to any of the other keyboards I have downloaded. Any idea on how I can get around this?

Many Thanks
sonkind is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 09:02 AM   #133 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
beatsworkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia + Manila
Posts: 84
 
Device(s): CherryMobile Magnum HD 900Mhz UMTS + WellcoM A99 850Mhz UMTS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonkind View Post
so far the phone is fine and apart from the occasional reboot it has not caused any issues.

My one major issue though is the keyboard, the phone will not let me change to any of the other keyboards I have downloaded. Any idea on how I can get around this?

Many Thanks
Apply the Rom update 2.2.2 from WellcoM, links and instructions are above to fix your rebooting issues.

As for the Keyboard... compose a new txt msg and LONG PRESS in the "To" input box or "type to compose" box and choose input method. Your downloaded keyboards then should be displayed to choose from.

Also go into > settings > Language & Keyboard > select keyboard
beatsworkn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 12:48 AM   #134 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I recently bought this phone for about $390 dollars, It's carrier here in the philippines is the cherry mobile magnum HD, and i have to tell you, this phone is a BANG for the BUCK, it occasionally restarts every now and then, but as of late i have no problems in terms of hardware.. SOFTWARE has always been an issue with me, cause i randomly install apps, like apps that are not authenticated by the android market
pjenoy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 03:13 AM   #135 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
rolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsworkn View Post
Just bought and ordered 2 (WellcoM A99) Huawei X6 units with plans to root one of them

Should arrive in a week or so, will up some pics and feedback in a new thread then.

Hi

Any feedback / updates on how your 2 new phones are running ?
rolex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 08:11 PM   #136 (permalink)
pre
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 40
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Would much appreciate any more news about the Huawei X6 heading to Virgin Mobile USA or other US provider!
pre is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #137 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
beatsworkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia + Manila
Posts: 84
 
Device(s): CherryMobile Magnum HD 900Mhz UMTS + WellcoM A99 850Mhz UMTS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex View Post
Hi

Any feedback / updates on how your 2 new phones are running ?
getting there... been busy with other stuff but have rooted one of them and removed some stock bloatware, there wasnt much! umm got a couple of themes going and installed a tracking anti theft device...waiting for a compatible rom to flash but its tricky i dont read/speak thai so as to see what the they are up too in their forums where you are. grr ..Its working great though on 850MHz 3G here in Australia, fast network!

waiting for my 2.3 update for my other X6 from cherry mobile too, heading back over to Philippines in a few weeks so ill get a stock up on some leather cases for these. The cherry mobile X6 900/2100MHz UMTS is on special there at the moment, cheaper than the thai version ..hrmm




beatsworkn is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beatsworkn For This Useful Post:
rolex (May 28th, 2011)
Old May 16th, 2011, 03:17 PM   #138 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,322
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,099 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre View Post
Would much appreciate any more news about the Huawei X6 heading to Virgin Mobile USA or other US provider!
I would like to know about this also. Anybody heard anything?
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 11:03 AM   #139 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
beatsworkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia + Manila
Posts: 84
 
Device(s): CherryMobile Magnum HD 900Mhz UMTS + WellcoM A99 850Mhz UMTS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
I would like to know about this also. Anybody heard anything?
Confirmed. Its not coming to Virgin Mobile US on Sprints crap iDEN/CDMA/EV-DO network. R3tard3d US carriers missed the boat on the whole UMTS thing, havn't learnt from their mistakes eh..pfft rolling out billions on WiMAX instead of LTE ..
beatsworkn is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beatsworkn For This Useful Post:
Gmash (May 18th, 2011)
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:32 AM   #140 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,322
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,099 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsworkn View Post
Confirmed. Its not coming to Virgin Mobile US on Sprints crap iDEN/CDMA/EV-DO network. R3tard3d US carriers missed the boat on the whole UMTS thing, havn't learnt from their mistakes eh..pfft rolling out billions on WiMAX instead of LTE ..
Yeah, I'm not surprised. Its no wonder we're behind the rest of the world in mobile networks as well as broadband internet in general. All of these competing standards are ridiculous.
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 28th, 2011, 08:35 AM   #141 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

I'm wondering if VM will come out with something else instead. I think they will release the Samsung Transform in the Huawei's place.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #142 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsworkn View Post
getting there... been busy with other stuff but have rooted one of them and removed some stock bloatware, there wasnt much! umm got a couple of themes going and installed a tracking anti theft device...waiting for a compatible rom to flash but its tricky i dont read/speak thai so as to see what the they are up too in their forums where you are. grr ..Its working great though on 850MHz 3G here in Australia, fast network!

waiting for my 2.3 update for my other X6 from cherry mobile too, heading back over to Philippines in a few weeks so ill get a stock up on some leather cases for these. The cherry mobile X6 900/2100MHz UMTS is on special there at the moment, cheaper than the thai version ..hrmm




