Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Mercury

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Huawei Mercury Battery Issues

Just got my mercury march 3rd. but i've been having major battery issues with it since the day i got it. if i play a game, or use an app, for about 5 minutes or so, the battery gets extremely extremely hot, and i usually lose 15 to 20% of battery. also if i have my phone on standby or in my pocket or something, the battery gets extremely hot and wastes a lot of power. last night i stopped charging it at around 2 and it had 97%. when i woke up at 8, it was at 43%. should i just get a new battery, or is this a phone issue?

Advertisements
fernymerk is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 21st, 2012, 05:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

im having the same problem... I just bought my Mercury yesterday, 3-20-12 and outta the box it had about half a charge. I used it all day n fully charged the battery last night. Today the phone/battery has been very hot all day n wont hold a good charge. Its my understanding that the battery with this phone is supposed to be pretty good but I'm having a different experience. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Much appreciated.
hhartley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Same here. I did figure one thing out. If you take the back off and the battery out, you'll realize that the battery isn't what's hot. It's the space below the battery, which I'm assuming is where the processor is. At least that's what's happening with my phone, hope it helps.
Shotts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Houston,TX
Posts: 3
 
Device(s): Huawei Mercury
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Voxer was making my processor go crazy hot so i uninstalled and it does not heat up anymore. Check what taking up your battery life on settings, about phone, and battery use.
czer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Huawei Mercury

So I have a Huawei Mercury and I really like it, although I to have batter problems at times.




After some time I found the problem! well for me anyway. there is a voice to text option that works really well!! and I love using it! but for what ever reason it never stop running even if you hit the little button by mistake. you will need to Force Stop it and your batter life will be saved!! having this run all the time really is a hit to your battery, it really makes it hard for the phone to recharge as well. On that note I would get ride of the Stock charger and upgrade to one that charges faster, the stock one puts out 800mA really look for one that puts out 1000mA or more, you will see a HUGE difference!!! also the phone is restricted to 1000mA intake to perfect it form a surge.





Hope this helps you all!
Shadows27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,711
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,257
Thanked 1,537 Times in 1,174 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadows27 View Post
So I have a Huawei Mercury and I really like it, although I to have batter problems at times.




After some time I found the problem! well for me anyway. there is a voice to text option that works really well!! and I love using it! but for what ever reason it never stop running even if you hit the little button by mistake. you will need to Force Stop it and your batter life will be saved!! having this run all the time really is a hit to your battery, it really makes it hard for the phone to recharge as well. On that note I would get ride of the Stock charger and upgrade to one that charges faster, the stock one puts out 800mA really look for one that puts out 1000mA or more, you will see a HUGE difference!!! also the phone is restricted to 1000mA intake to perfect it form a surge.





Hope this helps you all!
Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forums! Welcome also to all the other newer members.
__________________
"Machete don't text"
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 50
 
Device(s): Huawei Merc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

The phone running games, hotspot'n ..it warms up bottom part of the phone...
gixxer_751 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,711
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,257
Thanked 1,537 Times in 1,174 Posts
Default

1.4 GHz single core processor, plus the phone is thin and a lot of stuff crammed into the bottom end of the phone. It traps the heat. Its the processor getting hot, not really the battery.
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): Samsung Attain
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hey if battery is the issue you can go in for extended battery wid door. Try Ontrion batteries theu are really tried and tested and you just neesd to charge your phone for 2-3 hours and then just forget your chargers coz u wont require it for very long time.

www.ontrion.com

i use ontrion battery for my phone n i just love the way it works..
versatilegirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,711
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,257
Thanked 1,537 Times in 1,174 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by versatilegirl View Post
hey if battery is the issue you can go in for extended battery wid door. Try Ontrion batteries theu are really tried and tested and you just neesd to charge your phone for 2-3 hours and then just forget your chargers coz u wont require it for very long time.

www.ontrion.com

i use ontrion battery for my phone n i just love the way it works..
That's the first one I've seen for the Mercury. How big/bulky is it, and what does the replacement battery cover look like? Thanks.
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Johnny Crapple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,017
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 441
Thanked 257 Times in 214 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
That's the first one I've seen for the Mercury. How big/bulky is it, and what does the replacement battery cover look like? Thanks.
I think she works for them it's the same post basically in different phone forums lol

Sent from the future using my mind bullets
Johnny Crapple is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,711
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,257
Thanked 1,537 Times in 1,174 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Crapple View Post
I think she works for them it's the same post basically in different phone forums lol

Sent from the future using my mind bullets
I figured it might be spam lol. It would still be smart business to respond. Some people might want this.
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 01:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): Samsung Attain
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Crapple View Post
I think she works for them it's the same post basically in different phone forums lol

Sent from the future using my mind bullets
Hey Johnny Crapple,

i wish i worked for them but its not the case. iam here just to share what im using.
i bought a battery from ebay and it was a disaster then someone mentioned ontrion battery i bought one n m very happy.
im not trying to become their brand ambassador.
versatilegirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
batterylife


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Mercury
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.