I am a new with android but very interested in the user interface above
Where i can get it
Thanks for any help
thaigps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:30 PM   #143 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,322
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,099 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmryder View Post
I'm wondering if VM will come out with something else instead. I think they will release the Samsung Transform in the Huawei's place.
The x6 is now out for Cincinnati Bell renamed as the Huawei Ascend X. It has 4g and is $249 off contact. I'm going to check one out this week or next, and if I like it i'll be switching from Cricket.
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 05:52 AM   #144 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
beatsworkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia + Manila
Posts: 84
 
Device(s): CherryMobile Magnum HD 900Mhz UMTS + WellcoM A99 850Mhz UMTS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
The x6 is now out for Cincinnati Bell renamed as the Huawei Ascend X. It has 4g and is $249 off contact.
hrm was released couple weeks earlier than i thought....
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsworkn View Post
3QTR means it will be released end 3RD Quarter. 3rd Quarter: April 1, 2011 - June 30, 2011
loL marketing as 4G the phone is only capable of HSDPA 14.4 Mbps

looks Bell is getting the 850UMTS Chinese version.. look forward to seeing some custom roms soon from the US

FARK that price is cheap!
beatsworkn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 07:20 AM   #145 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,322
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,099 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsworkn View Post
hrm was released couple weeks earlier than i thought....


loL marketing as 4G the phone is only capable of HSDPA 14.4 Mbps

looks Bell is getting the 850UMTS Chinese version.. look forward to seeing some custom roms soon from the US

FARK that price is cheap!
Doesn't look like they have "4g" in my area, but whatever. What are the differences between the Chinese and other versions? Do you know of any other carriers getting this phone? Seems odd to me that a tiny carrier like C Bell would be the only one getting it. I don't know how much love it will get from the dev community unless more people can get their hands on it. Also, do you know the screen resolution? Sorry for all the questions.
Gmash is offline  
Last edited by Gmash; June 5th, 2011 at 08:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 05:57 AM   #146 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
beatsworkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia + Manila
Posts: 84
 
Device(s): CherryMobile Magnum HD 900Mhz UMTS + WellcoM A99 850Mhz UMTS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
Doesn't look like they have "4g" in my area, but whatever. What are the differences between the Chinese and other versions? Do you know of any other carriers getting this phone? Seems odd to me that a tiny carrier like C Bell would be the only one getting it. I don't know how much love it will get from the dev community unless more people can get their hands on it. Also, do you know the screen resolution? Sorry for all the questions.
Forget about the so called 4G wording its not 4G LTE or WiMAX its 3G HSPDA & HSUPA. Still fast though, climbing up a looooong ladder to the top of the cell tower holding your Ascend X next to the transmitter you'll get 14.4Mbps download and 5.76Mbps upload but not the +50Mbps from 4G.

Chinese version has N wireless, and is 850Mhz UMTS 3G which is good for AT&T, BELL Mobility, Telcel, Telus, and Rogers Networks. The 3 other Asian based Wholesalers distributing the X6 have only B/G wireless

Gmash do you live in Ohio? if so can you confirm the $249 no contract price is unlocked?

Screen Res is 480 x 800 pixels, 4.1 inches.

Its only been out 6 days in the US, once word gets out im sure many will pick it up as its vanilla Android the best to mod. Nice to see CincinnatiBell have confirmed the 2.3 coming soon for it.
beatsworkn is offline  
Last edited by beatsworkn; June 6th, 2011 at 05:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 08:52 AM   #147 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,322
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,099 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsworkn View Post
Forget about the so called 4G wording its not 4G LTE or WiMAX its 3G HSPDA & HSUPA. Still fast though, climbing up a looooong ladder to the top of the cell tower holding your Ascend X next to the transmitter you'll get 14.4Mbps download and 5.76Mbps upload but not the +50Mbps from 4G.

Chinese version has N wireless, and is 850Mhz UMTS 3G which is good for AT&T, BELL Mobility, Telcel, Telus, and Rogers Networks. The 3 other Asian based Wholesalers distributing the X6 have only B/G wireless

Gmash do you live in Ohio? if so can you confirm the $249 no contract price is unlocked?

Screen Res is 480 x 800 pixels, 4.1 inches.

Its only been out 6 days in the US, once word gets out im sure many will pick it up as its vanilla Android the best to mod. Nice to see CincinnatiBell have confirmed the 2.3 coming soon for it.
I do live in Ohio, but the only info I have is what's on the Cincinnati Bell website. I don't know if it is unlocked, but I'm pretty sure it could be. I've read their phones can be used on T-Mobile and AT&T, but I don't know if you have to get them unlocked first. I know most places wouldn't consider those speeds as 4g, but its still a lot faster than our 3g speeds are here. I'm glad to hear the screen has a pretty high resolution.I couldn't find that in the specs. Most of the lower priced phones here have really low-res screens. As for the 2.3 update, I have the original Ascend still officially stuck on 2.1, so I've learned to not put too much faith in Huawei. They are also not very forthcoming about releasing their source code like they are supposed to. I'm on the edges of CBells 3g coverage according to their map, so I'm going to have to do some more research to make sure I have good service around here before I can get this phone. Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully this phone will start getting the attention it deserves here in America soon.

Btw, nice prediction as far as the release date. Do you work in the cell phone industry?
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 08:52 AM   #148 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,322
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,099 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsworkn View Post
Forget about the so called 4G wording its not 4G LTE or WiMAX its 3G HSPDA & HSUPA. Still fast though, climbing up a looooong ladder to the top of the cell tower holding your Ascend X next to the transmitter you'll get 14.4Mbps download and 5.76Mbps upload but not the +50Mbps from 4G.

Chinese version has N wireless, and is 850Mhz UMTS 3G which is good for AT&T, BELL Mobility, Telcel, Telus, and Rogers Networks. The 3 other Asian based Wholesalers distributing the X6 have only B/G wireless

Gmash do you live in Ohio? if so can you confirm the $249 no contract price is unlocked?

Screen Res is 480 x 800 pixels, 4.1 inches.

Its only been out 6 days in the US, once word gets out im sure many will pick it up as its vanilla Android the best to mod. Nice to see CincinnatiBell have confirmed the 2.3 coming soon for it.
I do live in Ohio, but the only info I have is what's on the Cincinnati Bell website. I don't know if it is unlocked, but I'm pretty sure it could be. I've read their phones can be used on T-Mobile and AT&T, but I don't know if you have to get them unlocked first. I know most places wouldn't consider those speeds as 4g, but its still a lot faster than our 3g speeds are here. I'm glad to hear the screen has a pretty high resolution.I couldn't find that in the specs. Most of the lower priced phones here have really low-res screens. As for the 2.3 update, I have the original Ascend still officially stuck on 2.1, so I've learned to not put too much faith in Huawei. They are also not very forthcoming about releasing their source code like they are supposed to. I'm on the edges of CBells 3g coverage according to their map, so I'm going to have to do some more research to make sure I have good service around here before I can get this phone. Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully this phone will start getting the attention it deserves here in America soon.

Btw, nice prediction as far as the release date. Do you work in the cell phone industry?
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #149 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
beatsworkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia + Manila
Posts: 84
 
Device(s): CherryMobile Magnum HD 900Mhz UMTS + WellcoM A99 850Mhz UMTS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
I do live in Ohio, but the only info I have is what's on the Cincinnati Bell website. I don't know if it is unlocked, but I'm pretty sure it could be. I've read their phones can be used on T-Mobile and AT&T, but I don't know if you have to get them unlocked first.
Id give your nearest local store a ring and confirm if bought outright will it be network locked, i have a feeling they wont be.
If your on the outskirts of CB's 3G Coverage like New Richmond, Hamilton & Huber Heights then put a AT&T sim in it as you should have their data coverage but check first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
As for the 2.3 update, I have the original Ascend still officially stuck on 2.1, so I've learned to not put too much faith in Huawei. They are also not very forthcoming about releasing their source code like they are supposed to.
Your original Ascend was CDMA for the failing US EV-DO network, was never likely to receive 2.2 for that production unit. It was around the same time when the US Congress started making waves with Huawei, pulling them from future US Defense contracts and Telecommunication upgrade bids; linking Huawei with very close ties inside the Chinese Government.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
Btw, nice prediction as far as the release date. Do you work in the cell phone industry?
industry no, ill PM u when im in Asia next week

beatsworkn is offline  
Last edited by beatsworkn; June 6th, 2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: grrrramar
Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2011, 06:25 AM   #150 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,322
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,099 Posts
Default

The funny thing about the Ascend, it was released on 2 carriers (Cricket and Metro PCS) and last week they released the Froyo update for Metro, but not Cricket. I guess Cricket wasn't willing to cough up the $$ for an update. (I'm in Dayton, btw). I'll do some research on the unlocked/sim card question over the weekend. CinBell has a prepaid unlimited smartphone plan for $60 that would be a great deal if I can get reliable service.

I like those dock icons!
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Huawei IDEOS X6
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Huawei IDEOS X6 is one of two newly announced Android devices from Huawei. It is the higher end of the two devices sporting a 4.1 inch capacitive touchscreen, 1Ghz processor, and Android 2.2. We've seen this thing spotted at T-Mobile before... Read More

Tags
huawei x6


Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > Huawei IDEOS X6 (U9000)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.